:taylormade-small: MG3 54/11 58/8                      

:taylormade-small: Spider FCG SB

:taylormade-small: TP5 2021

9 holes after work

Fairway 2

GIR 2

Putts 20 with two 3 putts.

Not to good

Ouch!  Must have been something you brought from work.  Got to let it go.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Friday 9 holes, 39, 3 over. 3 extremely stupid bogies. Could not make them up on any putts as greens were aerated earlier in the week and still too “uneven”.

Everything felt great driver especially. The G was working it. A little light rain and wind but nothing to whine about.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played 9, didn't keep score, but played match play 3 against 1 from the tips. The 1 is defending club champ and we won 1 up. The club champs 70 year old dad carried our asses. Won $2. Boom!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Played in a smaller outing today. My group was 14-18 handicap. We were able to post a 68. I still can't believe the power in getting when I connect properly. I put a gap wedge off the back of the green from 115yds. I used to hit the gap 85-90 yes. Dark side of outings came out again today. One group shot a 54. Took closest to pin, longest putt (if they are scoring so low, why were they that far from the pin?) And longest drive. I walked it off from the 150 marker. It was about a 365 yd drive. RIGHT! So they basically one everything

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

If you don't know the players, you should be careful about calling them out. I've played in outings where 4 college kids come out and win everything, straight upgoing 20 under. With 4 guys that can play they dont miss any putts from anywhere. So even though it may seem that it's not likely to happen it can.

I played in an outing last year, and the winners shot 53, some of the guys knew the team, and it was legit. I've also played in one once where it was a 5 man team and they were -22. They had 1 par. 12, and 5 eagles. They eagled all the par 5's and holed out a par 4, again all really good players.

That being said I've also played in some outing where I got to witness cheaters, they didn't win, but they still cheated.

I play in outings for the fun, and for the charity, if someone feels the need to cheat to win, then that's on them, I want to win, but I won't cheat to dot it, if at the end of the day I had fun with my friends on the golf course, then it was a good day.

• Like 6

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Due to an event at my course, I played the back twuce. +3 both rounds with a birdie both 9s. Hit driver a couple tine ls and hit a few fairways and never hurt. Nice hutting a few clubs shorter than the 5w or hybrid.

Gamed a new putter. TM Rossi Monza Itsy Bitsy Spider the club pro is selling. Much better results then my other gamers. Real nice shape for $70. Birdied first hime but only had about 4 feet. Scared a few holes aa well.

• Like 3

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Yep. Ugh.

And while there's no good way to make a ten, I did mine in one of the more embarrassing fashions. Tee shot into the woods, drop, third and fourth, meh. Now it gets bad: half wedge flies the green. Chip back runs off the front. Chip back rolls off the back again. Chip from the back doesn't get up the hill and rolls to my feet (and nearly hits my putter on the ground). Chip on. One putt (thanks, Evnroll!).

In a league match.

Reminds me of the 12 I shot on the 18th hole of Gleneagles Kings course when I was 1 over par on the 18th tee!!!

still got a cut that day but man I was gutted  :(  :(

• Like 4

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

***WARNING***

Spoiled old white guy post!!!

... I had to prepare for a trip last weekend and did not get a chance to play as the weather was not cooperating either. Then flew to Miami early Monday to shoot a new Humana infomercial and commercial and was there for a week shooting 13/12/13 hour days, so I have not played any golf or even swung club in 8 days. After playing 6 weeks of everyday golf last spring in Phoenix (missed one day) and missing no more than 2 days  in a row while playing everyday back here in Chicago when the weather permits, it seems like I am just starting the game after a long winter lay off. Hope to get out this afternoon and am anxious to see if the layoff was a nice rest or detrimental to my game. As I said, spoiled old white guy problems.    :wacko:

• Like 9

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

If you don't know the players, you should be careful about calling them out. I've played in outings where 4 college kids come out and win everything, straight upgoing 20 under. With 4 guys that can play they dont miss any putts from anywhere. So even though it may seem that it's not likely to happen it can.

I played in an outing last year, and the winners shot 53, some of the guys knew the team, and it was legit. I've also played in one once where it was a 5 man team and they were -22. They had 1 par. 12, and 5 eagles. They eagled all the par 5's and holed out a par 4, again all really good players.

That being said I've also played in some outing where I got to witness cheaters, they didn't win, but they still cheated.

I play in outings for the fun, and for the charity, if someone feels the need to cheat to win, then that's on them, I want to win, but I won't cheat to dot it, if at the end of the day I had fun with my friends on the golf course, then it was a good day.

Thanks for the thoughts Kor.A.Door. Right as I hit post, I knew some one would have a different view point. You are correct there are strong players that grouped together can post low numbers. We can discuss this more, but I think this is the wrong post to do so. [emoji3]

No matter what, I am addicted to golf and this won't sway me.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Played 18 at a new-to-me really nice private club that allows a limited number of daily fee guests. Beautiful, incredibly well-maintained course meandering through trees and up and down rolling hills.

Five sets of tees are marked with Roman numerals as "I" - the shortest front tees - to "V" the furthest back tees; played from "II" with my wife which was 5,200 yds with a Men's Rating of 65.0/121.

We took a cart - which was the deluxe version of the basic EZ-Go with individual bucket-like seats, auto parking brake and a GPS. It also had lights - front and rear - and a horn! .. and the F/N/R switch was a key on the dash, not a big lever in front of the seat where you can bump it with your hand.

A few holes have a creek crossing through and there were a few blind tee shots, plus one blind second shot on an uphill Par 5.

Well.. plus two "blind" Par 3 shots as the afternoon sun happened to be directly in our eyes on both of those!

Anyway, hit an unusually large number of fairways (yea!), and also a better than usual number of greens - so tee shots and irons were mostly working well - but ...... 3-putted a majority of the holes, and my wedges looked and felt like nothing I had ever seen nor played golf with before .. so the short game was, umm, a bit weak....

Only landed in one greenside bunker which was after a downhill chip out of deep rough .. hit it hard enough to get out but the extra downhill gave it enough extra roll to continue across the front of the green and down into that nasty, deep bunker .. but I set up carefully, took a few extra seconds to make sure I was set, and popped it out and onto the green first try (yea!). Hit one other bunker - a fairway - with a low enough lip that I could use a PW and advance the ball.

Missed the creek each time it crossed the fairways (yea); only other penalty was a tee shot pulled left into the woods on short Par 3 with an 8i (boo).

So biggest problems were putting and 50 yd wedges .. both big disappointments..... :-(

Had started with a string of Bogeys (ok) but then stumbled and had a Double and Triple followed by too many more Doubles and another Triple and not enough Bogeys (as odd as that sounds to most of you golf studs). Did scratch out two Pars to end with a 49 + 48 / 97 .. which considering all I'm happy enough with :-)

• Like 6

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Played ok with a few stumbles, but played the last 4 at -2, and lipped one of the pars, so it was almost 3 out of 4. Ended up +4 for the day.

Starting to get a grasp on the new driver swing, which is just choked up an inch, and then a little deeper backswing, and right foot back about 2 inches.

Becoming a predictable little baby draw with a little more distance.

• Like 6

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

41-42-83

8/14 FIR Hit more 3W's and it was pretty straight but the driver missed most of those fairways.

6/18 GIR. 😬😳😱

Not the best day with the irons. My irons are usually strong but I lost at least 6 shots with the irons. I pushed one OB with the driver.

15-17-32 putts. This does NOT tell the whole story. I putted really well. I made a lot of 6-10 footers. My proximity was just terrible. I had 5 first putts over 50ft. Back to the irons...

• Like 7

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I thought I could play GOLF, but the golf gods decided that today I would play FLOG.  Unbelievable!!  Shot 46/39 = 85 with six... count 'em 6 double bogeys!!  Might have helped is I had hit more than 3 fairways; I usually miss less than 3 fairways.

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Truly a game of two halves for me on Saturday. A very solid 39 for the first nine, strode to the tenth tee feeling good. Walked of the eighteenth after making a par for 51 and a devastating 90 😭😭😭

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island 2
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I thought I could play GOLF, but the golf gods decided that today I would play FLOG.  Unbelievable!!  Shot 46/39 = 85 with six... count 'em 6 double bogeys!!  Might have helped is I had hit more than 3 fairways; I usually miss less than 3 fairways.

... Aint golf fun? I played my favorite course a few weeks back and ha 4 birdies in the first 5 holes before lightening struck and sent me the the shelter for over an hour and never finished the round. Next time out in similar weather (before the lightening) I was 3 over thru those same 5 holes. 7 shot difference in the first 5 holes. Everyday is a new adventure. 

• Like 4

... Aint golf fun? I played my favorite course a few weeks back and ha 4 birdies in the first 5 holes before lightening struck and sent me the the shelter for over an hour and never finished the round. Next time out in similar weather (before the lightening) I was 3 over thru those same 5 holes. 7 shot difference in the first 5 holes. Everyday is a new adventure.

That's why we keep coming back[emoji106]

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

That's why we keep coming back[emoji106]

... True dat Rick! After a great round I am of course looking to return and hopefully repeat the performance but after a bad round I really cannot wait to get back and erase that bad taste in my mouth. 

• Like 1

Got up and out with the birds today. On the tee box at 6:10 am this morning and walked solo. Finished front 9 in just over one hour. Cool 62° but there was some humidity early and the wildfire smoke was coming in strong from the east side of the cascades.

Ended up shooting 46 41... shaved a stroke off from my round on Friday.

Had a handful of birdie and par opportunities but could not get a consistent roll on the greens today. I did go without a Triple Bogey. That is always a win in my book!

• Like 5

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

51/51 on a new course. Was absolutely murdering driver and long irons but short game was trash. Also had 6 penalties which I think are just part of learning the course. Lots of blind tee shots and blind hazards. Could've done much better I think. I'll get em next time. Also 9/14 Fairways and 4 GIRs. Solid for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

43/41 for an 84. Doubled three holes on the front. Hoping to hit more fairways next week during the City Championship. Only hit 6 fairways today... Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1