• Like 4

:taylormade-small: SIM2 9* MAX  US Ryder Cup 
:taylormade-small:  3 wood SIM Max

:taylormade-small: 5 wood SIM Max

:callaway-small: Mavrik  5i - GW  

:taylormade-small: MG3 54/11 58/8                      

:taylormade-small: Spider FCG SB

:taylormade-small: TP5 2021

Awful. I hated my swing today. Everything was a gigantic snap hook. Everything. It took seven holes to settle down for an 83.

5/14 fairways, 9/18 greens and just a lot of uncomfortableness today.

Still it's a good feeling to get out and the course was gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Thanks for the thoughts Kor.A.Door. Right as I hit post, I knew some one would have a different view point. You are correct there are strong players that grouped together can post low numbers. We can discuss this more, but I think this is the wrong post to do so. [emoji3]

No matter what, I am addicted to golf and this won't sway me.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Don't get me wrong. There is a lot of cheaters in scramble/captains choice outings. Especially when there are gimmick ways to lower the score. String, mulligans, doovers. Things like that. Anytime someone comes in really low, there's always the chance they cheated tondo so, but in some cases, it is legit. It also helps to know the group that does go low, because you can generally know by who I think is. It's the group that nobody knows that makes you skeptical. I'm with you too, I love Golf, and like the captains choice format for charity outings, so I aldehyde go in to try to win, but I'm really there for he fun of playin golf, and enjoying the company of my group.

• Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Speaking of playing, shot 43-38/ 81. Got off to a poor start bogey on 1, double on 2, settles a bit then on the par 3 fourth hole I hit a nice line drive up the middle, that hit the brick wall and then came back 30 yards into the waste land, neverto be seen again, so I hit 3 from the tee and then made 4. Up and down round highlights we're getting up and down out of 3 bunkers. The swing is getting better, but still have some nice pull hook draws on occasion. The tempo is a getting better though.

• Like 4

Touched my clubs yesterday for the first time in almost two weeks. Had no expectations when I hit the course after not getting a chance to warm up. Shot 74 for my first round in the 70s in awhile and a PB for me

• Like 6

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I played like the cow manure they were spreading on the field next to the course. You know it is a bad day when you 2 iron off the 18th carries 220, lands on the cart path, bounces 5 times backwards, and ends up as a 60 yard shot. It bounced back 160 yards. WTF

43-41-84 Two Birdies One Double

FIR 8/14

GIR 4/18 Fought the irons all day. One hole I hit the PW 150 and airmailed the green and the next I hit 8 iron 125 and left it in the bunker. Both felt like clean strikes...

Putts 16-17-33 6 lips outs. Need I say more?

• Like 5

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I played like the cow manure they were spreading on the field next to the course. You know it is a bad day when you 2 iron off the 18th carries 220, lands on the cart path, bounces 5 times backwards, and ends up as a 60 yard shot. It bounced back 160 yards. WTF

FIR 8/14

GIR 4/18 Fought the irons all day. One hole I hit the PW 150 and airmailed the green and the next I hit 8 iron 125 and left it in the bunker. Both felt like clean strikes...

Your first problem is that you think you can hit a 2 iron.😁. The old saying from when I was younger. “Not even God can hit a 2 iron”.

I hate when that happens though, nothing worse than hitting a really bad shot that ends up even worse than it normally would have. I guess that just makes up for all the times you get a “good” bounce that works in your favor.

• Like 2

Played in a little scramble today. Me and another guy shot a 63 with a couple of 3-putts. Made an eagle! Don't worry, it was all me there. [emoji6] My partner made an ace. No joke, this was his third ace this month! We all know the scamble tournament crowd... let's just say, his bar tab was getting pretty high when I left. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Second round in with the Ping G400 Max and a different swing thought from a quick tip by the teaching pro at my club, resulted in a 86 (42/44). 8 GIR's and 8 Pars but only 6 Fairways. The big difference was where I was on missed fairways, only one was a big slice the others were all playable in a forwards direction.

This is the first round since my leg was broken last October where I got a 0.3 handicap cut. Course handicap was 17. I just need to build on that now.

• Like 3

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

Your first problem is that you think you can hit a 2 iron.. The old saying from when I was younger. “Not even God can hit a 2 iron”.

I hate when that happens though, nothing worse than hitting a really bad shot that ends up even worse than it normally would have. I guess that just makes up for all the times you get a “good” bounce that works in your favor.

... I will say the modern 2 iron (Driving Iron mostly) is not the same 2 iron we played back in the day. Hollow headed, some foam filled and many have a graphite hybrid shaft. Obviously it still takes a good swing and center contact, and I rarely hit mine from anywhere other than the tee unless it is very windy and I need to flight down a shot dead into the wind, but they are really pretty forgiving today when compared the the butter knives we used to hit.

• Like 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

FIR 8/14

Please teach me this cow manure way of golf and still end up shooting an 84 :D

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1X

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

Played with a bunch of Spys this weekend at Swan Point!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/23019-dmv-local-golf-talk-meetups-etc-swan-point-aug-11/page-20

Played my normal up and down and down game though and shot a 98.  Hit some decent shots, and hit some not so decent shots.  Highlights...just getting a round in with fellow Spys.  The lowlight...shanking two wedges in a row to almost take a fellow spy's head off after hitting a great drive.  

MDGolfHacker

• Like 5

Social Media:

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

Played with a bunch of Spys this weekend at Swan Point!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/23019-dmv-local-golf-talk-meetups-etc-swan-point-aug-11/page-20

Played my normal up and down and down game though and shot a 98.  Hit some decent shots, and hit some not so decent shots.  Highlights...just getting a round in with fellow Spys.  The lowlight...shanking two wedges in a row to almost take a fellow spy's head off after hitting a great drive.  

MDGolfHacker

Shanking wedges??? STOP stealing my shots!!!! Last couple of rounds for me, I've started this nasty little trend too and it SUCKS!!! :angry: How the H*** does one all of a sudden start doing that anyway???

I'll copy-n-paste this into the Rant Thread..! :P

• Like 3

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Shanking wedges??? STOP stealing my shots!!!! Last couple of rounds for me, I've started this nasty little trend too and it SUCKS!!! :angry: How the H*** does one all of a sudden start doing that anyway???

That happend to me earlier this year too. My fix was to stand farther away from the ball and have my hands a little more upright.
  • Like 1

If I knew, I'd tell you :D.  It happened on hole 18 for me.  Great drive and I had what I thought was an easy wedge into the  green.  Shanked the approach shot left about 30 yards into the rough.  All the spies were standing to the left of the green and the cart with Spy Big Ball was about 15 yards in front of me to the left.  Well, shanked the next shot and almost took his head off on the way to my ball ending up in a sand bunker in the back left.  Made a nice sand shot out of there (which I was totally expecting to be shanked too) and two putted for a double, LOL.  All in all, a great day when playing with Spies and not having to call an ambulance  :D  :lol:  :lol:

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

Social Media:

That happend to me earlier this year too. My fix was to stand farther away from the ball and have my hands a little more upright.

Farther away?? That seems counter-intuitive, but I'll give it a shot and work on the hands. Just weird how a general skill that has been pretty good for me generally will just evaporate sometimes.

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

Farther away?? That seems counter-intuitive, but I'll give it a shot and work on the hands. Just weird how a general skill that has been pretty good for me generally will just evaporate sometimes.

I was shanking off the heel, were you shanking off the toe?
  • Like 1

Ping Apologist #9:

Well, look at it this way.  I went to brewery on Friday so my beer gut to distance ratio to my hands must of increased slightly.  Enough to cause those shanks!  If I only knew...I would of gotten light beer! :D  :lol:

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Social Media:

If I knew, I'd tell you :D.  It happened on hole 18 for me.  Great drive and I had what I thought was an easy wedge into the  green.  Shanked the approach shot left about 30 yards into the rough.  All the spies were standing to the left of the green and the cart with Spy Big Ball was about 15 yards in front of me to the left.  Well, shanked the next shot and almost took his head off on the way to my ball ending up in a sand bunker in the back left.  Made a nice sand shot out of there (which I was totally expecting to be shanked too) and two putted for a double, LOL.  All in all, a great day when playing with Spies and not having to call an ambulance  :D  :lol:  :lol:

MDGolfHacker

Heh...

Headline:

MGS FORUMS OFFLINE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE AS 1/2 OF THEIR CORE GOES TO EMERGENCY ROOM AFTER SHANKED WEDGE SHOT. MDGolfHacker declines comment.

Unrelated article:

SWAN POINT MAN FINDS SEVERAL "LIGHTLY USED" WEDGES IN TRASH BIN

:P  :P  :P

• Like 5

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

I was shanking off the heel, were you shanking off the toe?

I must be since those ugly mis-hits all go 90* dead right...most embarrassing...

• Like 1

Driver

#Powertotheplayers