How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Sounds like it's there. You just need to understand what's happening on those OBs. Can you get a pro to take a look?

Because the swing is over in a second, your brain doesn't recognize a difference from one swing to another. Someone else that's trained can see it.

Maybe. There's just a huge disconnect between my good swings and bad ones. They all feel the same. Sometimes I get too quick in the back swing but when I swing it well the randoms seem baffled at how good it looks and how far it goes. Literally Jekyll and Hide out there.

I like to work things out on my own. I had one lesson once and it was not good. Makes me nervous even thinking about another one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Played a quick 9 after work for the first time ever. I found it really tough to shake off the day and get in a groove. Finally started playing right about 4 holes in but when your only playing 9 that's a little late. Shot a 49. Still in a love hate relationship with my driver.

Had 3 holes where I drove it OB and had.to drop and 3 drives striped down the middle.for 260+. One of which was a par 4 that I drove the green on. I'm learning that If I could keep the ball in the fairway and not waste shots. I could probably do alright.

1 birdie, 1 par, 3 GIR and 3 Fairways hit. 19 putts on aerated greens.

If the ones that you hit it out of bounds, are tight, consider a 3W or long iron off the tee. It seems like when you are in the fairway, you are pretty decent. I would consider seeing a pro and making different course management desicions.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

If the ones that you hit it out of bounds, are tight, consider a 3W or long iron off the tee. It seems like when you are in the fairway, you are pretty decent. I would consider seeing a pro and making different course management desicions.

They are not tight. My miss is a mega slice. I think it's late release. I just need to tinker at the range. Maybe Sunday I'll go have a driver day and see what I can do. I often consider taking 5 iron off the tee and I will if it's short or tight. Most of the holes on today's course leave me 200+ out if I hit 5 iron so it's a no go.

It's not easy deciding whether to take driver or not ever when your so inconsistent. when it's good it's real good and when it's bad it's real real real bad. I'm at a loss.

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Played 9 in very smoky conditions here in the NW. +2 with 2 birdies. 100 % fairways 33% GIR.

• Like 2

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Shot a 7 over 80 yesterday, very happy with that 😁. It did however include an 8 on the third and a double on the fifth, there were 3 birdies to get rid of the triple 🤣

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Maybe. There's just a huge disconnect between my good swings and bad ones. They all feel the same. Sometimes I get too quick in the back swing but when I swing it well the randoms seem baffled at how good it looks and how far it goes. Literally Jekyll and Hide out there.

I like to work things out on my own. I had one lesson once and it was not good. Makes me nervous even thinking about another one.

I wasn't talking about a lesson.  Maybe your pro isn't as accommodating as ours.  Our pro will take a look at your swing, tells you what he sees, and makes a recommendation.  Takes 5 minutes, and doesn't charge anything.

Of course, if you want the full treatment, he'll take your money!!

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Had my best round ever! The day started with my old English bulldog waking me up for a walk at 3am. After the walk I couldn't fall back to sleep so I jumped on Golf Now to make the earliest Tee Time available. I then called in my breakfast order to Starbucks for a grab and go to munch on as I made my way to the North Shore's Turtle Bay Golf Resort.

I tee'd off by myself as I was the first one on the golf course. No warm up, no putting, no chipping, not even a toe touch hamstring stretch I simply tee'd it up and was on my way. The first four holes were birdie, birdie, par, eagle.

How the eagle came to be was pretty indicative of the entire day. It happened on a somewhat short Par 5 on which I crushed the driver followed by a five iron. The 5 iron was on a direct line to the flag but to my dismay came up about four inches short of making it over the bunker and instead imbedded itself just under the lip. I had one of two choices. I could either stand on the green with my back to the hole and attempt some crazy reaching over the lip back through my legs shot or I could declare the ball unplayable. I decided I'd try the crazy shot. I felt like if it didn't pop out it would simply roll back down into the mouth of the bunker leaving me a pretty easy 4th shot.

So there I was standing legs spread with a wedge and after a couple practice strokes I slammed that wedge into the lip with all the might my 54 year old muscles could muster. The forward momentum to dig the ball out resulted in me falling face first four feet into the bunker. I laid there spitting sand out my mouth hoping no one saw me tumble into the sand. As I pushed up to stand, out of the corner of my eye I caught two ground keepers falling all over one another in laughter. I couldn't help but chuckle a little myself.

I then turned my attention to finding my ball. Surely it went across the green into the other bunker. I made the walk of shame 30 feet across the elevated green. As I approached the edge I fully expected to find another impossible shot but to my surprise....... no ball! I'm sure you guessed it by now. Yes the ball was in the dang cup for an amazing, albeit lucky, eagle.

The next 13 holes pretty much followed suit. As hard as I tried to mess up this round the Golf Gods simple would not allow me to. When all was said and done I hit 13 out of 14 fairways, 15 of 18 greens in regulations, 1 eagle, 6 birdies, 1 bogey, and 10 pars for a round of 65.

The next round will probably be an 88. The Golf Gods giveth and the Golf Gods taketh away. Such is the game we love.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Brilliant round sir!!

I love the falling in the bunker trick and I bet if you hadn't laughed at yourself the rest of the round would have gone south 👏👏👏😂

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

That's a terrific round steddy and even better narration !!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Played pretty well last night in league shot 46 with a horrible and discouraging double on the last hole, 100 out in the fairwy with a GW in my hand [emoji35]

Good News: I took 3rd place Net.

Bad News: I was beat for 2nd place by one stroke, by that bum MDGolfHacker [emoji41]

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

As a bonus I got to see Matt Dobyns bag up close and personal. For those of you not familiar with him check out his bag from the PGA Championship on WRX. He has the new TS3 in the bag with a Tensei Orange and I just had to have a look. When I asked if I could see it he told me to give it a few swings in the range. This thing is an absolute beast. Great feel, perfect ball flight and about ten yards longer than my 917. Titleist can take my money now.

Spoken like a true ho!  :D

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

45 + 39 = 84 today.  Bad rhythm and inconsistent play today.  I didn't play much better on the back however my Square Strike Wedge was saving my arse all over the place.    Six pars & three bogies on the back.  My rhythm was so bad today I felt like a one legged man in a field goal kicking contest.   :D

• Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

Played with our new club pro today. Lovely guy, used to play on the local tour so nothing big..........yet he hits the ball better than I ever have or can ever dream to have. Drives were HIGH, LONG and straight. Irons were like guided missiles to the pins and the short game looked like he threw it at the flag *sigh*

I used to think if I could play like that I could do well in a big comp, but it shows you how tough it really is to make a buck playing golf for a living.

Glad he's our pro though, great manner, has all the toys and very encouraging and friendly to members.

• Like 3

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Played pretty well last night in league shot 46 with a horrible and discouraging double on the last hole, 100 out in the fairwy with a GW in my hand [emoji35]

Good News: I took 3rd place Net.

Bad News: I was beat for 2nd place by one stroke, by that bum MDGolfHacker [emoji41]

Good showing Spys!!!

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 over today, played well.

Oddity of the day was how crazy good I hit the driver today.

Putted good too, except they sliced the greens...

• Like 4

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Scratched my way to an 81. Hit half the fairways but my misses left me behind trees, crappy lies, and hard pan. 17 GIR...lol...nit good. Putts missed by an inch or two. On a positive note i did hot my seldom played 3w ok at times especially on the #1 hdcp hole which I birdied thanks to a 15 foooter. Been in pain and hoping its not the sciatica.

• Like 1

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Played 9 with my son this afternoon in a tidy one under. Nothing terrible about the round and spending time with him was the best part of the round. He didn't hit it too bad either for not playing in a few weeks.

• Like 3

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

:callaway-small: X Forged UT 24* MMT 105TX

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 5 - AW Steelfiber 115x

:callaway-small: PM Grind 2.0 54* $ 58* KBS $ Taper 120 Black

:ping-small: B90

85 this morning made up of, 2 Birdies, 5 Pars, 9 Bogies and 2 Triples. I need to stop these triples in my rounds. My handicap has now dropped 0.9 in my last three rounds which I am happy with.

• Like 2

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

Spoken like a true ho! :D

I am what I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

:callaway-small: X Forged UT 24* MMT 105TX

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 5 - AW Steelfiber 115x

:callaway-small: PM Grind 2.0 54* $ 58* KBS $ Taper 120 Black

:ping-small: B90

I haven't played in 4 days and it's been great. Needed a few days off. Might play Sunday. Definitely Monday for league. Body needed a break for sure!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink: