Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Early 9 nice weather, fareway & greens beautiful. 1st hole, Par 5 smacked a 220 yd drive down the middle, second shot layup right to my number 3rd shot skanked a wedge almost into a trap in nasty rough, chip out 2 putt.
The other 8 holes were a disaster, lost 3 balls.
220 on first shot for this Ole Fart!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

15 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Annual Mulligan’s Cup, two person scramble today. Mulligans is the Irish Pub at our Club. We had 26 teams with 7 under the winner. My team finished 3 under, But with no bogeys! So we finished about 6th place out of 26......not too shabby.

Nice going!! 👍

But I think what we all want to really know is...
Who "won" at the 19th Hole at Mulligan's?? 😆

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

It’s the “End of the World”
Bacon Boyz breakfast has been canceled this Friday after golf. There will be Hysterical Ole Farts!
Seriously, a good idea for a couple weeks.IMG_0752.JPG

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played in my first VGA tournament yesterday, and came in 2nd for my flight.  The front 9 was probably the best golf of my life.  I started birdie, par, par, birdie, par thru 5...then bogey, bogey, double bogey, and par for a 38.  Things went severely downhill starting on #14, and finish out with a 50 on the back 9.  

And now, I just got word that this weeks tournament is cancelled...thanks Coronavirus!

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Need any Golfballs?

IMG_2110.thumb.JPG.362bade73176964c8902bd4562b4f077.JPG

Melvin sunning on the beach at Pebble Creek GC.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Wilson Staff Triton (10.5*) w/Aldila Rogue Regular; PowerBilt Air Force One 3W 15* & 5W 19* Apollo Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Tour Effect Univ. Of Kentucky cooler bag.

Healthy Guy isn’t he!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Lo 40s, chilly breeze, grey skies .. golfing weather!
(NO - I'm not Scottish 😝)

Played a short course 9 and correctly assumed there'd be almost no one out; got around at a casual pace in less than 90 minutes .. including hitting a second approach shot a few times and extra putting practice on several holes. Nice to be out when it's like that, with no waiting / standing around.

Anyway... Typical round = some good + some needs more work. Usually my tee shots fade, or occasionally slice, right but today was all Lefts??!!?? Most of them ended up playable, except for that one that went just a wee bit OB (left). But then hey that particular shot was flying high and long! (See me digging out the positive there? Been married to an optimist for too long 😉).

Started with a 3-putt bogey and thought "hmmm maybe I should start tracking this round?" and, of course, proceeded to immediately TRIPLE the two next holes. D'OH! Did manage two Pars on what are often some of the more difficult holes, for me, on that course - go figure! 

In general every part of my game today was just a little off .. but actually not too terribly horribly so, so I'll give it an overall "OK". 

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Monday walking 9-hole day with the guys.  I wasn't sure that the course would be open since our state has shut down all restaurants, bars, entertainment, and recreational facilities.  Not sure if golf courses are considered recreational facilities.  Hey! Course open... after frost delay.

Birdied the 1st hole... OK, I could set the course record, theoretically.  Parred the next two holes... OK, no record.  Bogeyed #4, but had a good sand shot to 5 feet but missed putt.  Poor tee shot of #5 led to another bogey; missed a birdie putt on #6; then bogeyed #7.  Made a great par save on #8, then pared #9.  So...  a +2 round of 39.  Nice weather!!  Remember, we had 2 inches of snow on Saturday.

Here's the par 3 #8 hole playing 210y today where I made a great save...  

IMG_1253.thumb.jpeg.4aee067c4a3219dedb7385d8a6b34ce0.jpeg

You can see the mounds of grass that are typical of most all holes on the course.  No hazards on this hole, but you can get some tricky downhill/sidehill lies.  You can barely see the top half of the Blue flagstick on the lower back shelf of the green.  We've been talking about two tiered greens in the last few posts; this one has the steepest drop on the course.  It can be a birdie hole if you hit to the middle of the green with a little cut and the ball makes it over the ridge that cuts diagonally across the green.  An 84 year old got an ace here last year from the senior tees with that pin position... 2 months before he passed away.

I played a cut, but hit a draw.  I hear that pros do that!!  😆  My ball was off the green left in that dark green patch of grass.  I hit my 60º and the ball almost stopped on the top of the ridge but crept over and trickled down to 3 feet.  Made putt.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

39/43 at Coyote Wash today with no birdies.  I ran a handful right up to the edge for a peek... so frustrating 😡. The round felt odd to me.  I had two tee times scheduled last week and we dropped one due to a number of the Canadian guys deciding to head home (or begin packing to do so).  Ended up just myself and one other... and guess what we talked about?  While we had fun and the weather was great, I just never felt like I had my head in the game.  My wife and I have decided to "tune out".  There is simply too much media churn and onslaught of information - real, imagined, or completely fabricated.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

39/43 at Coyote Wash today with no birdies.  I ran a handful right up to the edge for a peek... so frustrating . The round felt odd to me.  I had two tee times scheduled last week and we dropped one due to a number of the Canadian guys deciding to head home (or begin packing to do so).  Ended up just myself and one other... and guess what we talked about?  While we had fun and the weather was great, I just never felt like I had my head in the game.  My wife and I have decided to "tune out".  There is simply too much media churn and onslaught of information - real, imagined, or completely fabricated.

Yup..

Rick

Left Hand, 

39/43 at Coyote Wash today with no birdies.  I ran a handful right up to the edge for a peek... so frustrating . The round felt odd to me.  I had two tee times scheduled last week and we dropped one due to a number of the Canadian guys deciding to head home (or begin packing to do so).  Ended up just myself and one other... and guess what we talked about?  While we had fun and the weather was great, I just never felt like I had my head in the game.  My wife and I have decided to "tune out".  There is simply too much media churn and onslaught of information - real, imagined, or completely fabricated.

Yup..

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played my first round of the season at San Carlos in Estero FL yesterday. Beat up my FIL pretty good but I sort of expected that, and he rode the back 9 but didn't play.

I ended up with a 45/42 87 with 32 putts.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Not so good today, shot a 41/45:86 at Babe Zaharias GC in Tampa.

I did win a $30 Skin on the Par 5 #12!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Tuesday Exec 9. Kinda weird everyone riding in their own cart which is not mandated but highly suggested. Started off slow but by 4th hole swing started to return and hitting the ball OK.
Finished +4.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Started out hot ... lipped out a birdie putt on #1,  12 foot birdie putt on #2, and chipped in for a birdie on #3 -- then the wobble of the wheels as I bogeyed 4 and 5.  Just missed birdie putts at 6 and 7 and double bogeyed #8 ---- 38 on the front.  Birdied #18 to close out the back with another 38 ---- 76 for the round!  That should drop the handicap a bit for tomorrow's round.

Edit:  the posted score only dropped my index by 0.1 to a 7.6.  I was sort of expecting a bigger effect...still getting used to the new system

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

First round in over 6 months for me today, and while the final score (82) wasn’t great, it was just great to be out. Turns out, I need to shake some rust off my iron game, and relearn distance control on my putts! 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Started out hot ... lipped out a birdie putt on #1,  12 foot birdie putt on #2, and chipped in for a birdie on #3 -- then the wobble of the wheels as I bogeyed 4 and 5.  Just missed birdie putts at 6 and 7 and double bogeyed #8 ---- 38 on the front.  Birdied #18 to close out the back with another 38 ---- 76 for the round!  That should drop the handicap a bit for tomorrow's round.

Sounds like a fun time......we’re did you play Carl?

Wilson Staff Triton (10.5*) w/Aldila Rogue Regular; PowerBilt Air Force One 3W 15* & 5W 19* Apollo Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Tour Effect Univ. Of Kentucky cooler bag.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I played "Meh" yesterday lol. Been getting sloppy with my swing and started correcting it again, but when I went to the course yesterday the range was closed. I was only intending to practice, but decided for about the same amount of time, I could play at least 9 holes. Topped my first ball into a small creek on a Par 3. Re-teed and stuck it to 5'. Topped my drive on the next hole and didn't even get past the women's tee box... Finally, got airborne on the third hole with a low heel-cut that just barely stayed out of trouble. Topped the next drive. After that, it got progressively better as I started to realize what I was doing, but man that hurt... Still managed to come out with 3 pars somehow...

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Sounds like a fun time......we’re did you play Carl?

My home course -- Rogue Course Rogue Valley Country Club, Medford, Oregon.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

42 this morning. Driver was behaving nicely but Putter was having a bad hair day.
No excuses fareways, greens & weather all awesome.
Attached is a picture of the Cart Parking area, 1st time I’ve EVER seen it partly empty. Restaurant was open and nobody in there for breakfast.IMG_0757.JPGIMG_0759.JPG

Rick

Left Hand, 

31 minutes ago, Rickp said:

42 this morning. Driver was behaving nicely but Putter was having a bad hair day.
No excuses fareways, greens & weather all awesome.
Attached is a picture of the Cart Parking area, 1st time I’ve EVER seen it partly empty. Restaurant was open and nobody in there for breakfast.IMG_0757.JPGIMG_0759.JPG

Yeah, it's 42 this morning here too... at 9am.  Oh, you mean your score... sorry!  😆

It's a sunny, calm day here, and I'm headed to the course after a dentist appt.  See, I built in my excuse already!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yeah, it's 42 this morning here too... at 9am.  Oh, you mean your score... sorry!  
It's a sunny, calm day here, and I'm headed to the course after a dentist appt.  See, I built in my excuse already!!

The pix are @ 9:20 after we finished front (I didn’t play back 9) usually carts are spilled over into over parking lot and restaurant has line out the door.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Y'all know I'm living vicariously through you.   With the virus scare and work place shut downs, it may be sometime before I get to actually play.  Thinking about setting up my practice net this weekend.  BOY, I NEED SOME GOLF!

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Lo 50s, mostly clear, only a very light breeze -- golfing weather! But not surprisingly, EVERYONE had the same idea ... all the courses in the area were summertime crowded!  Checked early but no tee times until after 3 pm! Craazeee. So wife (home from school for two weeks) and I opted for a Par 3 not too far away that sort of winds thru the trees on the "inside" of the main course. Has some up- and downhill shots, overhanging branches, drop-offs into the woods behind the holes, etc to make it all visually interesting and challenging. Holes range from 85 to 160 yds.

Started off ok enough tho a 3-putt bogey after landing on the back-right fringe, but next bunch of holes all my tee shots seemed to be landing short-right (the opposite of the other day's all lefts). May be a face-open at impact issue but .. despite current situation .. scheduled another Golftec lesson for next week. So I was doing a lot of scrambling and ending up with a lot of bogeys. Kinda got it back by #7 and #8 which I both parred; had a chance to on #9 but I putted from off the green when I shudda chipped - didn't look carefully enough and ball was actually sitting down in a little bit of a hole, so it just kinda bounced out and went nowhere.....

Live & Learn! (I hope!!!)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Played our inside 9 twice today 39/38----77 (par 70).  We played as a sixsome -- 6 carts, maintaining social distancing on green, leave pin in, no rakes for traps so could only smooth with foot/club as best we could --- 3 1/2 hours to play!

Played our inside 9 twice today 39/38----77 (par 70).  We played as a sixsome -- 6 carts, maintaining social distancing on green, leave pin in, no rakes for traps so could only smooth with foot/club as best we could --- 3 1/2 hours to play!

Well done

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sunny and 64º with no wind.  It's shorts weather!!

I struck the ball fairly well; hit some nice iron shots.  However, the rest of my game must have been in quarantine.  I was +8 on each nine, so 88.  Ugly!  

Just one example...  Nice drive down the middle on a par 5, further than my normal drive on this hole.  My crappy 3-wood came through this time; another shot down the middle.  Most of the time I'm hitting hybrid for my 3rd shot; today I hit 8i... over the back of the green!!  Took 4 more shots to get in the hole... double!!  

Fairways:  11/13
Greens:      3/18
Putts:      29

My wife and I walked the front nine (most difficult), then got a cart at the turn since her foot was hurting.  Pace was good until the last couple of holes.  On #18 tee the couple playing behind us got to the tee before I teed off, so we asked if they wanted to play in with us.  They did but they remained at quite a distance and told us that she had just returned from SPAIN!!!  🙄😷

30 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Just one example...  Nice drive down the middle on a par 5, further than my normal drive on this hole.  My crappy 3-wood came through this time; another shot down the middle.  Most of the time I'm hitting hybrid for my 3rd shot; today I hit 8i... over the back of the green!!  Took 4 more shots to get in the hole... double!!  

Sounds like what I did yesterday .... even par going into 8, a par 5.  Rip a drive, followed up with a great 3W, leaving myself a 63 yard shot to the pin (normally have 100-150 yards in).  Proceed to blade a LW over the green onto the grassy knoll, leaving myself an awkward shot down hill to a slick green sloping away from me....flop short, chip again, rolls away to edge of green and 2 putt for a double bogey.  

Good of them to keep at a distance, respectful of you and your wife!

Quick 'avoid the rain' 9 at Hawaii Kai Championship Course. Apparently all public Oahu courses are closing Friday until the end of the month so it was packed and I paid $30 for 9 holes 🙄

42 (41 ESC)

FIR 1/7 (14%)

GIR 3/9 (33%)

14 putts with four 1 putts, SG putting -0.210.

I hadn't played this course in quite awhile and I hit too much club on #3 and ended up in the water. It's a par 5 so no big deal...until I topped my next shot in the water 🤣. I got out of there with a quad and played well the rest of the way. After two days of rain, it felt great to get out on the course!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

12 hours ago, CarlH said:

Sounds like what I did yesterday .... even par going into 8, a par 5.  Rip a drive, followed up with a great 3W, leaving myself a 63 yard shot to the pin (normally have 100-150 yards in).  Proceed to blade a LW over the green onto the grassy knoll, leaving myself an awkward shot down hill to a slick green sloping away from me....flop short, chip again, rolls away to edge of green and 2 putt for a double bogey.  

Good of them to keep at a distance, respectful of you and your wife!

That last part was exactly what I did, except I was waaaaay below the level of the green that I couldn't see the back pin... any of it!!