Hey guys it's nice to put a face to names

I recognize Golfspy Rob

But the others I am gong to guess

Theoo is in the cowboy hat

Max entropy in the grey

And mattF at the back

Am I out to lunch?

Sent from my iPod touch using MyGolfSpy

Close. You have MattF and Mr.Theoo reversed.

Obviously you need to get around the forums s bit more and you'd know about Aussie Matt and his hat

Just busting your chops.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Close. You have MattF and Mr.Theoo reversed.

Obviously you need to get around the forums s bit more and you'd know about Aussie Matt and his hat

Just busting your chops.

Speaking of his hat, I happened to notice this as I was getting in my car this morning....

IMG_20180918_0643581.jpg

Don't ask how I didn't notice it all day yesterday.

• Like 3

Son of a *****! I'll have to get it from you the weekend after this coming one...I need it for the family golf tournament on the 30th.

• Like 3

Played a quick 9 yesterday at the local muni. Really enjoyed the pace of the round and the company as I was paired up with 2 recent college graduates who played baseball for their school. My goodness being young and fit really helps someone hit the ball a mile. They were flat out smoking the ball. And they could control their shots too. It was fun to witness. (Also, another kick in the pants to give a crap about my fitness)

I shot a 41 and am really proud that I for once did not change my game for the “audience.”

• Like 7

Played 3 rounds last week on a trip and a range session the day before. Range session was ok, first two rounds had a few bad swings but played decent. The 3rd round was like I never swung a club before

• Like 1

Played 3 rounds last week on a trip and a range session the day before. Range session was ok, first two rounds had a few bad swings but played decent. The 3rd round was like I never swung a club before

Are the I210's not working out well?

Are the I210's not working out well?

I didn't take them with me as the arrived the day before the trip. With the bad swings I made there isn't a club that would have helped save the bad shots. Most of my issues were with driver and hybrid though and only a handful of bad shots with irons. I was fighting my typical get the club to far inside and then steep in transition and fighting to save it

• Like 2

I didn't take them with me as the arrived the day before the trip. With the bad swings I made there isn't a club that would have helped save the bad shots. Most of my issues were with driver and hybrid though and only a handful of bad shots with irons. I was fighting my typical get the club to far inside and then steep in transition and fighting to save it

👍Thanks.
  • Like 1

Played an unimpressive 9 holes early this morning on a course still wet but in good shape.

After the 9 went to local Golf Shop. Had a chance to try a few LH 7 irons they had for fitting.

The G700, I500 were pretty but no improvement over my G400. What did get me thinking were the 790 & Rogue irons.

Sorry OG I just couldn't get over the Cleveland HB hybrid looks. I didn't hit them well.

No Srixon irons in stock. They have 2 stores (Ocala) and share some heads.

My 7 iron swing speed same as my age, 72.

• Like 5

Played lousy today....shot 43/44:87........8/14 Fairways, long drive was 214 yds., 9/18 GIR, 4 3-putts.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Played lousy today....shot 43/44:87........8/14 Fairways, long drive was 214 yds., 9/18 GIR, 4 3-putts.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Course still wet?

Went out to Royal Hawaiian Golf Course here on Oahu. Weather was iffy on that side of the island and the course was very empty so I decided I'd try my hand at speed golf (with a cart). You cannot walk the course but you can run all over the fairways. I finished 27 holes in less than three hours. Two hours and 23 minutes to be exact. I felt like a hobo with a ham sandwich........I was in heaven. Final score 79.

When I returned my cart I was both drenched in sweat and covered in mud. I received quit a few strange looks which made it all the more better ;)

• Like 9

I played Idle Hour country club in Lexington, Kentucky. The place opened in 1924 and was designed by Donald Ross. I shot 82, hitting 71% of fairways, 50% of greens. Really great course! Tough four holes to finish. I hit my first two shanks in many years. One of them on 18!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 7

I played Idle Hour country club in Lexington, Kentucky. The place opened in 1924 and was designed by Donald Ross. I shot 82, hitting 71% of fairways, 50% of greens. Really great course! Tough four holes to finish. I hit my first two shanks in many years. One of them on 18!

Do you live around Lexington or just passing through?

1 shot off of tying my best ever round today. Shot a 52/46 to finish at 98. So many shots I wish I could have back. Ive got to start warming up on the range. I never seem to play the front as well as the back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

What am I thinking. I forgot to tell you guys about the greatest / worst round ever last week.

We traveled to Savannah for a family event and I ended up playing golf with a relative about my age. He waited to book a tee time so we ended up going across the bridge to...you guessed it...south Carolina. The day old Florence came in. It was south enough that we didn't get rained on but the wind was up. Had to be 30-40 mph the entire time. Somehow I managed a 101 with 87% fairways hit. It was...very interesting to say the least.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6

Good day today with a -1 day

Only 31 putts

4 birds

3 bogies

Birdied all 3 of the par 5's, and putted at eagle on two of them. Two of them can be reached in two with good solid shots, but today was the first time I ever reached the other one in two.

Obviously, I missed both eagle putts.

Had some nice chips to save par too.

Just what I practiced yesterday...

• Like 6

Do you live around Lexington or just passing through?

Passing through. Came in early to see a HS buddy who is the golf pro at Gibson Bay in Richmond. Working at UofL Saturday.

• Like 1

Went out to Royal Hawaiian Golf Course here on Oahu. Weather was iffy on that side of the island and the course was very empty so I decided I'd try my hand at speed golf (with a cart). You cannot walk the course but you can run all over the fairways. I finished 27 holes in less than three hours. Two hours and 23 minutes to be exact. I felt like a hobo with a ham sandwich........I was in heaven. Final score 79.

When I returned my cart I was both drenched in sweat and covered in mud. I received quit a few strange looks which made it all the more better ;)

Dang a 79 on 27 holes I would be happy with a 79 on 18 holes dang

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app