TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Foz please go see a doc in person. I very much enjoy playing with you and would like to do so again not just when Mr. Theo is here but beyond that. We still have to arrange a World Woods outing.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Foz please go see a doc in person. I very much enjoy playing with you and would like to do so again not just when Mr. Theo is here but beyond that. We still have to arrange a World Woods outing.

I am waiting for the VA to schedule an appt with an ENT....Meanwhile, I continue with the half somersault excercise to realign the crystals in my ear canals. As for a meet up with Theo, I can go any day except Mon & Tues as I have to take my grandson to football practice @ 5:30. Other than that I can go anyday.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My brother got the vertigo from the crystal thing in his ear and he was bed-ridden for days. But he said as soon as he went to the doctor, it was easily treatable. Can't remember the treatment though. I'll ask him.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I am waiting for the VA to schedule an appt with an ENT....Meanwhile, I continue with the half somersault excercise to realign the crystals in my ear canals. As for a meet up with Theo, I can go any day except Mon & Tues as I have to take my grandson to football practice @ 5:30. Other than that I can go anyday.

Just got the call from the VA....my appt is 12 days out.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

How about some Pics?

Didn't take any of the Green. Coworker yes.... but that's it, but 

I played in a 9 hole skins game the last round at a pretty small course, but one that had nicer greens. Returning to the course sometime during the week so will update.

got a sunday men's league tournament with my coworker on Sunday.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I shot a 47/48, 95 today at Pebble Creek

Horrible round. I just could not get my mind in the game.

Just played a 9 hole executive course with my wife. She hasn't played in years, so it was really great to see her out there again. She got blisters and quit playing after 6, but she dropped a ball next to mine on those last holes and putted out.

I started with a birdie and parred the rest. Overall a really good day.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Played on Saturday and salvaged what I thought was going to be a throw away round. Couple of 3 putts and a 4 putt on the front 9 really did my head in, and it wasnt until I had a look at my whole score at the end of the round that I realised I only shot 6 over the card. Not bad for 37 putts for the round :S

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Played reasonably well on the front 9 at Raintree in Green, Ohio. Shot a 45. Was excited to continue the back nine and came off like a deflated balloon...that's golf I guess.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Was able to get under 90 at Pebble Creek in Tampa yesterday. I was having trouble with my chipping all day long....I shot a 44/45, 89. 

I played great this weekend, solid start of 1 over through 4, stayed patient all day... In the UK at the moment we are having a heat wave and fairways are rock hard and rough is waist high so its TOUGH out there. I lipped out for eagle on the 9th and then just did made for the rest of the day.

I have come away knowing I hit the ball well but that was not enough this weekend.

I played great this weekend, solid start of 1 over through 4, stayed patient all day... In the UK at the moment we are having a heat wave and fairways are rock hard and rough is waist high so its TOUGH out there. I lipped out for eagle on the 9th and then just did made for the rest of the day.

I have come away knowing I hit the ball well but that was not enough this weekend.

Welcome Alex hope to hear lots from you in the future!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played in a local skins game Sunday. Basically it's closest to the green competition and then a best score net/gross on any given hole among the group. Ties don't win skins. I didn't birdie anything but had a few good pars one which may have one me a skin. The more interesting thing is what happened before/during the first two holes. I've recently moved to the desert southwest to start a career, and I went through my first duststorm/thunderstorm combo which was wicked. The area we were in got up to 50 mph winds, at least according to the local meteorologist who I was playing with. Of course 2/3 holes were directly into the wind during the outburst. I hit driver 200 yards on the first hole into the wind by playing a running hook that moved with the wind 20 yards despite getting 15 feet off the ground. It was insane weather for an hour, but ended up turning up nice. I didn't keep score, but probably shot around 85-90. 

I have a picture on my cellphone I'll dump here next time of the course.

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

Played in a local skins game Sunday. Basically it's closest to the green competition and then a best score net/gross on any given hole among the group. Ties don't win skins. I didn't birdie anything but had a few good pars one which may have one me a skin. The more interesting thing is what happened before/during the first two holes. I've recently moved to the desert southwest to start a career, and I went through my first duststorm/thunderstorm combo which was wicked. The area we were in got up to 50 mph winds, at least according to the local meteorologist who I was playing with. Of course 2/3 holes were directly into the wind during the outburst. I hit driver 200 yards on the first hole into the wind by playing a running hook that moved with the wind 20 yards despite getting 15 feet off the ground. It was insane weather for an hour, but ended up turning up nice. I didn't keep score, but probably shot around 85-90. 

A friend of mine sent me a picture of that storm. Crazy stuff. I've been out there for a few of them. Used to have family in Scottsdale.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

75, 72, 73 this weekend. All solid rounds but still no 69. The goal has not yet been met for the season of shooting my first 60's score. It would seem that anytime I get 3 or 4 birdies in a round I have just as many bogies and anytime I only have one or two bogies I don't get more than 1 or 2 birdies.

If it were easy I would probably have given up on the game!

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

75, 72, 73 this weekend. All solid rounds but still no 69. The goal has not yet been met for the season of shooting my first 60's score. It would seem that anytime I get 3 or 4 birdies in a round I have just as many bogies and anytime I only have one or two bogies I don't get more than 1 or 2 birdies.

If it were easy I would probably have given up on the game!

Very good golf, I just can't seem to get on a roll. I shot another blah 81. I need to change that handicap in my signature. I hit the ball fine and missed putts again, bundles of them.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Played absolutely lousy today.......47/44,91 @ Babe Zaharias

I was booming my drives right down the middle, but could not get a GIR, except for Par 3's. Distance was right, just off on direction. 10-20 yard chips were either chunked or equatored.

All my putts were just a hair off, so I turned Birdie pops into Bogeys & Double Bogeys.

There is always next Saturday.....

Well!

I played well, 4 birdies, 74 on a tough enough track that it hosted a tour event in the 80's, 90's and is Brittany Linsicome's home course.

I'm happy with how I played for the first time in a long long time.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Played Thursday (work has been brutal as of late so been lurking more than posting.) Played in a two man blind scramble with best score net. Shot a 42 over 4 holes. Bombed half my drives, flubbed the other half. On the good drives, I didn't get a great iron shot to the green, on the bad ones I'd put it just inside twenty feet. Did not make a single one or three putt. Had to have had a good half dozen 5-6 footers that I made on the second putt. Just one of those rounds I guess where nothing seems to work well in unison.

74 today, but I used up some good bounces. Two balls that should have been OB off the tee found there way back onto the course. I am making it a point to remember this day so the next time I don't think I get any good luck I can correct myself.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Not real good. Had moments of madness and brilliance. But I had fun playing with Mr_Theoo.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Not real good. Had moments of madness and brilliance. But I had fun playing with Mr_Theoo.

It was very fun! And I even had a birdie on 18!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Not a bad weekend.  Got out with my dad for 9 holes on Friday evening. Wasn't really playing to win, just to get some good swings in. Managed to punch one drive so long that water that has NEVER been in play, was not only in play but that ball was soaking wet, about 12 feet in. 

Saturday morning game was 1 under the handicap, but also contained 2 complete WTF holes, back to back.  On the first, the tee box was up, on a 500 yard long, uphill, dogleg right. The tee box set up a 190 forced carry ( 220 back edge if you went that landing.  Further to the right the carry is 210, 220 to get over the sand traps protecting that line.  Any further right and you are in the trees/houses.  It isn't practical to go over the trees as they are too close to get the ball up fast enough with enough carry to get the needed 230.The back edge on that 220 side is about 265.  I figure, I'm bombing the driver, so let's go conservative.  Out comes the 3w.  Planning to back it off and hit a little fade.  Swing, make great contact, about a 60% effort, but it takes off like a shot. On line between the trap and the landing zone. It'll be good if the distance is right, which it is not.  It is long.  VERY long.  Through the back and OB.  Retry with a 4i, to get safely in play.  3w Up the hill, land it short of the green and short chip, then 3 but my way to failure.  The next whole was equally frustrating, before getting back to normal.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Always love to hear from Dru! I didn't play today but had a lesson. It was essentially two swings a lots of laughter. I finally got the long game lesson. Hit a hybrid, my teacher laughed, put a peg in the ground 18 inches behind d ball three inches inside it, said, "miss it pastor" I did and we both laughed as the ball flew high and straight toward the 200 sign.

I hit five wood and three wood a few swings each all high and long (for me) with a tad of draw and he said see me in a month with nothing on the card above 75 and I'll collect my fee. No charge for the few swings. I think I'm back!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I've started playing in a men's league net/gross skins game with greenies. Basically, it's 15 to play and 10 to play in the skins game. Tee times at 6 AM, which is fun to drive at dark and see the sunrise over the mountains. Shot some horrid holes and couldn't make a putt to save my life. on several holes walked away with three putts. My drives were in general really good, just couldn't hit a good iron or a good putt. On 17 a 275 yard par 4 hit driver to 15 yards, chipped to a buckling 4 footer and hit the birdie. When I left, was the only one who did that, and praying for a lack of skins, because that would bump up my skin's price. Overall was ok with the round, just if putting was on should have been a low 80's instead of upper 80's.

It was very fun! And I even had a birdie on 18!

And a good birdie it was too!

In the bag:

Bag: 

Did not play well this past weekend....I shot a 95 & 94 at Pebble Creek GC.  I just could not get into the game....my swing seemed all over the place. That's two weeks in a row that I have played lousy.

Did not play well this past weekend....I shot a 95 & 94 at Pebble Creek GC.  I just could not get into the game....my swing seemed all over the place. That's two weeks in a row that I have played lousy.

And that's golf, isn't it. Keep swinging, it will change.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I have been in california for a while with my family for a vacation to see other family. I played sandpiper golf club yesterday with my dad and it was awesome. The course is in Santa Barbara CA, and half of the holes run across the water on a cliff. There are some great views there. I hit the ball very well, but I shot a 6 over 78 because I made a couple of stupid doubles because of the wind, and some very bad putting. About the wind, it is impossible. Back in DC, we have a lot of wind, but it only seems to affect the distance, and it never really affects you side to side because of the trees. Here, I hit some great great shots only to find them go 40 yards left of where I intended them to. I had a 70 yard pitch shot that started left of the flag, and almost missed the green right. All of the holes running south were impossible for my natural draw on the approach shots. I have been trying to hit more fades lately (I was inspired by Tiger's amazing iron performance on thursday at the Bridgestone to hit these hold off fades) and even when I did that, the ball still ended up 30 feet left of the flag. It was a lot of fun with some great views, and anyone in that area should go check out this course.

My grandpa has a friend who is a member at Riviera, and I am off to play there tomorrow, it should be fun.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter