MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

1 hour ago, Reesedw said:

Played what might be my last round of the season..I haven't plated in about a month to start with. But I felt good. Sadly it was sad.. went out with a 52.. a holy what the F 52.. worst front 9 in months.. heck worst 9 in months. Make the turn a bogey 10.. great it continues. Make a par here make a par there when all said and done shoot a 39 on the back. Omg I hate this game.. lol ended up with a 91 after a month lay off..

I'm ok with the finish. To all you who's season is still in full swing.. have a great winter..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sorry to hear that you are finished for the season.  It's been wonderful here on the east side of the Cascades, although a little breezy the last couple of days.  It was sunny and 71º on Friday!! 

I haven't been playing very well lately.  Scores are 4-5 shots higher than what I shot early this year.  Yesterday, I shot 41 on the par 37 front nine and 43 on the par 35 back nine.  The back nine is also easier than the front.  WTH!  

This has been a year of changing my swing, and over the past 5 weeks I have been testing the SuperSpeed Golf training system. I know it has affected my swing tempo; I've been missing a lot more fairways than I am used to.  However, I have also not been spending much time in the short game practice area.  When I am not playing, I have focused on my full swing on the range.  I have got to get back to chipping and putting practice.

• Like 5

@Reesedw, I had nearly the same round as you today.  I’m a 16 index, and went out in 50.  Holes 9-17 I played at even par, two birdies, two bogeys.  Tripled 18 with 2 shots in the water to finish with a 90.  Holy Toledo!  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I haven't been playing very well lately.  Scores are 4-5 shots higher than what I shot early this year.

I hear ya brother. I haven't been playing very consistent as of late either. Too many peaks and valleys during my rounds. I kind of wonder if maybe I've just mentally lost some focus now that the fall has arrived and me and the other guys aren't so regular around the course. Honestly, I've felt a little lethargic. I'm leaving tomorrow for Birmingham to play for a few days with some buddies. I think the change of environment and the challenge will be good for my soul. We'll have some good matches and plenty fun. 

• Like 5

I played with my brother today. It's the first time I've played in 6 weeks. It was a miserable, wet, muddy mess on the course........ the conditions I hate the most. 

That said.... I had a blast! I shot like like s**t, but it was fun! I shot 92 and lost 7 balls in plain sight... in the fairway!  Fall golf is fun, but I can't afford it...lol.

• Like 6

On 10/27/2018 at 8:50 PM, GB13 said:

Woo-Hoo! I broke par for the first time ever today!!! I shot 36-34-70 (-2)!! The putter was on FIRE! I made at least 5 putts over 20 feet. It was nice to see a few putts go in because I had really been struggling with the putter lately. 

FIR 11/14 That might be the most fairways I have ever hit. I guess all good scoring starts from hitting the fairway. 

GIR 13/18 Oddly the irons weren't very sharp today so I know I left some shots out there. 😄

Putts 15-13-28 

Congrats!!! 👍

• Like 1

Got out for a short 9 on an uncommonly sunny, mild and calm early November afternoon.

The Good:

• hit 3 fairways (just missed 2 others)
  • hit both Par 3 greens plus 1 other GIR
  • wedges from like 30 - 70 yds were all pretty good
  • had 2 bunker shots that i got out
    • (tho one was way short and the other a bit long)
  • had 3 x 1-putts
  • got 2 lucky bounces that gave me 2 of those 3 greens hit!

The Not-So-Good:

• 2 penalties from Tee shots hooked left OB
    • the re-tee'ed shots were both good
  • 2 Triple Bogey 7s
  • 3 x 3-putts
    • one of those was the classic turn 1 putt into 3...
  • no decent second shots ...

So I've definitely made some improvements in my game (tho, sadly, not my overall score..!) and have some good stuff to continue to work on over the Winter.

• Like 6

Played our 9 hole par 31 course on Sunday with my brother in law and my buddy... shot a 49 to win the round haha. Still have the yips with the irons but the driver treated me better than usual. Hoping for another couple rounds before the really cold weather hits

• Like 3

Played the new combo tees at my home course yesterday (Ancil Hoffman). Only knocked about 300 yards off the total (6500->6225), but man was it more fun to play. Having the Par 4 12th go from 421 to 371 made a huge difference. I think I've shot par on that hole twice, and never with two putts to do so.

I did feel like I was cheating a bit as I moved up to the white tees when the card said to do so, but I got over that. It was crazy how much more fun the round was. Didn't shoot any lower either. Actually scored two shots lower from the longer tees a few weeks back. I think that the stress of always needing long approach shots just gets tiring.

Viva Combo Tees!

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy Dave said:

Played the new combo tees at my home course yesterday (Ancil Hoffman). Only knocked about 300 yards off the total (6500->6225), but man was it more fun to play. Having the Par 4 12th go from 421 to 371 made a huge difference. I think I've shot par on that hole twice, and never with two putts to do so.

I did feel like I was cheating a bit as I moved up to the white tees when the card said to do so, but I got over that. It was crazy how much more fun the round was. Didn't shoot any lower either. Actually scored two shots lower from the longer tees a few weeks back. I think that the stress of always needing long approach shots just gets tiring.

Viva Combo Tees!

Nice!  50 yards on a par 4 is a huge difference for me.

Sounds like fun...wish more courses would do that.  I've played both blue/white/black this year and never thought about moving up to the white and back to the blue on various holes.  Seems like once you commit you're there and if you move you're somehow cheating.  I like this!

3 minutes ago, strokerAce said:

Nice!  50 yards on a par 4 is a huge difference for me.

Sounds like fun...wish more courses would do that.  I've played both blue/white/black this year and never thought about moving up to the white and back to the blue on various holes.  Seems like once you commit you're there and if you move you're somehow cheating.  I like this!

I figured if it's on the card then it must be cool. When I logged the round for NCGA, the app had the combo tees listed for HCP so all's good.

Also played a "cheap" ball. The Callaway Superhot matte orange. Bought one at check in on a whim, and bought a box at the turn. Really fun ball to play, and definitely longer for me. No problem finding it in the leaves either. Now the one that I pulled with ferocity OB with the 3W, that one was not going to be found without a machete.

superhotorange.jpg

• Like 5

On 10/27/2018 at 5:50 PM, GB13 said:

Woo-Hoo! I broke par for the first time ever today!!! I shot 36-34-70 (-2)!! The putter was on FIRE! I made at least 5 putts over 20 feet. It was nice to see a few putts go in because I had really been struggling with the putter lately. 

FIR 11/14 That might be the most fairways I have ever hit. I guess all good scoring starts from hitting the fairway. 

GIR 13/18 Oddly the irons weren't very sharp today so I know I left some shots out there. 😄

Putts 15-13-28 

Its a funny thing that when you go really low, you still leave some shots out there. Its because you're hitting so many great shots, that when you don't, you get a little miffed. But keep in mind that you might have hit a fantastic recovery shot, or drilled one of those putts you talked about. So it kinda washes out both ways. Regardless, dropping a -2 takes a complete game for the whole way, and also requires a bunch of fantastic shots.

Well done there young fellah!

• Like 6

Walked 18 at my course with the guys today.  An interesting day to say the least; hit some good drives, hit some just OK drives.  Second (and 3rd) shots were not so good.   Only shot 82 with 2 birdies.  Chipping and putting could have been a highlight reel.

I had 26 putts (11 one-putts; 6 two-putts, and 1 three-putt).  The 3-putt was on a 50-footer.  I also spent the day working on my sand game.  Because I had poor approach shots, I was in seven (7) bunkers; I got out of all of them and had 4 sand saves.  Decent bunker shots, but great putting.  I decided to putt aggressive today; something I haven't been doing very well lately.  It was nice seeing the ball race into the hole, but on several of them, it was a good thing the ball hit the hole.   I hit one putt so hard that it hit the back of the cup, popped up in the air and dropped in.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Got out for a short 9 on an uncommonly sunny, mild and calm early November afternoon.

The Good:

• hit 3 fairways (just missed 2 others)
  • hit both Par 3 greens plus 1 other GIR
  • wedges from like 30 - 70 yds were all pretty good
  • had 2 bunker shots that i got out
    • (tho one was way short and the other a bit long)
  • had 3 x 1-putts
  • got 2 lucky bounces that gave me 2 of those 3 greens hit!

The Not-So-Good:

• 2 penalties from Tee shots hooked left OB
    • the re-tee'ed shots were both good
  • 2 Triple Bogey 7s
  • 3 x 3-putts
    • one of those was the classic turn 1 putt into 3...
  • no decent second shots ...

So I've definitely made some improvements in my game (tho, sadly, not my overall score..!) and have some good stuff to continue to work on over the Winter.

Looking good!!  The lessons seem to be paying off.

The "Not-So-Good" penalty shots...  we call that re-upping our membership in the Dumbass Club.  When the re-teed shot is good, we all yell "Why didn't you do that the first time, Dumbass!!!   I'm a Charter Member of our Club.

• Like 2

The "Not-So-Good" penalty shots...  we call that re-upping our membership in the Dumbass Club.  When the re-teed shot is good, we all yell "Why didn't you do that the first time, Dumbass!!!   I'm a Charter Member of our Club.
Love it!
Another guy had told me: "Golf is easy .. just hit your second shot the first time!"
  • Like 4

Love it!
Another guy had told me: "Golf is easy .. just hit your second shot the first time!"

That’s what I’m doing wrong
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I am the freaking president of that club. 

I am probably a better than scratch iron player, chipper, and putter but I have 2 or 3 of the "Dumbass" shots off the tee.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

What’s murphy’s law for golfers? If you are nutting it on the range you will suck on the course. Shot 83 yesterday, but my irons cost me about 6 strokes with some really bad hooks and misses. I’m playing my 15 yr old irons while PING has my current irons and I know there is a lie adjustment to make with my swing. But man when you are ripping them pure on the range 10 minutes before teeing off, why can’t you carry that swing and results to the course. I mean, I was Johnny Miller at Oakmont in ‘73 on the range, and turned into Patrick Reed at the Ryder Cup (in France) on the course. Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Tuesday we played Rogers Park in Tampa, an historic black course that is a Muni. Shot 42/42:84 with a Closest to the Pin and Birdie on Par 3 #15. I had 6 One Putts today with my old Nike Method Core Drone.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

9 holes, 9 GIR, 9 pars. I feel like I’m living in Ferris Buehler’s Day Off.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6