MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

On 12/7/2018 at 12:56 PM, Rickp said:

That picture defines why we moved to FL 6.5 years ago.

War Dept had a thought about going to CT for a week this Christmas......NO, God created FaceTime just for this reason!!!

Actually, it was an Apple software engineer, Roberto Garcia.  But maybe God told him how to do it... like "Right!... What's a cubit?"  Or I suppose it could have come from ancient aliens.  

• Like 3

Actually, it was an Apple software engineer, Roberto Garcia.  But maybe God told him how to do it... like "Right!... What's a cubit?"  Or I suppose it could have come from ancient aliens.  

I’m liken the Ancient Aliens angle

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

The scores were inconsequential, both rounds were played on the Saddlebrook Resort Palmer course (Wesley Chapel, FL) with most of the morning round played in a light rain. What was important was that we had fun. We enjoyed the battle in the elements. We were the only golfers on the course for about 3 hours.

Golfspy Barbajo you make golf fun even when it’s horribly played.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I’m liken the Ancient Aliens angleemoji106.png

This sounds a little conspiracy theory like... that said, Pfft, you believe in space?! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GB13 said:

This sounds a little conspiracy theory like... that said, Pfft, you believe in space?! 

Ancient Astronaut theorists say, YES!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Ancient Astronaut theorists say, YES!

Pfft, it's a black painted piece of wood encasing the planet. 

• Like 2

42/43:85 with a Birdie on 18to finish the round @ Pebble Creek GC in Tampa.

Once again, another marathon golf weekend with Golfspy_Barbajo!

• Like 5

42/43:85 with a Birdie on 18to finish the round @ Pebble Creek GC in Tampa.

Once again, another marathon golf weekend with Golfspy_Barbajo!

Fun playing with you again Foz! The weekend was a double-bogey fest for me, but on the fun scale it was a tap-in Eagle.

Good luck this week

• Like 3

Not to get too far afield but.. way waaay back in the early 90s smart people at Cornell developed "CU-SeeMe" which was web-based video chat.
  • Like 1

Beautiful sunny 55º day to play golf with the guys at the club today.  Nothing special; just one birdie on the 550y par 5 #5 hole (15 foot putt) and shot 39/38 = 77.  Just a fun day to be out walking in the green grass (and goose poop) in December!!

• Like 6

For those of you who play in colder climates this will be redundant but the wet chilly conditions have been a game changer for me. I played today at Myrtle Beach National and although we’ve had two days of no rain the previous five days of down pour have left the courses drenched. When you couple low temperatures with soaked turf what you get is shots whose distance includes carry only and limited flight. I have never hit so many three woods into greens in my life. My scorecard at the end of the round was not indicative of the extreme struggles to get there. The good news is forced to sweep rather than hit down on the ball I hit some pretty amazing iron shots. The bad news is the sad reality to come where distance, or lack there of, off the tee will definitely change my ability to stack together a bunch of pars. In my world a bogey may quickly become the new par as total distance with the driver diminishes. Really makes me wonder how the hell Benard Langer continues to compete at the majors.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

In my world a bogey may quickly become the new par as total distance with the driver diminishes. 

I feel ya!

In summer it can be 4 wood and wedge on some holes here. In our wet Autumn and winter a full blooded drive actually spins back 3 feet on landing, combine that with cold air and it becomes Driver 4 iron (or lower) to short par 4's. The par 5's are completely out of reach and a third shot can be 7 iron!

Going to play one last time on Saturday before Christmas, forecast is 38* and windy but I need a golf fix lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

The bad news is the sad reality to come where distance, or lack there of, off the tee will definitely change my ability to stack together a bunch of pars. In my world a bogey may quickly become the new par as total distance with the driver diminishes.

Welcome to my world of "old guy golf"... all year long!!  

I rely heavily on hybrids on long holes, which is why I work on my short game around the green so much.

• Like 7

Shot good, -1 today. Real crisp ball striking day, putters rolling well. Just missed a few putts that would have made the day a fantastic day, but still quite pleased with the day.

• Like 8

Had Doc appt and I’m shut down. MRI on shoulder showed 2 big problems and both need to be addressed by surgery.
So for a while I’m living thru you guys so please knock the otta the ball.
As a former governor/actor one said “I’ll be back”

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Off Topic 1

17 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Had Doc appt and I’m shut down. MRI on shoulder showed 2 big problems and both need to be addressed by surgery.
So for a while I’m living thru you guys so please knock the emoji90.png otta the ball. emoji106.png
As a former governor/actor one said “I’ll be back”emoji16.png

Sorry to hear about the shoulder; hope you get the problems fixed quickly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

So for a while I’m living thru you guys so please knock the emoji90.png otta the ball. emoji106.png

Well poo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

That sucks, Rick! I was going to suggest you get it done quickly during the off season, then remembered there is no off season for you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Ouch! Well speedy recovery afterwards! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Best wishes on a speedy recovery Rick.  Hope the surgery goes well and you don't drive Mrs. Rick crazy!!

• Like 1