MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

2 hours ago, sp0rtsfan86 said:

The one that really is dependent on wind is 11 on the back of Las Barrancas. If the wind is in the face, it's driver short iron times two. Wind at the back and you can go for the elevated green.

Yes, that is one of the coolest holes in the area.  Water right, dry, rocky wash area just 80 yards at the base of the ~60+ foot elevated, two tiered green.  I've never made or played with anyone who has made that green in two.  Most attempts hit part way up the false front and come rolling back down near the wash. It simply requires a 3w second shot with way more carry than most can manage. 

dj, what are the new sticks?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Put the F9 in play, with Mizuno forged irons. Traded the Srixon 585s back for the Mizuno. Really liked the 585s but they weren’t holding greens the way I was expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yes, that is one of the coolest holes in the area.  Water right, dry, rocky wash area just 80 yards at the base of the ~60+ foot elevated, two tiered green.  I've never made or played with anyone who has made that green in two.  Most attempts hit part way up the false front and come rolling back down near the wash. It simply requires a 3w second shot with way more carry than most can manage. 

I've seen it done a handful of times. Key is playing downwind in summer when the ball rolls forever. Plus I played with a few bombers. The men's league was my go to place on Sunday's at Mesa. Loved playing with those guys.

• Like 1

41/39

sprinkled on me for a few minutes. Got the better of my nemesis hole today. It’s like 388 uphill, slight dogleg right.

4CD2D705-D4BA-4183-AE93-3CA53DA3F9C0.jpeg.25bd8a016ac012fe8377c276405a53d2.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Same score, but differently arrived at... weird. Track was a soggy mess due to serious rains yesterday.

• Like 1

Ha! One better today for a 79! Take that!

the sun was actually out today,  and warm this morning. But then a super cold wind started blowing, so the back nine was a little chilly. But I got a crazy putt to drop on 18 for the birdie to get me to my 79

• Like 2

Greens were shaggy and my putting showed it .... 2 wedge shanks on #10 for a double and finished up with an 84 for the day.   Ho hum day but it was nice being out, albeit a bit on the cold side (still).

Greens were shaggy and my putting showed it .... 2 wedge shanks on #10 for a double and finished up with an 84 for the day.   Ho hum day but it was nice being out, albeit a bit on the cold side (still).

Glad to meet you Carl! Welcome to MGS! Feel free to call them Wedge “Alan’s” if you’d like.
  • Haha 2

Played a few days ago just 9 holes loving these irons though still can't putt though. I'm trying to walk 9 holes a few times a week rather than play 18 once a week.SmartSelect_20190309-153836.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, GeekingGolf said:

Played a few days ago just 9 holes loving these irons though still can't putt though. I'm trying to walk 9 holes a few times a week rather than play 18 once a week.SmartSelect_20190309-153836.jpeg

Good looking stats there my man! Good to see you back out here on the forums too!

• Like 1

How'd I play today?  I don't want to talk about it.  Move along, nothing here to see folks...........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tried the Rogue with Oban Isawa Red shaft......gonna take some range time to get my swing on keel wit( the 44” shaft. I shot 42/42:86 with one birdie and a Closest to the Pin......My drives were very low, thin’ my swing was coming up short so I was hitting on the lower part of the face. Note to self...move ball back in stance.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Thanks man I missed you guys yeah the holidays are super busy for me and getting a warship back together has been taxing on my golf game and my time in general. I'm back

Good looking stats there my man! Good to see you back out here on the forums too!

• Like 4

102 today while out of town. Irons were money but I lost alot of strokes to 3 putts and poor tee shots. Still haven't quite got my driver dialed back in this season...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

40/43 at Mesa Del Sol yesterday.  Front should have been a 39, missed a 1+ foot putt on #9 for bogey.  Back should have been a no worse than 40, hung a 9 on #15 par 5 🤬.  For the love of Pete I just can't get around a track without a blow up hole.

Edited by fixyurdivot
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

For the love of Pete I just can't get around a track without a blow up hole.

Oh, don't I know this one!  

• Like 2

First time on the course in about 4 weeks.  Rained last night, but temps were supposed to be near 70 and although it was cart patch only,  the course was very playable.  Hit the ball well off the tee and with my irons and my putting wasn't too bad.  Short game really took its toll and resulted in a few doubles and worse.  It is time for a couple of lessons on the short game;  taking a bogey on a par 5 when you are 10 yards off the green in 2 just isn't acceptable (2 chips to get to 15 feet)

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Had a horrific day today with a 92. But I wasn’t expecting much being as I haven’t played in over 2 months. Putter actually rolled nice which is surprising as it’s usually my worst club. My driver is what got me into several pickles. Now that the weather is breaking I should be able to get out a couple times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I seem to be stuck in a 78-82 slot at my club. The pissah is that it’s not always the same holes causing me grief. I’ll birdie on day the take a double the next day. I’m just not consistent 

• Like 2