MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Played with RevKev and 00sportsman on Friday, shooting an 84.

Good times all!
Image1552787274.969870.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

• Like 9

Nice to finally be able to post here again. Played #8 at Pinehurst this morning from the tips and it was a long slog. Lots of rain down here and we had wind today so it played every bit of 7,400 yards. Ended with 76 with +3 on the front and +1 on the back. Didn’t do anything great nor did I hit any terrible shots just played smart golf. Missed two fairways by about 6 yards combined and hit 14 greens. Highlight of the day was the starter telling me on the first hole I may be more comfortable moving up a set of tees after my opening tee shot. He drove up to see where my drive went and said he changed his mind and I was fine back there. Low point was my 12 year old dusting me by 40 yards on one tee shot...just one that I have heard about all day.

Was also the first round outdoors with the Flash SZ and have to say it may just be the best driver I have played in years. Not any longer than the Epic SZ but a heck of a lot friendlier and easy to work both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

Today's round was at Stonebridge. One course I just love but it doesn't love me back.....ever.
Carded a 94 but had plenty of positives to take away.
Can't wait for the summer greens to come in at all the area courses. And to feel firm ground under my feet instead of mushy turf!

• Like 5

Good times all!
Image1552787274.969870.thumb.jpg.42aff86cec445e329ad85fb26069c502.jpg

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Ummm.....if I play with you guys do I have to grow a beard

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Good times all!
Image1552787274.969870.jpg

Now there's a total bad-a** crew of some of my favorite Spies right there! good times fellas!

• Like 3

Good to see you in here - how are you doing?
@Ping Apologist we are going to do it again next Friday with MattF in the mix.

• Like 2

Naw, we’ll probably let ya slide by. Have had mine since college.

• Like 1

Naw, we’ll probably let ya slide by. Have had mine since college.

I had one for years, shaved it in the 80’s.

Shot a 41 on 9 holes today. Gorgeous day out for mid March. Tee boxes were pushed up on some holes beyond the red tees but still fun to get out.

• Like 4

Struggled on the front nine with a double and a triple, coming in with a 43.  Better on the back with a 39, but still had a blowup double in that side, too.  So, 82.

Knee continues to be an issue and looks like I'll be heading for replacement sooner than I had hoped for.  Interestingly, it doesn't bother me to swing the club, but walking is a bear.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Struggled on the front nine with a double and a triple, coming in with a 43.  Better on the back with a 39, but still had a blowup double in that side, too.  So, 82.
Knee continues to be an issue and looks like I'll be heading for replacement sooner than I had hoped for.  Interestingly, it doesn't bother me to swing the club, but walking is a bear.

I was scheduled for knee replacement this Spring but shoulder repair was needed 1st. I’m instead going for Supartz injections. Had them B4 and it works unfortunately only for 6 months to 1year. Ask your Orthopedic Surgeon about Supartz, it’s a good short term alternative.
I’m not in a rush to go under the knife for a while.

• Like 2

Played Pinehurst #2 this morning and in a word I played great. For not playing most of the winter and shaking off the rust the 79 I put up was the best that I could have shot. I played a hybrid of the blues and the tips with the way they had the tees setup so guessing somewhere around 7,300 yards. I will say the margin for error on this track is nonexistent. I hit a lot of really good shots that were a touch off and was just punished. On the bright side my hybrid chipping game is spot on right now. Can’t wait for #4 in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I was scheduled for knee replacement this Spring but shoulder repair was needed 1st. I’m instead going for Supartz injections. Had them B4 and it works unfortunately only for 6 months to 1year. Ask your Orthopedic Surgeon about Supartz, it’s a good short term alternative.
I’m not in a rush to go under the knife for a while.

I did the Sinvisc injections on my other knee with no decent results.  I don't think I'm going to bother going with them again with this knee.  Might just have to bite the bullet and get it done.

• Like 1

I did the Sinvisc injections on my other knee with no decent results.  I don't think I'm going to bother going with them again with this knee.  Might just have to bite the bullet and get it done.

K
Guess you know what’s next. Good luck and pick a good Surgeon.

• Like 1

We won our flight at the member/guest at the PGA Village. 21 flights in total. The playoff was 10 teams go to #1 and 11 teams go to #10. We went to 10. Format is alternate shot with 4 teams advancing to the next hole. Tie breaker is a chip off. It was quite a sight. In addition to the 11 teams there were maybe another 25 groups following in their carts.

We drew #7 to tee off. Some great drives and some ugly drives prior to my partner. He gets up and tops it 40 to 50 yards into the junk and after about 50 of us took the 3 minutes to find the ball it was declared lost. I had to tee it up again in front of the crowd. Thank goodness I got it in the fairway about 220 yards. Left him with about 140 and he hit it 120. I chipped on and left him about a 40 footer. We picked up but had a great time.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, revkev said:

Good to see you in here - how are you doing?
@Ping Apologist we are going to do it again next Friday with MattF in the mix.

Man, wish I could be there if only to watch. you fellas have a good time out there-All the best my friends!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

We won our flight at the member/guest at the PGA Village. 21 flights in total. The playoff was 10 teams go to #1 and 11 teams go to #10. We went to 10. Format is alternate shot with 4 teams advancing to the next hole. Tie breaker is a chip off. It was quite a sight. In addition to the 11 teams there were maybe another 25 groups following in their carts.

We drew #7 to tee off. Some great drives and some ugly drives prior to my partner. He gets up and tops it 40 to 50 yards into the junk and after about 50 of us took the 3 minutes to find the ball it was declared lost. I had to tee it up again in front of the crowd. Thank goodness I got it in the fairway about 220 yards. Left him with about 140 and he hit it 120. I chipped on and left him about a 40 footer. We picked up but had a great time.

Great work out there! Wow! Wadda finish!!!

5 minutes ago, yungkory said:

One of those days where I'm questioning why I even like this dumb sport, haha.

... Amen. I had 5 birdies today. But I offset those with 5 bogies. 3 were all on me with a couple of loose short irons and a topped 2 iron, but hit a sprinkler head bouncing over a green on one hole and on another hit an aggressive spinning pitch I hoped would hop and stop to a front pin at the bottom of a slope, but it hit right on the collar and shot forward up the slope. The whole day felt a little like kissing my sister. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Left home around 10:30-ish and hit the range, but not before checking in to play in as a single. After warming up, I got piled in with 3 awesome fellas (2 cops & and a lawyer of all things) and all 3 were just monsters off the tee. The older fella, 59 I heard, was just hammering them down there near 300 and I felt a little inadequate... The other two, way younger, were both also in or just past his range...damn. ME AND MY PAULTRY 230-240...Ah well...

Anyhow I managed to scratch out a 49/45 with 5 pars mixed in with a pile of junk that was may short game today. For some odd reason, I had more than my share of blade-shots that kept me from shining where I normally do. Damn...😡. Driver was "OK" and many of my irons had that "click" sound I get when I flush one with these irons of mine. Trouble was, even though I may have flushed one, it was off-line a bit, so I still have to work on that.

Fun day overall-just happy to be out there.

• Like 6