MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

The whole day felt a little like kissing my sister. 

Gawd...why did I read that..?!!!😟 Keep after it out there..!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... Amen. I had 5 birdies today. But I offset those with 5 bogies. 3 were all on me with a couple of loose short irons and a topped 2 iron, but hit a sprinkler head bouncing over a green on one hole and on another hit an aggressive spinning pitch I hoped would hop and stop to a front pin at the bottom of a slope, but it hit right on the collar and shot forward up the slope. The whole day felt a little like kissing my sister. 

Yeah I made a couple of bogeys from within 100 yards after some absolutely crushed drives but I'm done talking about it. Today never happened 🙂

• Like 2

Yeah I made a couple of bogeys from within 100 yards after some absolutely crushed drives but I'm done talking about it. Today never happened

Which driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Played with another Spy @Slap this weekend. The front 9 was a lot better than the back, but I should probably be posting this on "Blow Up Holes" and "3 & 4 Putt Holes". I had one 4-putt hole and four 3-putt holes, and shot 94 with a total of 39 putts. It was a lot of fun though and great to share stories with Slap and talk equipment and the forums. Can't wait to do it again, just need to purchase some good golf shoes for walking.

• Like 6

Played with another Spy [mention=75226]Slap[/mention] this weekend. The front 9 was a lot better than the back, but I should probably be posting this on "Blow Up Holes" and "3 & 4 Putt Holes". I had one 4-putt hole and four 3-putt holes, and shot 94 with a total of 39 putts. It was a lot of fun though and great to share stories with Slap and talk equipment and the forums. Can't wait to do it again, just need to purchase some good golf shoes for walking.

I had fun as well! My 99 was trash though. On the brighter side it took me 35 putts to finish and had 3 3-putt holes. Inserts or sketchers are the way to go, but I’m ok with riding on competition days. Next time I practice there I’ll join the club.
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, PMookie said:

Which driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TS2. Had one that measured 304 on the cart's GPS 😱

• Like 2

Played Pinehurst #4 today and shot a hard battled 74....with 4 birds. The early season looseness in my swing continues but I somehow seem to bounce back and keep it in control. Hoping this trend continues and I have a better season than last year. On a related note #4 was my favorite that we played in this trip. A bit tougher off the tee than #2 but the greens are a bit more friendly. Good approach shots are just hurt and not punished like on #2.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Had my first round of the year and first since October this afternoon after buying a new M5 driver.

Played at San Carlos Golf Course and shot a nice (for me) 86. Had a monster 289 yard drive but I suspect it was path assisted, but I also had a legit 284 yard drive right down the centre. Most of my drives were over 230 with the exception of 2, but I was running out of gas after the fitting this morning. All in all, I'm happy and looking forward to Fridays iron man golf with Rev, Foz and sportsman.

In case you want to see some bad golf, here's the link: https://dashboard.golfpadgps.com/round/RC4U48JU#1

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Wedgie said:

We won our flight at the member/guest at the PGA Village. 21 flights in total. The playoff was 10 teams go to #1 and 11 teams go to #10. We went to 10. Format is alternate shot with 4 teams advancing to the next hole. Tie breaker is a chip off. It was quite a sight. In addition to the 11 teams there were maybe another 25 groups following in their carts.

We drew #7 to tee off. Some great drives and some ugly drives prior to my partner. He gets up and tops it 40 to 50 yards into the junk and after about 50 of us took the 3 minutes to find the ball it was declared lost. I had to tee it up again in front of the crowd. Thank goodness I got it in the fairway about 220 yards. Left him with about 140 and he hit it 120. I chipped on and left him about a 40 footer. We picked up but had a great time.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Outstanding.  Congrats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Had my first round of the year and first since October this afternoon after buying a new M5 driver.

Played at San Carlos Golf Course and shot a nice (for me) 86. Had a monster 289 yard drive but I suspect it was path assisted, but I also had a legit 284 yard drive right down the centre. Most of my drives were over 230 with the exception of 2, but I was running out of gas after the fitting this morning. All in all, I'm happy and looking forward to Fridays iron man golf with Rev, Foz and sportsman.

In case you want to see some bad golf, here's the link: https://dashboard.golfpadgps.com/round/RC4U48JU#1

Hey, 289 is 289.  Doesn't matter what it hit getting there.  

You haven't seen bad golf.  Just wait until Friday!  It will completely change your definition of "bad golf."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 00sportsman said:

Hey, 289 is 289.  Doesn't matter what it hit getting there.  

You haven't seen bad golf.  Just wait until Friday!  It will completely change your definition of "bad golf."

He's played with me. He knows bad golf.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MattF said:

WOW!  Great round... if you could just putt.  🙄   5 three-putts??

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

WOW!  Great round... if you could just putt.  🙄   5 three-putts??

Yeah, I know. The greens were running between 9.5 and 10, so I was blowing putts past the holes coming and going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Yeah, I know. The greens were running between 9.5 and 10, so I was blowing putts past the holes coming and going.

I also assume there was the thing called "grain" that we never contend with up here? I know when I was in Myrtle Beach last year, it took us a long time to figure out what the grain might be doing to our putts and it still didn't make a lot of sense, at times.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

I also assume there was the thing called "grain" that we never contend with up here? I know when I was in Myrtle Beach last year, it took us a long time to figure out what the grain might be doing to our putts and it still didn't make a lot of sense, at times.

It usually takes me about a week to get used to the "grain", but by then I'm headed home.  🙄

• Like 5

It usually takes me about a week to get used to the "grain", but by then I'm headed home.  

That’s the way we like it, Kenny.

Oh and there’s grain in the rough, too. And the fairway.

• Like 3

Great how many fairways did you hit?

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

7 hours ago, revkev said:

That’s the way we like it, Kenny.

Oh and there’s grain in the rough, too. And the fairway.

Really??  I thought that was just tall stalks of crabgrass growing in peat moss; you know, turf with no bottom so every shot is a mishit.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2019 at 4:22 PM, fozcycle said:

Great how many fairways did you hit?

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Nowhere near enough, 43%.

• Like 1

For all of you who have forgotten the joys of being a rusty in need of practice high capper:

Finally got to play a post work 9 yesterday and proceeded to have the most Jekyll and Hyde 9 holes to ever exist. 

There was a high school golf match on the front, and another team practicing on the back, so I was sent off #14.  I'm racing to beat the sun and keep a good pace so the cart behind me that started on 13 doesn't catch up.  Shank my tee shot off of the toe.  Proceed to hit a miracle 7 iron onto the green and par the first hole.  Trouble off the tee on 15, waste a shot and shoot a double (6).  Par 3 16, pull a four iron right of the green, pitch releases, bogey.  My nemesis holes 17 and 18, par 4/5 are next.  Blow those up with an 8 and 9.    Up next the easiest hole on the course, par 3 #10--draw an 8 iron just off the green, up and down for par.   Par four #11, First good drive all day--Nice 277 yd fade that ends up just off fairway.  Chunky wedge, up and down for par.   #12 Pull hook with the 5 wood, puts me in some trouble, clean up with an 8 iron and a save with the ER2 for par.  Then the longest hole on the track Par 5 #13. Playing 540 verified by Shotscope.  A storm is starting to roll in. Hit the only my second good drive all day, beautiful fade into about a 20 mph headwind, a paltry 223.  Then the problems come back.  Fat the next two 3 woods, followed by a duck hook 7 iron 40 yards right of the green.  Lots of wedges, a couple of failed flop shots and a bunker later: finish the day with an 11.  

Lots of toe side of center ball striking and great lag putting.

TLDR:  53, with 4 pars and 16 putts. 4 holes double or worse.

Moral of the story:  I love this game and I am in dire need of practice.  Project #breakingbogey has begun! 

• Like 5