How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played with another Spy @Slap this weekend. The front 9 was a lot better than the back, but I should probably be posting this on "Blow Up Holes" and "3 & 4 Putt Holes". I had one 4-putt hole and four 3-putt holes, and shot 94 with a total of 39 putts. It was a lot of fun though and great to share stories with Slap and talk equipment and the forums. Can't wait to do it again, just need to purchase some good golf shoes for walking.

• Like 6
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Played with another Spy [mention=75226]Slap[/mention] this weekend. The front 9 was a lot better than the back, but I should probably be posting this on "Blow Up Holes" and "3 & 4 Putt Holes". I had one 4-putt hole and four 3-putt holes, and shot 94 with a total of 39 putts. It was a lot of fun though and great to share stories with Slap and talk equipment and the forums. Can't wait to do it again, just need to purchase some good golf shoes for walking.

I had fun as well! My 99 was trash though. On the brighter side it took me 35 putts to finish and had 3 3-putt holes. Inserts or sketchers are the way to go, but I’m ok with riding on competition days. Next time I practice there I’ll join the club.
  • Like 5

Krank Formula X LAGP Ozik Black Tie 70X 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

8 hours ago, PMookie said:

Which driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TS2. Had one that measured 304 on the cart's GPS 😱

• Like 2

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Tensei AV Raw Blue

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Played Pinehurst #4 today and shot a hard battled 74....with 4 birds. The early season looseness in my swing continues but I somehow seem to bounce back and keep it in control. Hoping this trend continues and I have a better season than last year. On a related note #4 was my favorite that we played in this trip. A bit tougher off the tee than #2 but the greens are a bit more friendly. Good approach shots are just hurt and not punished like on #2.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0317 22* Nippon GOST X

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:odyssey-small: Metal X 7 48"

Had my first round of the year and first since October this afternoon after buying a new M5 driver.

Played at San Carlos Golf Course and shot a nice (for me) 86. Had a monster 289 yard drive but I suspect it was path assisted, but I also had a legit 284 yard drive right down the centre. Most of my drives were over 230 with the exception of 2, but I was running out of gas after the fitting this morning. All in all, I'm happy and looking forward to Fridays iron man golf with Rev, Foz and sportsman.

In case you want to see some bad golf, here's the link: https://dashboard.golfpadgps.com/round/RC4U48JU#1

• Like 7

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

23 hours ago, Wedgie said:

We won our flight at the member/guest at the PGA Village. 21 flights in total. The playoff was 10 teams go to #1 and 11 teams go to #10. We went to 10. Format is alternate shot with 4 teams advancing to the next hole. Tie breaker is a chip off. It was quite a sight. In addition to the 11 teams there were maybe another 25 groups following in their carts.

We drew #7 to tee off. Some great drives and some ugly drives prior to my partner. He gets up and tops it 40 to 50 yards into the junk and after about 50 of us took the 3 minutes to find the ball it was declared lost. I had to tee it up again in front of the crowd. Thank goodness I got it in the fairway about 220 yards. Left him with about 140 and he hit it 120. I chipped on and left him about a 40 footer. We picked up but had a great time.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Outstanding.  Congrats.

• Like 1

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Had my first round of the year and first since October this afternoon after buying a new M5 driver.

Played at San Carlos Golf Course and shot a nice (for me) 86. Had a monster 289 yard drive but I suspect it was path assisted, but I also had a legit 284 yard drive right down the centre. Most of my drives were over 230 with the exception of 2, but I was running out of gas after the fitting this morning. All in all, I'm happy and looking forward to Fridays iron man golf with Rev, Foz and sportsman.

In case you want to see some bad golf, here's the link: https://dashboard.golfpadgps.com/round/RC4U48JU#1

Hey, 289 is 289.  Doesn't matter what it hit getting there.  

You haven't seen bad golf.  Just wait until Friday!  It will completely change your definition of "bad golf."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

2 minutes ago, 00sportsman said:

Hey, 289 is 289.  Doesn't matter what it hit getting there.  

You haven't seen bad golf.  Just wait until Friday!  It will completely change your definition of "bad golf."

He's played with me. He knows bad golf.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

1 hour ago, MattF said:

WOW!  Great round... if you could just putt.  🙄   5 three-putts??

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

WOW!  Great round... if you could just putt.  🙄   5 three-putts??

Yeah, I know. The greens were running between 9.5 and 10, so I was blowing putts past the holes coming and going.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Yeah, I know. The greens were running between 9.5 and 10, so I was blowing putts past the holes coming and going.

I also assume there was the thing called "grain" that we never contend with up here? I know when I was in Myrtle Beach last year, it took us a long time to figure out what the grain might be doing to our putts and it still didn't make a lot of sense, at times.

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

I also assume there was the thing called "grain" that we never contend with up here? I know when I was in Myrtle Beach last year, it took us a long time to figure out what the grain might be doing to our putts and it still didn't make a lot of sense, at times.

It usually takes me about a week to get used to the "grain", but by then I'm headed home.  🙄

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It usually takes me about a week to get used to the "grain", but by then I'm headed home.  [emoji849]

That’s the way we like it, Kenny.

Oh and there’s grain in the rough, too. And the fairway.

• Like 3

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Great how many fairways did you hit?

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

7 hours ago, revkev said:

That’s the way we like it, Kenny.

Oh and there’s grain in the rough, too. And the fairway.

Really??  I thought that was just tall stalks of crabgrass growing in peat moss; you know, turf with no bottom so every shot is a mishit.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2019 at 4:22 PM, fozcycle said:

Great how many fairways did you hit?

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Nowhere near enough, 43%.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Bag: 

For all of you who have forgotten the joys of being a rusty in need of practice high capper:

Finally got to play a post work 9 yesterday and proceeded to have the most Jekyll and Hyde 9 holes to ever exist. 

There was a high school golf match on the front, and another team practicing on the back, so I was sent off #14.  I'm racing to beat the sun and keep a good pace so the cart behind me that started on 13 doesn't catch up.  Shank my tee shot off of the toe.  Proceed to hit a miracle 7 iron onto the green and par the first hole.  Trouble off the tee on 15, waste a shot and shoot a double (6).  Par 3 16, pull a four iron right of the green, pitch releases, bogey.  My nemesis holes 17 and 18, par 4/5 are next.  Blow those up with an 8 and 9.    Up next the easiest hole on the course, par 3 #10--draw an 8 iron just off the green, up and down for par.   Par four #11, First good drive all day--Nice 277 yd fade that ends up just off fairway.  Chunky wedge, up and down for par.   #12 Pull hook with the 5 wood, puts me in some trouble, clean up with an 8 iron and a save with the ER2 for par.  Then the longest hole on the track Par 5 #13. Playing 540 verified by Shotscope.  A storm is starting to roll in. Hit the only my second good drive all day, beautiful fade into about a 20 mph headwind, a paltry 223.  Then the problems come back.  Fat the next two 3 woods, followed by a duck hook 7 iron 40 yards right of the green.  Lots of wedges, a couple of failed flop shots and a bunker later: finish the day with an 11.  

Lots of toe side of center ball striking and great lag putting.

TLDR:  53, with 4 pars and 16 putts. 4 holes double or worse.

Moral of the story:  I love this game and I am in dire need of practice.  Project #breakingbogey has begun! 

• Like 5

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

6 over 78 .... hit one over the pond on #7 but just wasn't far enough to keep from rolling back down the hill and into the drink.

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

10 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

anyone else experienced this kind of slump when you know you can play great one day then like a novice the next?

Seems like it happens all too frequently with my game.

• Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug