MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

6 over 78 .... hit one over the pond on #7 but just wasn't far enough to keep from rolling back down the hill and into the drink.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

anyone else experienced this kind of slump when you know you can play great one day then like a novice the next?

Seems like it happens all too frequently with my game.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, perseveringgolfer said:

anyone else experienced this kind of slump when you know you can play great one day then like a novice the next?

YES... like today!!

5ea088c5-7f72-4f11-ad63-8d25a0409af9.jpg.56d39ca7d627f83f46a831453316da10.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

after 2 great lessons 4 weeks ago, and never hitting a ball since then, expectations were high. Played badly, really badly, pulls, thins, fats, heels etc. It's as if I've gone backwards. quick chat with the pro afterwards and he said you need to practice what I showed you before another lesson- wise words.
Feel quite down about my game after today, will get some practice in this week as the forecast is dry.
This game just rips the guts out you one day then brilliant the next. 
Consistency and playing more is key.

Of course
That’s why we stay with it the game, we enjoy pain

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round.
IMG_0447.thumb.JPG.20418c772d92f8fe85f145fa9924694f.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Congratulations
We will have to teach you the secret handshake

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, tehuti said:

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round.
IMG_0447.JPG

Congratulations, that's awesome! 

• Like 2

Nice dunk!
  • Like 3

Insert meme of the most interesting man on earth: “I don’t always hook my drive out of bounds, but when I do, I hook the second one out, too, then duff my 5th, hit my 6th to the wrong side of the green, and then finish with a three putt.”

Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like you are following the Kardboard.kid school if golf.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Congratulations.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I actually got out today and played 9 holes. The score didn’t at all represent how well I struck the   Ball. I shot a 47 that could’ve easily been a 41. Putting was terrible. I really really felt I could’ve turned 5 bogeys into 5 pars. Bad judgments and being overly aggressive on the first putt

season looks promising 

• Like 8

Played 18 today, 3rd time since October. Hit the driver better than I have in a while. Didn’t have one 3 putt so happy about that. Iron game was hit and miss, but with Bermuda fairways this far north, you pretty much have dirt to hit off of.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, robertson153 said:

Played 18 today, 3rd time since October. Hit the driver better than I have in a while. Didn’t have one 3 putt so happy about that. Iron game was hit and miss, but with Bermuda fairways this far north, you pretty much have dirt to hit off of.

Yeah, my game is usually pretty hit or miss too, but the the words are actually positioned as "misshit". 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

36/41 at Mesa Del Sol today.  It was my best round of the winter season.  My only double came on 18 and it was my only 3 putt of the day. 

Mesa Del Sol.jpg

Edited by fixyurdivot
  • Like 7

Played 9 and used it to hit a LOT of shots, and test some balls. I had the two new Mizunos, ERC, Z Star XV, and the AVX. I’m still a HUGE fan of AVX after today, and the ERC ain’t too shabby, although I’m not the biggest fan of its feel off irons on full shots as it feels too soft, but it was pretty long off the driver, and pretty comparable off irons. The Mizunos were nice, but not significantly different. The AVX is the leader in the clubhouse for now.
Best shot was my final iron shot. 154 into the wind to the center of the green. I grabbed my HM Pro 9 iron and I thought it probably wouldn’t get to the green... Boy, I FLUSHED it! It felt SO good! Dead on line, landed pin high! Wooo! Unreal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 8

14 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Yes, that's what happened on Friday.

12 hours ago, tehuti said:

IMG_0447.JPG

Congratulations!

• Like 4