MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Shot even 100 at Osprey Point @ Kiawah, with rentals and hadn't swung a club in four months. Don't think I did to bad.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Played the first round of the year at my club this morning in the cold and wind. Solid 73 and a lot of solid shots. Feels good to be playing golf in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Played the first round of the year at my club this morning in the cold and wind. Solid 73 and a lot of solid shots. Feels good to be playing golf in March.

73 in March, not bad at all

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, tehuti said:

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round.
IMG_0447.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Congratulations.  That's awesome.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tehuti said:

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round.
IMG_0447.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

AWESOME!!!!!!!! that "all caps" were necessary, IMO!  I am so happy for ya

• Like 1

I believe i struck the ball well today.  I have had Slice problems with my driver, but no slices today.  I was straight as an arrow, very little roll, due to some wet turf, but that was fine with me.  2 blow up holes and 4 total mishits.  something for me to build on for next time out!  

• Like 3

oh yeah, and what is it about golf that AFTER you played 18, all you want to do is talk about it more?  I just can't stop chatting about golf, my wife and daughters are going crazy listening to me ramble!  that is all .......... (i think)

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, josmi15 said:

oh yeah, and what is it about golf that AFTER you played 18, all you want to do is talk about it more?  I just can't stop chatting about golf, my wife and daughters are going crazy listening to me ramble!  that is all .......... (i think)

haha, that's my world as well. If you ramble on to other golfers their eyes glaze over so family is best, even though they usually just say "that's nice dear, I'm pleased for you" or "it will be better next time" 😂

• Like 3

haha, that's my world as well. If you ramble on to other golfers their eyes glaze over so family is best, even though they usually just say "that's nice dear, I'm pleased for you" or "it will be better next time" 

I know right?!?! I mean I listen to their dance stories and my wife sometimes has interesting stories, but this is GOLF we’re talking about.

• Like 3

Shot a 10-over 45 on the red course at Saskatoon Golf Club outside of Grand Rapids for my first real round of the year. Never played there before, though my brother-in-law holds this course in high esteem. We had absolutely beautiful weather today, wish I could have played more.

Hit one fairway all day, and only two greens. Going over my GAME Golf stats, I can count seven strokes I could have cut. Hopefully with a little practice I will get rid of those strokes.

Really only hit two bad shots today. Snap-hooked a five iron on hole three that thankfully stayed only a little left of the green. On the only par 5, I chunked my second shot with my 4-iron and only advanced it 35 yards or so.

On an interesting note, leaving the pin in cost me one stroke today. I didn't notice the pin was leaning slightly on a three footer on No. 7. Hit a nice putt that would have dropped in the right side. Instead, it brushed the pin and lipped out two inches past the hole. 

• Like 6

73 in March, not bad at all

Thanks. Nothing great, not too much bad and a lot of good smart shots.

• Like 2

Off to a great start at 1 over par through #7

then the wheels fell off and rolled aimlessly down the fairway into the water and never came back.

Doubles, triple, OB, chunk, shank, putter goes south....sigh .... could only muster 2 pars on the back nine.  Not a pretty day.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

First 18 of the season today, but it's not golf yet. Too many lost balls to plugging. I had one bird, a chip in, and nothing worse than bogey. That's a solid start for a 5 month layoff

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 9

Played Arcadia Municipal today.  One of the better courses for me to play.  Something like 5800 yards and WIDE open.  @fozcycle and @MattF will probably have a hard time believing it after Friday's debacle, but pulled off a 91, with FIVE 3 putts and only 1 penalty (We won't talk about the quad on a 160 yard par 3.)

Pulled off two birdies on par 5's.  I hadn't had a birdie in who knows how long.  Smoked a drive on 13 (only about 475 par 5, probably playing 460), left about 190.  Rolled a 5 iron onto the green and left about 10 feet.  Missed the eagle putt by about 3 inches.

Pushed my drive a little left on 15 (490 par 5), hit a solid 3h just short and right of the green.  Went a little long on the chip and ran it across the green one onto the fringe, then rolled it in through a foot of fringe about 6 feet down a little slope for 4.

Played my Ping i20's with stiff CFS shafts today, and I think they may stay in the bag for awhile.  Did a lot more chipping around the green with my 9 iron, and that really helped as well.

• Like 7

I was able to sneak away for 9 holes on Saturday.  I had to find a babysitter while my wife was working and they only had a couple hours so hence I only played 9.

One of the best days we've had so far, about 55* sunny and little to no wind.  I struck the ball pretty well, but could not putt to save my life.  With the greens being longer and not rolling that smooth, I had a lot of difficulty getting the speed right.  The only tees available were the white, so it only played 3200 yards.  I was able to hit both par 5's in two, but only came away with one birdie.  As you can see below I hit the ball well and hit a lot of greens, but putted atrociously.  I'm trying not to get down because much of that was because I did not hit any practice putts and the green speed was different from hole to hole with plenty of bumps along the way.

Stats

Round score - 37

Fairways - 3/7 (2 additional just off fairway and no tee shot hurt me)

Greens - 8/9

Putts - 20!!!! (Two 3 putts and the rest 2 putts)

• Like 6

Shot 37 on the front Saturday, then turned a 44 on the back with three tee balls OB...smh.  Took my oldest daughter out for 9 yesterday and shot a 40, putts wouldn't fall.

• Like 4

Been a while since posting into this but here we go:

Have struggled getting consistency out of the driver. I went to the range yesterday to fix it. Realized I was standing too close and swinging around my body instead of through the ball. Seemed to help yesterday.

I was shooting 96, 94, 104, 105 over the last 4 rounds. Very frustrating but can’t shoot best rounds all the time!

• Like 2

On 3/23/2019 at 9:38 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

after 2 great lessons 4 weeks ago, and never hitting a ball since then, expectations were high. Played badly, really badly, pulls, thins, fats, heels etc. It's as if I've gone backwards. quick chat with the pro afterwards and he said you need to practice what I showed you before another lesson- wise words.

Feel quite down about my game after today, will get some practice in this week as the forecast is dry.

This game just rips the guts out you one day then brilliant the next. 

Consistency and playing more is key.

anyone else experienced this kind of slump when you know you can play great one day then like a novice the next?

didnt play today- just had to go to the clubs range to work this sh*t out🙄

I watched a Molinari session on SKY this morning where he talked about the chest movement is key- for him. I incorporated that into what my pro has told me to do (right hip needs to rotate on downswing first) and the results were quite exceptional....for me. Crisp irons with a slight draw, sweetspot driver with a slightly bigger draw. couple of mis-hits but that's expected when trying to fix something.

I'm a firm believer in a swing thought that works for you and my pro's thought of rotating the right hip outwards doesnt work for me, moving the left knee away from the right knee to start the downswing did though, and I'd like to think that had the same effect as right hip rotation but easier for my head to get around it.

anyway, all is well with the 'golfing' world again....

until next time 😂

• Like 2

Finally got my scramble group out for the first time this season despite the rainy, soggy conditions to start. Turned out nice enough after the first 9 to ditch the jackets after it stopped.

So we played a team best-ball, match-play where each of us duffs was paired with our better player at random for 6-holes each and the individual winner would be the one with the most points. This included "bonus" skins for long drive on par 5's and closest to the pin (must be on the green to count). Our better player hit from the tips, myself and his dad hit from the whites and my Niece played from the lady's tees. This format, out of all the ones we've tinkered with seems to be the most fair for all of us.

No surprise that our better player won, but was on his tail and only lost the match by 1. Had one of those stupid days where I was comfortable on the practice range & green and couldn't get out of my own way during play... I did sink the only bird of the day though. A 25-footer that was super sweet to see go in

• Like 3

On an interesting note, leaving the pin in cost me one stroke today. I didn't notice the pin was leaning slightly on a three footer on No. 7. Hit a nice putt that would have dropped in the right side. Instead, it brushed the pin and lipped out two inches past the hole. 

Same thing happened to me on Saturday.....the pin was leaning slightly forward and I had a 2 footer uphill for par. I hit the pin and it bounced back and stopped within 1” of the hole. Had it gone in, I would have shot a 79.....Bummer!

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

• Like 3
  • Sad 1