MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Had a good game today with a 77, and that included 3-3-putts!

set my driver to +1 (11°), and really liked the results. Long soaring drives.

irons were so-so, but had a few up and downs to save marginal shots. Really liking my Sub70 wedges, they stick em where ya lick em.

• Like 7

Shot an 80 at my club with strong winds and it was chilly. Couple of birdies helped keep the score down. Back at it Saturday as the weather gets better and better.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

IMG_1702.thumb.JPG.758d4fab9b27cabe5bb4fbd84f91e242.JPG

That’s my ball, on the green on a 480 yard par 5 in 2. My drive went 278. Hit 4 hybrid from 202 to a back pin right into the middle of the green.

I had 4 career drives on a course that I’ve played hundreds of times the last twelve years. It was windy and dry for sure but I’ve played there when it was working body and dry before.

Shot 41-37 - hit 11/14 fairways and 11 greens. Didn’t putt well at all - greens were bumpy and slow. Had a penalty stroke trying to hit a punch shot on the green after an errant lay up. Shot of the day was a 7 iron pitch out from the woods on a par 3 to 4 feet on 15. That one saved my round.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Greens look in decent shape.

• Like 1

Shot the first 18 hole score for the year today with 83. Picking up right where I left off last year and making that handicap drop. Also had a combination of two 9’s score of 81. This year should be good!!

• Like 5

Finally beginning to dry out following about 8 months of record shattering rainfall. Today was the first time I was able to get in 9 holes following work this year.

Iron play was solid although, I was a half-club long with seemingly everything. Driver didn’t want to cooperate but that’s always my struggle.

• Like 6

Greens look in decent shape.

Rick, the round was at Mangrove Bay, the St Pete Muni. They do an amazing job on the course for the number of rounds it gets. Always top 10 in the country. However they were slow compared to my club and I never properly adjusted. :(

• Like 2

A couple good rounds.

38 44 at Echo Falls
40 42 at Coyote Creek

Struggled with driver consistency but switch up putter grip and save a number of strokes. Two rounds with zero 3 putts!

• Like 5

...first round of the season...some good ones...some not so good ones...but not a bad start...39/41... 

first time out with the 38" counterbalanced putter and I am definitely liking it!

can't wait for the sun to come out and dry things out a bit more!

• Like 6

Glad to hear that the up North contingent is starting to get out.

• Like 2

After a 20 minute or so warm-up with driver and 4h, (which made me feel confident) I went for my round.  Had to change courses at the last minute due to some delays getting weekly groups out, but that was ok.  Same place, different course (new to me). From the forward tees is was just about 6,200 6.9/118.

4 Par, 10 bogies, 4 doubles, and one embarrassment of a 10 :surrender:... on a par 4 hole!!  2 into the water on the embarrasment! Both times hit onto the rough with a BIG bounce into the deep. One other hole included my only OB: but a great wedge and a nice putt kept that one to just being a bogie!  

Final score 106, and, given many things, I am OK with that score.  But, I am already thinking of the next time I play the route!

Many of the holes, I could have played better from a club selection point of view.  Way too many were short and required that extra shot. (I do not have a range finder, and, I forgot my phone so no GPS!) 

The really bad hole, however, might have been played better with a bit more of laying up on both that drowned.  But, I was trying to make up from having too many hits being too safe. 

C'est la vie!

241.jpg

• Like 5

Rick, the round was at Mangrove Bay, the St Pete Muni. They do an amazing job on the course for the number of rounds it gets. Always top 10 in the country. However they were slow compared to my club and I never properly adjusted. :(

Greens here are still coming out of dormancy.

Edit: not that it matters, I’m 6-10 weeks away from hitting balls.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Today was a scramble with the Senior Group.  I hit my irons well.  Putter wasn't my friend today...greens were slower than normal for our course and I couldn't adjust for whatever reason.  The team didn't do very well, either....LOL.  3 drive minimum for each player -- they used 7 of my drives, including one on a par 3 that I stuck 2 feet from the hole (yes, someone made the putt 🙂

• Like 7

Well, I got out for my first round in about 7 months. It was about 45° and blowing 15mph, so it was cold and the course was really wet. I definitely need to shake the rust off after shooting a 47/43-90 (including 2 penalties for balls lost in snow banks). The good news, I added about 20 yards to all my clubs over the winter, the bad news, just about everything else. I really need to work on the feels around the green with my wedges and putter. I had 36 putts today, which is waaay too high for me. Oh, and I could stop hitting my wedges fat. 

The best story of the day, was on the par 5 6th. After hooking my drive over the creek on the left, hitting a tree with my second, hitting a tree with my third, hitting a tree with my fourth, chunking my fifth, chunking my sixth into a bunker, falling face first into a snow bank in said bunker, I managed a nice up and down for a smooth 8. Spring golf is fun! 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

42 with 3 doubles and 1 birdie. lol...put the driver away and hit 3w which went well off the tee but not off the on the 2 par 5s. Game is improving andI suspect afte another week or two,I will be back on track. 

• Like 4

Played 9 with a good friend of mine that I rarely get to visit with since his move to Oregon. Had a great warm-up session (off mats) that didn't translate to the course at all...😬 Still made 2 pars and had a great 5w approach that wound up on the green of one of the par-4's that I made one of the pars on. Other than that, not much I want to talk about except every "penalty-zone" that was made up of water seemed to have been exceptionally hungry for my MTB's...🤬

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Played 9 with a good friend of mine that I rarely get to visit with since his move to Oregon. Had a great warm-up session (off mats) that didn't translate to the course at all...😬 Still made 2 pars and had a great 5w approach that wound up on the green of one of the par-4's that I made one of the pars on. Other than that, not much I want to talk about except every "penalty-zone" that was made up of water seemed to have been exceptionally hungry for my MTB's...🤬

Did "Driver X" go along for the ride?  Good to hear your courses are snow free.  It's still snowing on ours. 🙁

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

first time out with the 38" counterbalanced putter and I am definitely liking it!

38" putter? 😱 What are you, 7 feet tall??

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

Did "Driver X" go along for the ride?  Good to hear your courses are snow free.  It's still snowing on ours. 🙁

Indeed it did make the trip, but I'd better be mum about it for now...😑

Still snowing up your way???! What a bummer! Been a little unsettled here all week with a few showers and even a thunder-bumper in the late afternoon, but it is starting to feel like spring finally...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattF said:

38" putter? 😱 What are you, 7 feet tall??

Counter balanced putters are designed to be long.  You want the end of the putter to extend past your grip to provide the counter balance.

• Like 3