MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

10 hours ago, CarlH said:

Yes, I know that's true.  I was just thinking of the 38 inch Taylor Made Spider blade putter that I have in my collection.  😄 

I have one of those and wasn't sure how I would like the extra length above my hands but it really feels good and helps reinforce that pendulum stroke.  I also like the fact that I can decide how far down I want to grip it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Check out the Mizuno 919s if you get a chance... really nice feel and a ton of shaft options.

Will do.  I did test the JPX900 HM last summer and, while nice, like the G400, I200's, and Taylormade M3, none are moving me away from the PE2's.  Interesting though is just how small the PE2's look compared to most of these.

• Like 1

Tweaked my back on the first tee.  😬  Right side at the bottom of my ribcage.  

Hitting off tees was OK if I swung at 50%.  Hitting off the ground on anything but pitch shots hurt, even at 50%.  It was 45º and sunny when my wife and I teed off, and it warmed up to 65º by the time we finished.  I was hitting better shots on the back nine.  We had a great time playing with two guys in their late 40's who outdrove me by 50 yards.  They bought me a double BV/seven at the turn because I think they felt sorry for me.  They MIGHT have broken 100.

Me?  5 doubles, 8 bogeys, 4 pars, and 1 birdie = 89... my short game saved me.  Could have been a lot worse.  

We have a 9:46 tee time tomorrow.  😀

• Like 8

Meh. Hit some good shots, hit some bad shots. Pretty inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

Not a good day today.  Couldn't seem to get into any kind of groove.  Putts just a bit outside.  Hit a few good shots, hit a few stinkers.  Really struggled with my knee ... couldn't wait to finish the round.  Eeked out an 85 after putting 2 balls in 2 different ponds.  Seeing the orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday.  Hope to fix a date for the knee replacement and then I won't be playing for around 6 weeks after the surgery.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Pretty poorly overall.  Tee shots weren't bad,  but struggles galore with irons and my chipping/pitching was a mess.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Pretty poorly overall.  Tee shots weren't bad,  but struggles galore with irons and my chipping/pitching was a mess.  

There’s always tomorrow Boss!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Not a good day today.  Couldn't seem to get into any kind of groove.  Putts just a bit outside.  Hit a few good shots, hit a few stinkers.  Really struggled with my knee ... couldn't wait to finish the round.  Eeked out an 85 after putting 2 balls in 2 different ponds.  Seeing the orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday.  Hope to fix a date for the knee replacement and then I won't be playing for around 6 weeks after the surgery.  

Feel for you with the knee pain. Do what you gotta do. Keep us informed.

• Like 3

So, I had one of those rounds that makes me fairly optimistic.  I played Arcadia Municipal again.  It's about 5800 yards, with a lot less trouble than most of the courses I play.  It started like this:

0331191110a-01.jpeg.62ca136ec96b0250e27523bcc8b0dcc0.jpeg

That's my tee shot on #1.  285 yd. par 4.  I pulled out the Mitsushiba chipper that I just cut down to the same length as my putter, chipped it up to about 3 feet and rolled in the birdie.  I thought about quitting right there.

Overall, I went 43/45 for an 88, which is a little better than I've played in a long time.  That included 32 putts (I added weight to my putter and like it!), a bunch of pars, an atrocious quad on a par 3 and a couple of doubles.  The driver was outstanding.  I lost one to the left, but even that one wasn't in big trouble, just left a poor angle.

The big issue today was from 50 - 75 yards out.  Felt like I might as well have turned around and shot it back to 125 to play from there.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Rickp said:

There’s always tomorrow Boss!

Not tomorrow, will be Tuesday which is the start of my companies golf league.   

Mostly disappointed with my my pitching and chipping.  Was doing so well yesterday during practice and started out terribly today.   It got a little better toward the end of the round. 

• Like 3

I was able to play today in Hilton Head at Palmetto Plantation Arthur Hills course from the Gold tees (73.8 and 139 slope - 6918 yds).  Weather was great - about 65 on the first 9 and low 70's on the second with around 10 mph winds.  Shot of the day was a sawed off 2 hybrid from 226 that was into the wind so I played it about 240 with a low cut and ended up 8 feet from the hole, downfall was that I missed the putt!  Had a couple errant tee shots, but overall was very pleased with my round and like how I'm scoring so far this year. 

Round Score - 75 (1 Double, 4 Bogeys, 3 Birdies - 39/36)

Fairways - 9/14

Greens - 11/18

Putts - 30 (1 Three putt on a very tricky green with large hills/slopes all around the pin)

IMG_0566.thumb.jpg.fb6ab14ffee04f67e705cb8881b43f39.jpg

• Like 5

Golf season has not arrived in the mountains yet so I went and hit balls and played a quick 18 at Pebble. Great round going until a disaster on 17.

IMG_1576.JPG

• Like 5

18 hours ago, CarlH said:

You will be glad you get your knee done.  I should have done mine earlier.  Golf is much better now and pain free (well, knee anyway).  I waited until November for mine; was ready to play in February.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You will be glad you get your knee done.  I should have done mine earlier.  Golf is much better now and pain free (well, knee anyway).  I waited until November for mine; was ready to play in February.

Yes.  I was trying to kick the can down the road, but that isn't going to happen.  Too painful to walk.  I'll just have to sit out the early part of summer.  Fortunately, we can play year round in Medford, albeit the winters aren't that great.  I'll know more tomorrow.

• Like 4

On 3/30/2019 at 9:18 PM, Kenny B said:

Tweaked my back on the first tee.  😬  Right side at the bottom of my ribcage.  

Hitting off tees was OK if I swung at 50%.  Hitting off the ground on anything but pitch shots hurt, even at 50%.  It was 45º and sunny when my wife and I teed off, and it warmed up to 65º by the time we finished.  I was hitting better shots on the back nine.  We had a great time playing with two guys in their late 40's who outdrove me by 50 yards.  They bought me a double BV/seven at the turn because I think they felt sorry for me.  They MIGHT have broken 100.

Me?  5 doubles, 8 bogeys, 4 pars, and 1 birdie = 89... my short game saved me.  Could have been a lot worse.  

We have a 9:46 tee time tomorrow.  😀

Well, we had a frost delay so didn't tee off until 10:34.  We played with another couple and he had a back pain as well, so we agreed to play from the White Tees.  I still swung about 50%, maybe 70% on a few tee shots, and I didn't have as many poor shots hitting off the ground.  

Less yardage to cover helped a lot!!  1 double, 5 bogeys, and 1 birdie on a par 5 = 78.  Yesterday, one of my 5 doubles was on that par 5.  The difference between the Blues and the Whites on that hole is 5 yards!!

I know that one of these days I will have to move up to the Whites, but I will stay at the Blues as long as I can still score rounds in the 70's.

• Like 4

A real bad day today. Played a tough - challenging - long - par 72 : 6250 yard beast of a course. The rating of 68 is way too low for this place. Sadly, I didn’t break 100 and shot a 106. No matter the anguish I endured. Still feel I’m only a swing feel - thought or - position from really nailing this game and shooting good golf. Really feel like I’m close this time

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Big money said:

A real bad day today. Played a tough - challenging - long - par 72 : 6250 yard beast of a course. The rating of 68 is way too low for this place. Sadly, I didn’t break 100 and shot a 106. No matter the anguish I endured. Still feel I’m only a swing feel - thought or - position from really nailing this game and shooting good golf. Really feel like I’m close this time

Since you only list your handicap as Big, how bad is the 106 relative to your handicap?

Finally a good round. 2 bogeys and 7 pars for a  38.  Been making small steps and it finally came around with fairways and greens.   Wasnt going to play but going into my weekend this afternoon was the best weathe windiow before the downpours. Yard work in the rain it wil be this weekend.

• Like 6

82, and couldn’t get anything going. Never played this course before, and there are numerous Par 5s that one has to hit iron off the tee (I call that rinky-dink), lots of blind shots. Frustrating. I hit 4 iron off most off three of the par 5s! Silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, CarlH said:

Since you only list your handicap as Big, how bad is the 106 relative to your handicap?

About 8 shots higher. I’ve tried to improve thru many many lessons . On and off the course including course management skills and even a sports psychologist- teacher. It’s just a heck of a hard game. I keep telling myself I’m one great tip or feeling away from playing good fun golf. One day I will get this game. Thirty years in and still have about twenty five years left to be called a true master of my craft 

• Like 5