How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 4/8/2019 at 12:03 PM, revkev said:

Planned on walking 18 after work but dropped after 9 due to the rain getting heavier. 

41 and no doubles which is a HUGE victory for me as of late. Couple up and downs but left a couple putts. Been playing without glasses and I think it throws me off. Eye doc Monday and going to contacts I hope. 

Put a new to me 4h in play and we are getting acquainted quite well. 

Put my AVXs in play tonight as I need to adjust my game a bit with them before the first tourny in a couple 

Edited by pulledabill
redo

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

4 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Holy cow.i just finished the worst round I've played in about a year. It started on the 1st tee with a lost ball. I topped balls on 3 of the 1st 4 holes.. losing 2 of them.. chunked a couple of chips.

Drove the ball great after 4 holes but just struggled my way around the front 9. Had 2 miserable par 3s..

So I guess the only real bright spot was my putting....

Oh that's right I was playing golf.. still better than working.. I guess it wasn't so bad.. lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

A few years ago I made a decision to NOT use a brand new ball on the 1st tee for that reason.  It was a beautiful sunny day at Gold Mountain.  My wife and I were playing with several friends from Seattle; we had two 4-somes.  I pulled my tee shot on #1 so far left into the trees that it was not even worth taking a look for it.  Now I break out a new ball on #2.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Holy cow.i just finished the worst round I've played in about a year. It started on the 1st tee with a lost ball. I topped balls on 3 of the 1st 4 holes.. losing 2 of them.. chunked a couple of chips.

Drove the ball great after 4 holes but just struggled my way around the front 9. Had 2 miserable par 3s..

So I guess the only real bright spot was my putting....

Oh that's right I was playing golf.. still better than working.. I guess it wasn't so bad.. lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You stole my round! Had pretty much a carbon-copy of what you had yesterday myself...😬

Got finished with a project early and ditched work to play a round. First drive nearly wound up in someone's yard, then dumped 2 in the water on that damn par-3 4th...Topped my share of approach shots and just sucked for most of the first 9. Putting was there though and was at +13 at the turn. Turned it around on the back going +10 and finally settled down on my shot making. Only one real birdie chance (pared), but made 3 pars overall and no snowmen. Counting as a "win"...

Edited by PING Apologist #9
- to +
  • Like 5

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Up and down round for a 79. Some good some bad, just didn’t have “it” going.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

37 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

You stole my round! Had pretty much a carbon-copy of what you had yesterday myself...😬

Got finished with a project early and ditched work to play a round. First drive nearly wound up in someone's yard, then dumped 2 in the water on that damn par-3 4th...Topped my share of approach shots and just sucked for most of the first 9. Putting was there though and was at +13 at the turn. Turned it around on the back going -10 and finally settled down on my shot making. Only one real birdie chance (pared), but made 3 pars overall and no snowmen. Counting as a "win"...

You went 10 under on the back 9? 🙀

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

1 minute ago, Sluggo42 said:

You went 10 under on the back 9? 🙀

Whoops! No. Meant +10...editing...

• Haha 2

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

On 4/18/2019 at 11:04 PM, Sluggo42 said:

l've got to figure out a way to keep my nerves from blowing up my game. It seems to have gotten worse over the last year...😒

NOT saying we have anything remotely like similar games, but ...... One thing I've been reading/learning more about lately is the "mental game" - that is: I've heard the term and some of the jargon thrown around, but .. what does it really mean? ..and how can i really apply it to my game on the course? ... so one mental game coach that seemed interesting to me and that I recently attended a 2-day clinic with is David MacKenzie of "Golf State Of Mind". Has some good articles on the blog on his website, and also some info in his Insta.

It's definitely helping me - especially with, e.g., a better understanding of how to prepare for each shot, how to define a better pre-shot routine for yourself - which can help with focusing the mind and easing tension.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

13 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

NOT saying we have anything remotely like similar games, but ...... One thing I've been reading/learning more about lately is the "mental game" - that is: I've heard the term and some of the jargon thrown around, but .. what does it really mean? ..and how can i really apply it to my game on the course? ... so one mental game coach that seemed interesting to me and that I recently attended a 2-day clinic with is David MacKenzie of "Golf State Of Mind". Has some good articles on the blog on his website, and also some info in his Insta.

It's definitely helping me - especially with, e.g., a better understanding of how to prepare for each shot, how to define a better pre-shot routine for yourself - which can help with focusing the mind and easing tension.

Thanks dude... I know there is stuff out there for this problem. I’ll check this guy out!

• Like 1

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

About two or so weeks ago played a 9-hole Par 3 about 40 mins away; holes range from 85 to 160 yds with most having some .. or a lot of .. elevation change - two holes have greens hidden from view going uphill - plus on a few holes overhanging branches near the greens present an interesting challenge. There's trees on both sides of every hole so not a lot of room for error. 

So long story short I played really well .. really REALLY well! Finished at +4 with 3 pars and 1 birdie, rest bogeys, and no penalties. Hit 4 greens and had 4 x 1-putts. Yeah!!

Went back a few days ago to see if I could get anywhere near that performance. Started off really well, despite a pretty good wind swirling around, and was +3 after the first 6 (hit 3 greens and had 2 x 1-putts). Had my second-ever Par on the 160 yd uphill #6, and my first-ever time hitting that green. Yea!

And then......

Hit the tee shot on #7 - arguably the easiest hole as it has the widest and flattest approach and probably the largest, flattest green, too - only to watch it dive right deep into the woods... Second tee shot I aimed long-left to account for the wind coming at me and ... that's exactly where the ball went! Didn't get held up or pushed over by the wind, and instead went past the green and the bushes behind and down into a drainage gully... Found it and was able to chip it over the bank (which was taller than me) but still short of the green. Second chip wasn't close enough; two putts for a 7...

#8 the shortest hole I hit it a little deep and caught one the branches hanging down in front of the green ... ball bounced off and all the way to the right edge of the fairway and down below the green. Chipped on but then managed to 3-putt for a 5...

#9 is about 120 downhill with the trees on both sides forming a narrowing chute towards the smallish green. Mis-hit tee shot was heading right and caught a branch but this time I git a friendly break and it dropped my ball straight down. Chunked the wedge shot so 3 to get on and then .. yep .. managed to 3-putt again for a 6...

So first 6 holes in +3 and last 3 holes in +9.

Hmmmmmmmm.......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh, oops - forgot the rest of the story...
(- any of you older guys remember Paul Harvey?)

So went back to that same Par 3 the very next day to see if I could .. literally .. settle the score with those last 3 holes!

Except this time around I started off poorly - even with 2 Pars where I made a nice up & down each time after a short tee shot - for the first 6 holes I was +8. Made a mess of that #6 hole this time with a triple...

Then on #7 something switch "On" and I hit the green and made an "easy" 2-putt for par; #8 hit the green again .. albeit with a bit of a lucky bounce and roll towards the pin .. and stroked a solid 1-putt for a birdie; #9 hit a solid tee shot but slightly short-left and managed to sink the second putt for a nice par ... so -1 this time for those last three holes!
(..ahhh sweeet revenge... 😆)

• Like 2

Played a regulation 9 yesterday in very gusty conditions and happy that .. for the most part! .. was able to keep the ball on track. Except for one awful mis-hit* would've (cudda-wudda-shudda) finished at an average of bogey golf / +9 ... so making progress this season! And that's with two doubles (on both of the Par 5s!!??!!) and a triple (ouch!), but also with two solid Pars on each of two holes that I usually screw up...

First par was on a short Par 3 and second par was from an elevated tee into a fairway that doglegs right and leads onto a smallish and well-sloped uphill green with a deep bunker in front, a pond right and a marsh OB left and behind .. so a visually daunting approach which has too often gotten the better of me...

But this time... Decent tee shot, if short, but left edge of the fairway; second shot right where I wanted well into the dogleg. Set up for the approach to try and punch it low into the wind and aiming for the back left corner of the green - and hoping(!) the wind would hold it up and push it back. Landed pin high left, about 10 ft out. Yes - I made the putt! Really happy that I was able to par that particular hole in challenging conditions. 

* Awful Mis-hit: I know exactly what I did, too, and this time it wasn't technique .. it was commitment / confidence. Wind was coming from straight behind and gusts were actually strong enough to knock over my wife's push cart! The green on this hole is large but exposed to the sun and wind so had a feeling it was firm and running fast .. and there's trouble behind the green on this hole .. so did not want to over-do it. I was trying to choose between 9i and PW and decided (or: thought I'd decided...) on a 3/4 swing 9i so it wouldn't go too high / get pushed too far by the wind. Well, I was hesitant and fluffed the shot out to the right .. lost ball .. had to drop and hit again... (and barely kept it on the green .. it rolled all the way to the back edge...)

• Like 2

My swing has gone into the crapper now I cant hit any greens I either pull or push every shot I have tried to fix at the range but it's all screwed up golf is frustrating at the moment. Last round shot 86 I have lost about 30 yards off my drives and my putting is still terrible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Sad 4

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Here is the results SmartSelect_20190420-141951.jpeg

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

A little chilly today. But got a wild 9 holes in. Started with 3 birdies in a row. Than the last 6 holes I was 16 over par for a 49. Not sure if I was nervous. Or I just stink that bad . Combination of both I assume. Was just fun starting the way I did. The guys were looking at me like “ who is this guy” . Well “ the guy “ came back to earth on the 4 Th hole -9th hole. 

Not sure how I should feel. Great for such a miraculous start. Or mad for such a lackluster end

• Like 6

Keep it in the short stuff

Here is the results SmartSelect_20190420-141951.jpeg.9c326b4d9c023e12c80b3088a08b7b2d.jpeg

I feel your pain. I literally can't do anything except hit driver. Last round Arccos had me at a 2 index driving, and a 30 for everything else, LOL.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I have two words- "terrible" and "whiff". I will leave it at that. 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

... The Mrs is in town for a few days and she was just killing it off the tee. 210-230 with my old Fly Z cranked to 12* and a Tensei Blue L Flex shaft. Just a joy to watch. She hasn't played in 7 months so much of the rest of her game was very rusty but off the tee she was soooooo good. 

... And saw one of the best shots I have ever witnessed on a muni. Playing Aguila's 6th hole, 347 from the Silver tees and I hit a 2 iron 261 leaving me 86 to the pin. Had a good 15mph wind at my back so I knocked down a 52* to about 10 feet*. Feeling pretty good about my 261 yd drive and my birdie putt, a ball rolls past my feet catches the tier and rolls back down to about 6" from the hole. We look around and see nobody until the guys behind us that were playing the tips at 377 are heading down the cart path ... and that was one of their drives!?!? They were looking in the desert 50 yds short of the hole and my wife yells at them "Your ball is on the green!" Guy drives up and apologizes and my wife says "Apologize? That's the best shot I have ever seen so nothing to apologize for" then walks over and high fives him. Am I a lucky guy or what? 

* No I didn't make the birdie putt. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... LinQ M40X 6F3
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec ... Steelfiber i80R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

Today was very interesting, we had 22mph sustaining winds with gusts of 40mph. So, with that in mind, I shot a 43/45:85 today with almost no help from my Putter. The Par 5 #13 was reachable in two, and I was just 5 yards off the green but chunked a chip but scrambled for the par. The Par 4 #16 was reached in two, which I hardly ever do, only to 4 putt. Argh! I landed on the back of the green and the pin was in the front. However, it was fun trying to fight the wind.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft

Fairways:  PXG 0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft

Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 5-PW w/Recoil 660 Regular graphite shafts; soon to be Titleist T300

Wedges: Ben Hogan Tkt-15 (49*/53*/57*) w/Recoil 660 Regular shafts 

Putter: 33”  Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

I have two words- "terrible" and "whiff". I will leave it at that. 

You’ll be back my young friend [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Today was very interesting, we had 22mph sustaining winds with gusts of 40mph. So, with that in mind, I shot a 43/45:85 today with almost no help from my Putter. The Par 5 #13 was reachable in two, and I was just 5 yards off the green but chunked a chip but scrambled for the par. The Par 4 #16 was reached in two, which I hardly ever do, only to 4 putt. Argh! I landed on the back of the green and the pin was in the front. However, it was fun trying to fight the wind.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I don’t know how you played in that wind today. It was brutal here (an hour from you), it wasn’t gusts but sustained winds.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list