TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

3 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I got it up to top speed frequently. The innerwebs says the top speed is 15 mph, about the same as typical carts, but it seemed quicker to me. Many in our league use carts, but last night everyone but me was a walker, so there could be no racing.

No crashes or falls, sorry if that disappoints you. 🤣

Pull any of these? Path only of course ....

image.gif.5d99e71c8173b40a5554a7c67c2bbf5c.gif

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Played last night in league... got smoked by a 13-cap that played the round of his life.  He hit a shot I've never seen even attempted before.  Had about 40 yards from the rough to an elevated green with a false front.  Pulled out his putter and hit it a foot.  I knew I wasn't going to beat him at that point.

Decided to only hit the driver 3 times (missed the FW all 3 times).  Put a new hybrid in the bag and went 4/4 on FWs.  Gaining a ton of confidence with my irons.  Still working on the putter.  Shot 42.

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Better ball striking today, so I shouldn't whine, but darn it!  I double bogeyed #8 when I hit my drive OB and then doubled #16 when I pulled my approach shot into the bank of the pond and it trickled in (actually the poor pitch over the pond after the drop is what caused it, tho) to shoot 39/40 for the day.

@chisag -- some insightful pearls of wisdom on your recent posts!  Enjoyed them as they reminded me of my mantra that I try to live my life by:  "I used to cry because I had no shoes and then I met a man who had no feet".    

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Beware 13 handicappers.
We're a feisty bunch... 🤪 good enough to beat just about anyone when we're "on" but bad enough to get beat by anyone when we're not.  

This is true

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Still don’t understand this game, shot 101 yesterday, 89 today... it’s been this way all summer! Good rounds to terrible and back no consistency. Now it’s my putting that’s gone to crap 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

82 43/39

9 pars, 1 birdie, 2 doubles : /

9/14 FIRs and 8/18 GIRs

34 putts / 11 chips

I played the tips at my home course today, the Ridge course at RTJ Oxmoor Valley. I usually play one tee up, but wanted to challenge myself. Today’s round allowed me to work on different shot angles off the tee and longer irons into the green. I couldn’t get many putts to fall today, but the speed and line was there. Shot of the day was really hole of the day on hole 18. Playing 592 yards today, I hit driver/3 wood to 5 ft short of the green. Chipped up and sunk a 15 footer for birdie.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Crescent Point Golf Club - Blufton, SC

8 FIR

10 GIR

35 Putts

Played fair, but only played from the whites to match the rest in my group and course was only playing 6100 yards so i thought I should have scored better.  Hit hybrid or 4 iron off most tees as there was a lot of trouble off the tee and no area to land driver.  Was punished on a couple tee balls simply for not knowing the course, but for the most part happy with my game off the tee and approach shots.  My game from 60 - 100 wasn't as sharp as it should be.  Typically that's green light for me,  but hit long on a couple occasions and thought I made good swings.  

Putting and chipping really cost me 5 or 6 strokes today, have to be sharper the next round.  Had a great time.  Down for a few more days in Hilton Head and playing Atlantic Dunes on Friday.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

17 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Beware 13 handicappers.

We're a feisty bunch... 🤪 good enough to beat just about anyone when we're "on" but bad enough to get beat by anyone when we're not.  

I'd never really thought about it, but this is true. The problem with me is I can never seem to put all facets of the game together at the same time. If I am driving the ball well, you can be assured that irons and/or chipping will suck or if I'm hitting irons well, I can't get off the tee. Fortunately putting is consistently decent.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

4 hours ago, juspoole said:

Crescent Point Golf Club - Blufton, SC

Played fair, but only played from the whites to match the rest in my group and course was only playing 6100 yards so i thought I should have scored better.  Hit hybrid or 4 iron off most tees as there was a lot of trouble off the tee and no area to land driver.  Was punished on a couple tee balls simply for not knowing the course, but for the most part happy with my game off the tee and approach shots. 

... My sister and mom live in that subdivision. I love playing Crescent Point, especially the 2 opening holes and the bridge after playing #9 along with many of the breathtaking views. Even a "local" enjoys the views taking a break lying in the sun.

CP1a.jpg.1dde257c8eca1f01ae0e01be7cfc7c7a.jpgCP1b.jpg.2bc9ce64dac97120c779ebf486854b2c.jpgCP1d.jpg.1d4a8b54f89ed8a0f0b94fafff984cc4.jpgCP1e.jpg.d0b95ea848d58e4f8c7f23cb0ade2beb.jpgCP3.jpg.d20f062b2cc6f3082fcb76b49ba8f9fa.jpg

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Played 9 holes this morning in the rain after 27 holes yesterday in our member guest. Hitting it well all around and had one of the best days in the greens yesterday that I have had in years. Went back to old shafts in my driver and 3 wood and it was like meeting some old friends. Not sure why I was ever convinced to take either of them out of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

On 7/18/2020 at 1:05 AM, StrawberryShortCake said:

Lit er up tonight. First time breaking 80. Played 9 with some friends and then because I was playing so well finished 18. Best round of my life tonight. Hopefully I can play as good tomorrow with my regular Saturday group.

Screenshot_20200717-210455_Garmin Golf.jpg

Congratulations on breaking 80!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

The Tale of 2 Chads

... I got paired up with 2 Chads yesterday. One had his wife riding in the cart for company, the other just playing 9 and also in a cart. This is an equipment story as they both played some horrible golf shots. Chad 1 riding with his wife hit some really good shots and some really bad shots. He was playing new RTX wedges and I have never seen a decent player hit his wedges so poorly. Perfect example is on a par 5 we were both short of the green and I had 74 yds into a very strong wind and hit an aggressive 3/4 54* wedge to about 6 feet. Chad had about 10 yds less so 65yds into the strong wind. He basically scooped his wedge about 25 yds, just floating it up and into that wind so it just died. He hit his next shot just like the first shot and was now 5 yds short of the bunker. He chucked his next wedge into the bunker, then hit it fat moving forward then rolling back off the lip and finally bladed the next one over the green and into a lake. He threw his wedge about 40 yds back into the fairway and asked his wife if she could please take the cart and get it for him while he smoothed the bunker with his feet. To her credit she simply said "No."  This was his worst hole but struggled all day with his wedge and the outburst was very uncharacteristic of his demeanor. On the next tee said "These are new wedges and just way too light, so my short game is off today and I apologize for throwing one of them." He then proceeded to hit 3 balls in the water on #9. 

... Chad 2 certainly understood as he was playing brand new irons for the very first time (did not look unhit) and this was the 9th tee box and his last hole. I have never played with a more clueless guy as I never knew when he was gonna hit a shot and never knew where it was going to go. 4 or 5 shanks, some wild hooks AND slices along with fat and thin shots. My guess is he shout around 70 for 9 holes and unbelievably he blamed his poor play on his new irons, so he certainly understood what Chad 1 was going through. Again a guess but between the two of them they lost about 20 balls, and chad 1 kept breaking out new ProV1's. 

... Not sure how I hit the lottery with 2 really bad players blaming their poor play on their clubs but thankfully I have found this to be very rare to be paired up with one. 

Oh boy that’s a fun 9 holes. Congratulations to wife for not getting the “baby” his club after the tantrum.
Like you said it doesn’t happen often. I had a “guy” couple weeks ago so know the feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

29 minutes ago, chisag said:

The Tale of 2 Chads

... I got paired up with 2 Chads yesterday. One had his wife riding in the cart for company, the other just playing 9 and also in a cart. This is an equipment story as they both played some horrible golf shots. Chad 1 riding with his wife hit some really good shots and some really bad shots. He was playing new RTX wedges and I have never seen a decent player hit his wedges so poorly. Perfect example is on a par 5 we were both short of the green and I had 74 yds into a very strong wind and hit an aggressive 3/4 54* wedge to about 6 feet. Chad had about 10 yds less so 65yds into the strong wind. He basically scooped his wedge about 25 yds, just floating it up and into that wind so it just died. He hit his next shot just like the first shot and was now 5 yds short of the bunker. He chucked his next wedge into the bunker, then hit it fat moving forward then rolling back off the lip and finally bladed the next one over the green and into a lake. He threw his wedge about 40 yds back into the fairway and asked his wife if she could please take the cart and get it for him while he smoothed the bunker with his feet. To her credit she simply said "No."  This was his worst hole but struggled all day with his wedge and the outburst was very uncharacteristic of his demeanor. On the next tee said "These are new wedges and just way too light, so my short game is off today and I apologize for throwing one of them." He then proceeded to hit 3 balls in the water on #9. 

... Chad 2 certainly understood as he was playing brand new irons for the very first time (did not look unhit) and this was the 9th tee box and his last hole. I have never played with a more clueless guy as I never knew when he was gonna hit a shot and never knew where it was going to go. 4 or 5 shanks, some wild hooks AND slices along with fat and thin shots. My guess is he shout around 70 for 9 holes and unbelievably he blamed his poor play on his new irons, so he certainly understood what Chad 1 was going through. Again a guess but between the two of them they lost about 20 balls, and chad 1 kept breaking out new ProV1's. 

... Not sure how I hit the lottery with 2 really bad players blaming their poor play on their clubs but thankfully I have found this to be very rare to be paired up with one. 

Made a great story. Thanks for sharing.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

50 minutes ago, silver & black said:

A bit late in posting this.............. I shot  a +2 36 in league Wednesday evening. I'm due for a serious Golf gods reckoning...lol.

You're trending!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

37 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

When I'm having a bad wedge day, I hit my wedges like Chad 1. But i don't get mad or have fits though.

I never was that bad, but I definitely used to have more of a temper when playing poorly. Golf isn't one of those sports though where anger gets you any further, if anything I get tighter and play worse. One of the keys to my scores improving over the past two years has been to mentally let go of a shot after I hit it, and focus on the next one.

Now, that doesn't stop me from very often quietly going, "Cody, that was s---," in my follow through after hitting a poor shot and reminding myself to hit better shots, hahahaha.

@chisag - I feel like the odds of two random singles having similar attitudes are very small. You definitely hit the tee time lottery.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

43/41:84 today with no birdies and 79% FIRs.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

We’ll my caddytek pushcart didn’t come in time for my round (was on hole 10 when it did FYI) but walked 15 and headed off after 4 hours so didn’t quite finish but that’s ok plenty of more holes to come this week.
it was an interesting day. I had a 3 hole stretch where I am not sure what I was doing. I had wedge shots that just went directly right. Open face, toed and just awful swings. Was also doing the same thing with one of my safest clubs being my 2H. I ended up picking up for an 8 which I have not done in probabky 2 years. 
settled down thank goodness and played well. 7 pars  4 bogeys and 4 double+. I I finished the last 3 holes with what I normally would shoot I would have finished 87. Not bad for an 8 and 4 penalties. Can’t wait for Tuesday 
Highlight hole:
A4F37059-7E74-4DB1-BA87-0467DB24BACF.png.4a5db7ff04e9a124761476f1e9067b6d.pngA939A739-4911-4D34-BCDC-980A29E25E5B.jpeg.b26914a525fe5db6daeaff91f4e487fa.jpeg841431D4-342C-4AE6-AC34-79FBBB0E54F3.jpeg.34478ee9f57743c6db2d82bbcc645c15.jpeg

I still blame it on your lack of hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8