MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

another 76 today.....and another poor putting round.

It started at the first missing from 2 feet for par🙄

more putts coming up short and nothing over 15 feet ever threatening the hole.

Wedge play was also poor, eg middle of fairway on short par 4, low thinny skittered wedge into the bunker, got out, and two bad putts later another bogie from nowhere.

Between wedges and poor putting it's costing me lots of strokes.

I did birdie two of the hardest holes on the course though, long game is so much better.

• Like 9

another 76 today.....and another poor putting round.
It started at the first missing from 2 feet for par
more putts coming up short and nothing over 15 feet ever threatening the hole.
Wedge play was also poor, eg middle of fairway on short par 4, low thinny skittered wedge into the bunker, got out, and two bad putts later another bogie from nowhere.
Between wedges and poor putting it's costing me lots of strokes.
I did birdie two of the hardest holes on the course though, long game is so much better.

76. Nice work. I’m expecting a 760 my first round out this year.

One of the courses is opening next Friday.... taking a sick day ....
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Had 77 in league this afternoon - quite the contrast from last week and on a tougher course - go figure.

Waiting on whether I won a skin and a closest to the pin.

IMG_1750.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

I think I now understand the term grind.... 

That's the only word to describe this afternoon's round - physically and mentally. 

I really didn't play that poorly. I ended up +10, but 5 of those came on one hole. Yeah, I did that, even though I was trying to play smart. I compounded matters by 3 putting that hole once I finally made it to the green.

+5 for the other 8 holes is OK in my book. I wasn't as sharp off the tee as last time I played, but I had some decent recovery shots that helped. Short game was still decent, but more putts tonight - 16 for the nine holes. Chipping wasn't as sharp but I had no warm up tonight. I went straight from my car to the tee due to a meeting running long. 

It was another windy night. The weather app said 20 mph, but we all agreed it seemed like more. Every hole seemed into the wind and uphill to me. I'm beat. 

EDIT: I had this lie in a fairway bunker, too :rolleyes:

20190423_182638.thumb.jpg.9f5c1a3e259ad7724a4ed8b77e9f182d.jpg

I ended up not too bad after that shot - within a few yards of the green. 

• Like 9

... Had my best round today at Aguila and started off with birdies on the first 3 holes. Rolled one in from the fringe on 1 and the next 2 I hit about a foot away. Just a perfect day in the high 80's and no wind and cloud cover and then on #8 a front rolled in with winds picking up to 20 mph. #8 is a short 277yd par 4 that needs a 240 carry to drive the green over a lake, so the play is a 6 or 7 iron and then a wedge in ... but with 20 mph at my back I drove the green and just missed my eagle putt for my 4th birdie. But 9 was back into that 20 mph wind and I flat wiped my tee shot and  it really turned and almost come backwards, ending up in the 18th fairway. No shot at the green into that wind from about 230, blind shot and water right so I layed up and bogied for a 33 on the front. Next 4 holes I went birdie-par-bogie-birdie. And as fast as it arrived the front disappeared and it was dead calm for the last 5 holes but I just parred in for a 68. LOL, after being 4 under thru 8 I was thinking of shooting my age again as a 66 was a possibility.

... Played with Jim, a guy from Canada that triple bogied 4 and 5 and he asked me to stop keeping his score. We have played a few rounds together and after I went 4 under he treated me like it was a no hitter, some small talk while we walked but nothing about the score or my play other than "Nice shot". He broke his silence on 18 when I just missed my birdie putt and was very effusive as he has never played with anyone that shot in the 60's. I hate to generalize but I have found Canadians to be such nice people. Heading back to Chicago next week so it was a very fitting farewell to Phoenix and all the amazing people I have been paired up with this winter! 

aFront.jpg.13ac3f6f251ba6b606f9002b3b639667.jpg
aBack.jpg.5476d3ccdb45514c34adcd8afdd8b34b.jpg

Very nice round! I shot my age, 51, on the back 9 the other day.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, chisag said:

Nice round. Where on the score card does it show you what is par? or how or do you know? At my course, par is shown on the card.

... It is at the bottom of the scorecard along with hole handicap. I just condensed since my scores were on the top line. 

• Like 2

Great round chisag!

• Like 2

Played on Monday at a little golf course in my neighborhood - Broadmoore Golf Course in Moore, OK. It's only 6478 yards from the back tees and 6196 from the white. I have decided to start playing from the white tees this year because I have lost a bit of power after my back surgeries and I just want to have a bit of fun. I don't how long I will stick with that but it's the plan as of now  

We have had a lot of rain recently so while I was playing from only the whites it was playing a bit longer but all things considered the golf course was in pretty good shape. Even though it is in my neighborhood I don't typically play Broadmoore much because the condition isn't always the best and we have some really good Oklahoma City Municipal courses and so I prefer those. I drove the ball very well but my irons were a bit spotty on the front nine but it came together nicely on the back. I hit 11/12 of my fairways, 12/18 greens and had 29 putts for a two under 69. Not a difficult test but it always feels good to shoot under par no matter when or where! 

IMG_3448.jpg

• Like 8

41/46:87 with a 227 yard drive(no wind). Not a stellar day, but gamed the Callaway Rogue and am learning to hit it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... Had my best round today at Aguila and started off with birdies on the first 3 holes. Rolled one in from the fringe on 1 and the next 2 I hit about a foot away. Just a perfect day in the high 80's and no wind and cloud cover and then on #8 a front rolled in with winds picking up to 20 mph. #8 is a short 277yd par 4 that needs a 240 carry to drive the green over a lake, so the play is a 6 or 7 iron and then a wedge in ... but with 20 mph at my back I drove the green and just missed my eagle putt for my 4th birdie. But 9 was back into that 20 mph wind and I flat wiped my tee shot and  it really turned and almost come backwards, ending up in the 18th fairway. No shot at the green into that wind from about 230, blind shot and water right so I layed up and bogied for a 33 on the front. Next 4 holes I went birdie-par-bogie-birdie. And as fast as it arrived the front disappeared and it was dead calm for the last 5 holes but I just parred in for a 68. LOL, after being 4 under thru 8 I was thinking of shooting my age again as a 66 was a possibility.

... Played with Jim, a guy from Canada that triple bogied 4 and 5 and he asked me to stop keeping his score. We have played a few rounds together and after I went 4 under he treated me like it was a no hitter, some small talk while we walked but nothing about the score or my play other than "Nice shot". He broke his silence on 18 when I just missed my birdie putt and was very effusive as he has never played with anyone that shot in the 60's. I hate to generalize but I have found Canadians to be such nice people. Heading back to Chicago next week so it was a very fitting farewell to Phoenix and all the amazing
 people I have been paired up with this winter! 

4 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Played on Monday at a little golf course in my neighborhood - Broadmoore Golf Course in Moore, OK. It's only 6478 yards from the back tees and 6196 from the white. I have decided to start playing from the white tees this year because I have lost a bit of power after my back surgeries and I just want to have a bit of fun. I don't how long I will stick with that but it's the plan as of now emoji846.png 

We have had a lot of rain recently so while I was playing from only the whites it was playing a bit longer but all things considered the golf course was in pretty good shape. Even though it is in my neighborhood I don't typically play Broadmoore much because the condition isn't always the best and we have some really good Oklahoma City Municipal courses and so I prefer those. I drove the ball very well but my irons were a bit spotty on the front nine but it came together nicely on the back. I hit 11/12 of my fairways, 12/18 greens and had 29 putts for a two under 69. Not a difficult test but it always feels good to shoot under par no matter when or where! 

IMG_3448.jpg

Great play from both of you. Congratulations!

• Like 1

Played 8 holes yesterday (all I had time for) and played a lot better than this past weekend, even thought the wind was howling. My 410 is really straight, but I also changed up my strategy. For some reason , My FW and Hybrids stopped working - they must be broken. So  I took them out of my bag and dropped my 4i & 5i back in. Didn't need to use the 4i last night since the 5i was right on the mark!.

It's amazing to me how sometimes they (my FW and hybrids) work and other times they don't.. When I go to the fitter next week I must try the Cobra one length hybrid.    

• Like 6

2nd week of league. 2nd time playing this year. 46 on the back 9. I can't find the speed on the greens yet. I'm putting everything 4' - 5' past the hole. Winter rust sucks.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Punched and sanded greens and a bad right knee resulted in a bad scoring day.  Putting was tough because the greens were punched and sanded Monday and Tuesday, half the greens still had a lot of sand on top.  Couple that with using the arm lock putter and there were a lot of putts that fell short, didn't break as expected, or hit a hole and changed direction.  I hit my irons fairly well, but somewhere on the backside, I lost my driver swing (knee was really starting to throb) and started swinging across my body likely because I wasn't loading up on my right side comfortably and not finishing the backswing.  Knowing I was doing it and fixing it were not in sync.  Anyway, had a good time playing my last competitive round before knee surgery.  I'll play Friday, but it's a scramble of some sort with the Seniors Group.  Another opportunity to continue testing the Bettinardi arm lock putter.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Punched and sanded greens and a bad right knee resulted in a bad scoring day.  Putting was tough because the greens were punched and sanded Monday and Tuesday, half the greens still had a lot of sand on top.  Couple that with using the arm lock putter and there were a lot of putts that fell short, didn't break as expected, or hit a hole and changed direction.  I hit my irons fairly well, but somewhere on the backside, I lost my driver swing (knee was really starting to throb) and started swinging across my body likely because I wasn't loading up on my right side comfortably and not finishing the backswing.  Knowing I was doing it and fixing it were not in sync.  Anyway, had a good time playing my last competitive round before knee surgery.  I'll play Friday, but it's a scramble of some sort with the Seniors Group.  Another opportunity to continue testing the Bettinardi arm lock putter.

i find the 2-3 weeks after punching to be very tough to adjust the speed changes.

• Sad 1

Finally another decent round. +2 with a birdie. 100% fairways, 44% GIR,  and 13 putts.  Whats interesting is that I driver the whole way except on one hole where I hit 5w. Hope that continues as it is sure nice hitting short irons in over weed whacking or hit long irons in. 

• Like 5

Played the blues at Bayou today 73.7/140 and shot 43-40 with a snowman on 4. Sounds bad but 6600 yards at sea level fairly wet and windy conditions I held my own except for that one hole.

For the guys here who’ve played it imagine playing 16 at 203 over the Bayou. Hit it just off the green left -

It really wasn’t bad - that quad stinks but other than that I held my own - should have pitched out with an 8 iron and would have had a shot at breaking 80 from there.

Not bad for an old fart.

• Like 6

Actually, pretty decent. Another insane performance with Epic Flash, more in-depth driving stats in the official testing thread. Played 9 holes and I was shockingly consistent and shot +3 with a double on a 260y par 4 🙄.

• Like 7