MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Played a nice 40/38 in a cool drizzle today that was a nice little round in my Galway Bay gear. Been driving the ball nicely of late, can’t complain!

• Like 5

Went and and played 9. Not sure what is going on, but my normally spot on 5w has developed a pull. Very concerning as It is my go to tee club  many days. 

I was experimenting with a Super Stroke 3.0 grip.Major fail so I replaced it today a GP SNSR standard as wel as added 1.25 inches to my putter. Nice grip wth quality feedback.  Putted good today. 

• Like 6

Well, here’s the results from my Buddy Trip ....

I used my old Cobra F6 4 & 5 irons rather than the F8 3 & 5 Hybrids.....

file-BA432685-3F58-449D-8B4F-B82BCA8BF8FD-5803-000004768AD3232D.png.5416d5e854567a5f30aedac647b5735e.pngfile-A4F9C4F5-AFB3-40E3-83C8-82C518FC65C2-5803-0000047745E9872F.png.d8d87fb31f3db8a62f255205cc11d65b.png

Now, I am having severe pain issues with my fingers. Can’t seem to hold onto the club very well. I take Gabapentin daily for the pain, but now it is more severe. I also take hot Paraffin treatments for my hands. Hoping I can get better. My right hand seems to come off the club a bit on the downswing as I put pressure on the grip with my 3rd, 4th & 5th fingers. This causes the club to strike the ball on a different angle.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Hope you can get that “finger” grip pressure straightened out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

The hosel of my irons is a magnet, I got the fkn shanks!!! Second straight round I've driven the ball very, very well, but the rest of my game is just trash.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The hosel of my irons is a magnet, I got the fkn shanks!!! Second straight round I've driven the ball very, very well, but the rest of my game is just trash.

Put an extra ball next to your actual ball, just outside and parallel to yours in-play. Set-up to the outside ball. Start your swing, then come down and hit the inside ball. I had the shanks on the 16th-18th holes in KY last summer, during a round that would’ve been a 74, and my buddy who is a teaching pro had me do this in the fairway/on my second shots, and it worked. It kept my path from going out. So frustrating as I was playing SO well that day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Put an extra ball next to your actual ball, just outside and parallel to yours in-play. Set-up to the outside ball. Start your swing, then come down and hit the inside ball. I had the shanks on the 16th-18th holes in KY last summer, during a round that would’ve been a 74, and my buddy who is a teaching pro had me do this in the fairway/on my second shots, and it worked. It kept my path from going out. So frustrating as I was playing SO well that day!

I might have to try that on the range first, or I might hit a $4 bill into the bush 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

"Warning Warning Will Robinson" - using an aid on the course...............😮

only kidding, I know it was just a bounce game, glad it worked

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 10:18 PM, Kenny B said:

What were those two lessons again??

I thought you were taking "mental" lessons.   LOL

Yes, BUT .... it's taking a verrrry looong time for those good teachings to permeate down through several layers of very thick skull..!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, PMookie said:

Sounds like my last round on Sunday.  😡

That drill works and you don't have to use an extra ball.  Set up normally to your ball and take a practice swing making a divot inside of the ball.  Be careful how you do it though; you can cheat this drill.  If you stand up creating more space between you and the ball, you will create other issues.  Only adjust the spacing by moving the lower body out of the way.

Don't ask me how I know!!!

• Like 3

Played at my sister CC yesterday and shot a 76, along with my buddy who matched my 76. We were 3 an 4 handicaps. we werent within 10 strokes of the winners...

• Like 3

shot a 78 today, but I played better than i scored. Just a stupid plunk into the lake, or a few 3 putts out of laziness...

But im starting to hate my c130 cart bag as the clubs get stuck together so badly sometimes

• Like 2

League play was cancelled so I slogged around my muni to work on baseline numbers. Shot another 43.

Chipping and putting was better thanks to practicing the last two days, but ball striking was not great at all. Arccos reflects that with the high handicap numbers for driving and approach.

I did have one amazing birdie on hole 2, but I have no idea how my drive or approach shot did what it did, and could not repeat it for the rest of the round.

IMG_0985.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

shot a 78 today, but I played better than i scored. Just a stupid plunk into the lake, or a few 3 putts out of laziness...

But im starting to hate my c130 cart bag as the clubs get stuck together so badly sometimes

Me too, different bag though but I've ruined quite a few of the expensive Mizuno grips trying to get clubs in and out the bag, very annoying, why doesnt someone invent an easy in/out system thats NOT 14 separate holes?

• Like 1

Been doing quite a bit of practice this week to sort out my driving, out on Wednesday evening, hitting it really well off the tee and irons. Played a Senior Open yesterday with an 83 (11 over). Couldn't drive the ball at all and irons were getting knifed, but chipped and putted well. 

I compare my game to a clown's car, you fix one door and another falls off.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

For my LGA monthly tournament this past weekend we played a new format for me "1 person scramble, Make it or Take it". I thought it was interesting and fun because it was different. The Make or Take it meant we could hit a second shot but if we hit a second we must use it. The Make it Take it ended up hurting a few times when I couldn't see where my drive ended up but thought I could maybe do better with a second drive. When I arrived at my balls, the first drive would definitely have been a much better option. The hard part was we were worn out from playing somewhere between 18 and 36 holes of swings. 

It was a very long slow round. The MGA was playing the same format in front of us. The men were going so slow that my group of 3 ladies grouped ourselves with the 3 ladies in front of us for a fun six-some. Six women double putting almost everything took a while on every green, but we still stayed close to the men. 

I thought I was playing good but it didn't always feel like it. I was the highest handicapper and everyone seemed to be playing good and better than me. What a wonderful surprise to find out I won 2nd low net with a 61 - a 61! My husband playing with the MGA had a 69 net, so I beat him. How cool is that! He won 3rd low net in the men's tournament.

• Like 7

&artful_golfer, sounds like a fun event that forced you to think about your shots and add a bit more pressure. Sorry to hear about the slow pace of play as that always seems to take away from a round.

Congrats on the great score.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

&artful_golfer, sounds like a fun event that forced you to think about your shots and add a bit more pressure. Sorry to hear about the slow pace of play as that always seems to take away from a round.

Congrats on the great score.

Thanks. Oddly the pace didn't bother me that day. I figured before I signed up that it was going to be long and slow so I was mentally prepared for it. I have been putting in such long hours behind my computer that I was delighted to be outside on the course, no matter what the conditions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, artful_golfer said:

For my LGA monthly tournament this past weekend we played a new format for me "1 person scramble, Make it or Take it". I thought it was interesting and fun because it was different. The Make or Take it meant we could hit a second shot but if we hit a second we must use it. The Make it Take it ended up hurting a few times when I couldn't see where my drive ended up but thought I could maybe do better with a second drive. When I arrived at my balls, the first drive would definitely have been a much better option. The hard part was we were worn out from playing somewhere between 18 and 36 holes of swings. 

It was a very long slow round. The MGA was playing the same format in front of us. The men were going so slow that my group of 3 ladies grouped ourselves with the 3 ladies in front of us for a fun six-some. Six women double putting almost everything took a while on every green, but we still stayed close to the men. 

I thought I was playing good but it didn't always feel like it. I was the highest handicapper and everyone seemed to be playing good and better than me. What a wonderful surprise to find out I won 2nd low net with a 61 - a 61! My husband playing with the MGA had a 69 net, so I beat him. How cool is that! He won 3rd low net in the men's tournament.

... Sounds like a fun, but slow round. Great score and double fun beating your husband. 

... Your post reminded me of a Tournament I put together I called the "2nd Chance" tourney. I have tried to tell my students for years the reason their second shot is better, is not because they learned from the first or made corrections, although both of those are true to a small degree. The reason their 2nd shot is better is because it doesn't count. So my tournament was going to test my assumption. They were mostly high index players and they played 9 holes with regular scoring. The next 9 they would play a 2nd chance shot from tee to green, however if their second shot was not better than their first shot, they had to add 1 stroke to their score. (No 2nd chance putting, just tee to green). And to make sure they felt the pressure they had to take at least one 2nd shot on every hole but they could take more. Out of 40 players only 1 scored better the second nine. So 39 players scored worse taking a 2nd shot. On 1 short par 3 with water short/right/long and a deep bunker along the entire left side I watched quite a few players hit their first shot in the bunker, then try and correct and hit their second shot in the water. So not only did they add a penalty stroke after taking a drop, they also added a stroke because their 2nd shot was worse than their first shot and walked away with a 6 or higher. One duffed his first shot in the bunker, then feeling the pressure took his 2nd chance shot and bladed it into the water. Obviously it was a real eye opener for many of the players.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If Golf was like tennis- 2 serves - we would all be lower handicaps😉 - well, most of us😋

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Sounds like a fun, but slow round. Great score and double fun beating your husband. 

... Your post reminded me of a Tournament I put together I called the "2nd Chance" tourney. I have tried to tell my students for years the reason their second shot is better, is not because they learned from the first or made corrections, although both of those are true to a small degree. The reason their 2nd shot is better is because it doesn't count. So my tournament was going to test my assumption. They were mostly high index players and they played 9 holes with regular scoring. The next 9 they would play a 2nd chance shot from tee to green, however if their second shot was not better than their first shot, they had to add 1 stroke to their score. (No 2nd chance putting, just tee to green). And to make sure they felt the pressure they had to take at least one 2nd shot on every hole but they could take more. Out of 40 players only 1 scored better the second nine. So 39 players scored worse taking a 2nd shot. On 1 short par 3 with water short/right/long and a deep bunker along the entire left side I watched quite a few players hit their first shot in the bunker, then try and correct and hit their second shot in the water. So not only did they add a penalty stroke after taking a drop, they also added a stroke because their 2nd shot was worse than their first shot and walked away with a 6 or higher. One duffed his first shot in the bunker, then feeling the pressure took his 2nd chance shot and bladed it into the water. Obviously it was a real eye opener for many of the players.

I'm going to tell our tournament chair about your "2nd chance" tourney. Thanks for the idea!

• Like 2