Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

11 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

It was a fun day today. Since we sold our last boat we're getting to enjoy that new brand called OPB (other people's boats) ran up to the islands for the afternoon.
IMG_5623.JPG

After dinner my wife and I ran out to play 9. Great evening since I ended up with a 41. Interestingly , that was with the driver being off but fortunately I figured it out before the round was over.
IMG_5627.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

So your a member of OPB too huh?  I've been a member the last 8 years or so 😄🤣.  Every time I looked at getting a boat, I just think about all my buddy's that own one and how they keep on saying what a PITA it is to have one, plus the cost of maintenance and upkeep so they always say to stay a member of OPB.  My old neighbor ended up buying a house on the water just so that he didn't have to pay anymore slip fees for his two boats.  He even said if I do get one, I can anchor it on his dock.  Nice stats on the round!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

12 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

After my round yesterday, I found a couple of junk balls in my bag and for giggles took them out on the range and tried something different with the fairway woods. Instead of my normal slow, methodical backswing I upped the tempo and hit two very good shots.

I think when most of us hear "tempo" as it relates to golf swings, we think of slowing down... but I believe that works both ways.  Last year I started an exercise of a more deliberate, slower backswing (still fast by most standards) and then a bit faster forward swing (blaming Superspeed thread 🙂).  It has helped. The key for me is the transition at the apex... not too slow, not too fast... damn this game is hard!  Hope you're onto something.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Martha going "Irish"... love it 🤣

And she is only half Irish!!  Her mother was full-blooded Irish.  I can only imagine what her temper would be if she was like Mary Kate (Maureen O'Hara) in The Quiet Man.   LOL

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

And she is only half Irish!!  Her mother was full-blooded Irish.  I can only imagine what her temper would be if she was like Mary Kate (Maureen O'Hara) in The Quiet Man.   LOL

Love that movie.....and Maureen O’Hara was terrific!

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

49 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I played yesterday morning with my brother. I shot even par on the front 34 and 42 on the back for a 76. It was 90* and we might have had a few too many beers on the back...lol. I hope my game continues like this, but we all know too well how fast it can go away!

I’ll take too many beers with a 42 lol. That sounds like a good time!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Yes!!  We have one but it's more the consistency of honey... a little sticky.  It's almost gone, and my wife found another brand that was recommended by her hairdresser so will give that a try.

@downlowkey gave me the website of Tortus Mountain https://www.tortusmtn.com/

It is a little like MyGolfSpy in that they test, review, and recommend except it's for Hemp and CBD products. It's been a good way for me to sort through industry information and learn what kind of product works best for me and why. I even found one brand that let me order a .5 oz sample for only $5 (normally $85 for 2 oz). Even if you don't go with a recommended brand the site is a great way to sort through the industry clutter.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Played ok yesterday. 38/41 and should have been lower on both 9s but that’s golf and have to take the good with the bad. 

Despite the heat had a good time with the guy and his two young adult sons. All were relatively beginners but played fast and his oldest was pretty good, once he learns his iron distances better he’s going to break 80 quickly 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Played The Bull Friday afternoon.  The course was a little slower than normal but that's what happens when you've been closed all season.  Driving was a little wild, irons were very solid, chipping and putting were so-so.  Pretty happy with my play overall and am looking forward to getting out again this week.  

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

I guess it's coming along. I played Friday. Ended up shooting 84 with a double, and two 3 putts. I was upset with an 84 - I consider that progress. Driver was weird. Hit one right. Then hook one, making sure not to hit it right. Then hit one right down the middle. Left the driver in the bag on the last 6 holes and used 3W off the tee. 5 Pars and 1 Bogey (friggin' 3 putt).

Driver: :callaway-small: XR Speed 9º Project X HZRDUS T800 Stiff

3W : :ping-small: G 14.5º - Tour 80 stiff

Hybrid: :ping-small: G25 20º - TFC-189H stiff

Irons: :ping-small: 4-UW G30 Green Dot

Wedges: :ping-small: LW G30 Black Dot

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossie II

Played 18 and it was an interesting mix of good and not-so-good....

Tee shots -- 13 / 14 in or just off (w/in 1 yd) fairways
** played from forward tees with my wife
* this includes a few pop-ups that landed in the fairway plus one very lucky "tree wedge"!
- one tee shot into fairway bunker left; managed a decent 2nd shot outta there

GIRs -- 4 on the front 9 (that's a 1st for me!), plus 1 Par 3 green; 0 on the back 9, plus 1 Par 3 green

Lag Putts -- had 14 x 1st putts > 10 ft; the average leave from the hole was about 2.6 feet!
(most were under 4 ft but 2 really really short leaves from 40 and 50 ft pulled the avg up)

But then....

Short Game -- was a bit on & off and I had 5 (FIVE) 2-Chips and 5 (FIVE) 3-Putts
(..two of each on the front then three of each on the back)
(..so that's up to 10 (TEN!!) wasted strokes)

Short Putts -- I managed to miss 4 putts from 2 1/2 feet and less??!!??

Penalty -- I pulled the second shot on #10 OB left into the reeds ... ball slightly above my feet on the right edge of the fairway after an ok tee shot and a clear line straight ahead to the green with an 8i in my hand...

Front 9 was pretty solid and finished +7 (Par 36) but Back 9 I started to fade in the heat and humidity around #13-#14 .. plus the round time started to drag, total of 4:40 .. finished back at +14 (Par 36) for a total +21 / 93 with 38 putts - which despite all the silly mistakes is one of my better 18-hole rounds!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I think when most of us hear "tempo" as it relates to golf swings, we think of slowing down... but I believe that works both ways.  Last year I started an exercise of a more deliberate, slower backswing (still fast by most standards) and then a bit faster forward swing (blaming Superspeed thread 🙂).  It has helped. The key for me is the transition at the apex... not too slow, not too fast... damn this game is hard!  Hope you're onto something.

I just went outside working with the Planemate and I thought I'd give you an idea of how slow my my backswing is. I took a swing at my old pace and counted, to five, as I was going back. My new tempo is closer to the step change rhythm while doing SuperSpeed, something around 2.5 - 3  to 1. I think I was horribly out of sequence, causing a bad case of the lefts. If I can, I'll post up a video to give you an idea of how it looks. 

Played today at LA Canteras - Palmer Course. 

Let's begin by saying what a spectacular course. Right now I would say is one of my favorites in Austin/San Antonio , /DFW area of Texas. 

Lots of elevation changes, spectacular views, fast greens, its only 6500 yds from the golds. But that is plenty long on this course. 

Didn't drive the ball particularly well.. Left alot on the left side, But irons and chipping and putting (31 putts) were on point.  To help with a 40/42 round. 

It's a must play if you are in the area. 

SmartSelect_20200727-173435_GHIN.jpg

20200727_074907.jpg

20200727_101143.jpg

20200727_090724.jpg

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Here we go! It's not the best video and I kind of cut it off just a little early on the second swing. Still working on learning the new video editing software. I did notice, like other times I've seen my swing, that I do come way inside on the takeaway and get a little over the top coming down. I'm hoping the Planemate training will help that as I progress through the protocols. The first swing is the slower tempo backswing and the second swing seems to work better on the course. 

17 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Here we go! It's not the best video and I kind of cut it off just a little early on the second swing. Still working on learning the new video editing software. I did notice, like other times I've seen my swing, that I do come way inside on the takeaway and get a little over the top coming down. I'm hoping the Planemate training will help that as I progress through the protocols. The first swing is the slower tempo backswing and the second swing seems to work better on the course. 

Yard looks hilly. Is the lie where the ball would be above your feet or is that just the way it looks on the video angle? 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

8 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Yard looks hilly. Is the lie where the ball would be above your feet or is that just the way it looks on the video angle? 

It's pretty hilly and you are right, the ball would be above my feet there. It helps when I practice, I'm getting fairly decent with those lies on the course, but it's hard to find a flat spot in the yard to do anything. If you look, you can see one tiny dead spot in the grass, it's fairly flat and where I've done SuperSpeed training. 

7 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's pretty hilly and you are right, the ball would be above my feet there. It helps when I practice, I'm getting fairly decent with those lies on the course, but it's hard to find a flat spot in the yard to do anything. If you look, you can see one tiny dead spot in the grass, it's fairly flat and where I've done SuperSpeed training. 

My backyard, which is like 1/100th of the size of yours, was significantly sloped downhill. I just finished leveling it and am re-sodding tomorrow. I am looking forward to not standing on a slope in my backyard when hitting into my net. My net was probably 12 to 18 inches below my feet, so sometimes I would hit the ball over the net and over the fence.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

9 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

My backyard, which is like 1/100th of the size of yours, was significantly sloped downhill. I just finished leveling it and am re-sodding tomorrow. I am looking forward to not standing on a slope in my backyard when hitting into my net. My net was probably 12 to 18 inches below my feet, so sometimes I would hit the ball over the net and over the fence.

That's been my one hang up about getting a net, I worry about hitting the neighbors. The houses here are fairly close and I would hate to send a ball into one. I couldn't imagine having the net that far down, that would be scary. I'm glad to hear you've leveled it out, that'll make practice a whole lot easier. 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

... Fwiw, I think the "faster" backswing is much better. There have been a few players, Nancy Lopez comes to mind, with very slow backswings and good tempo downswings but they are rare. I have always felt it is easiest to match the backswing with the forward swing and in fact one of my Chisag Tips was swing forward at the same speed you swung back. Think Ernie Els or Tom Purtzer. We have a ton of young athletes on tour that can swing forward much faster than back, but they also practice all day every day and have amazing hand eye coordination. Just remember the swing is a kinetic chain with the body moving slowly, the arms faster and the hands even faster culminating in the clubbed moving much faster than everything else. We all lose sight of that sometimes but the goal is not to swing harder or even faster, the goal is to get the club head to move faster. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's been my one hang up about getting a net, I worry about hitting the neighbors. The houses here are fairly close and I would hate to send a ball into one. I couldn't imagine having the net that far down, that would be scary. I'm glad to hear you've leveled it out, that'll make practice a whole lot easier. 

I have definitely hit three balls over my fence in the past. Luckily, behind my house is a barn and there is almost never people there. However, the person happened to be doing yard work the next day and came to my house, rang the doorbell, and returned a golf ball. I didn't answer the door lol.

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Fwiw, I think the "faster" backswing is much better. There have been a few players, Nancy Lopez comes to mind, with very slow backswings and good tempo downswings but they are rare. I have always felt it is easiest to match the backswing with the forward swing and in fact one of my Chisag Tips was swing forward at the same speed you swung back. Think Ernie Els or Tom Purtzer. We have a ton of young athletes on tour that can swing forward much faster than back, but they also practice all day every day and have amazing hand eye coordination. Just remember the swing is a kinetic chain with the body moving slowly, the arms faster and the hands even faster culminating in the clubbed moving much faster than everything else. We all lose sight of that sometimes but the goal is not to swing harder or even faster, the goal is to get the club head to move faster. 

I definitely have the curse of the slow backswing. 

Updated 07/15/2022

Played at Plantation Palms today as my regular Tuesday game got underway.  I shot lousy today but scored okay with a 45/43:88 This course is longer than my home club(Pebble Creek) but I like the challenge.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played one of the tougher 9’s this morning. Brought a G710 7i to match up against 919 Hot Metal 7i, so far 919 has a slight edge. Both are really nice clubs.
BTW, played OK but no scoring due to testing the irons. Humid as usual

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played Sunday, it was so meh that I didn’t even post. 40-43 83, first round in the 80’s since March.

The only bright spot was it seemed like a classic SuperSpeed I’m about to jump round, several shots flared right. That’s extremely unusual for me.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Had a very good night in league tonight. 39 (+4) with 2 penalties due to wayward drives for a net 31. I had a case of the pulls with driver tonight, so I tried to play the pull at exactly the wrong time (woods right) but the irons were about the best I've hit them in a long time, maybe ever. You know when you are flushing irons and you almost can't hear or feel the contact? That happened a lot tonight and it's totally addictive. Let's hope the golf gods don't think some sort of redemption is due next time.

Screenshot_20200728-200117.jpg.20c18bb9949096c44f3ee963b89aef09.jpg

I was also playing a TP5x I found last week. I've never played one before and I think I love them. Too bad I can't justify the price. I had a nasty chip tonight after being long on my approach. Downhill lie, above the green with the green sloping back-to-front. Never a fun chip. Clipped it perfectly to a couple feet on the green and to ball checked up incredibly, then trickled forever leaving about 10 feet up the hill. Missed the putt, but it could have been ugly had the ball not spun like it did.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd75isig2r0t40kpoajluy4kq82lwqp72r23gdsk029&rid=giphy.gif
Yep that's how it felt.
9 holes 8 of which had some obstruction with trees... only one that wasn't was a par 3 22%GIR 0% fairway and 18 putts

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Had a very good night in league tonight. 39 (+4) with 2 penalties due to wayward drives for a net 31. I had a case of the pulls with driver tonight, so I tried to play the pull at exactly the wrong time (woods right) but the irons were about the best I've hit them in a long time, maybe ever. You know when you are flushing irons and you almost can't hear or feel the contact? That happened a lot tonight and it's totally addictive. Let's hope the golf gods don't think some sort of redemption is due next time.
Screenshot_20200728-200117.jpg.20c18bb9949096c44f3ee963b89aef09.jpg
I was also playing a TP5x I found last week. I've never played one before and I think I love them. Too bad I can't justify the price. I had a nasty chip tonight after being long on my approach. Downhill lie, above the green with the green sloping back-to-front. Never a fun chip. Clipped it perfectly to a couple feet on the green and to ball checked up incredibly, then trickled forever leaving about 10 feet up the hill. Missed the putt, but it could have been ugly had the ball not spun like it did.

Nice round! Have you tried the Snell MTB x. It compares well to the Pro VIx or TP 5x in every way but price. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

15 minutes ago, revkev said:

Nice round! Have you tried the Snell MTB x. It compares well to the Pro VIx or TP 5x in every way but price. 🙂

Thanks! I have tried a couple MTB x's that @MattF let me have. I'll have to buy some when my current supply of Z-Stars and OnCore Elixers starts getting low.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges