Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Mr Double Bogey has done it again.  39 on the front with a double, 39 on the back with another double for a smooth 6 over 78.  Both doubles were just lack of concentration -- i.e. no penalty, just dumb azz play.
And, despite have numerous birdie opportunities today, I squandered them.  To my credit, we're in a really hot spell (100*+) and the super is pouring the water to the greens and fairways in an attempt to stay ahead of the heat.  Greens are soft and running slow right now.
This sounds tooo familiar...

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Not exactly sure what my score would have been, as I was playing in a 4BBB. My partner was solid all day, I had my moments. Drove the ball well, fairways ok, wedges ok, putted pretty well, but as is becoming my usual, my irons were atrocious. Had a couple of birdies and holed a couple of long putts but my poor iron play is really frustrating me. 

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Maybe you're not finishing the shot in the bunkers either.  Do you finish the bunker shot with the club over your shoulder?

Probably not, I can't recall.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Brutal day.  Putts either short or burning the edge ALL day long.  Couldn't buy a putt, whether it was for birdie, par, or bogey.  Had 4 double bogeys for the round and shot 83.  No birdies, just pars, bogeys, and the doubles.  Frustrating day.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

13 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Brutal day.  Putts either short or burning the edge ALL day long.  Couldn't buy a putt, whether it was for birdie, par, or bogey.  Had 4 double bogeys for the round and shot 83.  No birdies, just pars, bogeys, and the doubles.  Frustrating day.

This is the exact bump I’m hitting right now too. Good luck on the next round!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I related this on the Shot Scope V3 thread but I played Wednesday at Inverness in Denver.  I think I hit one green and had a couple of shanks in the beginning.  Ugly day wasted on a nice course.

SSV3 will not let me edit the round yet kept score - 91

3 minutes ago, CarlH said:

What is this double bogey free round you speak of?  I know nothing of it.  🙂

It's amazing what a round DB-free does for your score.  You actually feel like you played GOLF and not FLOG.

Git r done!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played The Fort Golf Club on Friday, which is a great course in the area if you're ever around Indianapolis.  Since I was playing with a couple clients, I teed up with them from the white tees, so only playing 6114 yards.  Had a couple errant shots, but was able to sneak away with a bogey each time and manage the big number.  Two birdies, 5 bogeys, and the rest pars led to a 75 for the day.  

Only drawback was that I had less than 120 yards on nearly all par 4's but didn't give myself the birdie looks I would have liked.  I think I had 3 chances under 10 feet and made 2 out of the 3 which I'm happy with.  Also sunk a few 5 -7 foot par putts to keep the round going.  

This was my first round with my stability shaft and my first impressions are that the stroke does feel more "solid" and by that I mean easier to replicate and get the ball started.  I was struggling early in the year with the dreaded yips so this has helped.  Secondly, the shaft did make my putter heavier overall.  I should have measured swing weight to give exact, but I didn't.  I have a few distances where I use indicator as I putt (inside or outside or my back foot) and will know the distance and I've found that I'm a bit short so far.  However, this is been more with putts 20 feet or greater and I'm only about a foot or two short, so it's been easy tap ins thus far.

Edited by juspoole

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

**** yeah! Personal best 78 today.

It wasn't raining birdies like yesterday but still f****** stoked about the results.

A little turbulence on the front 9, but the back was smooth sailing. 

I played a little game with my friend where we would call out each shot before executing it, just to prove it wasn't a lucky shot and that seemed to work pretty well, makes you think about how you going to play the hole, which side you are aiming and all that. 

Now, just have to make it happen in a competitive round and I'll see my hcp drop! 

FB_IMG_1596370481924.jpg.9360266754772573bde7bf1a4b67e9d5.jpg

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

The bad news is that I had on OB and piss-poor putted my way to an 85 today.  The good news is....who am I kidding?  There is no good news about my game today.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Shot 82 yesterday. Should have been much better. I was +2 after seven holes and then finished double bogey bogey to finish with a 41 on the front. The back 9 included a couple of double bogeys and this is when the drinking with my buddies kicked in LOL. I did however finish with a birdie on 17 so kept fighting to the finish. The driver was real solid yesterday giving me lots of opportunities in the fairway but my distance control was off at times. All in all a good time with my buddies.

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Shot 43/39:82 today, nothing spectacular but I did strike the ball well. Driver still too low for my taste, need to get it up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm going to preface this with.... I got up at 6:am. I made a pot of coffee. I made a 4 egg omlett with bacon, mushrooms, chalets, American and Gouda cheese. I watched the news for a bit and then opened my Bible and read for a bit. I let the dogs out and fed them.
I picked my brother up at 9:30. We had a 10:am tee time. I had the round of my life on the front 9. I went par, eagle, par, birdie, par, par, birdie, par, par, bogie.... 3 under par 31 on the front.
The back went a bit different...lol. It was blowing hard and misting the whole time. I went +7 for a 42. I ended up shooting 73... best round of my life... so far...lol. The game seems to be coming around. We'll see if it continues. It was a great day!

It still sounds like a great day......good breakfast, religious study, golf with your Brother....what more could you ask for?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Tour Edge Exotics EXS(11.5*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 LW(58*) w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Bellum Winmore 707; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm going to preface this with.... I got up at 6:am. I made a pot of coffee. I made a 4 egg omlett with bacon, mushrooms, chalets, American and Gouda cheese. I watched the news for a bit and then opened my Bible and read for a bit. I let the dogs out and fed them.
I picked my brother up at 9:30. We had a 10:am tee time. I had the round of my life on the front 9. I went par, eagle, par, birdie, par, par, birdie, par, par, bogie.... 3 under par 31 on the front.
The back went a bit different...lol. It was blowing hard and misting the whole time. I went +7 for a 42. I ended up shooting 73... best round of my life... so far...lol. The game seems to be coming around. We'll see if it continues. It was a great day!

Definitely a great day!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Pot of coffee and omelet would be good enough for me. Golf with your brother and a 73 is icing on the cake!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

My golf game continued the downward spiral it's been on for the last few weeks with a +20 56 over the course of nine holes. I did hit 3 fairways and no greens and my putter was my saving grace, with only 18 putts. 

I almost walked off the course after being +10 after just three holes, but decided to gut it out and finish the round and started relaxing a bit more after giving up on trying to have a great round. I actually played better without the mindset of pressing to score well, finishing my last six holes at +10. 

My game from 20-100 showed signs of improvement, I wasn't always on the green but was getting it a lot closer and wasn't shanking so many. I've just got to work on my iron game and I believe I can turn the corner to score well. 

55 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

My golf game continued the downward spiral it's been on for the last few weeks with a +20 56 over the course of nine holes. I did hit 3 fairways and no greens and my putter was my saving grace, with only 18 putts. 

I almost walked off the course after being +10 after just three holes, but decided to gut it out and finish the round and started relaxing a bit more after giving up on trying to have a great round. I actually played better without the mindset of pressing to score well, finishing my last six holes at +10. 

My game from 20-100 showed signs of improvement, I wasn't always on the green but was getting it a lot closer and wasn't shanking so many. I've just got to work on my iron game and I believe I can turn the corner to score well. 

Downward spirals happen.  Tough not to get down and want to walk off the course.  Step back and enjoy the fact that you can be outside and just wait for the game to turn around.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Bad rounds happen to everyone at every level. Keep plugging, playing and practicing and you’ll be back and getting better. Plus you have your #1 Caddie riding w you

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

14 hours ago, Kanoito said:

**** yeah! Personal best 78 today.

It wasn't raining birdies like yesterday but still f****** stoked about the results.

A little turbulence on the front 9, but the back was smooth sailing. 

I played a little game with my friend where we would call out each shot before executing it, just to prove it wasn't a lucky shot and that seemed to work pretty well, makes you think about how you going to play the hole, which side you are aiming and all that. 

Now, just have to make it happen in a competitive round and I'll see my hcp drop! 

FB_IMG_1596370481924.jpg.9360266754772573bde7bf1a4b67e9d5.jpg

Congratulations on a PB!!  It will come easier next time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, silver & black said:

Great round!!  Congratulations!!   I remember this guy a month or so ago that was talking about giving up the game because he sucked.  Maybe you should have a talk with him.  Convince him that good rounds come after bad ones and not to give up.

Downward spiral here.  After the no doubles 78 on Saturday, I amazed myself with 3 doubles and a quad shooting an 89.  

Other than those 4 bad holes, it was an enjoyable round with another couple that we had not met before.  He and I were about the same distance off the tee and so were the lady and my wife.  Both good players and I hope we can join up again, and I bring a better game.