How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played 9 this afternoon. Started off a little shakey and was 2 over after 3, but played the last 6 at -1 with 2 birdies for a 37 

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Played 9 this afternoon. Started off a little shakey and was 2 over after 3, but played the last 6 at -1 with 2 birdies for a 37 

... Sounds very encouraging after a big change. How is the new swing working on the course? 

• Like 2

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... LinQ M40X 6F3
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec ... Steelfiber i80R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

On 5/6/2019 at 9:48 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Yesterday I crossed a barrier of sorts.... after many trials and tribulations I managed shoot a round in the 70's ... 79 to be exact. (had been stuck on 80, 81, 82 for what seemed like forever)

It was a fall-like day in New England.... low 50's on/off drizzle and I bought a tee time from golfnow earlier in the week when the weather looked halfway decent.  Figured a day playing golf in light rain is better than not... so I went. (it was only 20.49 so I figured even if I got in a few holes it'd be worth it)

Nobody in the parking lot; tee time came with a cart; short warm up and I was off by myself around 10am.
After I finished my first 18 around 12:45 there was still nobody in front of me so I kept right on going.   🙂

Played 36 consecutive holes in about 5 and 1/2 hours.  Only caught folks twice but they let me play through.
Played whites first time and then the blues and ended 40/39 both times.
Course was soggy but not sopping wet; greens were aerated a few days ago and still had a lot of sand.  In some ways that helped, esp on long putts but on the flip side the putts didn't break how you read them.

A few things that helped me break the proverbial "80 ceiling"...
- I started using the Grint app on my phone to enter my scores instead of the scorecard; this helps me mentally as I don't add things up and start overthinking it.  I let the app tell me my final score and just play the holes and try to score the best on each individual hole vs. I have to birdie/par this one...

- I read an article by Adam Young and in it he does a good job of pointing out that the range is where you practice and the course is where you play (duh!), but what he was getting at is that there is a time-and-place for thinking about all your body positions and all that stuff and on the course you just need to execute.  So this time I really tried to just focus on hitting the ball to the target and play "dirty golf" (what he calls it when you don't really worry about how you 'look' but instead focus on doing the task)

- persistence/practice/keeping the ball in play/chipping; I can't overestimate the importance of practicing chipping - especially with different clubs... saved me several times.

So, Max Homa and I both had something in common on Sunday, we both had breakthroughs of a sort, only his bank account is a lot bigger than mine today. 🙂  

I stole this from a podcast he did in the past describing how he kept plugging away at it...My advice if this is something you're working on - keep going, keep fighting the good fight, believe it or not you're making progress and it will happen...don't stop...ever.
Screenshot_20190506-072434.pngScreenshot_20190505-190242.pngIMG_20190505_122331.jpg

Congratulations!!  Not that you've done it, it will be easier next time.  

I like the idea of using The Grint app.  I use The Grint but never used the app because my phone would die before the end of a round.  But I got a new iPhone a few months ago, so maybe I'll try it this weekend.

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... Sounds very encouraging after a big change. How is the new swing working on the course? 

Its really coming together. I'd say I'm making the new move about 70% of the time. Stoll find myself sliding, but I have the knowledge now to self diagnose. 

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

Tuesday I decided to take a break from the Arccos and just play, so I bagged my Hogan Ptx’s and Tkt Wedges with my Cobra Woods. 41/46:87. Not too bad, because I know where I made a couple Course management errors that ended up costing me some strokes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft

Fairways:  PXG 0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft

Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 5-PW w/Recoil 660 Regular graphite shafts; soon to be Titleist T300

Wedges: Ben Hogan Tkt-15 (49*/53*/57*) w/Recoil 660 Regular shafts 

Putter: 33”  Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

Golf is such a funny game.   League match tonight and overall I played pretty well.   Got to the course early and working on my pitching and chipping and it went fantastic.  Distance control was good and all the shots were solid.    First hole I pulled my drive a bit and flew the green with my wedge chipped back and 2 putted for a bogey.  Lots of pars and my only issue was that my tee shots were drifting right. Fortunately the course was pretty open so my shots were recoverable.  Final hole was a disaster,  big slice into the brush,  dropped, topped my next into the brush, dropped,  hit the green, and a simple two putt for a triple bogey 7.  

The big miss with my driver has crept into my game the past few weeks and I need to figure out the fix.

• Like 6

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 over thru 13 then the rain hit. Very windy but finally a dry day. Irons and putter working drives not so much, but building towards.... something

Take Dead Aim

• Like 4

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

A nice 1 over, 71 today, but, from the white tees. Nice warm overcast day...

• Like 8

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Course was completely soaked this AM and we played lift clean and place. Shot a 48 for 9 holes which isn’t all that bad for me. Just an average round of nothing happening. But I did keep the ball in play all round long. Just swinging my swing is making the tee to green game much more manageable. Really feel a super good round this season if I get the whole game working 

• Like 7

Keep it in the short stuff

On 5/9/2019 at 4:37 AM, fozcycle said:

Tuesday I decided to take a break from the Arccos and just play, so I bagged my Hogan Ptx’s and Tkt Wedges with my Cobra Woods. 41/46:87. Not too bad, because I know where I made a couple Course management errors that ended up costing me some strokes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Curious what you mean by take a break from the Arccos?  Does having that system tend to draw you into looking at each shots data as you play?  It sure looks like a cool system and I'm considering having it added to a new iron set (whenever that happens 😁) but I could see it might become distracting - perhaps the paralysis by analysis syndrome?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Was rolling along nicely until the last 4 holes I went bogie, bogie, bogie, double bogie. Which made my final score a +5 76... 😢

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Got back to town today just after noon. Was on the golf course by 1:45. Had a bad case of the double-bogies and had only 2 pars all round for a crummy 98. It actually felt better than that since I kept Mr. Snowman at bay and driver was actually on point most of the afternoon. Was excited to put my new 7w in the bag and ditch the 4i, but only had to pull it out once...what a club!

• Like 3

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Won a charity scramble with some good buddies yesterday, then drove 30 minutes to play in our weekly 9 hole dog fight and shot 38.  Back to back bogeys to start and pars the rest of the way.  Missed two very makable birdie putts on 3 and 7, so overall a good day but could’ve been much better.

• Like 3
  • TaylorMade SIM2 9.7* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15.9* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 6.5
  • Titleist 816 H2 20* - MCA Diamana S+ 90 X 
  • Srixon Z565 3i - PX 6.5
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM8 52F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Scotty Cameron X7 Phantom 34”
  • Titleist -Pro V1X

I was -2 after two then doubled 3. Feast or famine the next 6. Struck it well, found a couple greens and. fairways, and my tee shot misses are a little better. Tourny Monday and I really thougt my game would be on track for my opener after my hand surgerie. 

• Like 4

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

79 HACKS today, not one decent strike, topped a couple of drives, had 3 double bogies, a few bogies and one birdie.

This game is SO frustrating.............I love it😏🙄😂

• Like 4

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

1 minute ago, perseveringgolfer said:

79 HACKS today, not one decent strike, topped a couple of drives, had 3 double bogies, a few bogies and one birdie.

This game is SO frustrating.............I love it😏🙄😂

Your game sounds similar to mine .... it was a standing joke when I'd come in and the pro would ask how I shot.  I'd say 78 or so, he'd ask "how many doubles" ... me: 3

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 3,4, and 5 -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R +1/2 inch 3* up

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2  56* and 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge shaft

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX

Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer 

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

5 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Your game sounds similar to mine .... it was a standing joke when I'd come in and the pro would ask how I shot.  I'd say 78 or so, he'd ask "how many doubles" ... me: 3

... As I said earlier, I played with a Pro from Desert Mountain and he was one of the best ball strikers I ever played with. Lipped out 2 eagles after hitting mid irons for his second shot and had 6 birdies BUT he also had 2 bogies and 2 double bogies for a smooth 72. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... As I said earlier, I played with a Pro from Desert Mountain and he was one of the best ball strikers I ever played with. Lipped out 2 eagles after hitting mid irons for his second shot and had 6 birdies BUT he also had 2 bogies and 2 double bogies for a smooth 72. 

It's a crazy game we play.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 3,4, and 5 -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R +1/2 inch 3* up

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2  56* and 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge shaft

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX

Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer 

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

... Wow, you guys in the Midwest have really had it rough this year. I figured coming home from Phoenix 5/6 Spring would be in it's full glory with sunshine and 70's mixed in with a few late spring showers. So after playing most every day all winter long I have not played in 10 days!?!? Cold, windy and very wet. Since I played a ton of golf already in 2019 I can't cry baby too much as you guys have waited ALL year just to see Mother Nature give Old Man Winter an inexcusable extension. I hope for all of us the sun makes it's late arrival with a vengeance and keeps the monsoons at bay. 

• Like 3