Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

50 minutes ago, josmi15 said:

Just got in from a quick 9 on an executive course. Putter let me down. It must know that I’ve got another EVNRoll to try out. I currently have the ER3, but an ER2 is calling my name. I wonder if I should answer

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I’m currently in this boat. Putter and I have a love hate going on Right now....she knows I’m thinking about replacing her

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Club championship qualifier today and was nursing it in under the number and the elbow flared up for the first time in a year. After the 14th hole I knew there was zero shot I would be able to play tomorrow so I did the right thing for the field and took a WD. Pretty bummed but it is what it is. Was playing the best golf I have played in the last five years and another year that t was not meant to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Club championship qualifier today and was nursing it in under the number and the elbow flared up for the first time in a year. After the 14th hole I knew there was zero shot I would be able to play tomorrow so I did the right thing for the field and took a WD. Pretty bummed but it is what it is. Was playing the best golf I have played in the last five years and another year that t was not meant to be.

That sucks, let the elbow heal properly and gettem next time

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

77 39/38

3 birdies/10 pars/3 bogies/1 double/1 triple

8/14 FIRs 11/18 GIRs

29 putts (No 3 putts!)

I played my home course today and tied my best par 72 record at +5. I was driving the ball really well off the tee. I had two bad tee shots all day that cost me a penalty. That’s where the triple and double came in to play. I started the round at 6:40 AM. A lot of dew on the ground mixed in with it being wet from some rain yesterday made the rough really tough to hit out of. Not quite as bad as what we are seeing at Harding Park, but it was brutal. I had to go two clubs up once or twice just to try and get it to the green.

Overall, very happy with the round. 2 straight rounds breaking 80. Hoping to keep it up. 

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

+9 over for an 81 today.  39 on the front with a double when I chunked a 9 iron into the pond.  Backside, got on a bogey train and couldn't find my way off, shooting 42.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

That sucks, let the elbow heal properly and gettem next time

Thanks. I think today was my exit from tournament golf for a bit. Had to play and practice to get the game in shape it was not very enjoyable. When golf becomes like a job it is time to change some things. I am not playing again for a few days and looking forward to a little break or maybe a longer break if the elbow doesn’t bounce back quicker.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Thanks. I think today was my exit from tournament golf for a bit. Had to play and practice to get the game in shape it was not very enjoyable. When golf becomes like a job it is time to change some things. I am not playing again for a few days and looking forward to a little break or maybe a longer break if the elbow doesn’t bounce back quicker.

More Trap/Skeet

Rick

Left Hand, 

78 at a very tough course today. Though I will say it was set up to play far shorter than the 7080 yards listed on the card. Started par-bird-par (lip out bird on 3) and a chip in par save on #5 and a par after a water ball on #8. Hit a bogey string on the back, but no doubles for 38-40. I'm very pleased with my game this year considering I can only play about once a week.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Played 9 after what seemed like a looooong break .. heat, storm, house stuff.... but actually only about a week and a half.

Most tee shots were ok; most seconds were not so ok; and most short game and putting was ok. So a typical mixed bag??

I was, can I say?, easy 2 putting everything but there were a few first putts in there that I thought I might've had .. but just a tad too much break and/or tad too much speed. #8 had a solid 1 putt for a Birdie, but then gave it right back on #9 when I missed the second from 1 1/2 feet... D'OH.....

Finished +6 (Par 35) with reasonably clean round save for a 2-chip out of a bunker (bounced and rolled off the far side of the green) and that closing hole 3-putt.

Next time! (amiright people 🤪)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played today, but really, I have played awful the last few rounds. Putting has been horrible, there was a few holes that I didn't even touch the cup or came close.

I always said golf is a love / hate relationship, right now is on the Hate... drove the ball decent, irons were ok,  wedges were good, but putting HOLY COW.. what a s*** show. 

And the Par 5 i have completely gone on the butcher cycle, perfect position of the tee and just butcher the next shot. Need to take a break from Golf for a bit. Going the wrong direction after making good progress.

I know you guys don't know what am talking about.. 🤣

image.png.40ee22991a0bf6d130be3808276bab1d.png

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

More Trap/Skeet

For my son. I will stick to the pistol range until the arm feels better. Thinking the range time along with 13 rounds of golf in 15 days were a bit much for me.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

For my son. I will stick to the pistol range until the arm feels better. Thinking the range time along with 13 rounds of golf in 15 days were a bit much for me.

Yup, might have been pushing it a bit.

Rick

Left Hand, 

79 (37/42). Funny, I shot better on the front and hit one fairway! 2 birdies on the front, 2 doubles on the back. Ugh. Not awful, but should’ve been better.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Had one of those rounds where the score was not good, but I learned a lot and in my mind progress was made. I've been able to consistently miss right, instead of big two way misses. My home course can be very punishing to any misses, generally with left misses meaning you are hitting the ball into someones yard. Still had some right misses today, but made a minor adjustment to my driver (increase loft by one setting to slightly close the face) and that helped. Now I need to overcome the fear of hitting the ball left and not being afraid of it. 

Lag putting was great today. Changed the grip on my putter to more of the style I was used to in the past, one that is much larger in size than the Sense grip. That helped my distance control significantly.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Not a good round today.  Shot my 18 hole handicap on the front 9, then shot another 4 over par on the back for an 84.  Just struggled all day.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

... It is amazing how the first hole can set up the rest of your round. Playing into gusts of 20mph I wiped my tee shot and hit a tree, leaving me 210 to the pin instead of 140-110 which is normal depending on the wind. Just felt horrible hitting one of only 2 trees far right  on this easy opening hole with no fairway bunkers. Hit a great 4 iron under the limbs to the thick rough just short and left of the green and I felt much better. The ball was sitting down but not egregiously and I misjudged the thickness hitting a poor chip that came up 12 feet short and felt horrible again. Then I rolled in the 12 footer to save par and felt like anything was possible LOL. My back is still tight and I am not swinging freely the last couple of weeks so there were plenty more up and downs and I finished the front 1 under with a lone birdie on the most difficult hole. Played the back +1 and it was a grind from start to finish, but I thought the opening hole really set the tone for the round. Heading to #2 at +1 after playing an easy opening hole might have meant a different kind of day. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I shot a 45/43 88 and I'm not mad about it. First time in the 80's for a while. Best hole was the par 6 16th. Hit a small 230 yard drive right down the middle, chunked a 6 iron a whopping 70.5 yards then hit a perfect 3 hybrid 195 yards onto the green and 2 putted for par. The new swing is starting to come together.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My wife and I started out to play 18 but gave up after 15 because it was both slow, hot and humid. I ended up only booking the 45 on the front.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... It is amazing how the first hole can set up the rest of your round. 

Truth!  Our opening hole is a par 5 that is beyond my length to reach in two any more.  I hit my 3rd shot to 4 feet below the cup, leaving me an slight uphill putt with no break for the bird.  I missed the putt.  Although I wasn't mentally distraught over the miss, I never did play well the rest of the round.   Yesterday, I sunk my birdie putt and won a net skin on the hole.  Today, my handicap was one stroke lower than it was yesterday and I wouldn't have gotten a stroke there...although the birdie would have been nice to have, regardless, and maybe the rest of my round would have gone better!  (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

I had a fun three days of golf with some friends in central Illinois. Friday was Prairie Vista in Bloomington - pretty open course with some tough greens. Shot 82. Saturday was iron-only day at University of Illinois Orange Course. Perhaps a bad idea for that course at 6600+ yards from the most forward men's tees, but ended up with what felt like a good 88. Today was a muni in Jacksonville, IL. I sucked. Couldn't hit an iron, ended up with a 92 on a pretty easy course.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On my way back from MI golf trip. Saw all my buddies, ate & drank too much, and played 90 holes in five days. A couple scramble rounds, but did card an 89 at Arcadia Bluffs South Course, which included five three putts and a four putt!! Can you say “FAST”?!?123AE1EF-1977-45B0-A3CA-3C5A06FA7961.jpgIMG_8006.JPG

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

On 8/8/2020 at 5:07 PM, cksurfdude said:

Played 9 after what seemed like a looooong break .. heat, storm, house stuff.... but actually only about a week and a half.

Most tee shots were ok; most seconds were not so ok; and most short game and putting was ok. So a typical mixed bag??

I was, can I say?, easy 2 putting everything but there were a few first putts in there that I thought I might've had .. but just a tad too much break and/or tad too much speed. #8 had a solid 1 putt for a Birdie, but then gave it right back on #9 when I missed the second from 1 1/2 feet... D'OH.....

Finished +6 (Par 35) with reasonably clean round save for a 2-chip out of a bunker (bounced and rolled off the far side of the green) and that closing hole 3-putt.

Next time! (amiright people 🤪)

Quote from a Golf Channel analyst...  "With the right line and the right speed, the ball will go in the hole."   🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On my way back from MI golf trip. Saw all my buddies, ate & drank too much, and played 90 holes in five days. A couple scramble rounds, but did card an 89 at Arcadia Bluffs South Course, which included five three putts and a four putt!! Can you say “FAST”?!?123AE1EF-1977-45B0-A3CA-3C5A06FA7961.thumb.jpg.af14b9ed6f85afb7c53757065e162663.jpgIMG_8006.thumb.JPG.a628f1ffbbef73dbcd666712edb75f42.JPG

Nice! The Bluffs is amazing!

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart