Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Fairly decent weekend of golf for me.  Driver played a little better after I adjusted it from 10.5 to 9.5.  Saturday I managed to hit 5 iron shots catching the heel in the turf sending the ball left.  I had adjusted the lie angle to 2º flat a couple of years ago, but I'm thinking that maybe they moved a little back to standard.  Going to have them checked this week.  Short game was pretty good and helped me have a DOUBLE BOGEY FREE weekend.  So that's nice.

On Saturday my wife and I played with 2 guys; one a pretty good player and the other has been playing a month.  On the 1st tee I said, "Uh oh!!  Great guys and while the golf newbie hit a lot of bad shots, he hit a few good ones.  The best part was he played fast.  With as many shots as he took getting to the greens, we still had to wait on the group in front of us on nearly every hole.  I managed a 42/40 82; a round that had a lot of distractions.

On Sunday my wife and I played with a couple we usually play with a lot, but not in the last month or so.  A little better round for me at 41/37 for 78.  I managed only one birdie on hole #14, which was matched by my wife.  She also had two other birdies... I'm jealous.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

32 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Quote from a Golf Channel analyst...  "With the right line and the right speed, the ball will go in the hole."   🤣

That's hilarious! And soooo deeeep... 🤪

That's just like people who call themselves "market technicians" and make such meaningful pronouncements as... "If this stock holds support here at $N it could go higher." 🤷‍♂️

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

A not so good 79 yesterday..

1011215651_WillowLakes9Aug.png.a9804bf7670c54637e0f185601645db6.png

Got to the course an hour before my tee time and then waited out a 2 hour rain delay that definitely hurt the ball-striking, and my string of consecutive rounds without a 3-putt has been snapped...  Just never quite got into a rhythm. Drove it pretty well, but my ball-striking has been off too long, so I broke down and ordered a Planemate...tired of pulling the ball.  Should be here tomorrow.

Practice round with the wife on Tuesday, scramble on Friday, and 18 on Sunday...here's to a good week.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Hit 10 fairways on a pretty tight course, which for me is the highest in quite a while (took driver out of the bag and hit 8/12 3 woods with only one bad miss, and 2/2 irons), and complemented that with the worst short iron/wedge day in years for a middling 84 (9.9 differential). I had been dialed in with my irons and wedges all year and haven't been able to get off the tee to save my life. Fkng golf!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

We managed 16 today when the pro in our group said, “I see yellow popping up on my app - lets get somewhere safe.” The somewhere was my buddy’s house off the 15th tee with a bottle of Glenlevidt 18 in the bar.

As we drive our carts into his garage the rain started and lightning was jumping.
I had 68 for 16 holes.

Key was that I had the straight D7’s in play. Can’t wait for those forged bad boys. They have a touch more loft. According to my fitter more loft is good for me.

I hit lots of approach shots long today - that was cool - it include a 5 iron that went 180 with no helping wind.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

You got it, real nasty storm & light show in FL. Glad you got under cover.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Quote from a Golf Channel analyst...  "With the right line and the right speed, the ball will go in the hole."   🤣

Huh, who knew!

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 8/2/2020 at 8:18 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I actually played better without the mindset of pressing to score well

👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

This game is really getting up my nose!

Played a bounce game with 3 mates on Thursday shot a scratch 74, bit wayward with my driver but got a few breaks and some good shots.
Competition on Saturday drive was again all over the place but not so lucky with breaks, 3 lost balls and a horrendous 87. And handicap goes up by 0.1
Spent 1 hour on range then went out today, driving back in top gear to shoot 77 with a couple of sloppy 3 putts.

Can't seem to score when it counts, h/c on the rise and competitions running out to get to 5.4 before I'm 60!!!!

image.png.9315d4f5871852f58cd36eeef2cd4071.png

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Similar to the Golf Channel analyst:

Dave Marr Sr. many years ago on a telecast: “Boy that ball really slowed down as it lost speed.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

Invited to play in the Wolf game again this morning.  EARLY in the morning!!  We had a 6:15am tee time, and I live about 20 minutes away. It's darker then it was a few weeks ago at this time.  Got there at 5:50, and by the time I got the cart key and loaded my clubs, it was 6:10.  The guy who provides the free golf with a cart drives up in his cart and says the tee is open... Let's go!

No warmup, no putting and away we go!  The group does allow two balls off the tee, but I only needed one.  Hole #2 was my stinker... took a double, but had several pars and a birdie on the #6 par 3 playing 165y uphill.  I also had a birdie on the #13 par 3 playing 138y.  I was the BIG winner with 9 quarters,  🤣  but could have had a few more if my putting was better.  Just not used to those greens.  However, I managed to shoot 40/40 for an 80, low round of the group.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Another great 9 hole round this morning before work. Shot 35 (-1) for the 9 holes. Irons and ball striking were superb today. Hit 8/9 greens in regulation including two birdies. I did have a 3 putt bogey which I rushed the par putt, but all in all it was a great 9 holes. Such a beautiful morning here in Chicago for it!

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

49/46 for a 95. My front 9 was nothing special (as you can tell) but I started out the back 9 like gangbusters. Par/Birdie/Par then lipped out a par butt for bogey. I took another bogey on the next hole, a par 5, but then the wheels fell off. Honestly, I brought 2 huge bottles of water with me and as soon as I ran out my body just went to crap in the humidity. Took 4 penalties over the remaining 3 holes. 

I'm encouraged though for sure given how I made some adjustments during the round and it paid off on the back 9. Gotta start out better next time.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

42 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Does anyone else have an immediate panic attack after you hit a hosel-rocket?

I hit four of them in the first 4 holes yesterday (a couple chips, a couple full swings). As expected when the golf gods come calling, they were at the most inopportune time, resulting in a quad and triple on the two hardest holes on the front 9. I'm still not completely certain why it was happening (I suspect I was setting up a hair too close to the ball), but I finally stopped doing it by the 5th. I played pretty well the rest of the way, but the damage was done. The only real highlight was the 9th, a par 3 playing around 150. I stuck an 8 iron about 5 feet past the hole and made the putt for birdie. The tee was almost exactly on the line made by the pitch mark and flag, so I'm probably pretty lucky it didn't hit the flag.

1562853769_20200811_1825221.jpg.69b09e992ab6db2a24c8c2b3a19306b2.jpg

Jinxing myself now, but I dont think I have ever hit a hosel rocket. However, I have hit way too many atrocious shots off the toe though. And those bad toe shots are just as bad as a hosel rocket. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

4 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

This has been the hardest year for me to gauge my game since I began playing about 20 years ago.

First an elbow injury that put me on the shelf for 6-7 weeks, and the entire the entire covid situation limited both my play and practice.

The biggest factor however was just not being able to concentrate or even enjoy the few rounds I did get to play because my mom had gotten really sick just after the holidays. I live 700 miles away from my family, and I was back and forth for weeks at a time trying to do what I could to help her, and be of assistance to my two sisters.

God finally took her 2 weeks ago, and yesterday was the first day I felt up to posting again. I’m stuck up here on Long Island until Sunday because of the quarantine travel ban  thing between SC and NY without my clubs, because I had no desire to bring them or play.

Each day I feel a little better, and am just starting to feel an urge to really start playing again when I get back home. I’ll probably dive in head first, playing even more than I normally would, just in an attempt to keep my mind occupied.

Why am I telling all of you this?

In a way it’s to thank you. This place is wonderful, and I appreciate the friendly way everyone here interacts with others. So many other sites are very different. I told you I hadn’t posted in a while, but I can’t tell you how many nights the last few weeks I’ve read this thread and the what are you buying one. They helped take my mind off things and even gave me a few smiles during a very hard time.

Thanks for that. 👍

Glad you're back in the saddle partner.......     

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

19 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

This has been the hardest year for me to gauge my game since I began playing about 20 years ago.

First an elbow injury that put me on the shelf for 6-7 weeks, and the entire the entire covid situation limited both my play and practice.

The biggest factor however was just not being able to concentrate or even enjoy the few rounds I did get to play because my mom had gotten really sick just after the holidays. I live 700 miles away from my family, and I was back and forth for weeks at a time trying to do what I could to help her, and be of assistance to my two sisters.

God finally took her 2 weeks ago, and yesterday was the first day I felt up to posting again. I’m stuck up here on Long Island until Sunday because of the quarantine travel ban  thing between SC and NY without my clubs, because I had no desire to bring them or play.

Each day I feel a little better, and am just starting to feel an urge to really start playing again when I get back home. I’ll probably dive in head first, playing even more than I normally would, just in an attempt to keep my mind occupied.

Why am I telling all of you this?

In a way it’s to thank you. This place is wonderful, and I appreciate the friendly way everyone here interacts with others. So many other sites are very different. I told you I hadn’t posted in a while, but I can’t tell you how many nights the last few weeks I’ve read this thread and the what are you buying one. They helped take my mind off things and even gave me a few smiles during a very hard time.

Thanks for that. 👍

Godspeed Grand Stranded

I'll be watching for your next posts.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Call the press!  No double bogeys!  But, I did 3 putt on 2 holes (one of which was a around the cup lip out).

78 for the day.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

20 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Played the most difficult but also nicest course I've every played this morning, Tobiano (near Kamloops, BC). The tees we played were rated 70.3/131, with a total distance of 6295 yards -  course handicap for me is a 24. After double bogeys on the first 3 holes I got on a run, with 4 pars in a row, followed up with a birdie on the toughest-rated hole on the course, and made the turn with a 43. Unfortunately we were rushed at the turn, and It took me way too long to get settled down again, and ended up with 10 penalty strokes on the round (7 after the turn). I shot 56 on the back 9 for a total of 99 (net +3). Disappointed for what could have been, as I thought it might have been my day to finally break 90, but still very happy with the round, and enjoyed an incredible course. I hit 54% of fairways and 28% GIRS, both well above average for me.

And thanks to all my practice with the EXPUTT, my lag putting was excellent. There was only one occasion where my first putt didn't stop within 8 feet of the pin.

Here's a few photos from the round:

Warming up on the fully stocked range

IMG_2213.jpg.9ba2d06fb2ecd2576058825f615d235e.jpg

Sweeping views from every tee box

IMG_2198.JPG.e354de0963288b5f9d5789db2ca91591.JPG

Hole 7 - a 149-yard par 3 into a green that has very little margin for error. 10 yards short or long and your ball is in one of the canyons. I managed to get a GIR and make par.

IMG_2211.JPG.748e341cfab3bda0fef3f6e51b6b606a.JPG

And finally, a shot of me teeing off on the 18th hole.

46d4e71e-90b4-4ec4-9805-42844759ba3d.JPG.45c56a794ba1e0053a555ac0c79f2c1b.JPG

That looks to be a sinister course☠️

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

On 7/27/2020 at 5:55 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I just went outside working with the Planemate and I thought I'd give you an idea of how slow my my backswing is. I took a swing at my old pace and counted, to five, as I was going back. My new tempo is closer to the step change rhythm while doing SuperSpeed, something around 2.5 - 3  to 1. I think I was horribly out of sequence, causing a bad case of the lefts. If I can, I'll post up a video to give you an idea of how it looks. 

Two random thoughts for you to ponder... just remember I’m about as far from a PGA professional as anyone can be.

1. I’m a firm believer that a persons personality has a lot to do with the tempo of their golf swing. For example, I do everything fast. Walk, talk, etc. my swing has a pretty quick tempo. Whenever I’m between clubs, I’d rather swing harder with the more lofted club than slow down my swing or choke down on a stronger lofted one.  My brain doesn’t allow me todo anything other than decel in most cases when I try to change. Try to swing more to your “personality” if that makes sense.

2. A great drill for you might be just laying a cardboard box one of your clubs came in just outside where your ball would be. Just try to make half swings at first, and not hitting the box on your downswing. Then go to a full swing when you feel comfortable, and finally do it with a ball in place on the ground parallel to the box.

Good luck, and keep plugging. As much as you love the game, I just know there’s a single digit player inside you....

EDIT as I continue to read on in the thread, I see much better players than myself offering advice. Move my little missive here to the back of the line, 😝 and again, keep plugging. You got this.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:         :ping-small:   G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:     :ping-small:   G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

:callaway-small:      Paradym  21*

Hybrids:      :callaway-small:      Rogue ST Max OS  24* 

Irons:          :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Halo 6-DW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small:  CBX Zipcore 54-12

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:        :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

:OnCore: Elixir 

:1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5 14 way Black

Played my worst round in probably 2 months last night... a combination of terrible iron play, bad course management, and plain bad luck... playing a short par 3 course on Friday to focus on ball striking... scramble on Sunday so I just need to hit a decent shot once in a while

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Two random thoughts for you to ponder... just remember I’m about as far from a PGA professional as anyone can be.

1. I’m a firm believer that a persons personality has a lot to do with the tempo of their golf swing. For example, I do everything fast. Walk, talk, etc. my swing has a pretty quick tempo. Whenever I’m between clubs, I’d rather swing harder with the more lofted club than slow down my swing or choke down on a stronger lofted one.  My brain doesn’t allow me todo anything other than decel in most cases when I try to change. Try to swing more to your “personality” if that makes sense.

2. A great drill for you might be just laying a cardboard box one of your clubs came in just outside where your ball would be. Just try to make half swings at first, and not hitting the box on your downswing. Then go to a full swing when you feel comfortable, and finally do it with a ball in place on the ground parallel to the box.

Good luck, and keep plugging. As much as you love the game, I just know there’s a single digit player inside you....

EDIT as I continue to read on in the thread, I see much better players than myself offering advice. Move my little missive here to the back of the line, 😝 and again, keep plugging. You got this.

My handicap is hovering around a 20 right now, so you qualify as a better player in my book. I'll give the box drill a try and see if it can keep me away from the shanks, I really appreciate your advice! 

29 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Played my best ever round today. Shot a 91, I left a bunch of shots out there and could have easily broke 90. First 9 was great bogey or par on nearly every hole the back 9 was not a lot of shots worse only 5 worse but it was a lot slower. The pace was great on the front the back I stood around a lot and I was walking in 92° heat. I also had to take my shoes off due to having socks tear and that caused my heels to blister. Taking shoes off caused me to lose 10 yards or so on every club which made scoring tougher. It was a good birthday though and shooting my best round made it a good day.

Awesome round! I hate you had an issue with blisters, I would have loved seeing you in the 80's. Keep at it and I'm positive you'll be there soon!

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

My handicap is hovering around a 20 right now, so you qualify as a better player in my book. I'll give the box drill a try and see if it can keep me away from the shanks, I really appreciate your advice! 

Awesome round! I hate you had an issue with blisters, I would have loved seeing you in the 80's. Keep at it and I'm positive you'll be there soon!

Yea it was rough going barefoot I couldn't stop sliding. This is why I put the Ecco bioms on the shelf and I forgot why I stopped wearing them. I can golf sockless in the Footjoy without issue wish I had worn them, but I wanted to see if the bioms would be good for walking and that's a NO! I was drilling my 3w 250 today and shoeless I couldn't get above 230. That means a lot of shots with my 4i which I hit well but I was turning it right to left more than I was hitting my normal left to right.

Played my best ever round today. Shot a 91, I left a bunch of shots out there and could have easily broke 90. First 9 was great bogey or par on nearly every hole the back 9 was not a lot of shots worse only 5 worse but it was a lot slower. The pace was great on the front the back I stood around a lot and I was walking in 92° heat. I also had to take my shoes off due to having socks tear and that caused my heels to blister. Taking shoes off caused me to lose 10 yards or so on every club which made scoring tougher. It was a good birthday though and shooting my best round made it a good day.

Birthday!! It’s your Birthday!!
Well Happy Birthday

Rick

Left Hand, 

Horrendous morning, everything was great except my game. 3 Pars, 6 Bogie’s. Couldn’t putt to save my life.
Got a little thrown off at the start but didn’t affect the game. Two of the guys in the group in front of us were late getting to Start. They had presidential political decals and signs all over the carts. One of the guys was definitely looking for a comment or anything from us. We just do our thing. My views and my friends views are our own.

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

And those bad toe shots are just as bad as a hosel rocket. 

Unless you are talking about almost missing the ball entirely and hitting it off the end of the blade, I disagree with you. Hosel rockets are very unsettling, imo. Up until a couple years ago, I had never done it either. I'll take a miss off the toe any day. If you are talking about hitting the ball with the very end of the blade so it shoots off at a brutal angle, I've never done that, so maybe it is just as bad.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Unless you are talking about almost missing the ball entirely and hitting it off the end of the blade, I disagree with you. Hosel rockets are very unsettling, imo. Up until a couple years ago, I had never done it either. I'll take a miss off the toe any day. If you are talking about hitting the ball with the very end of the blade so it shoots off at a brutal angle, I've never done that, so maybe it is just as bad.

I have hit a few so far off the toe that it mimics a hosel rocket, just not as hot. Like it won't kill someone you hit them.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4