Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Very excited for the upcoming week will get out for the normal 9 in the morning Thursday but also Friday. On top of that playing a course Saturday I have not played in many years. Last time I played it I was just getting really into golf and was swinging.....graphite shafted clubs....can not wait to play it!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Went out to play this weekend at Carmel Valley Ranch Golf Course. It was suppose to be a getaway from the heat at my house, but alas, it was not to be. Started the round with temps around 95 with no wind...I don't like heat. Luckily a slight breezed kicked up around the 10th hole that made the back nine much more palatable and the scores proved it. 

I had a goal in mind to actually try and play this course "Smart" and not just bomb driver all day since this course is pretty relatively short. It started off fine until I dunked 2 balls in the water on the 4th hole en route to a !9!!!. Ouch. But followed that hole up with a great par save, then Birdie, Birdie. Had some confidence back so pulled driver on a hole that only needed hybrid off the tee. Stepped up to the tee which they had tucked on the far right side of the tee box with a tree looming right where I wanted to aim. Still I said "Nah, I can cut it around that...8 sec later my ball was landing inside some tennis courts (luckily nobody was playing on them due to the heat) and I re-teed up with my hybrid as I should have an pared the 2nd ball for a double bogey 6 giving my birdies right back..Grr.. After that I stuck to my plan and it worked out great. Went 2 under from that point on and finished the day with a 75. Was pretty happy I was able to stay in the game after the 9 and claw back to a decent round! Might have to try playing smarter more often! 

Here is a spreadsheet I was working on while playing (re-typed it after the round) so I can hone in on what needs work. 

Carmel Valley Golf Course.png

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Friday I played 2-9 hole rounds at a par 3 course... shot +2 and +4

Sunday I played in a scramble... we shot -4 with some pretty ugly golf mixed in.

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Picked up a mint PXG Gen 2 0811X with an Accra shaft from 2nd swing, traded in my F8 and a few other club that were just sitting around and cost less than $100 out of my pocket! Been really happy with the performance and adjustability so far. Seemed to have picked up a few yards and the accuracy has been great! I was able to get on trackman with it and the spin was way down compared to my Cobra F8. 

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

74  39/35

1 birdie / 14 pars / 1 bogey / 2 doubles

I went out and played one of the shortest and easier courses around the area at Highlands Golf Course in downtown Bham. Par 70 with the back 9 at a par 34. The shortest par 5 was 465 and hole 1, playing as a par 4, was 270 down the hill to the flag. The only problem was that it was pouring down rain and stayed that way for 12 of the 18 holes. I was pretty happy that I only had 2 clubs go flying and 2 swings end with the club stuck in the ground. I had my driver going, at least with 3/4 swings, to prevent from it twisting in my hand or slipping out of my hand. 

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

My golf game is slooooowly improving but my mental game is s***.

Wife and I played a short 9 and as soon as our playing partner commented, "Man these guys in front of us are slow! - this is taking a long time!" .. I seemed to totally lose my "golfing mind" and ability to focus on a shot.

Could not reset and did not have as much fun out there as I really should have.

We're playing two more times this week so I'd better get into...... "Be the ball" 😁

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played the back 9 with my wife tonight and did better than Sunday - ended up with a 42 . Had a nice birdie on a 155 yd. par 3.
IMG_5687.thumb.JPG.2289c07dc3c9085032a5c2dfa10311f6.JPG
IMG_5688.thumb.JPG.9a4a37f1dfc24f42b3613010641ee004.JPGIMG_5689.thumb.JPG.1985a387cf59c522350ab3dd6a819c14.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Greens look to be in great shape!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played Saturday with our head pro and came up one shy with a 71 to his 70, damn double on 11 cost me. Played 14 holes Sunday in the rain until I decided I really hate golf in the rain and put up a nice 73 today at Cape May National off the back tees.

I put the Epic Flash Sub Zero back in the bag Saturday morning and was not aware of how many yards I was just leaving on the table. Easily 12 to 14 yards longer than my PXG and Titleist and really not any less forgiving. Proof that new or different is not always better.

Galloway National tomorrow if the weather holds and then AC Country Club on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

+1 after 3 for a 51 on 9...

First 4 holes hit the driver pure then couldnt keep the ball in play off the tee

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So close to a really good 9 last night, but a couple bad breaks and a mental lapse caused problems. I was +2 after 6 holes, with a double on a par 3. I missed the green right and the ball came to rest under a tree, so I had to punch, land in the rough and hope for a good bounce. It bounced too soft and trickled onto the green leaving about a 50' putt down hill, which I 3-putted. I finished the last 3 holes bogey, double, bogey for a +6 42. The second double was also a par 3. I didn't miss the green by much, but a downhill bounce away from the green left the ball nestled against a tree between 2 roots. A coupe sad efforts finally had me clear of the trees, but not yet on the green. I nearly chipped in for bogey. The mental lapse was dumb. After a nice drive, I had a partial gap wedge left, but I was so focused on how much of a swing to put on it, I did not do my usual final trigger move prior to starting my swing (that and I think I was set up too close to the ball) - hosel rocket that skipped off the cart path leaving me a third that was almost as long as the second from near the next tee.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Played in league last night and decided I wasn't going to hold back with driver.  Had wedges into most greens and hit 4/7 fairways with the 3 misses being only a step or two into the rough.  I now know that I need to improve my wedge game.  Made a triple on a par 3 after getting stuck under a tree after an awful tee shot.  More range time/ course time coming on Saturday.  Determined to play well more than once this year

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

So yesterday was my “return” to golf. It’s been a rough time the last few weeks, for reasons I talked about last week. So how did it go?

Well, to start off, I overslept and had to rush to make my tee time in our Tuesday members league. 😳 Took a couple of air swings on the first tee, and my first actual swing was a drive right down the middle. Misclubbed my second shot and came up short, but got up and down for par. Yay!

Missed a 18 inch putt on two, and didn’t really hit a solid iron shot until the 7th hole. Then something clicked and I hit the ball as well as I can the rest of the round. There were some mistakes around the green, and I got a little over my skis at times, trying shots I really shouldn’t have. I pulled a few of them off, but the ones I didn’t led to a case of double bogey-itis. My putting wasn’t bad, but I missed quite a few birdie putts, which would’ve made up for some of those dumb decisions.

Long story short, I shot a 43-41 for an 84. I was really happy with the way I played overall, although doubling the last holes of each 9 was a bit deflating. I went into the round with low expectations, and as is often the case when I do that, I shot a surprisingly good score first time back.

The forecast doesn’t look great the rest of the week, but I’m hoping to play again tomorrow with some neighbors, and Friday with a really competitive travel group. It’s feels great to look forward to golf again!

Driver:         :ping-small:   G425 Max 10.5* 

Fairway:     :ping-small:   G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

:callaway-small:      Paradym  21*

Hybrids:      :callaway-small:      Rogue ST Max OS  24* 

Irons:          :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Halo 6-DW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small:  CBX Zipcore 54-12

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:        :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

:OnCore: Elixir 

:1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5 14 way Black

So, after shooting +1 over my handicap over a 3 day tournament, I went out today and shot 10 over the same handicap in one day!  Just felt out of sync and sorts all day.  Ball striking was awful from driving to chipping.  Didn't make a par until #9.  An "oh well" 88 posted.  Better days ahead!  Of course, my playing partner wasn't thrilled with my play either as we were routed in our weekly game of high/low ball.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Early morning Humid 9. Watched the thunderstorms work their way all around us but we didn’t get a drop.
Course was a bit sloppy w restrictions from rain last 3 days.
Driver was not co-operating that well today but irons were looking good.
Shot a 42 w one birdie and one dbl bogie. Fun morning

Rick

Left Hand, 

Got rained out so decided to freshen up an old 60* wedge to put into play - changed the grip, sharpened the grooves and smoothed out some nicks on the face and leading edge.

So this thing better be nice to me now... 😅😂🤣

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

It's been about a month but the trend line for this year continues. 

This week it was 46 in league  after dumping 2 into the water on the 3rd hole. I ended up taking a 9 which effectively took me out of the match as my opponent decided it was his day to shoot 5 under his handicap

Sunday wrapped up the club championship tournament. Day one was a disaster with a 9 on the same hole, a 50 total on the front followed by a 49 on the back. . Day two I was striking the ball a lot more consistent, but my putting decided not to show up. Ended up with a 91 including a rash of 3 putts and even a 4 putt. 

Two days before the tournament I shot a 39 back nine 

Basically, my season has been two weeks of progress followed by failure then a fluke round followed by more failure. Repeat.

Speaking of fluke:  Did I mention I double hit a chip perfectly into a hole for a skin? Most random shot I can recall in a long time.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I was the token Male in a foursome today.  Couple of days ago, my wife asked is I wanted to play on Thursday; we don't normally play on Thursday.  OK, sounds like fun.  I didn't know that we would also be playing with two ladies from my wife's Ladies League.  They sure chatter a lot.  Do they do that every week when they play?  Apparently.

Got off to a slow start... 42, but I did birdie the par 5 #9 hole.  The back nine was better.  I lipped out a 10 foot birdie putt on #10, a hole I need for the 2020 Birdie Challenge.  Rats!  Missed makable birdie putts on #12, 13, 14.  Finished with a 37 and a round of 79.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got a rare 18 hole round in yesterday afternoon with @MDGolfHacker   It was my 2nd round with the "Callaway Bag"  MAVRIK Irons, MAVRIK Sub Zero Driver and MD5 wedges.

One of those cases where overall I hit the ball pretty well, but score didn't reflect it.  Had two big blowup holes on Par 5's  A 10 on one and 7 on the others.  Shot 50/51.   But despite that, I hit 12/14 fairways with the driver,  but due to an extremely wet course that was offering no roll and several tee boxes that were pushed back.   I didn't get to hit many irons in, mostly fairway woods.   But the the par 3's where I did hit the irons they were very solid.

Putting was tough as the greens had just been aerated earlier that day, and were sanded.   Big difference in front and back nine putting because of the day difference in aeration.  One side was Tuesday the other was yesterday. 

The solid ball play of the irons was encouraging as the lessons I've been taking for about 4 weeks are starting to show some improvement in the things I've been working on.

This picture really doesn't do the shots justice, and remember the greens had just been aerated that day.  Which actually they played pretty good considering.  The biggest issue was ther balls would pick up a lot of sand, having come out of the fairways which were a bit damp from a lot of rain the previous days.

MDGolfHacker and CG2 Throwing Darts!!  His weapon of choice a Mizzuno MP 20 8 iron, mine MAVRIK 6 iron.

SouthWest Pic.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Today was our monthly Senior Club Scramble.  They set it up with 3 flights, rather than the usual A,B,C,D player scenario,  Our group was myself at a 6, another at 1, another at 5 and a 14 handicap player.  We had 13 birdies to come in with a gross 59.  Seniors only play net games, so we didn't have a lot of handicap and I haven't seen the results yet, but ... who knows....  Anyway, I hit some real stinkers because I was swinging harder than normal (darn scramble mentality) and I hit some really nice shots.  My putter was solid and I drained quite a few.  All in all, a fun day, regardless of how we fared.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Like Garbage. With a week of rain everyday all courses are wet/sloppy and this morning was no exception. I can’t blame the conditions on my bad ball striking though. All 4 of us played bad, cart path only doesn’t help us old guys.
Did putt relatively well even with the recent aeration.
Didn’t keep score, probably embarrassing.

Rick

Left Hand, 

39-36 75

I switched to a 10 finger grip on drives and any long shot around the 6th hole - I may just go through the bag with it for a while. Why not?

It’s what I started with before I “knew better.”

All I know was 1 over from there, no missed fairways (I had missed 1 and needed a great short game to keep my alive before that.). When I hit my drive on 18 my playing partner said, “Oh that again.”

A medium high 5 yard draw, straight at the target. The right chimney of the clubhouse. That ended up with a look at 12 footer for birdie. Every approach on the back was either hole high or past

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

39-36 75

I switched to a 10 finger grip on drives and any long shot around the 6th hole - I may just go through the bag with it for a while. Why not?

All I know was 1 over from there, no missed fairways (I had missed 1 and needed a great short game to keep my alive before that.). When I hit my drive on 18 my playing partner said, “Oh that again.”

A medium high 5 yard draw, straight at the target. The right chimney of the clubhouse. That ended up with a look at 12 footer for birdie. Every approach on the back was either hole high or past

Well....did you make the bird?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Well, although we took low gross with our 59 in the scramble I mentioned in my last post, we were edged out of the net victory by over 2 strokes.  We took 2nd for the flight and our low gross over all 3 flights was meaningless (points).

EDIT:  Major correction updated in email.  We did, indeed, win!  Guess the person calculating net scores erred.

... Got paired up with some guys I have been paired up with a couple times this summer at 3:35 so grabbed the time hoping it was them. It was. On 17 after struggling most of the day "Blaze" says let's do closest to the pin for $5! You have to be on the green AND make par." We were all in and 2 missed the green and one had a 30 footer for par. I hit an 8 iron from 157 that hit 2 feet past a back right flag and the $15 was as good as in my pocket. We get up to the green and I am 8 feet away but on the fringe by 1" LOL. Jay rolls his putt leaving it 1.5 feet short so very makable but his friends were razing him after I rolled in my putt for birdie and he was a little nervous. He hit it dead center for par. 

...  I missed the cup by 2 feet and made an 8 footer for birdie and still lost $5. It was fun and money well spent. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, revkev said:

39-36 75

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Well....did you make the bird?emoji16.png

If it was past hole high, I say no.  I remember being above the hole at Rev's course!!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played a quick 18 today at a 9 hole executive course that’s just up the road. It’s a decent little course to play quickly...I got in 18 in 2 hours and 10 minutes and that was hitting multiple balls on some shots for Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge testing.

I was 5 over on the first 9 and made the turn to the first hole to start my back 9. It’s a 143 yard par 3...as I’m getting ready to hit a cart with 2 young guys pulls up to play their first hole......I take a couple of practice swings and the hit a smooth 8 iron that has a 5 yard draw and it’s tracking right at the flag.....just before it lands one of the guys behind me yells “ GET IN THE HOLE!” So loud it actually made me jump..lol

The ball lands takes a bounce then we hear it hit the pin...but it doesn’t drop ☹️...the guy that yelled says great shot but you got robbed...let us know how close it is.

I drive up to the hole to find me ball sitting less than 2 inches dead in front of the cup
I hold up my fingers 2 inches apart and show the guys on the tee box and he yells back...wow dude that sucks!

I tapped in for birdie, parred the second, drained a 10 footer for birdie on 3, parred 4, bogeyed 5 and the realized I was even par through 5....so I doubled 6, bogeyed 7 and 8 but rallied with a birdie on 9 to shot 3 over on that 9 for an 8 over round.....I should have never looked at the card

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Well....did you make the bird?

No - shot 75 without a birdie - 3 bogeys on the front for 39. All pars on the back. Hit it really well on the back, had lots of great looks, also didn’t leave a single approach shot short of hole high.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Double on the front 9, double on the back 9 .... 80