MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Just now, PMookie said:

78 (41/37), at Butterfield Trail in El Paso. I hit four greens on the front, 8 on the back! Four fairways on each side, and 2 three-putts on the back. I missed birdie on 18 from 6 feet, but I did have three birdies overall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WAY TO GO out there may man!!!

• Like 3

Finally was able to get out and play today - we have SO much rain I thought I might never get out. I played at Lincoln Park Golf Course (West) - the fairways were a bit wet but the greens were in really great shape and were running pretty quick all things considered. BUT the pace of play was SLOW. It was a beautiful day so it was to be expected. I shot a good score (3 under 68) but it felt like I played poorly. I hit a lot of greens but not necessarily close to the hole. Here are my stats: 

FIR: 9/13

GIR: 17/18

Putts: 31 (I haven't had this many putts in a really long time - just could not seem to get speed right today. I had one three putt - I hit the green but I had 60+ feet with tremendous slope and I just didn't do a good enough job.)

It was a weird day. I never felt like I had control of my golf ball. I am considering doing iBlade 7-PW in the Power Spec instead of i500 - I just feel like I'm leaving some control on the table but we'll see. On a good note, my Ping G410 Crossover is amazing - long and so easy to hit. 

• Like 5

Put my glasses back on and shot a 75. Using my “new swing”, of feet closer together and arms tighter to body on back swing. I seem to change my swing every round...😬

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

My partner and I won in Men's League Match Play last night - but it was horrible play. We had a thunderstorm roll through just before the start - so play was delayed 1/2 hr. We've had so much rain here in the past month that you could probably lose a lawn tractor in the rough. Fairways were soaked and in some places standing water. Spent most of our time looking for lost balls in the rough and it was cart path only. I was whipped when I got home ( I had played 9 before league) . .  

• Like 7

Shot a 40/46:86 today with one birdie and a 253 yd drive on the first par 5. Played the whole round with one ball, almost lost it on #18. 9/14 FIRs 4/18 GIRs and only 29 putts. Really getting to like the Impact No. 3 putter.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8
  • Love 1

50/45 95 at East Lake Woodlands on Saturday. A bit frustrated with only 3/14 fairways but still good enough for a tie for 8th place in a 40 man league round.

• Like 3

Played in 3-day tournament this weekend. First day was great - tied my lowest score ever. 2nd day: #3 score 8, #4 score 9, #5 tee shot in the creek (I wanted to cry) . . . paused and called my son for a pep me up. Told me to quit trying so hard and have fun. And to remember that blowup holes can happen at the front of the round too so just chalk it up to that. I managed to immediately turned my game around.

I know a lot of golf is a head game and I can pep other people up. So why can't I turn my focus back around on my own?

A couple of years ago my son recommended two golf head books that were a great help. "Extraordinary Golf - The Art of Possible"  and "Extraordinary Putting - Transforming the Whole Game". Both gave me things to think about to help calm my mind when playing.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

Played in a 3-day tournament this past weekend. First day was great, tied my lowest score ever. 2nd day: #3 score 8, #4 score 9, #5 tee shot in the creek (I wanted to cry) . . . paused to call my son to request a quick 2 minute pep talk on walk to #5 to putt. Worked. Immediately turned my game around.

I know a lot of golf is a head game and I can pep other people up. So why can't I turn my focus back around on my own?

nerves?

fear of failure?

fear of success?

focusing on the negative outcomes rather than the positives?

Treat every comp as a bounce game and you wont go far wrong!

• Like 3

It was only 9 holes but I had my first "good" round with my Cobra F9's last night.  Shot a 39 in league play.  Previous best with the Cobras was a 44 so it was a nice improvement.

Apparently all I had to do was try to relax my shoulders on the tee box and then go for the center of the green rather than pin hunt on approach shots.  Who knew?  😅

• Like 6

Played at the club today and shot a 90, but what could have been! I'm just killing my irons right now...I have to take a club less, which I'm ecstatic about. Best shot was on the #12 par 3. Hit a 184 yard 4 iron to 7 feet and holed the putt for a birdie.

My experiment with a longer reach for my driver has come to an end as I was just spraying it left and right until #18. I said bugger it and went back to my old swing and drilled it straight down the guts, so I'll stick with the more upright swing from now on.

• Like 8

Had some ups and downs in my golf league round yesterday.  Doubled my second hole followed by 3 bogeys before turning it around and closing out with 2 nice birdies.  Short game contact is really good;  need to start working on dialing in distances and expected roll so I can get the ball closer and turn the doubles into bogeys and singles into pars. 

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Apparently all I had to do was try to relax my shoulders on the tee box and then go for the center of the green rather than pin hunt on approach shots.  Who knew?  😅

Oh yeah... Golf really is that easy... 😆🤣

Congrats on your 9 hole PB!

• Like 2

Played in our regular Saturday game today, shooting 42/44:86 with 2 birdies. #12 135 yd Par 3 found my drive pivoting on a pile of sand just next to the edge of the bunker. My bunker shot was hindered by the high edge but I pulled my 57* wedge and tried to position myself so I could hit down on the ball. Well, it popped out of the bunker onto the green, bounced once, hitting the pin then dropped into the hole for a Birdie!...very dramatic to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Played a quick 9 without any warm-up on the range, but I did have time to work on putting a bit before hand. Driver was fair to me all day but I only had 2 GIR out of 6 possible with it. The other 4 were long but just off and super playable. Took me a bit to warm up the FW's and I suffered a bit with bad approach shots. Putting was pretty "OK" though I didn't make anything longer than the one 12-footer for my only par at #5 which is a par-5. Wound up with an average-for-me 48.

• Like 5

First full round today since tweaking my knee. Went into it with limited goals. Mainly not to rehurt myself. Misson accomplished!
Posted 89 today and played well for the most part. 3 bad holes really hurt but it was great to be back out and not playing in rain or mud for once. It was sunny and mid 80s today.
Our league major is in 3 weeks so I gotta get back ready for it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

8/14 fir

13/18 gir

33 putts

In what is becoming normal now I can’t get a putt to fall. No bad putts just not dropping. Had 3 roll past on high side only to finish 6” behind hole on low side. Frustrating. Also lost a ball on second hole. Rough is growing so fast the mowers can’t keep up. 

• Like 9

89 (48/41, 88 ESC) with 31 putts at the course I know best on this island. The whole round was a grind, but I finished with a birdie so I was happy about that!

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

In what is becoming normal now I can’t get a putt to fall. No bad putts just not dropping

I hear that... but as you know, there will be days when they are dropping. Just keep on giving yourself good rolls. But it does drive ya crazy sometimes eh?

Edited by Sluggo42
  • Like 6

Played quarter finals in clubs match play championship. Shot 79 to win 2&1 !!!

• Like 8

Today’s round

44/40 for a 84

4/14 FIR

3/18 GIR

27 putts

This is my lowest number of putts over 18 holes in my golfing career! I went back to the Scotty 5w from a couple years ago and have never had this much confidence with the flat stick.

Fairways could have been better but unfortunately as soon as I got a feel for the new m3 driver the old shaft broke on me. Got a new one coming and should be here this week!

As far as GIR go I couldn’t fit my irons today to save my life. Good thing I put in an app for the Lynx Prowler VT’s! 🤣

I have a feeling that par for 9 holes is in reach this year!

• Like 8