MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

Nice shootin! 

Thanks!!! The other goofy thing was I went out stone dead cold. No warm-up, no nuthin'. Just tee-it-up and go...probably explains the 8 on #1...😬...er, no it doesn't I just flogged that one to death...Probably changed some weather patterns with my ugly windmill effect..!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

7/14 fir

9/18 gir

27 putts

Took 9 1/2 holes to figure out which end of the club to hold. Only hit 2 greens on front 9. Short game and putting saved what could have been an ugly score. Crazy a$$ game we play. 

Still, in all a great round my Man! 73 is nothing to sneeze at!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Played at Westwood Park Golf Course in Norman, OK today with my son - just a beautiful day. I had a really great warm up and I've been playing really well as of late but man I just couldn't hit my driver today for the first 13 holes or so. Fortunately it is not a long course at all so I could get around with 3 wood or 2 Crossover. It was weird today I hit a lot of marginal iron shots today that turned out better than I deserved and I thought "I sure am glad I have the irons I do" - I need the forgiveness! 

FIR: 6/12

GIR: 13/18

Putts: 28

67 (3 under)

Sometimes I find one just has to can the driver into the penalty box and swallow some pride. A very hard thing for me to learn especially when my dumb ego gets in the way...🙄 Glad you fellas had a great day out there together. Don't worry. Driver will be back I am most assured-Cheers!

• Like 1

This about summed up my round yesterday...

c119f8c67c6cb8718dc97dbaaa925099.jpg

Just couldn't get off the tee at all, which led to a lot of positional shots. I'm going to book a driver lesson because it's getting stupid.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Rained out after 12 holes yesterday......horrible front, better back. Drying out my equipment today.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, MattF said:

This about summed up my round yesterday...

c119f8c67c6cb8718dc97dbaaa925099.jpg

Just couldn't get off the tee at all, which led to a lot of positional shots. I'm going to book a driver lesson because it's getting stupid.

...LOL, so true. We have all been there done that. And a lesson is always a good idea.

... But those pictures remind of why I stopped using video for students that hit the ball pretty well but just needed some fine tuning, myself included. It is so tempting to take an Arnie "swing your swing" that doesn't look like you think it does and agonize over positions or how it looks overall, only to lose the things that work well trying to change it. Don't get me wrong, video is very valuable and many people can learn a lot from it. But the flip side are those that want their swing to be the very best they can be and chase aesthetics, not results. After all the camera hates Furyk, JB Holmes, Kuchar and Matsuyama but the scorecard doesn't care. 

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, chisag said:

...LOL, so true. We have all been there done that. And a lesson is always a good idea.

... But those pictures remind of why I stopped using video for students that hit the ball pretty well but just needed some fine tuning, myself included. It is so tempting to take an Arnie "swing your swing" that doesn't look like you think it does and agonize over positions or how it looks overall, only to lose the things that work well trying to change it. Don't get me wrong, video is very valuable and many people can learn a lot from it. But the flip side are those that want their swing to be the very best they can be and chase aesthetics, not results. After all the camera hates Furyk, JB Holmes, Kuchar and Matsuyama but the scorecard doesn't care. 

Thanks mate. I'm a results guy so I really don't care what my swing looks like. It seems to me that I'm just leaving the driver face open but a lesson will confirm my suspicions or point me in another direction.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MattF said:

Thanks mate. I'm a results guy so I really don't care what my swing looks like. It seems to me that I'm just leaving the driver face open but a lesson will confirm my suspicions or point me in another direction.

Grip maybe? Man if I relapse even a little, to a weaker grip without knowing it, I'll slice across the ball like gangbusters. It always seems that so long as I concentrate on building that strong grip during my pre-shot routine, better results happen more often than not. If I don't, then I turn instantly into the latest Batman Villain..: "The Swiper" (insert evil laugh here)

• Like 4

First round with the new 765s in the bag and I really like the clubs.  Hit a couple of poor shots but generally contact was solid and distance was consistent.   Felt like I hit them better than the Wilson C300s that have been in my bag.    

43/38-81 with 8 fairways, 8 greens, and 29 putts.  Blowup on the front were an OB and just terrible chipping that resulted in a triple and 2 doubles.   Pitch shots were good other than some distance control issues,  but when I had to chip they were generally chunked.  I feel like I could really play some great golf if I could overcome these final few issues with my short game. 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

First round with the new 765s in the bag and I really like the clubs.  Hit a couple of poor shots but generally contact was solid and distance was consistent.   Felt like I hit them better than the Wilson C300s that have been in my bag.    

43/38-81 with 8 fairways, 8 greens, and 29 putts.  Blowup on the front were an OB and just terrible chipping that resulted in a triple and 2 doubles.   Pitch shots were good other than some distance control issues,  but when I had to chip they were generally chunked.  I feel like I could really play some great golf if I could overcome these final few issues with my short game. 

That's where a 5 hybrid would come in handy.   😉   Bounce is ya friend in those soft wet conditions.....

• Like 2

43/44 = 87 (+15) back on my home course this morning. Played most of the round in a light drizzle.

If I could putt, this would have been the best round of my life. Had 39 (!!!) putts. Driver was locked in today, mid irons were good, short game was better than Thursday. Just putting, man. Killing me.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, edingc said:

Just putting, man. Killing me.

Keep your head dead still until well after impact.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

That's where a 5 hybrid would come in handy.   😉   Bounce is ya friend in those soft wet conditions.....

My thoughts exactly.  The 9th hole is short enough that I hit hybrid off the tee; we were waiting on the group in front and I was chipping on the tee box and said I need to use the hybrid to chip.  Love my hybrids so I may as well put them to use in another way.  No chips were needed after the 8th hole so I didn't get a chance to try it out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Keep your head dead still until well after impact.

Yeah, I know sometimes that can be an issue with me. I tend to do pretty well with thoughts about dead legs and steady head. Probably need to reaffirm those thoughts.

I missed four putts (one each) on 14, 15, 16 and 18 by a combined total of less than eight inches. Two went about an inch right, one about an inch short and one about two inches left. I was close, just couldn't convert. 

I do need to give myself better opportunities by sticking my approach shots closer. Eleven of my first putts were from further than 15 feet, and five of those 11 were from 30 or more feet. Not a lot of great scoring opportunities from those distances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

After having such up and down success all year so far with my 54 degree, I moved up to my C300 PW because of the added bounce. Chipping has been soooooo much better in the last few rounds because of that.

• Like 3

Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde showed up today! 41 on the front with a lost ball and I doubled both par 3’s. First multi birdie round of the season.

The back 51, with 4 7’s. Only memorable shot on the back was my near ace. She was tracking! I tried to walk in the birdie putt like Tiger impersonating Na, and I came up short 5 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Had probably my best weekend of golf ever.  It was my course's first "major" of the year; a two round net stroke play event.  As a 7 handicap I shot 73-78 to shoot net -5 and win the top flight by 11 shots.  Here are the net scores.

1544144405_JuneCup.JPG.d3203ed3e07a443e2e10a7f07144ad7a.JPG

Best hole of the tournament for me was hole #2 today, a medium length par 5.  Knew I wanted no part of the water on the right so I purposely took a super conservative line towards the next hole's fairway on the left.  Next up was a nice high baby draw with the 4 hybrid to 28 feet for an eagle putt.  Center cup all the way.  First eagle of the year and it came at a great time.

thumbnail_IMG_0762.png.93c99e255d24b8864c70db77ec29e447.png

• Like 8

4/14 fir

7/18 gir

27 putts. 

Hit it everywhere and made two doubles. Just a terrible ball striking day. 13th hole sums up the day. Drive to base of tree. Have to hit it backwards to fairway then  almost hole 50* tap in par. Short game can sure save a score. 

• Like 6

I like the @THEZIPR23 format so I'm gonna copy it from now on 😄

81 (+2/+9) on a course that was playing as a Par 70 today due to one of the holes being closed (there's a temp par 3 that they subbed in for the closed par 5)

5/13 fir

8/18 gir

34 putts !!!

Couldn't get anything to drop today. One of the greens had some serious grass cancer growing all over, and the other was randomly punched but the others weren't? No excuses for the other 16 holes though, I was just not making anything. Ball striking was pretty decent finally, but fell apart in the back after 5.5 hours in the hot sun.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I like the @THEZIPR23 format so I'm gonna copy it from now on 😄

81 (+2/+9) on a course that was playing as a Par 70 today due to one of the holes being closed (there's a temp par 3 that they subbed in for the closed par 5)

5/13 fir

8/18 gir

34 putts !!!

Couldn't get anything to drop today. One of the greens had some serious grass cancer growing all over, and the other was randomly punched but the others weren't? No excuses for the other 16 holes though, I was just not making anything. Ball striking was pretty decent finally, but fell apart in the back after 5.5 hours in the hot sun.

I would start adding pace of play to mine but I think it would just make everyone mad. Today was 2 hrs 50 mins. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1