MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

15 hours ago, palvord said:

Shot a 90 on a course I had never played before, Arrowhead Golf in North Canton, OH.

Next time you're in the area give @MaxEntropy  and myself a heads up and I'll make a tee time for us at the "club".

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, MattF said:

Next time you're in the area give @MaxEntropy  and myself a heads up and I'll make a tee time for us at the "club".

I think the next time I'm back home is in August some time. I'll keep you guys posted.

• Like 3

Monday men's league ended up continuing the trend of really good rounds despite the strong winds that ended up being a side wind on just about every hole. I ended up driving or nearly driving both par 5's in two and cranked out a few really pretty putts including a few from 10-15 feet that were dead on line.

I know it's about 3-4 years since the TIBA system came out and I bought it, but finally got around to using it. My word has it improved my putting in only two uses. Even taking an ESC 8 on a hole I managed to shoot 45. I'm finally turning the corner, hopefully.

• Like 6

86 (48/38, 84 ESC) with 34 putts at Royal Blue at Baha Mar. I got off to a strange start on the front 9, with #2 being a complete blow up hole. So with a quad, triple and double on the front, my work was cut out for me the rest of the round. I was laughing about the double because I crushed the drive, but caught the edge of one of those pesky middle-of-the-fairway bunkers (thanks, Jack) and the rest is history. I got my act together on the back though so I was happy with the turnaround. All in all it was a fun round and I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to play in the Bahamas!

• Like 8

7 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Play in a tournament every year sponsored by the Golfstyles Media Group called the Solstice Survival - a one day 54 hole stroke event.  We tee off at 5:45AM and don't stop until the last putt is made on hole 54.  I've only placed once quite a few years ago and that was only because I had a couple lucky breaks and because the event was shortened to 27 holes because of heavy, heavy rains that had transformed a few par fours into island greens.  I played this year's Solstice tournament at Bulle Rock, a course that used to host the McDonald's LPGA tournament for a few years (https://bullerockgc.com/about-us-golf/).  Forecast was for 90% rain on and off an heavy rains with thunderstorms in the afternoon.  I brought the heavy duty rain gear, but it wasn't breathable and I get hot quickly so it was a constant dress and removal of the suit as the rains came and went.  My game was on an uptick with some great play as of late, but yesterday, the game was hit and miss, adding that the greens were so quick that lags a lot of times went 6' past or more -made for an up and down round.  We all got called back to the clubhouse as there were thunderstorms rolling through.  20-30 golfers had enough and packed it up but the course said we we're going back out.  Up until the time we got called back to the club house it hadn't been cart path only even with some of the steady down pours because the course drained very well, but after the last biblical deluge, it because CPO the last 18.  Bulle Rock is hilly, with thick rough so having it CPO made for a long last 18 holes out of the 54. Well, I had snowball's chance in hell for placing as I didn't think I played well so imagine my surprise when my name got called for this:

IMG_20190610_204938.thumb.jpg.a7fb257ef15929fe64711d8838ebeb94.jpg

Yep came in first net!  I'll be buying Powerball ticket today😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

Congratulations! That's so cool

• Like 3

So I played with two of my boys tonight - it was a lovely afternoon, not too hot and bit breezy but then again it's Oklahoma so it's just ALWAYS windy but I digress. The last time I played it was an absolute train wreck with the driver but as PING Apologist #9 said I would "get it back" - I did 🙂. So, I played really well and scored really well but there is a big caveat to be added - we had to play the back nine twice because of a clinic on the front nine so it was the same wind and I knew what clubs/shots I had hit my first time around and I got a major teach for my second go around: My first nine I had 1 bogey against 2 birdies and on my second nine I had 4 birdies and the course is only 6162 yards, so with an asterisk firmly in place, here are my stats:

FIR: 10/12

GIR: 14/18

Putts: 27

• Like 9

Play in a tournament every year sponsored by the Golfstyles Media Group called the Solstice Survival - a one day 54 hole stroke event.  We tee off at 5:45AM and don't stop until the last putt is made on hole 54.  I've only placed once quite a few years ago and that was only because I had a couple lucky breaks and because the event was shortened to 27 holes because of heavy, heavy rains that had transformed a few par fours into island greens.  I played this year's Solstice tournament at Bulle Rock, a course that used to host the McDonald's LPGA tournament for a few years (https://bullerockgc.com/about-us-golf/).  Forecast was for 90% rain on and off an heavy rains with thunderstorms in the afternoon.  I brought the heavy duty rain gear, but it wasn't breathable and I get hot quickly so it was a constant dress and removal of the suit as the rains came and went.  My game was on an uptick with some great play as of late, but yesterday, the game was hit and miss, adding that the greens were so quick that lags a lot of times went 6' past or more -made for an up and down round.  We all got called back to the clubhouse as there were thunderstorms rolling through.  20-30 golfers had enough and packed it up but the course said we we're going back out.  Up until the time we got called back to the club house it hadn't been cart path only even with some of the steady down pours because the course drained very well, but after the last biblical deluge, it because CPO the last 18.  Bulle Rock is hilly, with thick rough so having it CPO made for a long last 18 holes out of the 54. Well, I had snowball's chance in hell for placing as I didn't think I played well so imagine my surprise when my name got called for this:
Yep came in first net!  I'll be buying Powerball ticket today🤣

MDGolfHacker

Congrats MD........the true gift is that you had fun challenging yourself. 54 holes in one Day is an amazing feat! Glad you competed.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).
  • Like 2

Rained out again yesterday. Our weather is in the process of changing from morning storms to late afternoon storms. So I was rained out after 11 holes on Saturday, rained Sunday, rained out Tuesday after 7 holes. It’s not so much the rain as it is the lightning. We had almost 8 inches since Saturday.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Yep came in first net! 

Congratulations!!

4 hours ago, golfertrb said:

So I played with two of my boys tonight - it was a lovely afternoon, not too hot and bit breezy but then again it's Oklahoma so it's just ALWAYS windy but I digress. The last time I played it was an absolute train wreck with the driver but as PING Apologist #9 said I would "get it back" - I did 🙂. So, I played really well and scored really well but there is a big caveat to be added - we had to play the back nine twice because of a clinic on the front nine so it was the same wind and I knew what clubs/shots I had hit my first time around and I got a major teach for my second go around: My first nine I had 1 bogey against 2 birdies and on my second nine I had 4 birdies and the course is only 6162 yards, so with an asterisk firmly in place, here are my stats:

FIR: 10/12

GIR: 14/18

Putts: 27

A 65 is a 65 regardless of playing the same 9 twice or length. Good stuff!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Rained out again yesterday. Our weather is in the process of changing from morning storms to late afternoon storms. So I was rained out after 11 holes on Saturday, rained Sunday, rained out Tuesday after 7 holes. It’s not so much the rain as it is the lightning. We had almost 8 inches since Saturday.....emoji299.pngemoji90.png

The only rain I encountered between PG and Carlisle, PA (where I am currently) on my trek north was in Tampa.  You're just living in the wrong place!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Rained out again yesterday. Our weather is in the process of changing from morning storms to late afternoon storms. So I was rained out after 11 holes on Saturday, rained Sunday, rained out Tuesday after 7 holes. It’s not so much the rain as it is the lightning. We had almost 8 inches since Saturday.....

It’s rained (thunder, lightning & downpour) every day since Friday here.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 again this morning and 42. Putted well, Driver OK, irons terrible.
Good thing I left after 9, the guys got drenched 3 holes later in a nasty thunderstorm.

• Like 4

Yep came in first net!  I'll be buying Powerball ticket today🤣

MDGolfHacker

Way to go Champ! 🏌️♂️

• Like 1

Not too well ... had 2 doubles and 2 triples and ended up with an 89.  HOWEVER....it was my first full round of golf in over 6 weeks post surgery, so I probably shouldn't complain too much.  I was pretty spent stamina wise by the 14th hole, but I did finish all 18 (in a cart, yes).  We were playing 9s for the drinks afterwards....guess who had to buy 🙂 

• Like 7

A 65 is a 65 regardless of playing the same 9 twice or length. Good stuff!

Haha no doubt - thanks Matt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Not too well ... had 2 doubles and 2 triples and ended up with an 89.  HOWEVER....it was my first full round of golf in over 6 weeks post surgery, so I probably shouldn't complain too much.  I was pretty spent stamina wise by the 14th hole, but I did finish all 18 (in a cart, yes).  We were playing 9s for the drinks afterwards....guess who had to buy 🙂 

That’s great to hear. Don’t push too hard but nice to see recovery is going well. 

• Like 1