Jump to content
MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, CarlH said:

Guys and Dolls scramble (seniors and ladies).  We didn't win, but I got KP with a perfectly executed 8 iron from 137 yds using a Snell MTB Red for this shot....64575494_10216641533622103_5378285037349240832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlj-5o-VosR7vEyyY1AXEHYHWv3yCRhVsnSo3Yzdx8c06MRMbzZJq4bIMsNlnNjEH8&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=d6589fbca55903c46defb84f02672c29&oe=5D9C2B35

Congratulations! Hope you got a good prize for that one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CarlH said:

Guys and Dolls scramble (seniors and ladies).  We didn't win, but I got KP with a perfectly executed 8 iron from 137 yds using a Snell MTB Red for this shot....64575494_10216641533622103_5378285037349240832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlj-5o-VosR7vEyyY1AXEHYHWv3yCRhVsnSo3Yzdx8c06MRMbzZJq4bIMsNlnNjEH8&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=d6589fbca55903c46defb84f02672c29&oe=5D9C2B35

Can't get closer than that! Big congrats my man!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Felt great to play decent. Was able to find a swing that would let me get around the course and minimize the big miss.  Shot 39/39 on par 72. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I cracked it!!  Shot an 88 today at Da Club...with 42 putts. Hit some very good, some good and some bad but I was just humming along playing my game.

The driver is coming along. I changed the setting to upright and it seems, at this stage, to be what I needed. Longest drive was 257 and shortest (off the heel) was 193. All in all, I'm happy.
Congratulations! That's an awesome round!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A tale of two nines again. Had 4 birdies and 2 bad bogey's today on the front for a 34. Drove a par 4 and left the putt just right of the hole. Aerated greens were bumpy. 5/9 greens.

Then the back nine was just poor mental mistake after poor mental mistake. Shot 40 with no birdies and that was a miracle. I could have used Speith's caddie to slap me around! 4/9 greens.

74 for the day. Hope tomorrow is a better story.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MattF said:

I cracked it!! 😃 Shot an 88 today at Da Club...with 42 putts. 😥 Hit some very good, some good and some bad but I was just humming along playing my game.

The driver is coming along. I changed the setting to upright and it seems, at this stage, to be what I needed. Longest drive was 257 and shortest (off the heel) was 193. All in all, I'm happy.

Great job!!  Keep it up.

However, if I ever had 42 putts, I'd slit my wrists!!!  I had one 3-putt today, and I was really pi$$ed!!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a slow, 92º sunny day today.  Weekend at the muni.  My wife and I had a guy that usually plays in the Men's gangsome join us at the last minute.  He just got back from Bellingham, WA and couldn't get in any other group.  

I was -1 through the first 6 holes, but bogeyed holes 7, 8, and 9 for a front nine +2.  I started the back nine with bogeys on 10, 11, and 12. However, I managed to par the rest of the back nine for +3... round of 77, which is my lowest round this year.  

It could have been a lot better, but also could have been a lot worse; I made several 6-8 foot par saving putts, but missed several putts of the same length for birdies.  I hit 46% fairways, 50% of the greens, and had 31 putts.  Highlight was on the par 5 #18; in the front greenside bunker that has a 5 foot high lip, flew my sand shot to a back pin about 40 feet away to 6 feet and made the par putt.  Did I say I'm liking my new Callaway 60º PM wedge??

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

However, if I ever had 42 putts, I'd slit my wrists!!!

Yeah, my approaches left me quite a few long putts and I missed a few knee knockers.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Felt great to play decent. Was able to find a swing that would let me get around the course and minimize the big miss.  Shot 39/39 on par 72. 

Nice shootin' brotha!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- 47 (+11)

- 1/8 FIR

- 3/9 GIR

- 18 Putts

Hacked my way around the back nine this morning. Seems I forgot how to play for two holes. I was +3 through six holes (awesome start on the back for me), but a quadruple bogey followed by a triple bogey back-to-back will really kill a score in a hurry.

We got MORE rain. The course was as wet as it has been all season. Really tough conditions to play in. **Sigh**

Really struggled translating my success from the range on Friday to the course. Mental, I'm sure. I did hit a couple quality irons shots, and I'll try to build on that.

Putting was as good as it's going to get. Only one bad putt all day, a really poor lag, from 55 feet that caused my only three putt.

Driver was terrible. My opening drive was OK, but short, and the rest were awful. Not the club, definitely me.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It was a slow, 92º sunny day today.  Weekend at the muni.  My wife and I had a guy that usually plays in the Men's gangsome join us at the last minute.  He just got back from Bellingham, WA and couldn't get in any other group.  

I was -1 through the first 6 holes, but bogeyed holes 7, 8, and 9 for a front nine +2.  I started the back nine with bogeys on 10, 11, and 12. However, I managed to par the rest of the back nine for +3... round of 77, which is my lowest round this year.  

It could have been a lot better, but also could have been a lot worse; I made several 6-8 foot par saving putts, but missed several putts of the same length for birdies.  I hit 46% fairways, 50% of the greens, and had 31 putts.  Highlight was on the par 5 #18; in the front greenside bunker that has a 5 foot high lip, flew my sand shot to a back pin about 40 feet away to 6 feet and made the par putt.  Did I say I'm liking my new Callaway 60º PM wedge??

You're going to have to give me strokes in Sept. if you keep this up !!!!  🙂 Good job.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Nice shootin' brotha!!!

Gracias amigo. Felt good to low again and thankfully short game and putting were descent. Swing changes suck and it’s a process.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shot a 44/39 today with my father. Finished bogie, bogie, bogie on the back nine for the 3 over 39. I had my 9-hole par in sight and crapped it down my leg. A bad shot on each hole cost me.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played the annual Father Son today with my 13 year old son. We were in the 9 hole division for the last year and he shot 3 over on the front and I shot -2 for a combined 1 over for nine holes. Overall hit it well and putted well for a change. As a plus I also had my two daughters and my wife out on the course with us for some added fun.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a miserable day.  Warmup consisted of shanking 3/4 of a small bucket with pretty much every club; the other quarter was pull hooks.   The pull hooks were what I took to the course.    The only bright aspect of my game was my putting.   Pretty much lost focus for the round....final tally 96

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just a miserable day.  Warmup consisted of shanking 3/4 of a small bucket with pretty much every club; the other quarter was pull hooks.   The pull hooks were what I took to the course.    The only bright aspect of my game was my putting.   Pretty much lost focus for the round....final tally 96

A day to forget. Always tomorrow


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday was 18 holes.  Warm-up was solid, nice work on the range after physical warm-ups and the Whip.  

Played a familiar course, Wigwam in AZ.  Weather was coolest it has been in almost two weeks. 

5578 from forward tees, 73.20/128, no significant wind

Total: 94 with 39 Putts (one of my poorest this year, left way too many longer putts)

10 penalty assessments, 4 OB, 2 went for a swim.  OB shots finished left and 3 of 4 were barely OB, but they were OB. Playing partner I was assigned seemed somewhat shocked I counted all the penalties and I am sure he used his foot wedge a few times! I tended to ignore him.

 6 FIR and 0 GIR. 5 Pars, 6 Bogies, 5 DB and 2 TB. So, about an average round. Handicap is now 17.2.  

I am consistently in the mid 90's, some times higher, some lower.  Seem to have settled into a base for most rounds.  Tend to play from forward tees with 5600-5900 lengths.  After all the rounds now, I write down specific swing or round planning items to work on during the week.  

If weather cools down the week, will try to get out twice on a course.

241.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played yesterday at Marion athletic club. Great course but the land is flat and nothing to break up the wind. The wind is always blowing and most of the time it's a 2 club wind. Front nine goes into the teeth of a southern wind. Back 9 is a little more shielded with trees and apartments
Front I posted a 48. Back side I rebounded with a 41.
Two of the holes were short par 4's dead into the wind with 200 yd force carry over water. Bogey both but cleared the water with 20 yds to spare 🏌️
Next week is our league open championship. Hopefully I can muster some magic and help the team win the trophy



Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after mens league  played twice this week. Played 18 the day after. Started red hot with double, par, birdie, par. The double was no warm up so I was ok with it. Problem was my legs went dead around 7-8. After that I couldn't swing and shot 42/50.

The day after I went for a lesson and got a complete overhaul. My swing was all hands and timing and when those two weren't in perfect unison, yikes.

The round after was a complete disaster with a half dozen lost balls to the right, a ton of garbage shots that went nowhere and a couple 3 putts. I figured the round after would be bad, but that was some 20 shots or so worse. The range session after was productive and I actually was hitting hte ball well. Wasn't as good today, but felt some confidence return. Next round tomorrow should be interesting.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...