MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

10 hours ago, CarlH said:

You're going to have to give me strokes in Sept. if you keep this up !!!!  🙂 Good job.

Thanks!!  But not after today!!  I was +10 after 15 holes when we quit.  Well, our cart quit!!  The club's carts were due for lease return in April, but it's been delayed for some reason.  We waited in the middle of #16 for 30 minutes before a kid showed up with another cart, but by then I was done anyway.  Hot, tired, and frustrated with slow play on Father's Day.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

New hybrids, irons and putter in the bag this week. I took them from the box to the course and shot a 90, 81 and 83 on the Barefoot Fazio, Love and Norman courses in Myrtle Beach. I'm really happy with the way my game is trending now. These clubs, and a new putter that a rep told me would be perfect for me have given me hope I'm coming out of a recent funk.

Golf is a frustrating game for me. A lot of players at my level are streaky, but I'm exceedingly so. Hopefully the "new club magic" lasts for a while... 

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 4

A tale of 2 nines....

Couldn't stop hooking the ball right after the second hole on a course where if you hook it right the ball is gone, into the woods, under the leaves... I was trying a "new" technique out and violated the number one rule in golf - the course is meant for playing and not trying...

Realized that on #10 and shot 10 shots better on the back then I did on the front.... TEN.

I think I've been watching too many youtube videos.... I unsubscribed to everything but course vlogs and realize I have enough tools in my toolbox now to 'dig it out of the dirt' and swing my swing....

• Like 5
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

A tale of 2 nines....

Couldn't stop hooking the ball right after the second hole on a course where if you hook it right the ball is gone, into the woods, under the leaves... I was trying a "new" technique out and violated the number one rule in golf - the course is meant for playing and not trying...

Realized that on #10 and shot 10 shots better on the back then I did on the front.... TEN.

I think I've been watching too many youtube videos.... I unsubscribed to everything but course vlogs and realize I have enough tools in my toolbox now to 'dig it out of the dirt' and swing my swing....

You post this on your new GHIN?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wedgie said:

You post this on your new GHIN?

I did... I post every single score no matter how bad or good I play.  I need 20 of them!

• Like 2

Played my old stomping grounds today. Shot an sloppy 82, it easily could have been a 75, or a 95. But I missed some chances, and saved some bogeys. Was pretty soupy out there, lots of rain lately.

Shots of the day was a 9 iron from 152 to 6” out of the rough. That’s good news, it means I’m getting my distance back. And another 9 iron out of the rough from behind a tree to 3’, only about a 80 yard shot. Opened the face up to probably a 56°, played it like a bunker shot.

Good to get the “reps” in. Need more time to practice on course.

Pretty stiff for the first 7 holes. Helped my dad move a bunch of stuff yesterday and sleeping on a rock mattress takes a toll on me.

Did some head to head testing with the Snells... very, very interesting results, but you’ll have to wait for that.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Shots of the day was a 9 iron from 152 to 6” out of the rough. 

holy schmoley...........you been working out Popeye? 😋👏

• Like 2

holy schmoley...........you been working out Popeye? 

No. Just watching a lot of Brooks Koepka highlights.

It’s like working up a sweat watching cops. So yeah, pretty much like working out.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

My first 18 holes since late November! No shoulder pain only a bit sore.
A forgettable 90 but successful in some way. Driver was really good, irons horrible and putter wasn’t helpful.
Sure is good to play pain free golf

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Great news Rick! Glad you’re back at it.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

My first 18 holes since late November! No shoulder pain only a bit sore.
A forgettable 90 but successful in some way. Driver was really good, irons horrible and putter wasn’t helpful.
Sure is good to play pain free golfemoji106.pngemoji106.png

my fellow come-back player of the year competitor! 

• Like 1

my fellow come-back player of the year competitor! 

Taking a run at the coveted title

• Like 1

Got in 18 today at Silver Lake CC in Michigan. Based on course conditions not sure they're doing the greatest. Had the course basically to myself though, that was pretty awesome.

Anyways, first time I've played in two weeks, and felt pretty good! Inconsistent from the tee, but my approach and chipping was best it's been in a while, putting was solid enough not to mess anything up. Ended up going 43/44, tied for best score of the year. Avoided any triples, which is huge for me. Also put 3/4 par 3's on the green. I did have to navigate this shot at one point which had me feeling like I was out at Pebble with the big boys😂:

IMG_20190617_193249606.thumb.jpg.7c2d12bcff070909880f0099fd477c20.jpg

Felt great to get out! This Michigan "summer" has been so wet, pretty much have to play any time the weather is decent enough to get any golf in. Hoping to keep momentum going!

• Like 5

Started playing again after taking a lengthy for me break. Played 1 round in the last couple of weeks until a couple night ago. 

2 weeks ago I hit all but one fairway and stillshot 87. My game has been real good at times, but so has a steady diet of penalties, doubles, triples and even a quad or 2.

Ive played 9 each of the last 3 nigts and shot 37,41, and 38. One double in 27 holes and 3 birdies. One of a putt and 2 chip ins. 

A few suttle changes plus FINALLY pain free after carpal tunel surgery has helped find a bit of a game.See ifit holds and drops a stroe or two more as I have tournies coming up.

Focused on ball placement in my stance off the tee, holding clubs a bit farther down, and tempo have been the subtle keys. Hopingto be back in single digits next update then backin the 6/7 range mud July. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Ive played 9 each of the last 3 nigts and shot 37,41, and 38. One double in 27 holes and 3 birdies. One of a putt and 2 chip ins.

Good for you! It's gotta feel good to get back, especially after the surgery.

Hadn't been out in 2 weeks about an 84. No feel for short game, as I was sick so no practice either. Working on new swing thoughts 1 birdie, 1 penalty that led to double. Also I'm sticking to the middle tees until I break 80 then moving back. If I can't break 80 from tees between 6000-6300 yards why am I playing the tips???

Take Dead Aim

• Like 2

85 on the Tradition Course at Cypresswood in TX. Unreal course!! I played horribly!!! 35 putts, again, and nothing about my swing felt right. So aggravating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, PMookie said:

85 on the Tradition Course at Cypresswood in TX. Unreal course!! I played horribly!!! 35 putts, again, and nothing about my swing felt right. So aggravating.

I feel ya!

I was there for probably the last 12-24 months, took 3 long game tweaking lessons with the pro and 1 wedge lesson and things feel 'right' again.

At your h/cap index it's normally a small tweak to nudge you back into the groove.

• Like 4

I am in the same place as you. Swing will work its way out and you will be back to normal scoring. I am only a couple of rounds into a bad play streak but I hit enough decent shots to know it will get better. Got the week off from my golf league so I am going to head out for a long range session sometime this week.
  • Like 6