MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

XXIO driver still in the bag or have you switched over to something else?

Still have the XXIO in the bag but the big change has been the 4 more yards tees.  Not really going any farther than usual but hitting almost everything squarely with the consistent tee height.  Big confidence boost.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wedgie said:

Still have the XXIO in the bag but the big change has been the 4 more yards tees.  Not really going any farther than usual but hitting almost everything squarely with the consistent tee height.  Big confidence boost.

hmmm....thought that was just a gimmicky thing but sounds like there is something to it.  Nice!

• Like 1

The firmer balls like the Z star and now the MTB-X seem to help a lot as well.  Was averaging 46% fairways last year and now a bit over 64% with these 2 balls this year.  Oh, and the 4 more yards tees.

• Like 4

Poorly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

hmmm....thought that was just a gimmicky thing but sounds like there is something to it.  Nice!

Just now, Shankster said:

Poorly.

Haha....is the the balls?

• Like 1

Haha....is the the balls?

It’s the space between my ears. Need to figure it out quickly though I’ve had enough. Taking tomorrow off. Then try a reset on Friday. Too steep on everything.
  • Like 2

Just now, Shankster said:

It’s the space between my ears. Need to figure it out quickly though I’ve had enough. Taking tomorrow off. Then try a reset on Friday. Too steep on everything.

I quick thinking about crap.  Playing a member/member this weekend.  8am shotgun start, I asked my partner when he was getting there and he said a little before 7am to hit balls and putt.  I told him I'd be there at 10 til 8 to give me time to find our cart and get to the hole we start on.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Shankster said:

but... little butter cuts ... practiced the garbage out... 😉

• Like 2

I quick thinking about crap.  Playing a member/member this weekend.  8am shotgun start, I asked my partner when he was getting there and he said a little before 7am to hit balls and putt.  I told him I'd be there at 10 til 8 to give me time to find our cart and get to the hole we start on.

That’s how I used to roll. Played much better too. Fighting a block right now. I couldn’t hit a snap hook on purpose right now.

Might be time for me to take lessons. Didn’t want to give in, but I am in need. Wasting time trying to figure it out.
  • Like 1

but... little butter cuts ... practiced the garbage out...

Well I found the garbage this afternoon. Played ok. Just some dumb mistakes.

Very short lived.
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That’s how I used to roll. Played much better too. Fighting a block right now. I couldn’t hit a snap hook on purpose right now.
Might be time for me to take lessons. Didn’t want to give in, but I am in need. Wasting time trying to figure it out.

The 'ELITE' get daily 'lessons/coaching' and they hit the ball the way we can only dream. Get a lesson, another set of professional eyes and some tweaking is probably all you need.

• Like 3

The 'ELITE' get daily 'lessons/coaching' and they hit the ball the way we can only dream. Get a lesson, another set of professional eyes and some tweaking is probably all you need.

Yeah. There are some clinics nearby the new place I am going to check out. And if I like the pro I’m going to look at a lesson package.
  • Like 2

Struggled with the driver and long game today.  Shot an 85.  1 under on the 4 par 3 holes and 7 over on the 4 par 5 holes!!!!!  This is complete opposite of how I typically played prior to the knee replacement.  Iron striking is solid but the woods are really bad right now.  Hoping that this is just an adjustment phase as I get back to playing regularly again.  

• Like 4

So I posted a few days ago with the first 3 scores with my new hybrids and irons. 

I played the Heathland at Legends Course in Myrtle Beach today. It was really hot and gusting about 20mph, yet the course was on the soggy side (???). These Rogue X are amazing. They play like a PING G series iron on steroids! Long, high and straight. I know this sounds crazy, but they feel as soft as my old Apex cf16 set, only at least a club longer. They come in so steep it's almost point and shoot with these things. I realize everyone has a different swing, just saying these are perfect for me. Anyone concerned about their distance should give these a try.

Enough gushing about the arrows though. This Indian shot an 80! Could have been better too. I doubled 15 (short game screw up) and 3 putted 17 and 18 for bogeys. Aaagh shoulda been in the 70's.... Couldn't be happier though. The Apex were becoming too much work, and Steelhead's felt like rocks.

Handicap is going down on the 1st 😥 

• Like 2

10/14 fir

9/18 gir

26 putts. 

I think I finally found the right putter grip. Everything was going along fine until I doubled 16 & 18. Still a solid round. 

• Like 7

I played 9 after work at the course close to my house to take my new putter on its maiden voyage and shot 41 (40 ESC) with 15 putts. I started with a par, had two idiot holes and then played the remaining 6 holes even finishing with back to back birdies. This game is ridiculous, haha!

• Like 8

I played a quick 9 while my boys had Jr league practice. I haven't been able to get out there as much as I'd like, and the tournament play has been horrible, so I really need this 41. I had 4 bogeys, 3 pars, 1 triple, and 1 birdie. Although the birdie came from taking 2 shots off the tee at 17, because I had a show foursome in front of me, and I finished out that hole with the better tee shot. Also, hit the longest 5i of my life at 234, which wasn't a good thing. Also hit my 8i 181 on a 165 par 3. Here is a picture of how that turned out.
IMG_3215.JPGIMG_3216.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

After 25 ball warm up, which went quite well, especially driver and 7i, I was off to a full 18 holes

5500 yards, 65.30/111, Par 72, Played forward tees.

My results: 91 HCP 17, Net 74, 2 Par, 13 Bogies, 3 DB, 4 Penalty strokes, 33 Putts, 3 GIR, 9 FIR

A good round, I felt,  on a course that was totally new to me.  The course layout was good for my Draw/Pull stroke and even the more strong pulls did not really come into play.  Biggest thing, for me today, was playing the course well, based on club selection. I needed to go back a club as I approached the 125 mark to the green.  I often went beyond the green by a lot (6+yards).  My chips continue to need to get a bit more loft so they do not run as much.

I am still adjusting to how much further my e12 ball flies compared to the usual play of the range balls.  In combination with that aspect, I more, then once (that is, many a shot), needed to not try to muscle the swats.  This was a result, I am sure, of a wrong measures to the green.  I forgot to take my phone with me on the course, so I did not have a GPS reading or a range finder read, as I do not own one.

91 is at the lower end of my usual round, so I am happy.  I suspect it will get well under 90 as I play this course more often.

• Like 2

Shot a 40 with one double thanks to a OB. Lucky to only take the double. 1 fairway 1 green but high % up and downs and a sand save.

• Like 3

I don't think I escape too many rounds without at least one of those nasty little doubles!

• Like 3