MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

24 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Your score is always irrelevant to others scores. Playing better, improving and having fun while dong so is what is important. As a competitor my whole life, my last serous competition was travel team tennis and it became glaringly apparent that getting to a high level meant playing with most other every day players was difficult to impossible. Therein lies the beauty of golf. I can shoot under par and have a great time with someone breaking 100 if they rarely do so. Positive energy and the joy of playing the game is equal shooting a 99 or a 70. So congrats on continuing to pursue that "good round" and never again worry about your score compared to others. 👍 

Well said Chi! So well said!

• Like 4

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

... Your score is always irrelevant to others scores. Playing better, improving and having fun while dong so is what is important. As a competitor my whole life, my last serous competition was travel team tennis and it became glaringly apparent that getting to a high level meant playing with most other every day players was difficult to impossible. Therein lies the beauty of golf. I can shoot under par and have a great time with someone breaking 100 if they rarely do so. Positive energy and the joy of playing the game is equal shooting a 99 or a 70. So congrats on continuing to pursue that "good round" and never again worry about your score compared to others.  

I agree whole heartedly. The only time somebody else’s score should matter to you is if you are playing in a competition and even then it should be secondary to how you played.

I always judge my round on how well I hit the ball compared to how I know I can hit the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 8

👇Follow the link to read the testers thoughts on the Lynx Prowler VT and Blackcat irons!👇

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/32612-2019-official-forum-member-review-lynx-black-cat-and-prowler-vt-irons/#comments

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: Cortex 10.5* with Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 6s @ 44.5"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Lynx Prowler VT 4-PW irons with KBS Tour 90 stiff shafts @ -1/4"

Wedge: 2 Off Brand Wedges a 48* for bump and runs & 56* for normal chips and pitches

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5 with a Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 104cc @ 33" 

16 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I always judge my round on how well I hit the ball compared to how I know I can hit the ball.

Couldn't agree more! Many poorly-scoring rounds for me were some of my "better" ones because at least I was having a decent ball-striking day. They may have been going off into the weeds, but they were "pure"! Many times I am simply satisfied with a good hit and if it is off-line, so be it. I'll just say to myself; "that was a damn good hit!" and walk away with the knowledge that I know I have the ability and only need some little tweaks here & there...

• Like 3

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Wow. Today’s theme was survive.

82 with a quad. 29 putts (two 3 putts) 3 GIR and 5 of 14 fairways.

Not pretty but it’s honest.

• Like 8

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

I played again this morning and lowered my score from yesterday... By 2 strokes. 89.
I truly suck right now. It always gets this way when I’m mid-way through lessons. I get to a point where nothing feels right anymore and the ball goes every which way... Frustrating, and embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only embarrassing if you care what others think.

Keep at it
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

Only embarrassing if you care what others think.

Keep at it

It’s embarrassing to me, honestly. Thanks for the knucks! Another lesson came through via the web, so I’ll keep working. I’m ready for the work to payoff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 5

Driver: Honma TR20 460, Fujikura Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 17* (playing at 15*), Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Dynamic Gold X100 

Irons: Srixon Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VC-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S300

Putter: SeeMore Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I played absolutely terrible this morning --  10 over my handicap (93) .... Worst putting day that I can recall!  I missed EVERYTHING!

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Flicker and Smugmug

I played absolutely terrible this morning --  10 over my handicap (93) .... Worst putting day that I can recall!  I missed EVERYTHING!

How many weeks since the operation? Be careful!!
I’m hurting a bit because I pushed too hard .

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 minutes ago, Rickp said:

How many weeks since the operation? Be careful!!
I’m hurting a bit because I pushed too hard .

It's been 8 weeks tomorrow .... Sad part is that it wasn't ball striking (although I'm not getting off the tee box well and had to play the back tees) that caused the poor score.  It was literally really bad putting.  Yesterday, I was one putting a bunch of holes or leaving them at tap in range.  Today, it was like someone else was putting.   I lost count of the 3 putts that I had.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Flicker and Smugmug

It's been 8 weeks tomorrow .... Sad part is that it wasn't ball striking (although I'm not getting off the tee box well and had to play the back tees) that caused the poor score.  It was literally really bad putting.  Yesterday, I was one putting a bunch of holes or leaving them at tap in range.  Today, it was like someone else was putting.   I lost count of the 3 putts that I had.  

Last Monday played well, in fact pretty good. Tuesday Exec , not great but acceptable. Wednesday knee pain, shoulder sore, I was a basket case. Still sore, so please don’t push too hard.

• Like 9

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7/14 fir 

6/18 gir 

33 putts. 

Should’ve stayed home. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

84 (41/43) with 30 putts. I didn’t do anything particularly well, but I got away with the mediocrity since I’m familiar with the course. Gonna take the few positives from this round and keep grinding!

• Like 8

Ping G410 LST 10.5º | Fujikura Ventus Black  6S 
TaylorMade SIM 3W 15º | Fujikura Ventus Black 7S
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 3 19º | Tensei CK Pro White Hybrid 90S
Srixon Z785 4-PW | Modus 3 Tour 125S
Titleist SM8 50.08 F, 54.12 D, 58.12 D | Modus 3 Wedge 125
Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
Bridgestone Tour B XS

84 (41/43) with 30 putts. I didn’t do anything particularly well, but I got away with the mediocrity since I’m familiar with the course. Gonna take the few positives from this round and keep grinding!

Dat G410 Crossover 4i tho . And that nasty sand up and down... boiiiii, stop.

80 for me
8/14 fir
9/18 gir
33 putts

3 doubles got me, as well as having to punch under trees a bunch. What's worse is Arccos said I shot 79 but after going thru it, I found that it missed a putt.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 9

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Had a bit of a day out today, will really help with my aim to get to 18 before the year end. Had the 1 wipe but overall really good for me. The new ping i210's are starting to feel very nice and I am getting better at selecting the correct club.

15613519633885752820532250872709.jpg

• Like 7