MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Played nine and can happily say I shot a 47. Maybe not great for others here. But anything in the 40’s is a good day for me. Just swung in tempo and I let the club head do the work. Watched my aim and ball position and gravity did the rest. Club felt like an anvil in my hands. Hope I can remember and keep that heavy feeling next time out. Really feel like I have a good round in me this summer. Just where and when is the million dollar question 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Big money said:

Played nine and can happily say I shot a 47. Maybe not great for others here. But anything in the 40’s is a good day for me. Just swung in tempo and I let the club head do the work. Watched my aim and ball position and gravity did the rest. Club felt like an anvil in my hands. Hope I can remember and keep that heavy feeling next time out. Really feel like I have a good round in me this summer. Just where and when is the million dollar question 

47 is nothing to be ashamed of...heck it's my usual score to be honest. So long as you have a good time, can relax a bit and enjoy the game, who cares what the bleeding score is..?! Have fun out there and keep plugging away! Cheers!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Your score is always irrelevant to others scores. Playing better, improving and having fun while dong so is what is important. As a competitor my whole life, my last serous competition was travel team tennis and it became glaringly apparent that getting to a high level meant playing with most other every day players was difficult to impossible. Therein lies the beauty of golf. I can shoot under par and have a great time with someone breaking 100 if they rarely do so. Positive energy and the joy of playing the game is equal shooting a 99 or a 70. So congrats on continuing to pursue that "good round" and never again worry about your score compared to others. 👍 

Well said Chi! So well said!

• Like 4

... Your score is always irrelevant to others scores. Playing better, improving and having fun while dong so is what is important. As a competitor my whole life, my last serous competition was travel team tennis and it became glaringly apparent that getting to a high level meant playing with most other every day players was difficult to impossible. Therein lies the beauty of golf. I can shoot under par and have a great time with someone breaking 100 if they rarely do so. Positive energy and the joy of playing the game is equal shooting a 99 or a 70. So congrats on continuing to pursue that "good round" and never again worry about your score compared to others.  

I agree whole heartedly. The only time somebody else’s score should matter to you is if you are playing in a competition and even then it should be secondary to how you played.

I always judge my round on how well I hit the ball compared to how I know I can hit the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I always judge my round on how well I hit the ball compared to how I know I can hit the ball.

Couldn't agree more! Many poorly-scoring rounds for me were some of my "better" ones because at least I was having a decent ball-striking day. They may have been going off into the weeds, but they were "pure"! Many times I am simply satisfied with a good hit and if it is off-line, so be it. I'll just say to myself; "that was a damn good hit!" and walk away with the knowledge that I know I have the ability and only need some little tweaks here & there...

• Like 3

Wow. Today’s theme was survive.

82 with a quad. 29 putts (two 3 putts) 3 GIR and 5 of 14 fairways.

Not pretty but it’s honest.

• Like 8

I played again this morning and lowered my score from yesterday... By 2 strokes. 89.
I truly suck right now. It always gets this way when I’m mid-way through lessons. I get to a point where nothing feels right anymore and the ball goes every which way... Frustrating, and embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only embarrassing if you care what others think.

Keep at it
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Only embarrassing if you care what others think.

Keep at it

It’s embarrassing to me, honestly. Thanks for the knucks! Another lesson came through via the web, so I’ll keep working. I’m ready for the work to payoff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 5

I played absolutely terrible this morning --  10 over my handicap (93) .... Worst putting day that I can recall!  I missed EVERYTHING!

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

I played absolutely terrible this morning --  10 over my handicap (93) .... Worst putting day that I can recall!  I missed EVERYTHING!

How many weeks since the operation? Be careful!!
I’m hurting a bit because I pushed too hard .

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Rickp said:

How many weeks since the operation? Be careful!!
I’m hurting a bit because I pushed too hard .

It's been 8 weeks tomorrow .... Sad part is that it wasn't ball striking (although I'm not getting off the tee box well and had to play the back tees) that caused the poor score.  It was literally really bad putting.  Yesterday, I was one putting a bunch of holes or leaving them at tap in range.  Today, it was like someone else was putting.   I lost count of the 3 putts that I had.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

It's been 8 weeks tomorrow .... Sad part is that it wasn't ball striking (although I'm not getting off the tee box well and had to play the back tees) that caused the poor score.  It was literally really bad putting.  Yesterday, I was one putting a bunch of holes or leaving them at tap in range.  Today, it was like someone else was putting.   I lost count of the 3 putts that I had.  

Last Monday played well, in fact pretty good. Tuesday Exec , not great but acceptable. Wednesday knee pain, shoulder sore, I was a basket case. Still sore, so please don’t push too hard.

• Like 9

7/14 fir 

6/18 gir 

33 putts. 

Should’ve stayed home. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

84 (41/43) with 30 putts. I didn’t do anything particularly well, but I got away with the mediocrity since I’m familiar with the course. Gonna take the few positives from this round and keep grinding!

• Like 8

84 (41/43) with 30 putts. I didn’t do anything particularly well, but I got away with the mediocrity since I’m familiar with the course. Gonna take the few positives from this round and keep grinding!

Dat G410 Crossover 4i tho . And that nasty sand up and down... boiiiii, stop.

80 for me
8/14 fir
9/18 gir
33 putts

3 doubles got me, as well as having to punch under trees a bunch. What's worse is Arccos said I shot 79 but after going thru it, I found that it missed a putt.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 9