MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Had a bit of a day out today, will really help with my aim to get to 18 before the year end. Had the 1 wipe but overall really good for me. The new ping i210's are starting to feel very nice and I am getting better at selecting the correct club.

15613519633885752820532250872709.jpg

• Like 7

Played 18 today and shot 47-47 for a 94. For how I played it felt like I shot at least 10 shots lower than that. Was out as a solo and zipped around in 3 hours with no one in front or behind me in a cart. Was a great great day. Nice not losing any golf balls and being in spots where you can take a full swing at it 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Rickp said:

How many weeks since the operation? Be careful!!
I’m hurting a bit because I pushed too hard .

I thought I told you to take it easy!!  You "old guys" don't listen very well.  Probably hearing is gone too.  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I thought I told you to take it easy!!  You "old guys" don't listen very well.  Probably hearing is gone too.  😁

Huh?  🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I thought I told you to take it easy!!  You "old guys" don't listen very well.  Probably hearing is gone too.  

Whattt????

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

... HE SAID PROBABLY HEARING IS GONE TOO!

Oh, OK

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I went into more detail in the Z STAR and Z STAR XV Review thread but I shot a PB 61 today - including a 29 on the back nine! To say I was in "The Zone" is an understatement. I was playing at Lincoln Park West and I needed to birdie 17 and 18 for a 29 on the back. I hit 2 Crossover on 17th tee - middle of the fairway. I had 132; hit 9 iron to about 15ftt and jarred the putt. Now I'm really feeling the juices flowing. I hook my 3 wood on 18 but I only have 117 left but I'm in a birds nest of a lie in the Bermuda rough. I hit pitching wedge to about 12 feet setting up a perfect uphill putt - never a doubt. 

I included pictures of shots and my card in the other thread. Here's a link:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Not a very good weekend of golf for me but had fun anyway.  Shot 81 on Saturday playing with two strangers; had two doubles and would love to have those two holes over!!  The club had three mini tournaments going on that day; one out in front of us, and two behind us.  Weekend at a muni...

We were on #13; this pic taken of a group on #16 (adjacent fairway)

image002-2.jpg.f5200d58a250fb0dfc20d667a16d12c6.jpg

Someone ran over the cart return sign!!

image001.jpg.193fa8824490ad742921a4c0ee5b8060.jpg

On Sunday my wife and I played with an old friend from our previous golf club.  We hadn't seen him for many years, but out of the blue he called up and wanted to play with us.  We had a lot of fun, but it was a little chilly with a 20 mph wind.  I shot 83 with no doubles.  Couldn't make a putt;  right line, wrong speed; right speed, wrong line.  I hate those days.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Not a very good weekend of golf for me but had fun anyway.  Shot 81 on Saturday playing with two strangers; had two doubles and would love to have those two holes over!!  The club had three mini tournaments going on that day; one out in front of us, and two behind us.  Weekend at a muni...

We were on #13; this pic taken of a group on #16 (adjacent fairway)

image002-2.jpg.f5200d58a250fb0dfc20d667a16d12c6.jpg

Someone ran over the cart return sign!!

image001.jpg.193fa8824490ad742921a4c0ee5b8060.jpg

On Sunday my wife and I played with an old friend from our previous golf club.  We hadn't seen him for many years, but out of the blue he called up and wanted to play with us.  We had a lot of fun, but it was a little chilly with a 20 mph wind.  I shot 83 with no doubles.  Couldn't make a putt;  right line, wrong speed; right speed, wrong line.  I hate those days.

Kenny, those pictures are just an every day occurrence, sometimes multiple per day occurrences at our course.   it's really a shame to see the lack of respect that so many show for the golf course.  It certainly isn't the majority, but just a few idiotic morons who think it's fun to destroy something that isnt' theirs. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2019 at 1:48 PM, azstu324 said:

I did it!! Finally broke 80 after 2 years. It was a goal in 2018 that didn't quite come to fruition. Made 80 a bunch of times but couldn't quite "break on through to the other side" emoji445.png.

Funny thing was that I didn't feel like I was playing all that spectacularly.. but consistency was the key. Also, I found a new go-to when 80 yds out, on in to about 25 yds away. Nice low bump n scoot with a PW. This shot was absolutely money and way more repeatable and controllable than going high with my 60°. Hits the green, takes a couple quick skips and then stops on a dime!

inCollage_20190622_124649540.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Congrats brother!!! Nice breakthrough! That wasn't with those Bridgestone e12's was it?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Kenny, those pictures are just an every day occurrence, sometimes multiple per day occurrences at our course.   it's really a shame to see the lack of respect that so many show for the golf course.  It certainly isn't the majority, but just a few idiotic morons who think it's fun to destroy something that isnt' theirs. 

I gotta say, that's probably the main thing that makes me not want to play muni's. I spend all day waiting on the group in front of me, but at least it gives me time to fix about 8 pitch marks per green. I don't get to play private clubs too often, but I can definitely tell the difference when I do. 

• Like 5

On 6/22/2019 at 4:59 PM, MattF said:

Un-bloody-conscious!

I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.

Windmill Lakes 06-22-19 79.png

Congrats on the 79 Matt, that's a great feat for a 16 handicapper.  I know the next day didn't turn out the way you wanted, but hey, you got two 37's in a row.

• Like 3

I gotta say, that's probably the main thing that makes me not want to play muni's. I spend all day waiting on the group in front of me, but at least it gives me time to fix about 8 pitch marks per green. I don't get to play private clubs too often, but I can definitely tell the difference when I do. 

I suppose I’m lucky, the local muni is usually in pretty good condition and it’s playable in less than 4 hours on a Saturday. I know a few who’ve walked it early in the day in less than 3 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

I can’t top that...Can’t fix stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

... Got say I LOVE playing muni's. Like everything in life, there are good ones and bad ones. I have learned which ones to ignore and which ones to play. Last winter in Phoenix I had nothing but time and 100's of courses to play, yet the one I played the most was Aguila, a muni that was challenging yet playable with beautiful scenery. $19 for a senior to walk is just a steal. Papago is another muni I played a lot but the price jumped to $34 for a walking senior. Both those courses attract a higher class of golfers that have a respect for the course as well as other golfers. Kinda like splitting the difference between a private CC and a typical muni. Considering winter rates at many of the "nicer" Phoenix courses was $100 and up along with playing 107 out of 117 days, the cost can add up very quickly. 

... Back home in the Chicago suburbs there are unfortunately many munis I have learned to ignore but thankfully there are several close to home I really enjoy playing. 

• Like 8

Played Exec 9 this morning and first time with the Mizzie’s. It’s definitely scary going from a Senior 46 gr shaft to a 90 gr regular. Surprise! They are a bit longer, more carry and a draw. Felt a little heavy which they should. I think these are going to be around a while.

• Like 9