TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It amazes me that I can consistently hit this patch of trees, but not a forty yard wide fairway.20201012_195051-01.jpeg.dd2debca7fbe83c2be4eeea4be8c9b78.jpeg

But do you find them in there?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Only on occasion. There's a creek hiding in there that gobbles them up. 

Gotta pull this off

image.gif.b72dbf363fb935cd2906cf0f96979331.gif

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

IMG_2189.PNG

Honestly didn’t feel like I hit it super well today. Just knocked it around and shot a 78...golf is weird.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

3 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

When I was learning I threw several balls out of the bunker up on the green - and it felt great to get there. I thought it was fun to be out on the course no matter how I played. It was the good players who made it sound like I shouldn't be having fun. Sounds like your daughter enjoys sharing your time and pastime. Embrace that part of it and she'll keep coming back just to do something fun with you.

I read somewhere golf rules for beginners and it included things like tossing your ball back on to the fairway, improving your lie, and throwing the ball out of the sand.

My wife says she has a "No sand policy".  But she does pretty well getting out of it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Big day tomorrow fellas.

I'm playing the second round of our Members League Championship. After we're done tomorrow, they'll cut the original field of the year's top 52 money winners to 20. The top 10 in Gross and Net advance to next Tuesday when we reset and play it off for the Gross and Net Championships.

I'm sitting okay, just inside the top 10 in both categories (you can only qualify in one) but I need a good round to advance. I'm not good enough to beat the top 5 or 6 guys in gross over two rounds, and the B flight guys, who are included in the field for this one flight event get a lot more strokes than me, so the net won't be easy either. That said, if I play well I should advance. If I don't it's on me... no excuses.

I like that we're playing what I think is the toughest of our 4 courses, so there should be quite a shake up tomorrow, and the guys who advance will have earned a chance for our most prestigious title next week.

I want that Net title bad LOL

Congrats on how you've played so far. Good Luck tomorrow - pulling for you!

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

18 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Big day tomorrow fellas.

I'm playing the second round of our Members League Championship. After we're done tomorrow, they'll cut the original field of the year's top 52 money winners to 20. The top 10 in Gross and Net advance to next Tuesday when we reset and play it off for the Gross and Net Championships.

I'm sitting okay, just inside the top 10 in both categories (you can only qualify in one) but I need a good round to advance. I'm not good enough to beat the top 5 or 6 guys in gross over two rounds, and the B flight guys, who are included in the field for this one flight event get a lot more strokes than me, so the net won't be easy either. That said, if I play well I should advance. If I don't it's on me... no excuses.

I like that we're playing what I think is the toughest of our 4 courses, so there should be quite a shake up tomorrow, and the guys who advance will have earned a chance for our most prestigious title next week.

I want that Net title bad LOL

You got this!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I played bad golf today. By score, it was the second worst round of the year, but considering the worst was at Catawba Island (a strange course), this felt worse to me. I took a half-day vacation and met @MattF at Windmill Lakes. It already plays fairly long, but when you are hitting tee balls as poorly as I did today, It can be a beast. Ended up shooting 49/47 (par 70) with 6 (!!!!!!) penalties. Ugh. Easily the best shot of the day was trying Matt's Sub70 3W. I had to manually add it in Arccos, but it says it was about a 260 yard 3W (wind was crossing with a bit of help).

That was an absolute beast of a shot...may be worth getting an @GolfSub70 3 wood demo.

As for me, shot an 87 40/47. I'm more mad about the 47 than the entire score. Driver was a bit iffy, but the little tweak to my setup worked more often than not, allowing me to actually hit off the short grass more than normal. Irons continue to improve with the same tweak.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

MavriK.... keep in mind, 250 was an avg “good” g400 LST hit..   now?...

2F96ACA7-A332-422A-9E90-E4EDE458CDFD.jpeg.c618a683b5de3e461530bc0c1e6a2ea7.jpeg8C815D22-FF76-4B78-97E0-13C2A0FC02D1.jpeg.29e3e72a2531276e21ef429b9e7c0453.jpeg603CCB58-EA45-4C8A-B4A0-0BD21F276742.jpeg.7355cf18881b2c7895c72cb139bb671b.jpeg

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

8 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

MavriK.... keep in mind, 250 was an avg “good” g400 LST hit..   now?...

2F96ACA7-A332-422A-9E90-E4EDE458CDFD.jpeg.c618a683b5de3e461530bc0c1e6a2ea7.jpeg8C815D22-FF76-4B78-97E0-13C2A0FC02D1.jpeg.29e3e72a2531276e21ef429b9e7c0453.jpeg603CCB58-EA45-4C8A-B4A0-0BD21F276742.jpeg.7355cf18881b2c7895c72cb139bb671b.jpeg

Wow couple bombers nice!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I'm hesitant to say it, but I may have figured out my timing issues off the tee, but the damage had already been done tonight. Besides that, Arccos stats show the best SG approach I've had since I've had the sensors.

Screenshot_20201013-194757.jpg.e69474eac71c6e4c7e7547954a010a78.jpg

Putting was kind of lame, but the greens were punched this week, so I'm not bothered by it too much, except I had two 10 to 15-ish foot birdie putts that were tracking nicely only to wobble to the side in the last few feet. I don't have a ton of confidence in a 5i right now, but I've learned that choking down about an inch on my 4h gives me that distance comfortably and I had two great shots doing that tonight, so that sort of addresses that gap in my bag, but may need to find a permanent solution.

I ended up +9 with another 3 penalties (all off the tee, of course) :barf: but won a skin with a par on the hardest hole on this 9. That makes three weeks in a row! Yes, I'm shocked too.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Ha!   Last nine holes for the league today, crashed and burned!!!

Last hole had a healthy crosswind into us from the left out of the SW, hit this in to out open face thing that went 100 yds offline, nearly wiped out a foursome on another fairway, yelled fore, should have yelled eight, had 170 to the green on my hole, had this funky downhill/ball above feet lie so much that I had to choke a 5 iron to the steel.  Didn't execute that one so good as I chunked it really bad and it went about 20 yds.

WInd now dead into my face, stomped over to ball pulled 7 iron and whacked it Happy Gilmore style, got it on front of edge of green about 50 ft. short of hole, did the smack and spit putt to about 3 ft. and they gave the bogey putt since that putt meant nothing to anybody, anywhere, even my mother would have let it go.

3 pars, 6 bogeys, nothing else, the sun has set on another year.   

I don't have a handicap but I am stuck at the "urinate" level, (sound it out).   Wild tees shots, mediocre chipping/pitching, less than clutch putting.   Those guys who score better than me hit the tee ball in the fairway, get the approach shot near or on, but get it up and in.  They make the putts.     It sounds simple, but it really is a huge leap.

The body is failing, muscles ache, balance is bad, flexibility and strength need to be improved.    The next season starts in six months.

Anybody know a good golf-related fitness trainer in Metro Detroit?

55 minutes ago, SlowNLow said:

Ha!   Last nine holes for the league today, crashed and burned!!!

Last hole had a healthy crosswind into us from the left out of the SW, hit this in to out open face thing that went 100 yds offline, nearly wiped out a foursome on another fairway, yelled fore, should have yelled eight, had 170 to the green on my hole, had this funky downhill/ball above feet lie so much that I had to choke a 5 iron to the steel.  Didn't execute that one so good as I chunked it really bad and it went about 20 yds.

WInd now dead into my face, stomped over to ball pulled 7 iron and whacked it Happy Gilmore style, got it on front of edge of green about 50 ft. short of hole, did the smack and spit putt to about 3 ft. and they gave the bogey putt since that putt meant nothing to anybody, anywhere, even my mother would have let it go.

3 pars, 6 bogeys, nothing else, the sun has set on another year.   

I don't have a handicap but I am stuck at the "urinate" level, (sound it out).   Wild tees shots, mediocre chipping/pitching, less than clutch putting.   Those guys who score better than me hit the tee ball in the fairway, get the approach shot near or on, but get it up and in.  They make the putts.     It sounds simple, but it really is a huge leap.

The body is failing, muscles ache, balance is bad, flexibility and strength need to be improved.    The next season starts in six months.

you may want to check with Trevor Parkinson at MW golf in Rochester, MI

I believe he does training as well as club making

http://www.mwgolfclubs.com/custom-golf-clubs/

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

2 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Oh, what an up and down day!  Mixed bag of junk, mainly.  Had 4 double bogeys, one of which was a 4 putt on a par 3.  Another 3 putt on a different hole.  Putting stroke wasn't bad, but I had issues with burning the edge and putting too far beyond the hole.  Mixed in 3 birdies.  Limped in with an 81.

I know that limp.  The birdies are good, keep those in your kitchen, kick everything else out.

1 hour ago, SlowNLow said:

No, the next season starts next week.  Now is the time to work on those issues that you don't work on while you play all year.   😃

Nope, don't know anyone in Detroit.

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

No, the next season starts next week.  Now is the time to work on those issues that you don't work on while you play all year.   😃

Nope, don't know anyone in Detroit.

Yeah, your right, can't shut the motor off....

The body really needs work, yoga, yogurt, whatever.  And I need one of those fancy bio-mechanical fitness evaluation things,  Where am I?  Somebody needs to put me on a path of sanity, "my swing feels like an unfolded lawn chair"...

A winter academy would be really cool.  Maybe I tryout for the Oakland U golf team? 

A lot of the courses near me shut it down in the winter, and the weather can end all debate about playing golf anyway, cold is one thing,  four inches of snow on the ground from Jan to March will mess with your short game.

The local golf dome turns into the local soccer dome at 430pm and on weekends.   The personal golf mat/net with launch monitor capability is highly coveted around here.

Oh, what an up and down day!  Mixed bag of junk, mainly.  Had 4 double bogeys, one of which was a 4 putt on a par 3.  Another 3 putt on a different hole.  Putting stroke wasn't bad, but I had issues with burning the edge and putting too far beyond the hole.  Mixed in 3 birdies.  Limped in with an 81.

I hate the sound of double bogie. Like fingernails on a blackboard.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

15 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Whew!!!!!

I drained a 15 foot par putt on the par 5 18th, which enabled me to make the cut today ON THE NUMBER. It got me into a 3 way tie for 8th, which took up the last of the 10 spots in the Net division. This means I advance with the top 10 gross players to next week when we reset and shoot it out for the Gross and Net titles.

That closing hole is a beast, tight fairway for your drive OB on the right, red stakes left. You then have to carry a big wetland area on your second, and on your third, water surrounds the green on the left side of and behind the green. We call it the "hole where good rounds go to die" but it saved me today! Two of the guys in my foursome weren't as fortunate. They both got knocked out with a 7&8 respectively, and I snuck in the back door.

I didn't make a putt all day until that final hole, and really didn't play well, but I grinded on every shot, even when I thought I was out of it late on the back nine. Once again I learned in tournament comps, every stroke matters. Keep plugging away, you never know... after two rounds of golf, holing one final 15 foot putt was the difference.

BTW I also got a nice little bonus, winning the CTP which gets me a free round of golf! 

Woohoo. Congrats. A reset sounds nice. Good Luck on the next step.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Apart from the bomb of a drive off the first tee.  Today was a horrific round, one of those that you wish you’d stayed at home.  Not fun in the slightest way.  So bad I am not even going to share the score.. 😢

What the Eh F is going on?!  I was not releasing the club, slicing the crap out of the driver and 3 wood.  Block fades on the irons all day... I played an extra 5 holes to see what was going on without anyone in my group, or behind/in front.  A little better, but still something is off...  

going out with the boss on Sunday, have to get that junked squared away... especially for the tournament on Wednesday... 😳

Was stuck behind slow people again on the front.  Then stuck between the same slow people and a single on the back pushing us. 

17 minutes ago, Shankster said:

What the Eh F is going on?!  I was not releasing the club, slicing the crap out of the driver and 3 wood.  Block fades on the irons all day... I played an extra 5 holes to see what was going on without anyone in my group, or behind/in front.  A little better, but still something is off...  

Is this a rhetorical question?

How was the knock down shot?

Just now, Kenny B said:

Is this a rhetorical question?

How was the knock down shot?

I think it caused all of my issues.  I mean it worked... but I was holding off all of my shots,  which lead to the big right miss.

going to look at the bottom end of the bag closer to see what I can do to get better full swing shots in the 120 and in range.

yes, rhetorical question.  😁