MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Congrats on the 61!!  I shot a 61 once...then I had to play the other half of the 18 hole round

MDGolfHacker

Thanks - it was an amazing day. It all seemed so easy - it's that feeling we are all chasing and rarely catch :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

... Truly an amazing achievment. Most professional on the PGA and LPGA have not shot 61's. Congrats!

Thanks - I shot it on a muni course at about 6100 yards with no pressure but it was still an amazing day. My current handicap is +4.1 but compared to all those guys and gals on tour I might as well be a 20 handicapper :) I almost didn't share it but my fellow Spies are some of the few who would appreciate it. It's fun to have a moment where everything seemed to be going in - today was back to reality haha

• Like 8

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Absolutely thrilled with my round tonight - not because of my score, but because for the first time in nearly 2 years my back was free of pain/discomfort/tightness. My swing felt much freer tonight and I hit tee balls well, hitting 5/6 fairways (still only 3w off the tee). I was also smoking my irons, which is good, but I was long on quite a few holes. Chipping sucked, though. Putting was pretty good. 
I shot 44 (+9) with 15 putts. 

A day with no pain is better than ANY score! I'm truly happy for you!

• Like 8

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

5 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Thanks - I shot it on a muni course at about 6100 yards with no pressure but it was still an amazing day. My current handicap is +4.1 but compared to all those guys and gals on tour I might as well be a 20 handicapper 🙂 I almost didn't share it but my fellow Spies are some of the few who would appreciate it. It's fun to have a moment where everything seemed to be going in - today was back to reality haha

Doesn't matter if it's a muni or a PGA stop..a 61 is great accomplishment!  I've played a bunch of  6100 yard courses and have come no where near a 61...close to crying at times but that's another thread😁🤣😂.  Congratulations on that accomplishment!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 7

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Not playing or getting to the range a lot this year and its showing. Finally wasn't rained out in my tuesday evening 9 with my dad. Playing poorly all round other than the first hole, lost 2 balls on the 8th, was frustrated and said Im not losing another good ball today. He found a bright yellow Wilson Spongebobb Squarepants ball when we were looking for mine. Since at this point I didnt care if I aced the par 5 or got a 10, I played SBSP ball.  Of course hammered the drive to 215 out, hammered 3 hybrid to on the green and put it 20 feet away, missing the eagle putt by inches.   Never understand how I play a found SBSP junk ball that well

• Like 8

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

1 hour ago, Apes44 said:

Not playing or getting to the range a lot this year and its showing. Finally wasn't rained out in my tuesday evening 9 with my dad. Playing poorly all round other than the first hole, lost 2 balls on the 8th, was frustrated and said Im not losing another good ball today. He found a bright yellow Wilson Spongebobb Squarepants ball when we were looking for mine. Since at this point I didnt care if I aced the par 5 or got a 10, I played SBSP ball.  Of course hammered the drive to 215 out, hammered 3 hybrid to on the green and put it 20 feet away, missing the eagle putt by inches.   Never understand how I play a found SBSP junk ball that well

It's the power of the SBSP ball..now go out there and buy 12 dozen! 😄😂🤣. But it was more that you didn't put pressure on yourself and just let it flow.  Amazing what we can do when we stop thinking about how to hit a shot, etc...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

10 hours ago, golfertrb said:

A day with no pain is better than ANY score! I'm truly happy for you!

Those of us who Liked this post have played a long time with pain and totally agree!!

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

32 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Those of us who Liked this post have played a long time with pain and totally agree!!

Amen to that! Sometimes I've limped off the range with hip pain.......all due to the swing, in my opinion.

I've been searching for a swing that works and is also less stress/pain on the hips and back. Might have found it on the range.

Now to get better posture at my desk lol

• Like 5

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

41/42 for a lukewarm 83.  2 doubles on the back, one due to a lost ball, the other due to....well, just me.  Still having issues with my driver, but the game feels like it's trying to come back.

• Like 8

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

We played the Ohio State University golf course today. Was beautiful, but really beat up my game. Won’t put down my score in respect of not offending this great forum. But I did make two pars with no mulligans. The rest of the holes weren’t pretty at all. A real penal course for sure 

• Like 7

Keep it in the short stuff

17 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Thanks - it was an amazing day. It all seemed so easy - it's that feeling we are all chasing and rarely catch 🙂

Wow, simply amazing day!

super congrats mate, now you’ve got a target to chase for the rest of your life for a new PB.!

• Like 2

Currently testing for review:

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 StifF

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

I shot a 77 today, but shot better than my score. Still not fully trusting my draw that my new clubs are giving me, so I dunked one, and ob’ed another. But, both balls were flushed and smoked. When I do trust the shot it’s been rewarding and extremely satisfying. Getting more confident in my distances and very happy with consistency of shots. Not long at all, like the 7 iron goes about 145, but it goes that distance every time! I love it.

overall tho, it was a solid ball striking day, from driver down.

this is a great game we play...

• Like 5

Currently testing for review:

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 StifF

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Played the front on my home course tonight for 39. Stopped due to storm rolling in.

Struck ball well and left a couple out there. I really need to work on my chipping and pitching game as I need to increase my up/down %. 

• Like 4

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Absolutely brutal round of 9 today, shot 56. I think I ended up losing 4 tee shots. 4. Approach game was spotty at best, way too many chunks to feel good about. Chipping was also abysmal. Two duffs that ended up 3 feet in front of me. If anything my putting was okay, except for 2 where I absolutely blasted it past the hole. Yikes. Good one to forget.

On the plus side, played a new course for me, The Meadows. I know there are a few on the forums who frequent, it's a beautiful course. Hopefully I can make a return visit and not get eaten alive by the thick stuff again.

• Like 7

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

6/14 fir

13/18 gir

30 putts. 

Hit the driver like 🗑 was lucky to get away with a score like that. 

• Like 6

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

7 hours ago, ncwoz said:

Absolutely brutal round of 9 today, shot 56. I think I ended up losing 4 tee shots. 4. Approach game was spotty at best, way too many chunks to feel good about. Chipping was also abysmal. Two duffs that ended up 3 feet in front of me. If anything my putting was okay, except for 2 where I absolutely blasted it past the hole. Yikes. Good one to forget.

On the plus side, played a new course for me, The Meadows. I know there are a few on the forums who frequent, it's a beautiful course. Hopefully I can make a return visit and not get eaten alive by the thick stuff again.

The tall grass is a killer. When I played there earlier this month, I seemed to be very lucky and found only the closely mown rough.

Meadows is one of the few in the area with bentgrass fairways. I always struggle there with approaches and chipping, too. The lies are so tight compared to anything else around here.

Glad you liked the course!

• Like 2

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.8 (Last Updated July 25, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT #TEAMSCALVESLIKEPHIL - Check out all of the action over here!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra x Vessel SpeedZone Stand Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos