MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

First round bad

second round good, like an equal amount either way. Second round was full of great iron play and putting. First round, not so much.

• Like 9

Played tourny out at ArrowheD CC in Molalla OR. Loved the course and the greens were the best Ive played on. Quick and true. 

Shot 37/47...The back I took a 9 on par 5 which took me out of the $$. Also 2 3 putts and another OB. The front I sunk several nice putts.  

Typical golf this year. Play really well then take a big #. The good was I putted pretty well overall and  struck the ball well all day. 

• Like 9

Congrats on the 61!!  I shot a 61 once...then I had to play the other half of the 18 hole round

MDGolfHacker

Thanks - it was an amazing day. It all seemed so easy - it's that feeling we are all chasing and rarely catch :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

... Truly an amazing achievment. Most professional on the PGA and LPGA have not shot 61's. Congrats!

Thanks - I shot it on a muni course at about 6100 yards with no pressure but it was still an amazing day. My current handicap is +4.1 but compared to all those guys and gals on tour I might as well be a 20 handicapper :) I almost didn't share it but my fellow Spies are some of the few who would appreciate it. It's fun to have a moment where everything seemed to be going in - today was back to reality haha

• Like 8

Absolutely thrilled with my round tonight - not because of my score, but because for the first time in nearly 2 years my back was free of pain/discomfort/tightness. My swing felt much freer tonight and I hit tee balls well, hitting 5/6 fairways (still only 3w off the tee). I was also smoking my irons, which is good, but I was long on quite a few holes. Chipping sucked, though. Putting was pretty good. 
I shot 44 (+9) with 15 putts. 

A day with no pain is better than ANY score! I'm truly happy for you!

• Like 8

5 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Thanks - I shot it on a muni course at about 6100 yards with no pressure but it was still an amazing day. My current handicap is +4.1 but compared to all those guys and gals on tour I might as well be a 20 handicapper 🙂 I almost didn't share it but my fellow Spies are some of the few who would appreciate it. It's fun to have a moment where everything seemed to be going in - today was back to reality haha

Doesn't matter if it's a muni or a PGA stop..a 61 is great accomplishment!  I've played a bunch of  6100 yard courses and have come no where near a 61...close to crying at times but that's another thread😁🤣😂.  Congratulations on that accomplishment!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 7

Not playing or getting to the range a lot this year and its showing. Finally wasn't rained out in my tuesday evening 9 with my dad. Playing poorly all round other than the first hole, lost 2 balls on the 8th, was frustrated and said Im not losing another good ball today. He found a bright yellow Wilson Spongebobb Squarepants ball when we were looking for mine. Since at this point I didnt care if I aced the par 5 or got a 10, I played SBSP ball.  Of course hammered the drive to 215 out, hammered 3 hybrid to on the green and put it 20 feet away, missing the eagle putt by inches.   Never understand how I play a found SBSP junk ball that well

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Apes44 said:

Not playing or getting to the range a lot this year and its showing. Finally wasn't rained out in my tuesday evening 9 with my dad. Playing poorly all round other than the first hole, lost 2 balls on the 8th, was frustrated and said Im not losing another good ball today. He found a bright yellow Wilson Spongebobb Squarepants ball when we were looking for mine. Since at this point I didnt care if I aced the par 5 or got a 10, I played SBSP ball.  Of course hammered the drive to 215 out, hammered 3 hybrid to on the green and put it 20 feet away, missing the eagle putt by inches.   Never understand how I play a found SBSP junk ball that well

It's the power of the SBSP ball..now go out there and buy 12 dozen! 😄😂🤣. But it was more that you didn't put pressure on yourself and just let it flow.  Amazing what we can do when we stop thinking about how to hit a shot, etc...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, golfertrb said:

A day with no pain is better than ANY score! I'm truly happy for you!

Those of us who Liked this post have played a long time with pain and totally agree!!

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Those of us who Liked this post have played a long time with pain and totally agree!!

Amen to that! Sometimes I've limped off the range with hip pain.......all due to the swing, in my opinion.

I've been searching for a swing that works and is also less stress/pain on the hips and back. Might have found it on the range.

Now to get better posture at my desk lol

• Like 5

41/42 for a lukewarm 83.  2 doubles on the back, one due to a lost ball, the other due to....well, just me.  Still having issues with my driver, but the game feels like it's trying to come back.

• Like 8

We played the Ohio State University golf course today. Was beautiful, but really beat up my game. Won’t put down my score in respect of not offending this great forum. But I did make two pars with no mulligans. The rest of the holes weren’t pretty at all. A real penal course for sure 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Thanks - it was an amazing day. It all seemed so easy - it's that feeling we are all chasing and rarely catch 🙂

Wow, simply amazing day!

super congrats mate, now you’ve got a target to chase for the rest of your life for a new PB.!

• Like 2

I shot a 77 today, but shot better than my score. Still not fully trusting my draw that my new clubs are giving me, so I dunked one, and ob’ed another. But, both balls were flushed and smoked. When I do trust the shot it’s been rewarding and extremely satisfying. Getting more confident in my distances and very happy with consistency of shots. Not long at all, like the 7 iron goes about 145, but it goes that distance every time! I love it.

overall tho, it was a solid ball striking day, from driver down.

this is a great game we play...

• Like 5

Played the front on my home course tonight for 39. Stopped due to storm rolling in.

Struck ball well and left a couple out there. I really need to work on my chipping and pitching game as I need to increase my up/down %. 

• Like 4