MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Finally a decent round today. Played with our Asst Pro and beat him 1 up while shooting 73. Drove it well, hit the irons well, chipped well and putted okay. Overall feel like I just turned the corner with this new swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I don't even want to talk about my game today.  Nuff said!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Shot a 38/44:82 today and tied for 1st Place in our weekly points game. I was shooting for 23 and had 26 with a birdie. I had trouble with my driver, tended to pull them to the left, but able to rectify the situation. I also had a Closest to the Pin at 4’ 2”, making the birdie.

My big complaint is that Arccos is not working. Yesterday’s round of 41/41:82 will not finish on the iWatch and won’t sync with the iPhone. I can’t start another round until it syncs. So I had to play “Old School” on yardage using my Rangefinder.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Meh. Walked 18 in the HEAT. I was give out at 18. Striped my drive but wasn’t sure I could go get it! Hit the ball fairly solid today but didn’t score. No putts dropped. Had some nice scrambles though. But not a single bird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

7/14 fir

11/18 gir

28 putts

3 swings cost me 6 shots. Other than those it was a solid round. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Shot a 38/44:82 today and tied for 1st Place in our weekly points game. I was shooting for 23 and had 26 with a birdie. I had trouble with my driver, tended to pull them to the left, but able to rectify the situation. I also had a Closest to the Pin at 4’ 2”, making the birdie.

My big complaint is that Arccos is not working. Yesterday’s round of 41/41:82 will not finish on the iWatch and won’t sync with the iPhone. I can’t start another round until it syncs. So I had to play “Old School” on yardage using my Rangefinder.

I stopped trying to use it in Apple Watch. Too many bugs for my liking. 

I shot an 83 on the Fazio course in Barefoot Resort.

I took an 8 on a par 5, but otherwise played well. I'm really excited about the way I'm playing since I got a set of SGI irons 4 weeks ago. My iron game had really been poor the last few months. Apparently the steel shafted Apex had become a little too much for me. Graphite shafts and the added forgiveness have really helped me.

• Like 4

Weird +4 on the windy back 9 tonigt.Hit my drive a few times and got real lucky on my misses. Only hit 2 fairways, 1 GIR, and only had 10 putts. Bogied 17 and 18. I accept bogey on 17 as its a tough green thats plays 178 in to the wind.  18 I had a 47 degree to a 127 stick but pushed it off a downhill lie and left me an easy up and down that I didnt convert. 

Game is finding a groove and finally almost pain free after surgeries. Ball striking has been effortless. Just need to leave driver at home,in the basement, behind lock and key. 

• Like 6

2nd round playing “Old School” without my Arccos....ugh!

On July 4th my club is having a Red, White, Blue 2 man Scramble. So today, my partner & I played Red, White, Blue hitting our own ball. Well, since we are both Seniors, we played Red, Gold, White. In the Scramble you must play 6 holes from each Tee. We selected the appropriate Tees and played our own ball.

I scored a 43/39:82 with two birdies, one on each side. I have no stats to report except that It was a lot of fun and helped us select the appropriate Tees for the Scramble.

• Like 6

Played ok today- won my 3rd round h/cap singles tie on the 21st hole with a chip in birdie (slightly thinned chip, 2 bounces and down the cup like a rat down a drainpipe 😂)

+6 for the round and giving 10 shots away. It's a hard game giving 10 shots when your opponent out drives you with his 3 wood 😉

Windy and squally showers frequently- got absolutely soaked on 18 and was dry by the 20th hole as it's quite warm today.

F9 feeling a bit better👏

• Like 5

Way to go perseveringgolfer!

Love those chip in birdies!

• Haha 1

77 today, made some really good shots, and some not so good. I’ve really got to figure out how to be more consistent and I’d imaging that’s got to do with being more disciplined and balanced and really having a better game plan for every shot

• Like 4

I played well today. I shot 78. It's been a while since I had a 7 in front of my score. Funny how you think you can't do it anymore, then...... there it is.

I had a relevently pain free round for the first time in quite a while. It's amazing how free you can swing without pain.

• Like 9

- 43/47 = 90 (+18)

- 8/15 FIR 

- 5/18 GIR 

- 34 Putts 

This was one of those rounds where the score isn't indicative of how I swung the club. Today was easily my best ball-striking/general iron and wood day of the year. I pured several irons, and man did it feel so great.

Of course, I couldn't get my chipping or putting to cooperate. Three three putts really hurt. And I hit the ball so well I overshot a few greens with my approaches. A nice problem to have, I suppose.

I lost a ball in the rough off of the fairway on No. 10. Second time this has happened in the last two rounds, and it's incredibly frustrating. Kind of derailed my round for about 3-4 holes until I got my mind off of it.

• Like 4

Decided to play the tips tonight on my evening 9 and shot +3.  Left 2 6' birdies on the course and left a 30 footer or so on the lip. 5 fairways and 3 greens.  

• Like 3

Why do I do this to myself?  My wife and I were just a twosome today; not many people out for some reason.  We played holes 1-4 and I was even par which is a good start for me; bogey on #3 and birdie on #4.  We had to wait on the group in front of us on the #4 tee and on the #5 tee.  At that time another twosome came up behind us, so we let them join us.  I was +7 on the rest of the front nine for a 44.  I was pi$$ed.  They were nice guys, but they never shut up and one guy was so deliberately slow.  It was excruciating!!  

At the turn I told my wife that I was going to totally ignore them; just like they weren't there, not even pay attention to where they hit the ball.  I usually try to be sociable when playing, but that didn't work on the front nine.  I had a birdie and two bogeys on the back nine for a 36; a round of 80.  I didn't hit the ball any better on the back nine; just focused better around the greens.

• Like 4

Oh, one more thing...

On the #7 tee box was a divot apparently from the group in front of us.  The fairway is to the left of the pond which is not in play off this tee unless you hit a really bad shot.  I'm guessing that the ball went in the water.  🤣

IMG_4196.jpg.95ea1f2efaf9476080ee9e044ff35a57.jpg

• Like 4

yesterday would have been a good round but I left 5 putts a half a roll away from the cup 😡, including #8 the dreaded par 4 that everyone at our club hates. Could have been a par - but walked off with a bogie. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1