MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

18 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

73 (par 73)

9/14 fir

14/18 gir

33 putts

Couldn't make anything and had 2 3 putts but overall hit the ball well. And it is now official I am a scratch golfer! Official index is 0.3 the lowest it has ever been. 

Very nice, congratulations Scratch golfer.👏

• Like 1
  • Love 1

73 (par 73)
9/14 fir
14/18 gir
33 putts
Couldn't make anything and had 2 3 putts but overall hit the ball well. And it is now official I am a scratch golfer! Official index is 0.3 the lowest it has ever been. 

Way to go Zipr!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).
  • Like 1

Played KickingBird Golf Club in Edmond, OK tonight with two of my sons. 

FIR: 4/13

GIR: 12/18

Putts: 27

Had a double bogey 6 on the front but birdied 3 out of the next 5 to get to one under. Had two birdies against one bogey on the back nine. I didn't feel like I actually hit the ball too well but got away with some things. The irons were very solid but the driver was a bit erratic. I also didn't use the best of course management on some holes but all in all not too bad. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

73 (par 73)

9/14 fir

14/18 gir

33 putts

Congratulations! That's so great!

• Like 2

91 (46/45) with 36 putts at Wailea GC Emerald. I was a disaster off the tee with my driver except for a 340 yard drive on 9, and could really never capitalize when I was in a decent situation. My putting sucked as well, but it’s all good. Just have to keep working to keep things simple and enjoy the game!

• Like 6

Nine hole walking round today with my regular group on Mondays.  Birdie on #2 and double bogey on #3; rest were pars for a +1 round of 38.  

Best shot was on the par 5 #5 hole; 147y 8i from a downhill lie out of the rough to 15 feet; missed the birdie putt!!  

I also did something on hole #8 that I have never done before from the Blue tees. I hit an iron!! The hole usually plays 180-215y depending on where the pin is located, where they place the tee box, and it usually plays into the prevailing wind.  It's a bugger of a hole for me.  I usually hit a hybrid, but it was a Red flag pin, the tee box was up, and I had a slight tailwind. My GPS said 174y to the front; I hit a 6i to 25 feet, but again missed the birdie putt.  

• Like 8

Shot a nice 91 yesterday that matched the 90 degree temps with no wind at all.When I’m swinging well I naturally take a medium to large size divot on my iron shots.The ball will come out lower and really has some sauce when it hits the greens (wedges especially).When I play real bad I have zero divot and the ball flies very poorly. 

Is a divot something I should force.Or just let it happen naturally?And why is it good days I take a natural flush divot 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Big money said:

Is a divot something I should force.Or just let it happen naturally?

Just let it happen, if it does. For me, when I'm just flushing my irons, I don't take a divot at all...but you should see the carpet rolls when I hit one fat!

• Like 3

Is a divot something I should force.Or just let it happen naturally?And why is it good days I take a natural flush divot 

Divots just happen based on swing. Don’t force it.

Lots of possible reasons you may get a divot one swing and not the next. Focusing on taking a divot may make you swing steep in an effort to hit down. Everything needs to work together
  • Like 5

Back to back 81s this week. 1 birdie each round, 1 double. Not playing enough to do much better, seem to just have a few misfires that lead to bogeys and the one bad hole where my brain gets in the way. Just gonna keep plugging away and enjoy the summer.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 4

Shot a 39 today. Could have easily been a 32. Hit the stick on the 2nd bounce dang near aced it... but my putting woes continue. I’ll make a 19 footer, but miss 3 inside 8’ for birdie... ☹️

Those doubles really sucked.hit something hard on the first one and “Alan’d” one off into some water. The second one I tricked a low cut punch under a tree and hit the next tree as square as you could.

IMG_6004.JPGIMG_6007.JPG

• Like 7

was very hot in Charleston over the weekend but ended up walking 18 holes. Shot a tough 88 (46/42). The 46 on the front was brutal. My hands were slipping on iron shots and causing me to shank a few. Not sure how I still managed a 46... Ended up borrowing a left handed glove (im a lefty & use right handed gloves) for more grip. Got it together and shot 42 to close. Happy to finish strong. I was like Tommy 2 gloves out there. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

was very hot in Charleston over the weekend but ended up walking 18 holes. Shot a tough 88 (46/42). The 46 on the front was brutal. My hands were slipping on iron shots and causing me to shank a few. Not sure how I still managed a 46... Ended up borrowing a left handed glove (im a lefty & use right handed gloves) for more grip. Got it together and shot 42 to close. Happy to finish strong. I was like Tommy 2 gloves out there. 

What course did you play?  I used to live in the area....Goose Creek and then in Mt Pleasant.  Played Crowfield and Snee Farm regularly, as well as a few others.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CarlH said:

What course did you play?  I used to live in the area....Goose Creek and then in Mt Pleasant.  Played Crowfield and Snee Farm regularly, as well as a few others.

Ha very cool. I was out at Yeamans Hall. Father-in-law is a part-time member. I live in the Mt. Pleasant area

• Like 1

Wow! For the second time in three weeks, I broke 80 with a 36/43:79! I had 6/14 FIRs , 7/18 GIRs & 30 putts. I started out with 5 Pars, then Bogey, Bogey, Birdie, Par for a smooth 36 on the Front 9. The back side was not as spectacular, shooting a 43: Bogey, 4 Pars, Bogey, Bogey, Double & Bogey. I was making great contact with my Callaway Rogue Driver with the longest drive at 221 yds.

BTW, I gamed the Wilson Staff C:25 Golfball ......that’s right! A 3 piece ball that was popular about 7 years ago. I had a dozen, purchased two years ago for $5/dozen..decided to pot them in play before breaking out the new Maxflis. Excellent performance, my golf buddies think it’s an illegal ball....LOL.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Shot a 39 today. Could have easily been a 32. Hit the stick on the 2nd bounce dang near aced it... but my putting woes continue. I’ll make a 19 footer, but miss 3 inside 8’ for birdie... ☹️

Those doubles really sucked.hit something hard on the first one and “Alan’d” one off into some water. The second one I tricked a low cut punch under a tree and hit the next tree as square as you could.

IMG_6004.JPGIMG_6007.JPG

14 putts is good.

8 feet is 50/50 on tour. Don't beat yourself up too bad on those.

Putting generally comes in spurts make a bunch miss a bunch. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Ha very cool. I was out at Yeamans Hall. Father-in-law is a part-time member. I live in the Mt. Pleasant area

I played Yeamans a few times. Lived in the area over 15 years. From 72-77 and again from 80-93

• Like 2

Tonight was either good or really bad: 4 pars, three triples (ugh), and two bogies. A storm started to roll through as we were finishing. The 17th par 3 was dead into the "freshening" breeze and 18 was straight downwind. See the screen caps below to compare two 7 irons. Both were solid. 

1961232395_Screenshot_20190702-192620_ShotScope.thumb.jpg.bfc71f3e9ddf53d6f68fa44966724113.jpg

212267650_Screenshot_20190702-192655_ShotScope.thumb.jpg.7504fcb01fc56a6e439f6006a0d006ef.jpg

We won't talk about the drive that required that long of a second shot when the other three in my group had little chips as second shots. Beyond that drive, I was very happy with driver tonight. 

• Like 6

84 (44/40). I was 9 over after 5 holes.......... 3 over the rest of the way with 2 birdies. Chipping cost me all of my strokes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

+6 after 9.Course was busy so I packed it in after 9 since Im walking 18 tomorrow. 

One of them days where I couldnt make 5 footers for par. Hit 3 bunkers wirh only one sand save. Got to the course and realized I left my teeing club (5w) at home. Duh...Had a 3h in my truck and played it.Hit it well but it is shorter then my 5w by 10-15 yards. Good practice though and I hit it well. 

• Like 4