:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

Wow! For the second time in three weeks, I broke 80 with a 36/43:79! I had 6/14 FIRs , 7/18 GIRs & 30 putts. I started out with 5 Pars, then Bogey, Bogey, Birdie, Par for a smooth 36 on the Front 9. The back side was not as spectacular, shooting a 43: Bogey, 4 Pars, Bogey, Bogey, Double & Bogey. I was making great contact with my Callaway Rogue Driver with the longest drive at 221 yds.

BTW, I gamed the Wilson Staff C:25 Golfball ......that’s right! A 3 piece ball that was popular about 7 years ago. I had a dozen, purchased two years ago for $5/dozen..decided to pot them in play before breaking out the new Maxflis. Excellent performance, my golf buddies think it’s an illegal ball....LOL.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Congratulations! That's great play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

On 7/2/2019 at 3:51 AM, Big money said:

Shot a nice 91 yesterday that matched the 90 degree temps with no wind at all.When I’m swinging well I naturally take a medium to large size divot on my iron shots.The ball will come out lower and really has some sauce when it hits the greens (wedges especially).When I play real bad I have zero divot and the ball flies very poorly. 

Is a divot something I should force.Or just let it happen naturally?And why is it good days I take a natural flush divot 

People are diggers (steep downswing) or sweepers (flat downswing).  Sounds like you are a digger, but never force it.  Just play your natural tendency.

• Like 3

Aging sucks...  Are you tough enough to get old?

15 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Wow! For the second time in three weeks, I broke 80 with a 36/43:79!

You are on FIRE 🔥 mate!

• Like 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
image.png.d3234685680a20916d0e53c90b4ba9b1.png KE4 Tour HDI 4 21°, 23° and 25° UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

The magical Spongebob ball was sadly lost 8 holes in last round... We saw where it hit in the rough but couldnt find it. Shot a 94 however with the SBSP ball I had 2 birdies, and 2 pars. One of the birdies was a chip in on a par 3 from about 30 out.  RIP SBSP

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Driver  :ping-small: G30 SF Tec Stiff 10* but turned down to 9*

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:    G30 Stiff Shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX 52*/56/*60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

- 38! (+2)

- 4/7 FIR

- 5/9 GIR 

- 14 Putts 

FINALLY! Things started clicking today. I made a few changes to my takeaway last night to get my left arm off of my chest. I was taking the club too far inside. What a world of difference it made, especially with the driver. 

We got almost two inches of rain yesterday so things were running really slow, and there was standing water on several fairways. I'm ecstatic with the round, which is my best ever. Still need to work on my approach game. I flew two greens with my approaches (one caused my only double bogey), and another hole I just horribly yanked a lob wedge pin high but left off the green. Those approaches were all 40-60 yards pitches that should have been easy GIRs and birdie opportunities.

I went par, birdie, birdie, par to finish out the round. I'm very happy about No. 7 especially. It's a 428-yard par 4 that is a dogleg left and is all uphill. I hit my drive 244 yards with a good view of the green, and then hit my 5 iron 177 yards (playing almost 190 up the hill) on to the green. Sank the 18 foot birdie putt.

EDIT:

Really cool to see my trend in The Grint because I've been working very hard at it this year:

image.png.461b8ff8d488f099df7c49f65844282b.png

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 13.4 (Last Updated June 2, 2020)

What's in my 2020 Sun Mountain Sync bag?

Driver: :callaway-small: Callaway Epic Flash, HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Black Star Sidewinder
3W: :mizuno-small: Mizuno GT 180, MRC Tensei White Stiff, Stock Mizuno/Golf Pride Tour Velvet
22° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra F8, AeroTech SteelFiber i95 Stiff, Black Star Sidewinder
5-GW: image.png.47d41317a1a558f00a2214a77fe46b6c.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff, Red Star Sidewinder
54°, 60°: image.png.47d41317a1a558f00a2214a77fe46b6c.png Maltby M-Series+, KBS 610 Stiff (54°), KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Regular (60°), Lamkin Crossline
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

2019 MGS Forum Tester - Callaway Epic Flash

Well,  a great day today. Shot an 80 on a real solid par 70 track this morning. (40-40) with 2 solid pars on the final 2 closing holes. Also had the great feeling of taking a solid flush divot all day long. Even taking a divot with my 3 wood. Not sure why, but when I get those divots the scores will be competitive for me. And the ball usually has a nice draw or fade on it that stays in play. Maybe when I don’t take a divot I lose my low point and flip at it 
lowest round in 2 seasons . So happy 

Way to go Big money!

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

54 minutes ago, Big money said:

Well,  a great day today. Shot an 80 on a real solid par 70 track this morning. (40-40) with 2 solid pars on the final 2 closing holes. Also had the great feeling of taking a solid flush divot all day long. Even taking a divot with my 3 wood. Not sure why, but when I get those divots the scores will be competitive for me. And the ball usually has a nice draw or fade on it that stays in play. Maybe when I don’t take a divot I lose my low point and flip at it 

lowest round in 2 seasons . So happy 

Congratulations!!  Seems like just last year, you were going to give up the game.  Keep up the great work!!

• Like 4

Surprise surprise .... bogeyed 17 and doubled 18 to shoot a 3 over par 75 (35/40).  Still struggling with this driver.  I'm convinced that this shaft just isn't working for me and I need to get back to my fitter and figure this out.

• Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Flicker and Smugmug

In AZ, it is possible to tee off at 6:15, play 9 very quickly and still not be off the course before it reaches 90º. Today was such a day.

I was getting too tired of the heat getting to me.  So armed with my trusty arsenal and two large bottles of PowerAde Zero®, off I went to the shorter executive course.

Driver loved me on the 4 holes I used it.  These were the 4 par 4s. For most of the western world, a driver might seem a bit overkill.  But, for me, at 350+ yards, a driver gives me the best chance to be on the green, perhaps, in 2. The drives were all in the fairway and averaged 240 or so after the roll; GIR in 2 of the 4. I parred 3 of the 4 and single bogied the other. 

Total putts were 17, no penalties and no OB.  Biggest problems came with the shot to the green after the first shots.  Yes, I did the par 4s well but most of the par 3s were not on the green in 1.  Tended to over fly with my 5h off the tee or with my 7i. 

I guess since I wanted to finish quickly, I rushed myself a lot, especially on the final 3.

Total was a 4 over 42, not bad all considered.

4th of July will be indoor work prior to picnic consumption.

• Like 4

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Surprise surprise .... bogeyed 17 and doubled 18 to shoot a 3 over par 75 (35/40).  Still struggling with this driver.  I'm convinced that this shaft just isn't working for me and I need to get back to my fitter and figure this out.

Now I need strokes!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yesterday was my last round in Myrtle Beach until September. I'm heading up to Long Island for two months.

I played in my club's Tuesday members league. We played a game called break par this week. 40 guys in two flights. If you shoot a net 71, you win money, how much depends on how many others in your flight do it also.

I've been playing pretty well lately (for my level anyway) but I screwed up a few holes by really pulling approach shots from the fairway, and took a 6 on a par 3 (ugh, buried in the face, then skulled it out of "mud") I hit the driver really well and putted ok, but shot an 85, which was a net 72 (so no money 😥) 6 guys broke their par and got $66 each.

I'm happy with my round, but my hcap has really been going down the last month and a half, but I need to clean up some of the recurring mistakes, both physical and mental, in my game this summer. Should have plenty of time to practice up north, as I won't be playing as many rounds up there as I do down here at the beach. 

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 10.5* Bassara

:callaway-small: Rogue 15*  Quaranta 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash hybrids 18* & 21* Tensei Silver

:callaway-small: Rogue X 5-AW Tensei Silver 

:callaway-small: MD4 52* & 56*

:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 34"

:callaway-small: Fusion Zero 14 way stand bag

:EVNROLL: ER5 (on order) & :yes-small: Tracy putters will be sitting in a :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 bag, just waiting for the :odyssey-small: to misbehave.

10 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I played in my club's Tuesday members league. We played a game called break par this week. 40 guys in two flights. If you shoot a net 71, you win money, how much depends on how many others in your flight do it also.

Also called "sandbagger's delight"  😄 😄 😄

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Flicker and Smugmug

80 meh...

But I’m putting better, only 25 putts today!

but that just means I shot like crap

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

43 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Also called "sandbagger's delight"  😄 😄 😄

Amen brother.

I'm the guy busting it, trying to go as low as I can. I want to get to single digits so badly. You see a lot of others start to pull their putts, or come up short when they think they're safely within their number. Fortunately the course we played yesterday, (the Love Course at Barefoot) has 2 difficult finishing holes on each nine, so even if we go off split tees the 'baggers have to be careful. We call 17 and 18 the holes "where good rounds go to die..."

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 10.5* Bassara

:callaway-small: Rogue 15*  Quaranta 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash hybrids 18* & 21* Tensei Silver

:callaway-small: Rogue X 5-AW Tensei Silver 

:callaway-small: MD4 52* & 56*

:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 34"

:callaway-small: Fusion Zero 14 way stand bag

:EVNROLL: ER5 (on order) & :yes-small: Tracy putters will be sitting in a :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 bag, just waiting for the :odyssey-small: to misbehave.

Shot 77 today but it was actually a great round. Lipped out 6 birdie putts from 12-30 feet. 

I was 4 over on the front and only one over on the back. No doubles. One birdie. Played the last 5 holes in -1.

Bought a sleeve of the standard prov1s before my round today after reading about guys like Rory, day and jt switching to the non x version of their respective balls to get better iron and wedge control. My God I loved it.  Great feel off every club, such great control with irons and wedges. I think I found my new gamer ball. 3 dozen zstar XVs for sale soon. 

I think the Spider X is in for an extended stay in the bag as well. 

• Like 7

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 Plus Ping 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

Shot 77 today but it was actually a great round. Lipped out 6 birdie putts from 12-30 feet. 
I was 4 over on the front and only one over on the back. No doubles. One birdie. Played the last 5 holes in -1.
Bought a sleeve of the standard prov1s before my round today after reading about guys like Rory, day and jt switching to the non x version of their respective balls to get better iron and wedge control. My God I loved it.  Great feel off every club, such great control with irons and wedges. I think I found my new gamer ball. 3 dozen zstar XVs for sale soon. 
I think the Spider X is in for an extended stay in the bag as well. 

Nice shooting. If you like the PV1 try the Tour B XS... you’ll be happy.

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

Shot 77 today but it was actually a great round. Lipped out 6 birdie putts from 12-30 feet. Played the last 5 holes in -1.

... Very nice.  I was the opposite. I was -1 going into 17 playing with the assistant pro and a college kid that works at the course. 174 yd par 3 and a perfect 7 iron. For no reason and out of nowhere I pulled it 10 yards into the water. Now hitting 3 I hit another into almost the exact same ripple center. Now I am hitting 5 and hit it to 6 inches for an easy tap in triple bogie. Hit a nice drive on 18, one of my longest of the day and had 171 to a middle pin and pulled a 7 iron (again?) into the lip of the bunker and had to hit it backwards. Sand was still wet so straight faced a runner to 4 feet and made the putt for bogie going from -1 to +3 in the last two holes. 

... Some days your the windshield and some day your the bug. 

• Like 6

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 17* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 2 iron ... Kuro Kage Black 90Hys 
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Bobby Grace 6330 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x