Jump to content
MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

69

8/14 fir

13/18 gir

28 putts

Pretty boring round. Hit it solid just nothing tight. Seemed like every birdie putt was from 25 feet, nothing wrong with that though . Only 1 bogey, still searching for my first clean card. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

69

8/14 fir

13/18 gir

28 putts

Pretty boring round. Hit it solid just nothing tight. Seemed like every birdie putt was from 25 feet, nothing wrong with that though . Only 1 bogey, still searching for my first clean card. 

My goal is to have 'boring' rounds like this one day, haha!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

My goal is to have 'boring' rounds like this one day, haha!

Don’t get me wrong, boring golf is about the most exciting thing there is. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played a slow nine last night as we waited for backed up league play on many holes. Anyways, shot a 40 but still felt like I played decent just a couple things here and there. Ball was flying insanely far here, wouldn't be surprised if at least one of my dives saw 330. 

FIR 4/7

GIR 5/9

putts- 18

Could have easily shot way lower just a couple wrong club choices left me short or long heading into some par 5s after completely roasting my driver down the middle of the fairway on both of them. I need to stat getting the putting rolling because right now I feel like I am just a big long drive applicant with no game to compliment it all. Very frustrating.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Pretty boring round. Don’t get me wrong, boring golf is about the most exciting thing there is.

I want to also play boring golf again, one day. 👍

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was 5 over thru 11 before a big storm hit. Driver swing was pretty good today but iron swing was slightly off. Short game saved a few shots

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shot an 84 today while on vacation. Still lost to my 8 year old cousin who shot 77....but sorta expected that anyway 🤣


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Routine 75 this morning. Nothing great and nothing terrible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played early today... teed off at 7:20; the earliest I've played in years.  Plus no breakfast.  I had two birdies, played 5 par 3's in -1....   and shot 87... 'nuff said!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a 2pm tee time today and I expected a slow, busy day but the opposite was true - we had the course basically to ourselves! It was amazing! I played with my two older boys - I played really well and then went home to grill for family and friends. A really great day - so thankful!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

78

5/14 fir

8/18 gir

31 putts

Couldn’t really hit anything just one of those days. Played as a six some with guys I don’t normally play with. It was just too much. Lost interest after 5 holes. We waited as 6 on every shot and still played in 4 hours. Felt like an eternity though. Going to give it another shot this afternoon. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

78

5/14 fir

8/18 gir

31 putts

Couldn’t really hit anything just one of those days. Played as a six some with guys I don’t normally play with. It was just too much. Lost interest after 5 holes. We waited as 6 on every shot and still played in 4 hours. Felt like an eternity though. Going to give it another shot this afternoon. 

My muni decided last year to allow 5-somes play because of the men's gangsome.  There are times when they have an odd number of players, so 5-somes are created.  The men's club is not speedy, but on the weekends they aren't the slowest groups either.  However, having seen 5-somes out on the course, many people request a 5-some group because the pro has allowed it in the men's gangsome.  These groups have no business being 5-somes and clog up the course.  I can't imagine a 6-some.  

However, when my wife and I got married, we rented the local 9-hole course for the day and had several large groups out playing. Our group was a 9-some!!  🤣

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

My muni decided last year to allow 5-somes play because of the men's gangsome.  There are times when they have an odd number of players, so 5-somes are created.  The men's club is not speedy, but on the weekends they aren't the slowest groups either.  However, having seen 5-somes out on the course, many people request a 5-some group because the pro has allowed it in the men's gangsome.  These groups have no business being 5-somes and clog up the course.  I can't imagine a 6-some.  

However, when my wife and I got married, we rented the local 9-hole course for the day and had several large groups out playing. Our group was a 9-some!!  🤣

Our pro let’s us play however many we want because he knows we won’t hold anything up. Course was full and being a holiday you get some once a year golfers which is always entertaining. If it’s 6 players of the same ability it’s fine by me, but we had handicaps ranging from 0 to 20 so there were holes that I was waiting for two guys to hit 3 shots before I could hit my second. I don’t know how many times I lost track of where everyone was. That’s the part that made it rough. 4 hours on 4th of July is pretty good in the grand scheme of things. 
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shot 45/42:87 today in mid 90* heat. No birdies, but hit fairways today. Had to scramble from longer distances as I popped up a couple drives.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 out , 38 back...

Dumb mistakes.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 out/47 in
5/14 Fairways
4 GIRs
39 Putts
1 birdie, 2 pars, all the rest crap
First time playing this track, it was nice but I couldn't putt to save my life. Had a 295 yd drive with a GW in on the 1st hole and got it to within 4 feet...finished that hole with a 3-putt bodgey.
Here's how close I was to an ace, and did make this one for birdie.
IMG_3249.JPG


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played in our annual men's July 4th tournament today.  Was a shotgun start and my day started on our par 3 14th that I missed an ace twice by two inches.  Ball mark was two inches left of the cup and it spun back to two inches on the right side of the cup.  My caddy consoled me by telling me he had no idea how it didn't go in....thanks.  Played another 16 holes in between with some ups and downs then on my final hole drove the par 4 13th and rolled in a 20 footer for eagle to finish at even par for the day.  Should have been a lot lower considering I made next to nothing today, rolled a lot of great putts that just didn't drop.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-1, 71 again today. 2 birds 1 bogey. 4/4 scrambling on the front. Only missed 1 green on the back and didn’t get up and down there.

Should have been 1 under on the front because I ‘made’ a 50 footer but no one was tending the pin (because of the new flag rule) so instead of dropping in, the flag rattled it out! But it was 2 guys I didn’t know that I was playing with so I just took the par and didn’t say anything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shot a blah 53 over 9 holes today. 3 penalties off the tee and a 10 on a par 5 where my swing completely left me right from the duck hook off the tee. Like I had never hit a ball before.

But my son was out there with me so it was a great round


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...