MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Played in our annual men's July 4th tournament today.  Was a shotgun start and my day started on our par 3 14th that I missed an ace twice by two inches.  Ball mark was two inches left of the cup and it spun back to two inches on the right side of the cup.  My caddy consoled me by telling me he had no idea how it didn't go in....thanks.  Played another 16 holes in between with some ups and downs then on my final hole drove the par 4 13th and rolled in a 20 footer for eagle to finish at even par for the day.  Should have been a lot lower considering I made next to nothing today, rolled a lot of great putts that just didn't drop.

• Like 8

-1, 71 again today. 2 birds 1 bogey. 4/4 scrambling on the front. Only missed 1 green on the back and didn’t get up and down there.

Should have been 1 under on the front because I ‘made’ a 50 footer but no one was tending the pin (because of the new flag rule) so instead of dropping in, the flag rattled it out! But it was 2 guys I didn’t know that I was playing with so I just took the par and didn’t say anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Shot a blah 53 over 9 holes today. 3 penalties off the tee and a 10 on a par 5 where my swing completely left me right from the duck hook off the tee. Like I had never hit a ball before.

But my son was out there with me so it was a great round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My muni decided last year to allow 5-somes play because of the men's gangsome.  There are times when they have an odd number of players, so 5-somes are created.  The men's club is not speedy, but on the weekends they aren't the slowest groups either.  However, having seen 5-somes out on the course, many people request a 5-some group because the pro has allowed it in the men's gangsome.  These groups have no business being 5-somes and clog up the course.  I can't imagine a 6-some.  

However, when my wife and I got married, we rented the local 9-hole course for the day and had several large groups out playing. Our group was a 9-some!!  🤣

We used to play 6-somes regularly at Yellowstone Country Club in under 4 hours.  The pro knew who could do that and who couldn't.  All it takes is ready golf and not taking a gazillion practice swings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

47 out , 38 back...

Dumb mistakes.

sounds a lot like my game......particularly the dumb mistakes part!!!!!

• Like 1

sounds a lot like my game......particularly the dumb mistakes part!!!!!

Yep. Tried to stretch a 8 iron... should have just took a bit off a 7. Cost me 5 strokes when it was all said and done.
  • Like 4

41 after hitting all fairways, 1 GIR, and 15 putts. Had. my daugters boyfriend with me who has never hit a balll  in his life besides mini golf. Gave him a crash course on the lesson mat on the back of hole 11 and hit a couple dozen in to  a net. He did ok alll things considerex. My clubs are a half over and he needs another inch at least. We survived that and a dead cart on hole 12.  He was very humbled at how hard the game is. 

• Like 3

87 (46/41) with 34 putts. 22% GIR and 50% FIR . Had fun playing with @yungkory again and we had lots of laughs as usual!

• Like 9

78 (par 73)

9/14 fir

10/18 gir 

31 putts

One of the most bizarre rounds I have played in a long time. Shot 43 on front nine and didn’t really hit a bad shot. 3rd hole hit green and it spun 25 yards down a hill. 6th hole landed ball 5 feet right of hole spun into a bunker. Twice had wrong club in my hand and cart was too far away to switch. 🤦‍♂️  Back nine had 3 birdie putts inside 10 feet and 4 more inside 20. Never missed a shot until 16th tee and hit a hosel rocket with an 8 Iron 🤷‍♂️. Actually hit the ball good and just got nothing out of the round. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

50 out/47 in
5/14 Fairways
4 GIRs
39 Putts
1 birdie, 2 pars, all the rest crap
First time playing this track, it was nice but I couldn't putt to save my life. Had a 295 yd drive with a GW in on the 1st hole and got it to within 4 feet...finished that hole with a 3-putt bodgey.
Here's how close I was to an ace, and did make this one for birdie.
IMG_3249.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's the track?  It's been too long since I was in ABQ.

• Like 1

87 (46/41) with 34 putts. 22% GIR and 50% FIR . Had fun playing with[mention=72400]yungkory[/mention] again and we had lots of laughs as usual!
(90) 89 ESC
7/14 fir
8/18 gir
37 putts!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I actually hit 7 fairways, it really didn't seem like it. Thanks for the invite braddah man!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

48 45
37 Putts
33% GIR
43% FIR

Finally got the driving working better. Was really struggling with it for a while. Handicap trending to a 15.5 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

13 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Had my daugters boyfriend with me who has never hit a balll  in his life besides mini golf. Gave him a crash course on the lesson mat on the back of hole 11 and hit a couple dozen in to  a net. He did ok alll things considerex. My clubs are a half over and he needs another inch at least. We survived that and a dead cart on hole 12.  He was very humbled at how hard the game is. 

... First time I played golf was at a Chicago Bears outing in 1983 that I attended not to play golf, which I considered a silly easy game for fat people in ridiculous clothes, but I went to meet the Bears players. I parred the first 2 holes with a borrowed persimmon wood and MB irons. It was pretty easy. Saw my partners swinging harder and hitting it farther so I decided to join them. Hit a slice off the golf course on #3 so on text hole it was an easy enough adjustment and I just made sure I turned my hands over just like hitting a line drive to left field. I hooked it far into the woods. The rest of the round was a myriad of a few good shots but many more hooks and slices. I was smitten by the challenge and decided to conquer this game and figured it would take a few weeks, maybe a month. A full year later and still struggling I too was humbled by just how hard this game is. 

• Like 3

78 today😡

Level after 8 with 8 FIR and 8 GIR using the Precision Pro NX9 HD for the first time in competition- I was swinging easily at the ball knowing the exact yardage to the pin- putting was awful - 2 putting from 12 feet and 3 putting from longer😡

there then proceeded 3 double bogies from the middle of the fairway (usually coming up short then a chip and 3 putts😡) and 2 bogies again with poor putting.

I would be half decent if I could putt (37 putts)

Confidence is high with the long game but putting is killing me. I think my head is full of spaghetti when it comes to the easiest part of the game 😂

Playing a scratch matchplay tie in the morning so will be focusing on the putting line only, then just hit the damn ball at the hole lol

Pro said I was probably adding loft to my putts, so changing set up tomorrow.

• Like 4

83 from the tournament tees. Swing was not so great and having to wait every shot from around the 7th hole was not helping. 3rd group out and we couldn’t finish in under 4 hours 

• Like 5

A very symmetrical 44/44 with 8 pars and no birds despite having looks at 3 of them. 3'rd sub-90 round in as many weeks. I could get used to this! 😎

Putting was OK, while scrambling was an A+ since I used my 8i more often than my 60* for more controllable bump-n-runs rather than spraying flop shots with my many near-green missed approaches. Driver was "meh" though with a recent shaft change I "think" it was better on the course. Of course it was a monster on the range, but it seems rare to have that warm-up translate to actual play which is something I gotta figure out...in a hurry! FW's as usual saved my bacon most of the day with 2 fine 7w shots that were, for me, amazing left-to-righters that went flag hunting on both, just a little long.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

86 (42/44) with 37 putts including four 3 putts (🤬) and 44% GIR/36% FIR at Hawaii Kai Championship Course. It was my first time playing there and I really enjoyed the layout, but my putting was terrible. I did have some positives to take way from the round though so it wasn’t all bad!

IMG_3374.JPG

IMG_3377.JPG

Such awesome pics! Keep 'em coming Mister!

• Like 2

I played with @MattF yesterday and another friend. Played pretty well, but had a few untimely mistakes on the front. Started the back with 5 straight pars, then the skies opened up as we were finishing the 15th hole. We waited out the rain because we were playing well. Maybe we should have packed it in. Limped in with damp gloves, wet grips, and really soggy course. Ended up 45/40 with 8 FIR, 6 GIR, 32 putts, and 2 sand saves. 

• Like 4