MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

32 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I played with @MattF yesterday and another friend. Played pretty well, but had a few untimely mistakes on the front. Started the back with 5 straight pars, then the skies opened up as we were finishing the 15th hole. We waited out the rain because we were playing well. Maybe we should have packed it in. Limped in with damp gloves, wet grips, and really soggy course. Ended up 45/40 with 8 FIR, 6 GIR, 32 putts, and 2 sand saves. 

Had you had a cooler of beer with you, the weather wouldn't have been an issue 😄 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lovely day today and my wife and I played alone for the front nine.  We were the first group behind the men's club gangsome.  They actually played fairly fast for them (2 hours on the front), but pace slowed up on the back nine (2.5 hours).  The back nine is shorter par 35.  We picked up a single at the turn. I thought adding another person would slow us down a little so we wouldn't have to wait as much, but we ended up waiting more.  Must have been a lot of quarters riding on the last few holes!!

I shot +1/+5 or 38/40 for a 78 with 2 birdies; one on the #1 handicap hole!!

10/13 fairways but only 5/18 greens

27 putts

I started to lose a little focus on holes 12-15 where I went Double, bogey, bogey, bogey; but I got it back at the end.  The fire off hole #17 where I made birdie...

IMG_4200.thumb.jpg.b4231241c4d4c83b40170cac8dd5bae7.jpg

• Like 6

I may be sparking a trend!! Broke 80 again! I'm hopeful that when the testing begins with the Lynx VTs, I'll continue to see the trend continue or improve.

Played the Raven in PHX for the first time. Tremendously fun and challenging course. Not just a grip n rip course but you have to manage or you'll get beat up. For $30 it's worth flirting with heat stroke. inCollage_20190706_200047411.jpeg0706191934a.jpeg0706191655a.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 9

6/14 fir

8/18 gir

31 putts

Worst ball striking round of the year. Luckily I know tomorrow is a different day. 

• Like 5

85(46/39). The driver, and chipping yips are destroying my rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I’m going to change it up just a little, I went  to the range tonight after a long day of work. I only hit a 6 iron. It was a good session.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, jlukes said:

Shot 77 today but it was actually a great round. Lipped out 6 birdie putts from 12-30 feet. 

I was 4 over on the front and only one over on the back. No doubles. One birdie. Played the last 5 holes in -1.

Bought a sleeve of the standard prov1s before my round today after reading about guys like Rory, day and jt switching to the non x version of their respective balls to get better iron and wedge control. My God I loved it.  Great feel off every club, such great control with irons and wedges. I think I found my new gamer ball. 3 dozen zstar XVs for sale soon. 

I think the Spider X is in for an extended stay in the bag as well. 

Which neck/sight lines you got on that Spider X? I was rolling the #3 (small slant hosel) with that white true path alignment and that might be the easiest putter to line up that I've ever picked up. Never had a chance to try out an MLA but I can see why people would like them and benefit from the tech.

3 hours ago, yungkory said:

Which neck/sight lines you got on that Spider X? I was rolling the #3 (small slant hosel) with that white true path alignment and that might be the easiest putter to line up that I've ever picked up. Never had a chance to try out an MLA but I can see why people would like them and benefit from the tech.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190619170029795_COVER.jpg

• Like 1

A buddy and I went up to Lakewood Shores Golf Resort in northern Michigan and played 18 on Blackshire and then 18 on The Gailes. Absolutely beautiful courses, but holy cow were they tough. Missing the fairway had you in a real tough spot to scramble back from, and waaay too many times forced us to take penalty strokes. Tons of huge fairway bunkers, tough greens, deep greenside bunkers. Really challenging but lots of fun. We definitely should have played from the whites, but played blues.

First 8 on the Blackshire was probably the best golf I've ever played, and then absolutely butchered the par 5. Bringing it in with an 11 was absolutely embarrassing. Basically couldn't get the feel back for the remaining 27 holes of the weekend unfortunately. Went 101 on Blackshire, 110 on The Gailes. Felt uncomfortable off the tee and that's (again) what really ballooned the score.

Bright spot of the weekend though was this putt I sank for birdie. Probably the longest putt I've ever holed out!

IMG_20190705_162342982_HDR.thumb.jpg.9cb98c111a1a396d7fa5a520c50c61b7.jpg

• Like 7

Two great rounds to report!

Saturday

- 44/38 = 82 (+10) 

- 8/15 FIR 

- 9/18 GIR 

- 34 Putts 

Summer finally hit Michigan, and it's been pretty dry all week, so the balls were rolling and flying well. Played with my in-laws and my wife rode along as well.

The front was kind of a struggle. After a good opening par and an OK bogey at No. 2, we played through a foursome on the third tee box who didn't bother to turn off their music or stop talking during our tee shots. I heeled my driver (to which one of the guys apparently said quite audibly, "He lost that way right," even though I was about a yard off the fairway) and then hit a three poor shots in a row leading to a double bogey. Kind of rattled me for the next two holes. (As an aside, I'm glad they let us play through. We played 16 holes in the time it took them to play nine.)

Absolute solid play on the back, though. Ran off a bunch of pars and hit six greens in regulation. Disappointing three putt on 17 after hitting the green in two, but had a solid par on 18 to cement a 38 and my best ever back nine and best ever 18 hole score.

Sunday

- 42/41 = 83 (+11) 

- 7/15 FIR 

- 10/18 GIR 

- 36 Putts 

We had an unexpected rain storm overnight, and the course got hit with more than two inches of water. Puddles everywhere. When I teed off just before 7 AM, the owner was just getting pumps ready. Hole No. 2 green was partially submerged in water. Completely different conditions from Saturday. (Owner later told me he pumped almost 8,000 gallons of water off the green complex at No. 2.)

Both nines were a struggle as I was fighting my swing all morning. But, the major difference between the past and now, is that even if I'm struggling, I'm able to adjust and hit fairways and greens. Sometimes it just isn't pretty.

I hit lots of greens but only had one legitimate chance for birdie at No. 17, where I just missed a 10-footer underneath the hole. 

Very excited to post my two best ever 18 hole scores. Still a lot of work to be done getting my swing right, but tomorrow I'm taking the day off! Sometimes, just too many swings gets me uncomfortable and I need the rest to relax and reset.

• Like 9

Willows Run Eagle's Talon

45 49

30 Putts (No 3 Putts! All time low at this course)

11% GIR

43% FIR

Struggling with my driver yet again. I am getting a lot of topped drives creating low top spinning shots that barely make it to the fairway leaving me with a lot of iron work to do. I need to take some time at the range and workout the driver yips. Not sure where they came from as I was having a lot of success earlier this year with it.

• Like 7

Won my scratch tie today - didnt deserve to - was 2 up after 5 then reached our par 5 with a booming drive and 5 iron, then a 3 putt from 20 feet for a half🙄

3 up at the turn, then started to play like a hacker, and also more 3 putts!

All square going down the par 5 18th and only won as he took 5 shots from 100yds

79 hacks from me- did I mention I cant putt!

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Won my scratch tie today - didnt deserve to - was 2 up after 5 then reached our par 5 with a booming drive and 5 iron, then a 3 putt from 20 feet for a half🙄

3 up at the turn, then started to play like a hacker, and also more 3 putts!

All square going down the par 5 18th and only won as he took 5 shots from 100yds

79 hacks from me- did I mention I cant putt!

...  As you well know, putting and putting under tournament pressure are two completely different things. Well Done! 👍 

• Like 6

Well today was NOT good. Started double, par, par, birdie then felt a twinge in my lower back on the 5th tee shot. Did my best to gut it out to shoot 43/47 but probably should have just stopped after the pain started. I am now laying on the couch with the inability to stand straight up! I really hope I didn’t mess something up permanently. I did manage to play the second hardest hole on the course 2 under for the day but played 2 of the 3 easiest 4 over! Lol. Gonna need some rest for my lynx review coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Well today was NOT good. Started double, par, par, birdie then felt a twinge in my lower back on the 5th tee shot. Did my best to gut it out to shoot 43/47 but probably should have just stopped after the pain started. I am now laying on the couch with the inability to stand straight up! I really hope I didn’t mess something up permanently. I did manage to play the second hardest hole on the course 2 under for the day but played 2 of the 3 easiest 4 over! Lol. Gonna need some rest for my lynx review coming up.

Oh man that stinks. Heal up homie! We have a lot of work ahead of us when the clubs finally do get here. Hopefully it's just a pinched nerve or strain that will heal quickly and nothing long term.

• Like 1

8 FW,
9 Gr,
31 putts   
44/37 81

Pretty happy with the way I played today;  a few bad swings with a lost ball and OB resulting in a double and triple on the front 9.    

• Like 8

Oh man that stinks. Heal up homie! We have a lot of work ahead of us when the clubs finally do get here. Hopefully it's just a pinched nerve or strain that will heal quickly and nothing long term.

Yes we do. I’m leaning towards pinched nerve as the real pain is when I try to stand up from sitting and trying to straighten my back.

Yep. Tried to stretch a 8 iron... should have just took a bit off a 7. Cost me 5 strokes when it was all said and done.

Been there buddy.

Couples golf today, playing with a friend.  Format was Chapman, so no idea how I personally played, but I was striking the ball well and putting well.  Unfortunately, my playing partner wasn't long off the tee, so she couldn't get me into position to have a decent shot at greens, nor could she get to the greens from my drives, but it was a fun day.  3 couples per team (plus individual couple teams) made for a long 5 hour round.  Our team of 6 took 2nd net (scoring was by best net ball in group).  As a couple, we didn't place.

• Like 5