Jump to content
MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Recommended Posts

Been 3 weeks since I've played a full round and my front 9 definitely showed rust. Especially around the greens, I had 3 chips on one hole... 😬 Pretty happy with my round overall though, ended up +9 on the front, and -1 on the back for an 80. I had one of my best driving days ever, hitting 11-14 fairways. My putter was really cold until the 12th when I made a 6 footer to save par, and then the force field around the hole lifted, and I made 2 birdie putts form 20 feet and a few good par saves. Really gotta get my touch back around the greens. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one of those days where I was not hitting the ball very well with any club... it seemed.  However, I did shoot +5/+3 for an 80; only one birdie.  Chipping was decent, putting not like I expect.

62% fairways

44% greens

31 putts, including a 3-putt on the 1st hole.  Haven't had one of those for quite awhile.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cnosil said:

8 FW,
9 Gr,
31 putts   
44/37 81

Pretty happy with the way I played today;  a few bad swings with a lost ball and OB resulting in a double and triple on the front 9.    

How would you rate your new short game swing?  What are you doing differently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Well today was NOT good. Started double, par, par, birdie then felt a twinge in my lower back on the 5th tee shot. Did my best to gut it out to shoot 43/47 but probably should have just stopped after the pain started. I am now laying on the couch with the inability to stand straight up! I really hope I didn’t mess something up permanently. I did manage to play the second hardest hole on the course 2 under for the day but played 2 of the 3 easiest 4 over! Lol. Gonna need some rest for my lynx review coming up.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Don’t push it!! Even with the review coming up, take your time. Back issues are no joke. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

75

9/14 fir

10/18 gir

30 putts 

Hit my irons great. 6 birdie putts inside 15 feet and an eagle putt inside 10. However nothing fell. Only made 2 of them. Averaged 12.5 feet from hole on the greens I hit. I did tweak my back on driver swing off 9 so it’s been heat and ice and couch all afternoon 😢

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should’ve stayed home today. 98 (47/51), 33 putts, 11% GIR, and 29% FIR. I had a couple shanks for good measure. Pretty discouraging round, but that’s golf for you!

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poorly, I think. My Shot Scope decided to split my round in two for some odd reason. The course was really wet and my feet were soaked by the third . On the seventh it started to rain and continued until the 10th.

Driver was misbehaving all day so I gave it a time out for a few holes and tee'd off using 3 wood and the TE CBX 119 3 hybrid 

Spoiler

(I LOVE this club)

until I changed something in my setup on 18 and drove one straight down the guts past the 150 marker. Hopefully I'll remember that next week. I believe I was somewhere in the high 80's.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropped a 74 today as game was firing on all cylinders. 4 birdies for 35-39 as back 9 much tougher than front at my home course. It was nice to get out of the 80s

Take Dead Aim

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How would you rate your new short game swing?  What are you doing differently?

Right now I would say I at 2 out of 5 when on the course and 3.5 out if 5 in practice. I like the direction it is going but I still have some work to do on shorter shots and distance control. Definitely more confidence.

It seems like I am doing a lot differently. Strengthened right hand grip, changed backswing and turn, changed how I deliver the club on downswing to expose more bounce and shallower arc, more rotation in downswing, better swing plane, and not dropping down on the swing. we broke the swing down into a lot of pieces and have a couple of drills to work on all of this. Basically following the approach of Jeff Pierce or James Ridyard. Was the approach I was trying but there are a lot of subtleties that need to be explained and broken down.
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 2:08 PM, JonMUSC08 said:

was very hot in Charleston over the weekend but ended up walking 18 holes. Shot a tough 88 (46/42). The 46 on the front was brutal. My hands were slipping on iron shots and causing me to shank a few. Not sure how I still managed a 46... Ended up borrowing a left handed glove (im a lefty & use right handed gloves) for more grip. Got it together and shot 42 to close. Happy to finish strong. I was like Tommy 2 gloves out there. 

The Charleston area was ridiculously humid last week. I played Stono Ferry on Thursday and had to put on my rain gloves just to keep the club from slipping. I played Coosaw Creek on Friday and it wasn't nearly as bad. I live in Mt. P as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Was fortunate to play 36 with @Wedgie at his club yesterday and we had a match play round in the afternoon...all square going into a really tough par 3 that's uphill all the way and a tiny green guarded by bunkers everywhere. Hit a good one but from the tee you can't see the ball.

Thinking that I'd be taking a 1 up lead he drops it right on top of me. 😯MVIMG_20190707_150420.jpg

How'd I play?  Not well enough as Stroker came to my house and took my money.  It was a fun day though and I look forward to doing it again soon.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

How'd I play?  Not well enough as Stroker came to my house and took my money.  It was a fun day though and I look forward to doing it again soon.

To be fair I was only very marginally better... hopefully we can both get things figured out before the BIG ONE.

My #9 is going back in the pile of do-not-use....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chershey said:

The Charleston area was ridiculously humid last week. I played Stono Ferry on Thursday and had to put on my rain gloves just to keep the club from slipping. I played Coosaw Creek on Friday and it wasn't nearly as bad. I live in Mt. P as well.

I hate playing in ridiculous humidity!  Play early here and the humidity is 75% from overnight irrigation; 4 hours later and the humidity is 15%.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

I hate playing in ridiculous humidity!  Play early here and the humidity is 75% from overnight irrigation; 4 hours later and the humidity is 15%.

Haha I wish. Come over here to Windsor across the border of Detroit and play a round. Humidity is supposed to get up to 82 percent later on today.

image.png.b1097a607f39ed2a61622292d8e9d80c.png

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chershey said:

The Charleston area was ridiculously humid last week. I played Stono Ferry on Thursday and had to put on my rain gloves just to keep the club from slipping. I played Coosaw Creek on Friday and it wasn't nearly as bad. I live in Mt. P as well.

And this is why I don't miss that area.  Moved out west 25 years ago and haven't looked back.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a series of seriously declining rounds my golfing confidence was getting a bit shaken .... which was then followed by an extended layoff due to family stuff .... which was followed the past week by a series of three increasingly better Par 3 rounds .... which was followed up yesterday with a (regulation) 9-hole round played from the forward tees with just a set of old wedges and an extra 4H .... which resulted in me having one of my best 9-hole rounds!

Not sure exactly where I ended up but I think it was +10 with mostly bogeys - at least two or three of which I had a chance for a par putt but just missed - plus one par (with an outside chance on a birdie putt), two doubles (nothing worse; one was a 3 putt), no penalties.

Even tho I felt like I threw away a shot on almost every hole with a mis-hit, overall I had more good and playable shots that were moving in (generally 🤣) the right direction ... So feeling better and still chasing that elusive bogey golf game....!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

After a series of seriously declining rounds my golfing confidence was getting a bit shaken .... which was then followed by an extended layoff due to family stuff .... which was followed the past week by a series of three increasingly better Par 3 rounds .... which was followed up yesterday with a (regulation) 9-hole round played from the forward tees with just a set of old wedges and an extra 4H .... which resulted in me having one of my best 9-hole rounds!

Not sure exactly where I ended up but I think it was +10 with mostly bogeys - at least two or three of which I had a chance for a par putt but just missed - plus one par (with an outside chance on a birdie putt), two doubles (nothing worse; one was a 3 putt), no penalties.

Even tho I felt like I threw away a shot on almost every hole with a mis-hit, overall I had more good and playable shots that were moving in (generally 🤣) the right direction ... So feeling better and still chasing that elusive bogey golf game....!

 

... Good to be back huh? 👍  I think all of us are always chasing the elusive ________________ (fill in the blank with your appropriate goal)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... Good to be back huh? 👍  I think all of us are always chasing the elusive ________________ (fill in the blank with your appropriate goal)

Thanks! And yeah - have to keep reminding myself that a golfer doesn't actually reach, or achieve, a set stage of golfing ability; the game itself is a constant and continuing quest for "better"....................

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CarlH said:

And this is why I don't miss that area.  Moved out west 25 years ago and haven't looked back.

Yeah, I would love to move out west but my wife is a born and raised Carolina girl with no interest in ever leaving this area, so I'll just have to make the best of it. I'm originally from Michigan, so I'm at least enjoying the year round golf here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...