MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Not well at all. Shot a stinky 96. I was paired with a father and son that hadn't played in years and it was a slow tough slog. I couldn't get any kind of rhythm because of the waiting. There's always next week.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

- 44/48 = 92 (+20) 

- 6/15 FIR 

- 6/18 GIR (1 birdie)

- 37 Putts (17 2-putts, 1 3-putt)

Didn't play well. Mentally and physically exhausted today, caffeine and ibuprofen can only do so much. I did record two 260+ drives, but struggled all round with just about everything. Cannot score well when you lose three balls, and mentally losing balls just off the fairway (playing by myself, so if I don't see it land, good luck finding it in the rough) really takes a toll on you.

Oh well. Have Tuesday off and am hoping to play at least 27 holes. Onward.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Shot a 44/42:86 today. First t8me playing with my Cobra F8’s in over 2 months. Tee off par 3 #2 with my 9 iron which Arccos did not register, the 3rd hole did not register the 9 iron for my approach, then, #4 never closed to move to #5...all shots on 5 & 6 were adding to #4...WTF? I tried t9 fix it but could not get the Arccos app to close on Hole #4. Ended up canceling Arccos for the round. I’ve been having probs with the iPhone app syncing with the watch app to close the round. Gamed the Maxfli Tour CG today......really liked the feel and performance.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Shot a 44/42:86 today. First time playing with my Cobra F8’s in over 2 months. Tee off par 3 #2 with my 9 iron which Arccos did not register, the 3rd hole did not register the 9 iron for my approach, then, #4 never closed to move to #5...all shots on 5 & 6 were adding to #4...WTF? I tried t9 fix it but could not get the Arccos app to close on Hole #4. Ended up canceling Arccos for the round. I’ve been having probs with the iPhone app syncing with the watch app to close the round. Gamed the Maxfli Tour CG today......really liked the feel and performance.

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Posted (edited)

37/38: 75.. have I lost my mind? Did I get bitten by a radioactive spider? 3rd round in a row <80. is this my new norm? Or should I expect that any day now I'll be shooting back in the 80s? So much confusion right now!!!🤯🤔😀🥺🤪0714191131.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 8

41-39-80
6 FW
9 Greens
34 putts

Started out a little slowly but kind of turned the round around.  No fairways or greens until the 6th hole when I hit the green; first fairway was 9.    Apparently my short game swing looks great;  a guy stopped to compliment me on my swing and how I was hitting pitches and chips prior to my round......all I could do to not laugh.  It may look okay, but lacks some effectiveness when I get on the course.  It has gotten better,  but still a little inconsistent.  Hoping I can continue ball striking into my league match on tuesday.  

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

37/38: 75.. have I lost my mind? Did I get bitten by a radioactive spider? 3rd round in a row <80. is this my new norm? Or should I expect that any day now I'll be shooting back in the 80s? So much confusion right now!!!🤯🤔😀🥺🤪0714191131.jpeg

Enjoy it while it lasts. It’s always good to shoot in the 70’s. Knowing that you can do it helps on the days when it just isn’t quite right on the course. 

• Like 2

Played 9 and shot 7 over. Not a good round but not bad. Putter was working at least but my bunker and chipping was not good today.

I did finally for the first time carry the creek on #2 at my club with a persimmon driver. It’s 230 yards to carry it and with a modern driver it’s not even in play, but with persimmon I usually land right in the middle of it. Today with the graphite shafted Cleveland TC-15 persimmon I smoked one right down the left side for 250 yards.

Felt good to finally make that shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Played awful today .... struggled getting off the tee, couldn't chip worth a darn, and kept missing putts that I normally make.  Ball contact was really awful and inconsistent.  Since my knee issues and subsequent replacement, my handicap has been marching uphill.  I'm 4 strokes higher than I was 6 months ago and, honestly, I don't see it turning around in the immediate future.  Time to get back to the fundamentals and find my swing again.  Oh, it was a blistering 88....one penalty shot and the rest were just stupid!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Played awful today .... struggled getting off the tee, couldn't chip worth a darn, and kept missing putts that I normally make.  Ball contact was really awful and inconsistent.  Since my knee issues and subsequent replacement, my handicap has been marching uphill.  I'm 4 strokes higher than I was 6 months ago and, honestly, I don't see it turning around in the immediate future.  Time to get back to the fundamentals and find my swing again.  Oh, it was a blistering 88....one penalty shot and the rest were just stupid!

Are you making compensations in your swing due to the knee?

• Like 1

Just now, cnosil said:

Are you making compensations in your swing due to the knee?

I don't think so.  There's zero pain as a result of the golf swing, so no reason to do so.  I believe that I'm just swinging too hard trying to recover lost distances and, more likely, trying to manipulate the ball rather than just letting my hands go and swinging the club.  I'm sure we've all gone through those periods where nothing seems to be working and the harder we try to right the ship, the further it goes off course.  That's where I feel I am.  Today, nothing seemed to go my way (other than the team won 2 low net) and I just felt frustrated all day.  I know there's some good golf in there as 2 weeks ago I shot a 75 and then turn around and play like I did today.  Just call me a basket head case 🙂

• Like 5

94 (93 ESC, 42/52), 39% FIR, 28% GIR and 36 putts. The positives were a few crushed drives, a rare eagle look and two birdies. Aside from that it was an embarrassing round of golf.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, azstu324 said:

... What course? We should play 18 when I come back out to Phoenix next winter. 

... What course? We should play 18 when I come back out to Phoenix next winter. 
Foothills GC in Ahwatukee. Not a super challenging course but it's fun and has some decent scenery. The real challenge was grinding through 105° heat and maintaining some level of consistency.

We should definitely get together for a round! What part of the valley are you in?

37/38: 75.. have I lost my mind? Did I get bitten by a radioactive spider? 3rd round in a row

Nice round. Maybe the current clubs know you will be "Prowling" with some VT's this week!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice round. Maybe the current clubs know you will be "Prowling" with some VT's this week!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm really hopeful that the Lynx VTs (shameless plug ) will have just enough GI tech to help push my game to the next level.

Not gonna lie.. I'm about to crawl outta my skin waiting for the clubs and for the testing process to start.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Foothills GC in Ahwatukee. Not a super challenging course but it's fun and has some decent scenery. The real challenge was grinding through 105° heat and maintaining some level of consistency.

We should definitely get together for a round! What part of the valley are you in?

... I rented a house on Ahwatukee last winter but think I will be up in Scottsdale next winter. I played Ahwatukee once LOL! Played Aguila at least 50 times, Papago quite a few times. Then bounced around all over the place. Camelback, Quintero, Desert Canyon, Verrado Founders, Trilogy Ranch, AK Chin, Boston Butte, Legacy, Raven, Boulders, Wickenerg Ranch and both Whirlwind courses to name a few. I played 107 out of 117 days last winter.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, CarlH said:

Don't worry about it.  I saw the same thing after my TKR.  At some point like I did, you will forget that you had your knee replaced; everything back to normal.  

• Like 2

Played with my son Colton today:

FIR: 9/12
GIR: 10/18
Putts: 25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

... I rented a house on Ahwatukee last winter but think I will be up in Scottsdale next winter. I played Ahwatukee once LOL! Played Aguila at least 50 times, Papago quite a few times. Then bounced around all over the place. Camelback, Quintero, Desert Canyon, Verrado Founders, Trilogy Ranch, AK Chin, Boston Butte, Legacy, Raven, Boulders, Wickenerg Ranch and both Whirlwind courses to name a few. I played 107 out of 117 days last winter.
You sir, are living the dream!