MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Played OK in league last night. Pretty happy with the score (+6), but wasn't particularly sharp with my irons or chipping. I drove the ball really well (for me) on the first 4 driving holes, but hit some pretty weak flares to the right on the last three. I'm not sure what happened, but I think I was getting tired and couldn't finish the swing - it was a really hot and humid night to be walking on a decently hilly course. Biggest score was a double on a par 3 - tee shot nestled up against a tree behind the green, was able to hack it out but ran through the green and down a hill about 20 yards.

4 FIR, 3 GIR, 17 putts

EDIT: I had what appears to be an other-wordly 3H as my second shot on a par 5.... What you don't see is the fairway slopes down toward the green starting about 20-30 yards before the bunkers in front. The shot took a HUGE bounce and had to have rolled about about 40-50 yards. I wasn't actually in the bunker, but I was almost standing in it - off I go to fix that in ShotScope.

14.png.7fe41ba6a43a11309c283a42a2891480.png

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Practice is paying off -- shot 77 this morning.

• Like 9

Everyone go read my latest story and leave a comment! it is in the 19th hole forum

I'm grinning from ear to ear. A few squirrely shots, but I brought my 'A' game to Pine Valley today! 3 wood off the tee all day was money, and my iron game was the best it's ever been! 

IMG_20190717_181841.thumb.jpg.b30219f67a216d702d2f58f7a5d49aae.jpg

WOW! Great job

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm grinning from ear to ear. A few squirrely shots, but I brought my 'A' game to Pine Valley today! 3 wood off the tee all day was money, and my iron game was the best it's ever been! 

Great round at a bucket list course!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

IMG_20190717_181841.jpg

... Wow, taking a swing in progress to such a storied course and playing well. You Da Man! 

• Like 2

Scored well despite a double on 18, with a 75.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CarlH said:

Practice is paying off -- shot 77 this morning.

Nice round!!!  I need strokes.

• Haha 2

That's a great round Joe - well played at a great course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Grabbed a cart and played a quick 11 holes. Pulling ball bad.  I was gping to hit the range but no time to get across town wirh enough time for a solid session. I played multiple balls along the way, and by te time I got half way around, I was straightening up and played par last 5 holes. Still hitting range in the morning for some serious club discussion.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jlukes said:

A few squirrely shots, but I brought my 'A' game to Pine Valley today!

Great playing Joe!

12 hours ago, jlukes said:

IMG_20190717_181841.jpg

Nicely done, man! That's awesome.

• Like 1

Um, that hasn’t been signed and attested, so you’re DQ’d!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Somehow scored a 79, but you wouldn’t know it from my ball striking. fat irons a lot.

blech

• Like 5

Hit the range to figure out my pull then played. +2 for the 9 and hit 4 fairways..with my driver a couple times. No bad misses. GIRs 3/9 with easy chips/pitches on my misses.  Turns out my pull was caused by me putting right thumb farther over the grip which was closing te face....back to my normal struggles.

• Like 4

This is the weekend for my Sister-in-law's funeral.  Since we aren't playing golf this weekend, my wife decided to take today off from work and we played 18 holes this morning.  One of my Monday walking buddies joined us and a visitor from Gilbert, AZ.  Had a great time, but played... blah!

Fairways:  8/13
GIR:  9
Putts:  too many

no birdies
2 doubles

It was one of those days where I hit the ball horribly off the tee, but managed to scrap around.  My score should have been a lot worse.

• Like 7

It was really hot today (100ish) but windy 15-25 with higher gusts so it didn't feel bad at all. I hit the ball really well - only missed 3 fairways and one green. Days like this are few and far between but they sure are fun!

FIR: 11/14
GIR: 17/18
Putts: 29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

42/42:84 today at Pebble Creek.......struggled off the tee today but managed to keep it in play. Finished with a birdie on #18.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8