MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Golf is hard.....

Started my round with a hit fairway, 76yd lob wedge to 8ft..... 3-putt.
Practice green was much slower than the course.

Finished the front 9 at +1. Then things got interesting lol.

Doubled #10, par #11 (just missed the birdie putt, one roll short). Double #12, par #13 (another one roll short birdie). Birdied #14. Bogeyed #15. Made a 9 on #16, I hit the fairway then tried to play a fade that stayed straight, hit the backside of a hill and rolled past the OB fence. Then I 4-putted because I was super frustrated.

Finished par par on #17, #18 (another one roll short birdie putt on 18).

80 overall. Oh what could have been.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

7/14 fir

11/18 gir

31 putts

16 pars 2 bogeys. Can't make a putt. Frustrating. 

• Like 9

Although I played well the day before, I went out yesterday and stunk it up.  I actually did something that I don't believe I've ever done before and that is to take a 2 stroke penalty for striking another ball on the putting green with my putt.  The sad part is that the ball struck wasn't even close to being on my intended line....just a really poor path that put my ball way off my intended line.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Played nine
6/7 fairways
3/9 GIR
22 putts
It was wet today from storms that came through yesterday evening, but it was a pretty good round. I'll leave my putting out of this, the greens were horribly slow and I can't putt to save my life. Screenshot_20190719-222823.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6

3 double bogies led to an 83.  Missed a couple of putts that I shouldn't have and fought a heavy fade all day (maybe my ball is out of balance 🙂 ).  

Edit:  I cut it open.....looked good.  Must be me!  😞 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5/14 fir

11/18 gir

34 putts

Just can’t find the hole. Did figure out something in my swing so that’s encouraging. 

• Like 8

Played horrible yesterday.......47/46:93. Could not keep it in the fairway.......one of those days

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Played horrible yesterday.......47/46:93. Could not keep it in the fairway.......one of those days

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Might be the heat Grasshopper, brutal right now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

82 (38/44), got on the bogey-train on the 12th, and didn’t get off until 17.... Boarded the train for 18, though. Ball striking was terrible. All swing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 8

Hit the ball well, but struggled on the green

39/40-79
6 FW (most misses were just off the fairways), 12 greens, 38 putts (5 three putts)

• Like 7

I lipped out two par putts that would have me at 79 for the round. Instead I ended up at 81..... 40/41.

• Like 8

So, I finally got out  after 12 straight days of 12-15 hour shifts.  I played with a member in an Alternate Shot event, and put that poor guy in some spots that he didn't know existed on the course.  (we still won the thing by one.)

Then we went out for a 6 hole feature. 11 players in one group. We played a 3 team scramble. ended up going extra holes. Finished Birdie/Eagle in extras for the W.

All in all, it was a good day on the course. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, CarlH said:

Struggled with the flat stick on slower greens today -- 34 putts.  Playing the back tees and couldn't reach most of the greens in regulation (6/18) and my up and down percentage wasn't up to par (not getting close enough to one putt too many times).  Walked off with a disappointing 86.  The group I played with was such that I was hitting from the gold tees, 2 others from the forward blue tees, and the other far forward white tees (this group I play with sets what tee you play by age -- under 70 plays men's tees, 70+ plays senior tees, and 80+ plays forward tees).  Not fun being a shorter hitter and having to play the back tees.  

Was this at RVCC, or somewhere else??

2 hours ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Was this at RVCC, or somewhere else??

Yes, it was RVCC ....

7 hours ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

At least the weather was beautiful today.

Sent from OregonMyGolfSpy

We've had awesome weather so far this summer --- and no smoke!

• Like 3

Better Ball tourney on Saturday. Didn't go well. Shot 89 on my own ball, partner scored even worse (considerably). Didn't hit enough greens or get close enough to the hole when chipping/pitching up. Putting was good though - no 3-putts all day. Ball striking was decent. My biggest issue was just getting yardages right with the wind blowing a constant 15+ MPH all day. Hole of the day was the most difficult on the course, #11. It's a 456-yard downhill par 4 and the pin was in the back on a relatively small sliver of green and tucked behind a bunker. I piped driver down the left side where there is a speed slot and a good angle into the green. With 163 left in, I pulled 7-Iron and flushed it, ball mark was within 3' to the right of the flag - ball stopped about 10' past the flag. Missed the right-to-left putt for bird, but made an easy par which is much more than I can usually say about that hole.

• Like 6