MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

On 7/17/2019 at 7:12 PM, jlukes said:

I'm grinning from ear to ear. A few squirrely shots, but I brought my 'A' game to Pine Valley today! 3 wood off the tee all day was money, and my iron game was the best it's ever been! 

IMG_20190717_181841.jpg

Way to go, Joe!! 😄 You must to be happy to see your hard work pay off in a big way, too.

And a few nice circles on the card 👍

But... the bottom # in each column - is that the Slope #..?!!??  Wow.....!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Way to go, Joe!! 😄 You must to be happy to see your hard work pay off in a big way, too.

And a few nice circles on the card 👍

But... the bottom # in each column - is that the Slope #..?!!??  Wow.....!

Yup. Course is fair and demanding all at the same time. It's what makes it so great 

• Like 2

75 (par 73)

7/14 fir

13/18 gir

33 putts

Hit the ball well, still can't make a putt. 2 birdies and both were 2 putts. Going on vacation without my clubs for 9 days so hopefully when I come back I remember how to make a putt.

• Like 5

Played Saturday with my son at Whirlpool GC in Canada. Overall it was a fun course and had a beastly collection of par 3’s from the tips with four of the five playing 225 yards or longer. It was hot and I was at the tail end of an 8 day road trip with my wife and three kids so as you can imagine I was a bit tired by the time I got out to play. Had a blast watching my son hit the ball now that he is back to playing golf a bit more. No idea what I ended up shooting but my son said around 74.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Played te back 9 for my 1st round since Thursday. +2 going in to 17 and was pin high with about a 20 foot chip on severe slope.  Left a 2 footer onte high side and missed the downhiller. Hit it through the dog leg on18 and left crap for 2nd, ctap for 3rd. water on rth as I tried a dumb shot...double

End up +5. mediocre play but solid ball striking. 

• Like 3

Finally got back out after storms ruined the chance for a round Sunday morning. Usual nine holes before work.

- 40 (+4)

- 4/7 FIR 

- 5/9 GIR (1 birdie)

- 17 Putts (8 2-putts, 1 1-putt)

Considering my range session yesterday was absolute trash, I'm ecstatic about my round. Hit a bunch of good iron shots, some great approach shots, putting was above average for me and my driver didn't ruin the round (though I only had two good drives out of six opportunities). 

Tested out the MTB-X for the first time and was very impressed. I'll add my thoughts in the review thread.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, edingc said:

Tested out the MTB-X for the first time and was very impressed. I'll add my thoughts in the review thread

Likewise.  I've only played them two rounds, but thus far I'd opt for them over ProV1x (the ball I most love to find 😄).  

• Like 3

On 7/22/2019 at 6:16 AM, CarlH said:

We've had awesome weather so far this summer --- and no smoke!

Not here!  Had two fires west of town last week; one about 100 miles away and the Cold Creek fire about 30 miles away that burned 42,000 acres up the face of Rattlesnake Mountain.

eda2cf2e259289e83d9d133859e18a15.jpg.c79fe491118e510290a1a95667a54279.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Just now, Kenny B said:

Not here!  Had two fires west of town last week; one about 100 miles away and the Cold Creek fire about 30 miles away that burned 42,000 acres up the face of Rattlesnake Mountain.

eda2cf2e259289e83d9d133859e18a15.jpg.c79fe491118e510290a1a95667a54279.jpg

Sad to see! Picture still looks very cool to be honest. I also love the name, "Rattlesnake Mountain." Would no want to find out why it is named that

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bmaru99 said:

Sad to see! Picture still looks very cool to be honest. I also love the name, "Rattlesnake Mountain." Would no want to find out why it is named that

Yes, there are rattlesnakes.  It's a desert here not unlike Las Vegas.  We get 7 inches of rain a year; 4.8 inches so far this year which is below normal.

Rattlesnake Mountain is the highest mountain in the U.S. without a natural tree on it...  3600 feet.  Winds have been recorded on the top at more than 150 mph. The western slope  has private farms and orchards; the eastern slope shown in the photo taken from the Horn Rapids Golf Course is under federal government control with restricted access.  The shadowed area is where this recent fire burned.  We have had fires on that land that burned 600 sq.mi.

1024px-RichlandWaRattlesnakeYakima.thumb.jpg.cee60967603b830c5101367143258a2e.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yes, there are rattlesnakes.  It's a desert here not unlike Las Vegas.  We get 7 inches of rain a year; 4.8 inches so far this year which is below normal.

Rattlesnake Mountain is the highest mountain in the U.S. without a natural tree on it...  3600 feet.  Winds have been recorded on the top at more than 150 mph. The western slope  has private farms and orchards; the eastern slope shown in the photo taken from the Horn Rapids Golf Course is under federal government control with restricted access.  The shadowed area is where this recent fire burned.  We have had fires on that land that burned 600 sq.mi.

1024px-RichlandWaRattlesnakeYakima.thumb.jpg.cee60967603b830c5101367143258a2e.jpg

I honestly find that so cool being the city man i am. Thanks for the history, the 150mph winds really intrigues me.

4 minutes ago, bmaru99 said:

I honestly find that so cool being the city man i am. Thanks for the history, the 150mph winds really intrigues me.

My company operated a telescope observatory and a weather station at the top.  There is a road to the top, but if the wind is in excess of 40 mph, nobody goes up or down; the road is too steep.  Yes, people have had to stay there for several days.

Edit:  Sorry for the thread-jack!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Sorry to hear that....We sit in a valley and the smoke from fires surrounding us from around Oregon and California will often sit here for weeks on end until fire season is over.  Last year was particularly bad.  And to keep it on topic -- it affected golf play 🙂

• Like 3

I just got back from our annual Pinehurst trip.  This year we played Whispering Pines, Pine Needles, Mid South and Talamore.  I was also able to play Royal New Kent on the way down.  I hit the ball pretty well, but on the second and round I lost all short game.  My confidence went way down and I just did not want to be anywhere inside of 60 yards.  I fixed the problem following the round and chipped great for the rest of the trip.  Pine Needles was great!  They kept it in the same conditions as when the Sr LPGA was there a few weeks ago.  Greens rolled fast!  It was also my first time playing Royal New Kent (Strantz course).  I have played Tobacco Road and Tot Hill Farms (both Strantz courses too) and saw a lot of similarities between them and Royal New Kent.  I liked the layout of Royal New Kent and with all the Strantz courses, I would like to play it again now that I know where to hit the ball.  It was a HOT week of golf with the heat index right around 115 every day.  I was planning on playing Pinehurst 4 but the heat kept us from playing two rounds a day so maybe next year.  Did I mention that I didn't want to pay $400 to do it either.  Ouch!!!  Hit 'em straight!!!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Winds have been recorded on the top at more than 150 mph

😱!!  I've spent many years fishing the central WA area and it is indeed windy... but that is hurricane stuff.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great place for a golf course

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Sounds like a great place for a golf course emoji33.png

Playing amongst rattlesnakes adds excitement.  We take snake charmers (long iron) into the brush when looking for balls in Yuma. Local legend has it that a 6 footer lives in the small palm tree forest at the base of the elevated green, par 5, #14.  I suspect it's just a local who has created a private haven for collecting balls 😂.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Playing amongst rattlesnakes adds excitement.  We take snake charmers (long iron) into the brush when looking for balls in Yuma. Local legend has it that a 6 footer lives in the small palm tree forest at the base of the elevated green, par 5, #14.  I suspect it's just a local who has created a private haven for collecting balls .  

I used to love the copperheads and occasional rattlesnake in New England. Mostly copperheads.
6’ !!!, I’d leave my ball there also.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Playing amongst rattlesnakes adds excitement.  We take snake charmers (long iron) into the brush when looking for balls in Yuma. Local legend has it that a 6 footer lives in the small palm tree forest at the base of the elevated green, par 5, #14.  I suspect it's just a local who has created a private haven for collecting balls 😂.  

When I lived in southeastern Colorado, we played on a course that had a ditch running the entire length along the right side of #9.  It was overgrown with plant growth and was a well known spot to find plenty of rattlesnakes.  Needless to say, players did not attempt to retrieve their ball from said ditch.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This game...

shot an 80 today, but once again, completely different from my last game. Irons were working today due to a massive swing change, that is unpercievable to the human eye of another. And tomorrow will probably be different too.**sigh**

• Like 5