TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Shot a 79 today... miracles do happen.  I committed to playing a fade off the tee all day, I had some crap drives into the wind that only traveled 230~ yards, and some down wind shots in the 270+ range. One hole i hit a 3 wood to compare to the driver.  263 3 wood, and like 266 driver.  I really need to figure out what the heck is happening there. I only had one double cross drive, it was pretty bad, but I ended up saving par somehow from a long ways back.

short game let me down all day, the grass is funky right now and it’s pretty mushy out there, so I’ll blame some of it on that.  Great day out there though, and I even picked up a new winter hat, last one on the counter in the pro shop... was a bit chilly out there.

Are you still gaming the Blueprints?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Bladed and hacked my way to a whopping 50 on a soggy and chilly day. The positives..Dinked around a concrete pond and pulled out some practice balls, and i played #18 to a perfect par 5 with a hit fairway and a GIR.  Wouldve hit the bar after for celebration if Oregon was locked down. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

1 hour ago, pulledabill said:

Bladed and hacked my way to a whopping 50 on a soggy and chilly day. The positives..Dinked around a concrete pond and pulled out some practice balls, and i played #18 to a perfect par 5 with a hit fairway and a GIR.  Wouldve hit the bar after for celebration if Oregon was locked down. 

We know what you need for Christmas 🙂.

Jack Daniel's flasks, travel bottles, thermal cups and koozies

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

We know what you need for Christmas 🙂.

Jack Daniel's flasks, travel bottles, thermal cups and koozies

I have several but scotch flavored.  Just not in my arsenal today. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Our course is closed tomorrow until 9am.  Shotgun start at 10am for Thanksgiving.  42º partly cloudy with a light breeze.  I think the cover is going on the cart tomorrow; it will be a sloooow day.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played 9 holes with my Monday walking buddies.  Started par, birdie, bogey, double.  Is that "hitting for the cycle" in golf?? 
Ended up +3 for a 40 on a nice fall day.  Mounds very typical on my course make for interesting lies.
IMG_5442.jpg.c03c8a8e5810a6ea788f262afe5bd719.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I played 9 holes on the Old Course at St Andrews this evening....on a new simulator at a local course. 

It was a Trackman setup, very nice hitting area and the software and sensors worked flawlessly.  The putting was generously set at 6 foot gimmee's.  I think they are trying to get people to love it and join the indoor league they are setting up.

I had 3 birdies, 2 bogeys and 4 pars for a -1 total.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:32 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Since it was another nice golf day, I decided to hit the links this morning. I decided that I wouldn't keep score today. I wanted to work on a few things. I played well probably in the lower seventys. But it wasnt about how I played it was about how a young member of our club just played yesterday.  About a week ago he was trying to break the clubs low score record. He tied it with a 62. Yesterday he broke the record with a 61 from the blue tees with club witnesses. So here's a 16 year old breaking the club record, and when im playing my best from the white tees he beats me by 10 strokes playing from the blues. I would venture to say i'll see him on TV in the future. He was out there again playing this morning.

Theres a local kid in my zip code doing things like that too... Must be something in the water...?

Anyways, Ive been having a few rounds like yours lately, while working on my swing. Still trying to get my backswing higher, and trying to get the wrists to let the club get to level on the backswing. what I'm doing is taking a few practice swings with the John Daly backswing, where I actually can see the club drop down to the left of me. But when I actually swing to hit the ball it doesn't go that far back, but, I am getting it farther back. Am also making some really good ball contact with a much higher flight too. On the hits where it all works, I'm also getting some really good distance.

Some might wonder why I would be working on a major swing change, and I wonder too. But, the driver swing, and even the irons never seems like its all that it can be. So I cannot help myself with the swing tinkering. My one bud that made the suggestion last year that I had an awfully flat swing started it all, and I have to admit as I keep working on it, Im getting better hits overall. And with the latest change, as its still in its infancy stages, is really phenomenal when I get the whole act together. So now its just the determination factor to stick with it, and to let myself accept the change. Thats the hardest part, to make your brain believe its to right move.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

18 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Theres a local kid in my zip code doing things like that too... Must be something in the water...?

Anyways, Ive been having a few rounds like yours lately, while working on my swing. Still trying to get my backswing higher, and trying to get the wrists to let the club get to level on the backswing. what I'm doing is taking a few practice swings with the John Daly backswing, where I actually can see the club drop down to the left of me. But when I actually swing to hit the ball it doesn't go that far back, but, I am getting it farther back. Am also making some really good ball contact with a much higher flight too. On the hits where it all works, I'm also getting some really good distance.

Some might wonder why I would be working on a major swing change, and I wonder too. But, the driver swing, and even the irons never seems like its all that it can be. So I cannot help myself with the swing tinkering. My one bud that made the suggestion last year that I had an awfully flat swing started it all, and I have to admit as I keep working on it, Im getting better hits overall. And with the latest change, as its still in its infancy stages, is really phenomenal when I get the whole act together. So now its just the determination factor to stick with it, and to let myself accept the change. Thats the hardest part, to make your brain believe its to right move.

I'm working on driver distance currently.  I was at a topgolf with customers and one of them is a really good golfer. ( At another level ) I watched him put 10 shots in a row within the three inner circles at the far target with a 7 iron. I studied his impact position, weight shift and timing. I am trying to incorporate those positions and timing. So far its working well. I've probably gained another 15 yards.  I think I was doing everything well before but I think I was decelerating coming into impact.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Played a very foggy nine today. Would have been better than bogey golf if I didn’t have a tiger blowup on the last hole. Still managed a 47. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

This is how I plan on doing Black Friday from this point forward...😁

Although maybe not quite as cold 

IMG_20201127_112144.jpg

IMG_20201127_115634.jpg

IMG_20201127_120723.jpg

Kettlebrook?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Kettlebrook?

Stowe Acres South.

Nearly *impossible* to find a tee time anywhere. We teed off at 8 and when we left the house it was close to 50 but about 30 minutes North and we started with frost on our irons. Never did warm up much.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Stowe Acres South.

Nearly *impossible* to find a tee time anywhere. We teed off at 8 and when we left the house it was close to 50 but about 30 minutes North and we started with frost on our irons. Never did warm up much.

We lucked out found some down in the cape. Was looking like we wouldn’t get anything but lucked out. Never dropped below 50

I think I’ve played there once I recognize the barn

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

To say I stunk it up would be doing a disservice to those who stink it up. I journeyed down to the home course of a couple of mates that I play with regularly.  To say the conditions were less than ideal would be understating things, but I had fun regardless of my awful golf and the conditions. The greens were virtually unplayable and I was tempted to call  NASA to get the Mars Rover to find my tee shots as I couldn’t hit the planet.

Despite  my worst Stableford score ever, I came away with a new hat and a bottle of Shiraz for the best “bright colours “ outfit, which was nothing different to my normal ensembles. 

I may have had a few drinks on the way around, including a few that @kardboard.kidmight have liked

3D6663D4-743F-4237-A092-E8C824C9EABB.jpeg.1b1b627caa195903558512f73fb42736.jpeg

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Cold, foggy day and a 78.  Frost delay until 10 am and then a shot gun start.  Never warmed up during the round, in fact it likely got even colder as the day progressed.   My partner had a terrible day and we ended up losing our match soundly.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

7 hours ago, revkev said:

Spectacular late afternoon/evening in Florida yesterday.  Played reasonably well for someone who hasn't been playing or practicing much (only my third November round and I've not been on the range except to warm up for two of them.)  Shot 78 at my club which is an extremely difficult course.  A double on 9 really hurt - double hit out of a trap.   I was one over on the back and really played quite well after 10 - making bogey from a brutal fairway trap probably saved my round but it was a tough bogey still - normally on a par 5 you can recover from an out of position drive that doesn't cause a penalty.  I hit 3 consecutive good shots and couldn't make the putt for par - the one out of the trap was incredible - I was in a footprint and since we still don't have rakes that allowed me to place the ball - I hit a great shot over a high lip with 7 wood that took a crappy bounce onto a bank by a hazard - had to hit towards the green with the ball at waste height - didn't whiff - hit it just short of the green, perfect angle to the pin only to find that I was on the side downhill side of a grass bunker, really hit a great pitch from there up the ridge of the double tiered green and missed the 8 footer coming back.  After that it was pretty much fairways and greens on home with one bogey on a three putt and one birdie on a holed 15 footer.

I have some great pictures but they are on the phone and I currently don't have the mobile app uploaded.  I've buggered up my Apple ID (can't remember the stupid thing and for some reason the phone that it wants to send info to doesn't exist).  I have multiple emails so it's a matter of setting up a new account.  Perhaps tomorrow while trying to sit through the Giants.  

I get to practice those waist high shots from our rough quite a bit.  The worst ones are waist high, but on a downslope!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”