MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

😱!!  I've spent many years fishing the central WA area and it is indeed windy... but that is hurricane stuff.

Yep!!  That's why there are no trees up there.

Saw this sign on my first golf trip to AZ...

IMG_1808.thumb.jpg.73fbc982c1686999eb2ab08fd615ce4b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Played 9 holes tonight with my middle son - weather was beautiful - light breeze and low 80's. I was worn out because I wasn't planning on playing so I had hit 2 buckets of balls and then my son called and wanted to play.  I hit the ball really solid on the range but I had a bit of draw in my irons when I played - largely due to being tired. Such a beautiful night and a welcome relief from the heat.

FIR: 5/6

GIR: 6/9

Putts: 14

• Like 5

When I lived in southeastern Colorado, we played on a course that had a ditch running the entire length along the right side of #9.  It was overgrown with plant growth and was a well known spot to find plenty of rattlesnakes.  Needless to say, players did not attempt to retrieve their ball from said ditch.   

I do not like snakes

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

I do not like snakes emoji33.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That makes 2 of us. We don't see rattlesnakes here - but there is one species in northern Ohio. More commonly we'll see water snakes - they're all over and protected although I'm not sure why since there are so many of them. They're non-poisonous but will bite if provoked.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Was very excited to get out and play last night... then we saw lightning and heard thunder and the called it right as we were on he tee. So we went to grab some wings and a rolling rock instead. Best round of golf.

Also saw someone get a hole in one as i was warming up.

Edited by bmaru99
  • Like 5

Very strange afternoon on the golf course.  For starters, it was 63* in late July after being well above 90* for the past few weeks.  I'm certainly not complaining.  It was a welcomed change.  Just weird!

As for the golf, I gutted every fairway off the tee and hit one green in regulation.  It was as if I had forgotten how to play an iron shot approach.  Nothing out of the center of the clubface.  Absolutely frustrating and infuriating.  I suppose this is why golf is a four letter word!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sixcat said:

Very strange afternoon on the golf course.  For starters, it was 63* in late July after being well above 90* for the past few weeks.  I'm certainly not complaining.  It was a welcomed change.  Just weird!

As for the golf, I gutted every fairway off the tee and hit one green in regulation.  It was as if I had forgotten how to play an iron shot approach.  Nothing out of the center of the clubface.  Absolutely frustrating and infuriating.  I suppose this is why golf is a four letter word!

Seriously?  Five people like the fact that I couldn't find the ball with the clubface?

Thanks a lot guys!  🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Solid warm-up before the round.

I warmed up with 3 clubs: my driver, my 6i, and my 54º wedge. Hit 20 shots to get ready plus  swing with the ever  popular Orange Whip®!

I did them in reverse order from listed above. All got me ready for the round.  The 54º was a good club to start with and I felt good about range and loft. Still a bit off in terms of direction, but not so off that I felt worried.

My 6i was the best of the 3 warm-ups.  Solid with nice carry.

Driver was at best good.  Good range, loft was a bit high at times and I tended to have a strong pull.

Round info: 5828  69.1/122 Parr 72

92 for the round, 1 par, no birdies, 14 bogies, 3 double bogies, 12 FIR but only 1 GIR, 3 OB penalties, 5 sand traps. Many drives finished to the right, including all OB. Came close to drowning 4 shots, but the result was a poor lie for the next shot rather than a wet one.

Perfection was not even in the same zip code, but I was quite happy with the round as it represents a -6 from the last time I was there.

Edited by DrMJG
  • Like 3

+7 79 at TPC Jasna Polana today. Tight yet soggy fairways led to some awful approach shots. Chipping and putting saved me 

• Like 5

For a change of pace, my golf partner and I played a different course than we normally play.  On the front, I shot a decent 40, then made the turn and Dr Jekyl turned up.....had 5 double bogies on the back and ended up with a VERY disappointing round of 87.  No clue what happened (like @sixcat, guess I couldn't find the ball with the clubface) ... started hitting wicked push slices all of a sudden.  Meanwhile, my partner shoots a smooth 78.  Our Wednesday bet is always for a milkshake and I'll be buying tonight!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

Seriously?  Five people like the fact that I couldn't find the ball with the clubface?

Thanks a lot guys!  🤣

Nope... 6

I like it too!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

A 50 that felt like a 100.   9 hole league. 

Worst round of putting I've had in a while.  Two four putts😡. My speed was off all night two of the 4 putt greens I actually had birdie putts!!

Then hit two balls OB with a 7 iron and 9 iron on par 3's.   

But drove the ball well on the other 7 holes.  

Will tee it up again in the morning in the men's18 hole  sr league and hope for a bounceback. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

9 hours ago, sixcat said:

Thanks a lot guys!  🤣

I think they were probably sympathy likes.  Saying.  Yeah, I've been there before.  

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Solid warm-up before the round.

I warmed up with 3 clubs: my driver, my 6i, and my 54º wedge.    

I did them in reverse order from listed above. All got me ready for the round.  The 54º was a good club to start with and I felt good about range and loft. Still a bit off in terms of direction, but not so off that I felt worried.

My 6i was the best of the 3 warm-ups.  Solid with nice carry.

Driver was at best good.  Good range, loft was a bit high at times and I tended to have a strong pull.

Round info: 5828  69.1/122

92 for the round, 1 par, no birdies, 14 bogies, 3 double bogies, 12 FIR but only 1 GIR, 3 OB penalties, 5 sand traps. Many drives finished to the left, including all OB. Came close to drowning 4 shots, but the result was a poor lie for the next shot rather than a wet one.

Perfection was not even in the same zip code, but I was quite happy with the round as it represents a -6 from the last time I was there.

•  

Edited by DrMJG
correction
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

A 50 that felt like a 100.   9 hole league. 

Worst round of putting I've had in a while.  Two four putts😡. My speed was off all night two of the 4 putt greens I actually had birdie putts!!

Then hit two balls OB with a 7 iron and 9 iron on par 3's.   

But drove the ball well on the other 7 holes.  

Will tee it up again in the morning in the men's18 hole  sr league and hope for a bounceback. 

You will play better in the morning.  I do.  My concentration is shot by mid-afternoon.  good luck!!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You will play better in the morning.  I do.  My concentration is shot by mid-afternoon.  good luck!!

I usually do.  I commented about that to MDGolfHacker s few weeks ago after a bad league night.  It will also help that we will be playing the Sr tees about 5800 as opposed to the white at 6250.  

• Like 3

Back 9 to a +3. 6 GIR,.2 fairways, 16 putts.  Doubled a short par 4 thanks to a toed 6i off te tee in to the tree line. Missed a couple decent birdie putts. 

Loving the weather hete in te evenings as of late. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I think they were probably sympathy likes.  Saying.  Yeah, I've been there before.  

I know.  Just offering a little self-deprecating humor. 

Yesterday afternoon was much better.  I missed only one fairway and it was only by a yard.  I did miss one green in regulation with the only mishit iron of the day.  With the damp conditions, my drive stopped on a downslope in the fairway, leaving the ball a foot below my feet for the approach.  I cold-topped it.  It was a terrible iron shot that came up 64 yards short of the pin. 

But I stuck a 58* wedge 8 inches from the pin for a tap-in par!

• Like 9