MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

I usually do.  I commented about that to MDGolfHacker s few weeks ago after a bad league night.  It will also help that we will be playing the Sr tees about 5800 as opposed to the white at 6250.  

That 350 yards makes a big difference when you get older.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Played 9 with the Wednesday group yesterday. After the last 10 days on antibiotics still felt weak. Drove the ball relatively well staying close to the big boys. Irons not bad either, had a couple of decent shots. Putting lousy, greens were nice but slow.
Good thing I only did the 9, the groups got deluged with very heavy rains just after I left.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

36 (Par 37)

6/7 fir

4/9 gir

12 putts!!! (15 if you count 3 from off the greens, but Arccos counts those as chips so whatever)

A bit of an anomaly putting-wise, but tied my personal best for 9 holes today. Had a clean card until #7 where a bogey brought me back to even. Drained a 20' putt from the fringe to finish with a birdie. Felt like I was just seeing the line and making everything center cup, very nice feeling!

Spider X! 

• Like 2

36 (Par 37)
6/7 fir
4/9 gir
12 putts!!! (15 if you count 3 from off the greens, but Arccos counts those as chips so whatever)
A bit of an anomaly putting-wise, but tied my personal best for 9 holes today. Had a clean card until #7 where a bogey brought me back to even. Drained a 20' putt from the fringe to finish with a birdie. Felt like I was just seeing the line and making everything center cup, very nice feeling!

Was it the putter???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Was it the putter???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Probably a combination of the putter, and putting in a little more practice time. Indian and the arrow!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

That 350 yards makes a big difference when you get older.

lol is 450 an even bigger difference? 6250-5800=??? Just messing with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol is 450 an even bigger difference? 6250-5800=??? Just messing with you.

So much for Catholic School education.

• Haha 4

Didn't play today..... *FINALLY* caught a good surf day! 🤙

*Addendum: yep.. lots of tired, sore muscles the next day!

• Like 7

79 today. Iron play is still a positive. So close to playing well, it’s just a clank here or there, not just one specific problem. 

Inconsistency is a good description I suppose.

• Like 8

Welp, played a quick 9 from varied tees at my place today after work. Finished with 3 birdies in a row for a 2 under 35 kinda...

When we play late in the day, we just peg it up from whatever tee we happen to be near. Today that was mostly blacks, with a few reds and a white mixed in. Fun round.

• Like 5

Welp, played a quick 9 from varied tees at my place today after work. Finished with 3 birdies in a row for a 2 under 35 kinda...

When we play late in the day, we just peg it up from whatever tee we happen to be near. Today that was mostly blacks, with a few reds and a white mixed in. Fun round.

After work evening golf is a blast. Pickup games for 9 holes and work out stress of workday. Enjoy it!!

• Like 4

Played the front nine at my club today, late to stay out of the heat for a little. Par 36, no clouds beautiful sunset. Struck the ball well but  missed a few greens. Not too far off but not as well as I played yesterday (-4)  I had only 12 putts with the new addition the the bag (Spider x) forna total of 6 1 putts and 3 two putts. 7bfaorwas off the tee box, par 3 green in regulation but only 5 total G.I.R.  I shot a 34 (-2) from the gold (champion) tees.  Sunset picture / GIR pitchmark  7 iron  out. 

20190725_195035.jpg

20190725_192251.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bgolfn333 said:

Played the front nine at my club today, late to stay out of the heat for a little. Par 36, no clouds beautiful sunset. Struck the ball well but  missed a few greens. Not too far off but not as well as I played yesterday (-4)  I had only 12 putts with the new addition the the bag (Spider x) forna total of 6 1 putts and 3 two putts. 7bfaorwas off the tee box, par 3 green in regulation but only 5 total G.I.R.  I shot a 34 (-2) from the gold (champion) tees.  Sunset picture / GIR pitchmark  7 iron  out. 

20190725_195035.jpg

20190725_192251.jpg

Wow!  Those greens are soft!!

• Like 1

Quick 9 after work. 43 (42 ESC), 43% FIR, 33% GIR and 16 putts. Did a few good things, but got a little wild off the tee a couple times which resulted in two bad holes.

• Like 6

I played Trosper in OKC this afternoon - it was a lovely day and I was cruising along until the par 5 8th hole. I had 77 yards left in the middle of the fairway for my third shot - I set up to play a knockdown with my 53* and totally shanked it. WHAT?!? Where did that come from? I got away with it because I was able to get up and down for par but I couldn't breath for a few holes. On #10 I had 99 yards left and I was terrified. The group ahead was waiting for me to play through them and I was honestly sweating over this very easy shot but it turned out ok :

IMG_4128.jpg.7a5ee3141fa14898ed0afb192e4bf88b.jpg

FIR: 8/12

GIR: 13/18

Putts: 25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Played a course today I used to play a ton. Ony my 2nd round  there in 3 years and before that probably 15 years. Bank owned it  for a few years and they kept it open until a couple years ago and it sold last spring. New owners need some help as the course  as whole is bad. The greens are horrendous. I think moss took them over then the moss killer burned them. ...IMO...Holding hope as it fils a need. 

Shot 78 after hitting only 1 green. Super small greens and long par 3s from the tips. 67% fairways and 26 putts. Couple par chip ins.  Odd round numbers. 

• Like 6

Played a quick 9 for the first time in a while due to work and weather constraints. Played this fairly long course from the tips for the first time in a year and a half. Shot a fairly easy 37 (+1). Iron shots were amazing throughout the whole day, wedges were pretty good, and can't complain with putting. My drives were the worst part of my game today putting one ball in the water and spraying for the most part. 

Also missed a tap in one- footer on #2 the 237 yard par 3 after an amazing chip shot with some tour sauce on it. Had I made that, I would have been even for the round. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

FIR= 3/7

GIR= 7/9

Putts=17

Now I am going to list of my scores or holes in order: 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 5, 5, 4, 4 = 37

image.png.8a3235405beff83ed0cfde3bae670fd3.png

• Like 4

... Played yesterday and shot -2 for the round. It was a very easy -2 and could have been lower but just had a hard time reading some makable putts. 3 birdies and 1 bogie. Completely the opposite today, shooting +2 and everything seemed like a struggle. Missing fairways by a few feet and in deep rough. Missing greens and having to get up and down it seemed like almost every hole. 3 birdies but 5 bogies. 

... Everything was in sync Wednesday and I felt like I could go right at every flag. Everything just a little out of sync today and I was just trying to hit middle of greens. With a ball sitting on a tee I missed all 4 par 3 greens. These 2 days petty much sums up golf. Every day is an adventure! 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

On 7/25/2019 at 11:19 AM, bens197 said:

Took dad out today for a belated birthday and played a fun 9 holes.  We live 10 minutes from a great links course called Greystone.  This was the best ball striking day I’ve had all season despite hitting only 2 fairways.  6 GIR and 19 putts including 3 Three putts.  Shot 40 and had a great day with dad.   

IMG_7895.JPG

IMG_7896.JPG

IMG_7898.JPG

IMG_7900.JPG

@bens197 - I know you're both not exactly at the top of your backswings, but in the bottom two pics of your post it's interesting to see the difference in the direction the driver faces are pointing between you and your Dad ... Just curious if you remember the outcome of each of those drives?

• Like 1