MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

- 39 (+3)

- 3/7 FIR 

- 6/9 GIR (No birdies)

- 16 Putts (7 2-putts, 2 1-putts)

- 1:20 Round Time - Teed off at 7:05 AM

Great score considering I couldn't see my tee shots for the first three holes due to fog (and my shot into No. 2 green was completely obscured by fog).

Ball striking was pretty good again today, not as great as the last two rounds, but nothing horrific. Driver was pretty accurate but short for some reason. All of my clubs were short this morning, or maybe the ball just wasn't flying well, or maybe I was just tired. Did poke one drive out to 252 according to GAME Golf, which is pretty solid considering it was pretty wet. 

Only one really poor shot all day, a chunked pitch on No. 7. Otherwise a pretty clean round! Probably what you could call boring golf. 

View from No. 2 tee this morning:

IMG_30072019_093406_(800_x_1080_pixel).jpg.21f8e570b606b49ca04e0ec6fcd8e1e0.jpg

• Like 8

77 today!

Started with a J arthur on the first tee that ended up inside the base of a tree! penalty shot and chipped short of the green, then chipped in for an easy bogie lol

Game was pretty rank for the first 6 holes, left right heeley and toe shots. 7th tee I went right back to basics and stopped all the 'little tweaks and idiosyncrasy's' I've been experimenting with and started hitting solid shots again. Amazing what that does for your confidence in going for difficult shots, a few chip and 2 putts and a few 3 putts kept me 8 over, then a wedge to 6 inches for an easy birdie and parred 18 to keep in the buffer zone.

Feeling better about my game now I've decluttered all the youtube videos out my head 😂 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, edingc said:

- 39 (+3)

- 3/7 FIR 

- 6/9 GIR (No birdies)

- 16 Putts (7 2-putts, 2 1-putts)

- 1:20 Round Time - Teed off at 7:05 AM

Great score considering I couldn't see my tee shots for the first three holes due to fog (and my shot into No. 2 green was completely obscured by fog).

Ball striking was pretty good again today, not as great as the last two rounds, but nothing horrific. Driver was pretty accurate but short for some reason. All of my clubs were short this morning, or maybe the ball just wasn't flying well, or maybe I was just tired. Did poke one drive out to 252 according to GAME Golf, which is pretty solid considering it was pretty wet. 

Only one really poor shot all day, a chunked pitch on No. 7. Otherwise a pretty clean round! Probably what you could call boring golf. 

View from No. 2 tee this morning:

IMG_30072019_093406_(800_x_1080_pixel).jpg.21f8e570b606b49ca04e0ec6fcd8e1e0.jpg

Nice boring golf!  Ball doesn't go very far in fog, any high humidity for that matter.  Lots of water for the ball to get through.  

I live in the desert, but after irrigating the course all night and the sun beating down early in the morning, it's humid!!  I need an extra club for approach shots until it dries out a little.

• Like 4

Shot good again with the “new swing”. Shot a +3 74 with 3 birdies, and perhaps 4-5 narrowly missed birdie putts. My game is really fun for me right now. But as we all know, this can change in one day...

• Like 4

IMG_1229.JPG.a1843598d81c4cc374ebe808f6284556.JPG

77 in league this afternoon - doubled 9 which really frothed me. But won $105 dollar skin/closest to the pin on 8 - 178 yard 7 wood to kick in range - we play it down, putt it out so I did.

Oh and the course that I played was at 6,200 and my longest drive was 228. It’s wet, heat index was over 105 - the ball goes nowhere in these conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My practice paid off. When i had wedge, I hit it inside of 20 feet and I got up and down 2/3rds of the time.

• Like 7

Played 27 holes today at Lincoln Park West and East - the club championship is this Saturday and Sunday so the pins were tough - didn't make much on the West:

69 (Blue Tees)
FIR 6/13
GIR 16/18
Putts 32

East - hit it much better/closer and made some putts. Played in 55 minutes which was awesome. Took me 20 holes to get the speed figured out.

29 (White Tees)
FIR 6/7
GIR 8/9
Putts 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Played 27 holes today at Lincoln Park West and East - the club championship is this Saturday and Sunday so the pins were tough - didn't make much on the West:

69 (Blue Tees)
FIR 6/13
GIR 16/18
Putts 32

East - hit it much better/closer and made some putts. Played in 55 minutes which was awesome. Took me 20 holes to get the speed figured out.

29 (White Tees)
FIR 6/7
GIR 8/9
Putts 11

That’s just great golf!

• Like 1

That’s just great golf!

Thanks - it was crazy - couldn't buy a putt over 10 ft on the West and started making everything on the East.

Played a leisure 9 today, to kind of clear my head. Took some pictures and filmed a muskrat swimming. I played good with a couple birdies and a sweet Eagle on a par 4 from 120 out. I hit a gap wedge I borrowed from the pro shop (50* ping glide 2.0) Overall it was a nice club to use but already having a high launch, I noticed I hit the ball way to high. Yes, that's a Z-Star XV 🤯

20190730_194722.jpg

20190730_193435.jpg

20190730_193440.jpg

20190730_192843.jpg

• Like 9

Played my first 9 holes (league/best ball round) with the new M5 driver I won in the member-guest tournament I played in with @Wedgie... 

WHOA!.... even my mishits were out there.  We used my drive every time.  The guy I was playing with works at the course and he mentioned on a couple of holes "wow, this is your drive?  I've never been here before..." 😆  Driver-wedge, driver-wedge... GIR on all 9 holes....if only we could putt.  😞

It's a keeper!

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Played my first 9 holes (league/best ball round) with the new M5 driver I won in the member-guest tournament I played in with @Wedgie... 

WHOA!.... even my mishits were out there.  We used my drive every time.  The guy I was playing with works at the course and he mentioned on a couple of holes "wow, this is your drive?  I've never been here before..." 😆  Driver-wedge, driver-wedge... GIR on all 9 holes....if only we could putt.  😞

It's a keeper!

I'm loving mine more and more, especially since I upgraded to the shaft to the Even Flow Blue.

• Like 2

long game still good today..........BUT

3 putted the first from 10 feet!

3 putted the second from 15 feet

3 putted the third from 25 feet

3 putted the fourth from 8 feet🙄

I think I can see a pattern................😂

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

My boss is gone out of the office and so is my fellow co worker. Well, this means that I take an extra long lunch and play  9 holes of golf with my friend. Just got back and played fairly well. Shot +2 and waited for he group in front of us for most holes. Had a couple missed puts that could have easily went in. Anyways here are my stats:

FIR=5/7...One was waaaaaaayyyyy right

GIR=5/9

Putts=16

Score=38 comprised of 5 pars, 1 birdie, 3 bogeys

• Like 5

Most likely my worst putting day in ages.  Played a resort course today and I'd like to blame the greens, but I'll have to take ownership that I wasn't putting them well.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that I didn't make one putt (short of tap ins) until the 17th green (par 5 for the birdie) and then went on to miss my par putt on 18.  Struggled trying to find speed and break all day long -- bent grass with a lot of poana in it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Stumbled my way to an 85 today, starting with a double on #1

wheres that new swing? Smh

this game eh?

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

New day at a new course. 

68.50/113

Par 71, 5297 yards, played from forward tees. My score 90:  44 Out 46 In

17% GIR, 50% FIR, Handicap difference 21.5

0 Birdies, 4 Pars, 9 Bogies, 5 double

Penalties 4 Out of Bounds (all to the left) 4 swimming.

Conditions: 83º at tee off and humid (for AZ).  There was no significant winds to fight. At the start, course was damp from storms last night. seemed much drier as the round went on. No standing water.

Many of my problems were due to not knowing the course.  I went for what I though would be good for the next shot, only to pay too far left or placed myself near a tree or pond (and in a few). I will be playing this again soon.  Seems like a course that fits my game well.

• Like 6

Day 2 of my companies golf league playoff match.  I was the team substitute for a player that couldn't play this week.  After day one our team was down 13 to -3 so we needed to make up lots of strokes.   

I played the best golf I have played in a long time. 6 FW, 5 GIR, 12 putts;  34 with 3 birdies and 1 bogey.   So with handicap I was a -4 for the team score.   

As a whole the team played well and while we didn't win,  we closed the gap and lost -5 to -3.

• Like 8