TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

That is seriously hardcore.

Winter golf in New England definitely a challenge.
Used to play Portland CT course in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Given that we have six months of winter here, it's somewhat counterintuitive that we really don't have winter golf. But that's because the courses are completely shut down during those months. There's so little prospect of having any days to play that it's just not a thought.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

31 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Ice golf

Jan 12, 2021; Putnam, CT; 33 degrees at 10:10 tee off.
Greens were like basketball courts. You hit a high shot next to the pin, the ball bounces 15 feet in the air and lands off the green in a bunker...😬 Some greens still had snow and ice you had to putt through and one had an entirely frozen cup so the pin couldn't be placed in it. "Water" hazards were frozen over. Didn't hit into one but was tempted to skip one across. 🤣 Maybe I was a little early? Oh well.... had to try the new driver and putter.
2 over on the front and the back is not up for discussion.... 🙁

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

LOL, nope! props for going out though. glad ya didn't talk me out of the indoor golf session 🤣

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

Ice golf

Greens were like basketball courts. You hit a high shot next to the pin, the ball bounces 15 feet in the air and lands off the green in a bunker...😬 Some greens still had snow and ice you had to putt through and one had an entirely frozen cup so the pin couldn't be placed in it. "Water" hazards were frozen over. Didn't hit into one but was tempted to skip one across. 🤣 Maybe I was a little early? Oh well.... had to try the new driver and putter.

Yep....Used to play some winter golf in Billings Montana like that!  I remember one muni, the opening hole was a par 5 downhill.  In the winter, it was easily reachable in two because it would bounce so far in the fairway that you had a wedge in.  Of course, getting it to stick was another matter.  Another hole was a dogleg par 4 with a pond to the left that in winter would freeze over and you could "sometimes" bounce it on the green.  Fun times.

1 hour ago, c_zoid said:

I just broke 80 for the first time

Good job!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Given that we have six months of winter here, it's somewhat counterintuitive that we really don't have winter golf. But that's because the courses are completely shut down during those months. There's so little prospect of having any days to play that it's just not a thought.

There were a few courses in CT that would open as long as no snow on the ground. Most had Temp greens and used them when necessary, I played occasionally but 20* snow or no snow is nasty.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Okay, so I just deleted  about a 700 word post detailing how terrible my day was. Lets just say I’m done playing soaking wet, muddy golf courses during the winter.

I drove home today so aggravated after playing a 2 man game with 3 25+ handicaps, who had no idea how to team up to use a cart when it’s CPO, nor enough sense to bring a couple of clubs out to their ball just in case (shocker of shockers!!!) they chunk one 30-40 yard ahead and need another one.

BTW  I played horribly.... 🙄

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

10 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Ice golf

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

Well played!!   Last year we had golf balls on the ice covering the pond on #3 hole.  If you are a tad short, the ball hits off the bank and rolls out onto the ice.  If your ball lands on the ice, it goes through.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Awful.  Worst round of the winter season. A 44/47 at Desert Hills.  Really windy but that wasn't the big issue.  Putting was off the rails... not a single one putt and at least a handful of 3 putts. Also just could not keep a string of good shots going.  It started off double, par, triple, par, double, par and kept going 😕.  Oh well, next time.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Awful.  Worst round of the winter season. A 44/47 at Desert Hills.  Really windy but that wasn't the big issue.  Putting was off the rails... not a single one putt and at least a handful of 3 putts. Also just could not keep a string of good shots going.  It started off double, par, triple, par, double, par and kept going 😕.  Oh well, next time.

Blame it on Ping😉

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TSi2 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

9 hours ago, Tom D. said:

Blame it on Ping😉

Ha, we all know that can never be the case 🙂.  Still looking for contenders to move them out of the bag.

15 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Okay, so I just deleted  about a 700 word post detailing how terrible my day was. Lets just say I’m done playing soaking wet, muddy golf courses during the winter.

I drove home today so aggravated after playing a 2 man game with 3 25+ handicaps, who had no idea how to team up to use a cart when it’s CPO, nor enough sense to bring a couple of clubs out to their ball just in case (shocker of shockers!!!) they chunk one 30-40 yard ahead and need another one.

BTW  I played horribly.... 🙄

reminds me of a nine I played the week after having my best nine ever. I mentally lost it and played terrible (makes me know I can get into the teens handicap wise). Just think of it as a mental exercise 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Played a quick 9 yesterday, best I’ve hit the ball in awhile....6 of 7 fairways, 7 of 9 GIR, no 3 putts.....smooth 41.....I was wishing it wasn’t getting dark so I could have played a full 18

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

After an errant iron on my approach shot to #1 that went OB and led to a double, I managed to right the ship and make the turn at 39.  I refuse to comment further on what happened on the back nine.  Suffice it to say that it wasn't pretty!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Not a good round for me but was first time out in 3 weeks. My putting and short game were atrocious due to lack of practice. Driving game was better, I even had a good drive with my 3H. Hit 4/7 fairways but only one GIR.  Still concerned with my driving distances. Best drive only went 230. Maybe it’s a strike thing or the shorter shaft is not kicking properly for me. So some positives to take from this. Happy my 3H delivered for me as I am struggling with the top of my bag. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

... Had my best front 9 in recent memory hitting every fairway and green and shot -1 on the front 9. I had an eagle putt from just off the front but hit a hidden rock from a bunker and it jumped up and left leaving me a much longer birdie putt I lipped out !?@$# so it could have been lower. Now I certainly don't expect any sympathy from my northern friends but after playing too many days in a row because bright blue skies and 65*-75* every day make it hard to skip playing. But it was clear I needed a break as on the back 9 I just ran out of gas physically and mentally with 3 bogies in 4 holes and ended up 2 over struggling on the back after an effortless front 9. On #2 yesterday I had 255 to the pin and evidently decided to fly the ball on the green over swinging and topping my DHY leaving me 198 for my 3rd shot. Taking a smooth swing this time I hit my Cobra 4 iron to 10 feet with just a beautiful high trajectory that saved the hole for me. The long irons might be the best I have ever played. I have put the Cobra King Tour MIM irons in my bag to stay and posted a review you might want to check out.

... I am taking off and not playing today and Monday so hopefully I am refreshed by Tuesday. And yes, I can feel the hate and would be doing so myself in past winters but as always don't hate the player, hate the game. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

On 1/14/2021 at 12:04 PM, Rickp said:

Thats funny, I used to play there too.

IMG_1258.jpg.dc7e31e7707a5f6f564bd397d2e18ea8.jpg

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Had my now usual 12 over, although I struck the ball better than I have been. Conditions were tough, 20mph wind. I really struggled wth downwind shots. 3 very soft 3 putts hurt my score. Handicap is on the march. My game has been suffering from neglect, I can’t complain about my poor play because I’m not putting any work in.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Thats funny, I used to play there too.
IMG_1258.jpg.dc7e31e7707a5f6f564bd397d2e18ea8.jpg

It is a small world!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

We played with our Ohio golfing partners on Friday at Cypress Creek in Ruskin Fl. After several range sessions, my driver stopped acting up and my drives were fairly straight - well, except for that one drive that I sliced into the water. Ended up with an 88, primarily because I left about a half doz putts a roll away from the hole. One of these days I'll get to use to Bermuda grass. However, I was able to kick putt this in for a bird on a par 4 - no putter required emoji23.png
IMG_0427.JPG.508e5bb69a4bbbb1c5d6c5e6150c9d8b.JPG

This was also a day for seeing lots of wildlife on the course, from cranes and raccoons scampering across a parking lot to this bad boy sunning himself next to one of the tee boxes. 
IMG_0426.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Now that’s a gator! Looks like an awesome day!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

We played with our Ohio golfing partners on Friday at Cypress Creek in Ruskin Fl. After several range sessions, my driver stopped acting up and my drives were fairly straight - well, except for that one drive that I sliced into the water. Ended up with an 88, primarily because I left about a half doz putts a roll away from the hole. One of these days I'll get to use to Bermuda grass. However, I was able to kick putt this in for a bird on a par 4 - no putter required emoji23.png
IMG_0427.JPG.508e5bb69a4bbbb1c5d6c5e6150c9d8b.JPG

This was also a day for seeing lots of wildlife on the course, from cranes and raccoons scampering across a parking lot to this bad boy sunning himself next to one of the tee boxes. 
IMG_0426.JPG

When are you headed north?  That's when you will be used to Bermuda grass!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

40/43 at Mesa Del Sol yesterday with continued crappy putting. Not way off at all but missed 6 legit birdie attempts and what seemed like a dozen burned edges along with a couple peek-a-boo lip sitters 🤪. I so wanted to attend a PING putter fitting last spring while in AZ but C19 took care of that... and it continues this year.  Last week a new playing partner had me try his mallet style, face-level putter he had recently switched to.  It got my new putter mojo going again and that will be my focus once I finish my irons and woods re-fitting.

I really suck at this game!!  Same score as yesterday, 82 but today it was 42/40.  No birdies; no doubles, but I had to make a no-putt bogey to do it. 

Fairways hit... 5.  GIR... 3.  Really?!  Only 3 greens in regulation!!  I keep thinking what I could do if my long par putts and bogey saves were for birdie opportunities.  Frustrated!